Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! 22:29 - Jul 8 with 4338 viewsBrynmill_Jack

https://www.facebook.com/416022442090519/posts/1149090402117049/?d=n

I wonder what pikey and rockin will have to say about this ?

In some places £3.50 an hour !
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 22:38]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 12:11 - Jul 11 with 799 viewsJoe_bradshaw

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 05:51 - Jul 11 by jack247

It’s possibly just my perception, but it always seemed like you could find a space in Morriston when they used to charge. Now, it’s chaos 9-5 weekdays. Singleton is less of an issue as I can park in the university pool car park on the odd occasion it’s full.

I’d be more than happy to pay to park, with the funds reinvested into the nhs, in either to be honest.

I live exactly a mile from Singleton. When there was a charge for parking our street was clear of cars but since the charge was dropped our street has become a car park Monday to Friday.

It seems that people are driving to Singleton more and more now and the car park is full nearly all the time. People are turning up late for appointments because they spend half an hour or more trying to park.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 14:10 - Jul 11 with 771 viewsjack247

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 10:44 - Jul 11 by Brynmill_Jack

As they are now being run by private companies there will be negligent benefit to the coffers of the NHS.

I suppose the question regarding the availability of spaces in Morriston - are people on low incomes priced out of it?

The private companies don’t own the land though. I don’t see a lot wrong with charging them to operate there and funnelling that back into healthcare.

And we wouldn’t be talking exorbitant prices here. I get that it can mount up if someone is seriously ill and you’re there all day every day with them, but longer term parking is usually heavily discounted. At the moment, no one is priced out, people are simply excluded if they want to visit in the afternoon.
You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 15:20 - Jul 11 with 730 viewsCatullus

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 14:10 - Jul 11 by jack247

The private companies don’t own the land though. I don’t see a lot wrong with charging them to operate there and funnelling that back into healthcare.

And we wouldn’t be talking exorbitant prices here. I get that it can mount up if someone is seriously ill and you’re there all day every day with them, but longer term parking is usually heavily discounted. At the moment, no one is priced out, people are simply excluded if they want to visit in the afternoon.

The private companies pay the hospital a fee to run the car park and then they keep all the profits, nothing is funnelled back into the NHS and often the private company have a zero tolerance approach for any indiscretion, no matter how minor, one of your wheels touching a line...fined, 5 minutes late back....fined. Some places cars would be clamped and not released until the (usually exhorbitant) fine was paid.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 18:46 - Jul 11 with 723 viewsjack247

You’ve had your round of applause, give us your money! on 15:20 - Jul 11 by Catullus

The private companies pay the hospital a fee to run the car park and then they keep all the profits, nothing is funnelled back into the NHS and often the private company have a zero tolerance approach for any indiscretion, no matter how minor, one of your wheels touching a line...fined, 5 minutes late back....fined. Some places cars would be clamped and not released until the (usually exhorbitant) fine was paid.

Sorry, what I’m getting at is wouldn't the hospital be able to charge a more significant fee to the private company if the private company was able to charge to park? I didn’t mean my £2.50 going directly to the NHS.

Morriston isn’t like that at the moment, you can park there as long as you like and when it’s full, people park all over the shop, side of the road, crammed into tiny gaps etc. I think the only bit they fine you on is the 20 minute bit which doesn’t fit many cars.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024