Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK justice 11:46 - Jul 9 with 2491 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Should this High Court judgement be allowed to stand?
This idiot of a shopkeeper decided to test the efficiency of the Police upholding a new Council ruling for a street alcohol ban.
When the police arrsted him he was drinking carrot juice from a lager can.
They gave him a £60 fine for drinking aclohol as per the ban.
He showed them that it was carrot juice, but the fine stood.
The council took him to the Magistrates Court wher they found him Not Guilty because he was NOT drinking alcohol.
The council took an appeal to the High Court where the Judge overturned the not guilty verdict and awarded most of the councils £10,000 court costs against him. She also told the Magistrates to overturn the not guilty verdict to Guilty even though he did not commit the crime as charged.
The police could have charged him with wasting police time and or obtructing their investigation but did not.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/07/shopkeeper-faces-8k-fine-spotted-dri
UK justice on 12:03 - Jul 9 with 2471 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Take it to the supreme court.
Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. You would think the council and the Police could spend their time or more important issues. Like arresting people who are causing criminal rather than just watching them commit a crime.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

UK justice on 12:41 - Jul 9 with 2432 viewsNeath_Jack

The shopkeeper sounds an absolute bell end of a bloke.

Triple his fine they should.

F*cking cretin.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

UK justice on 13:20 - Jul 9 with 2398 viewscontroversial_jack

The police were wasting their own time
UK justice on 13:17 - Jul 10 with 2244 viewsCatullus

Thing is, regardless of what was in the can, anyone passing by would have seen a can of beer and that is the problem. Just because he was trying to be clever doesn't mean he is innocent though I agree they charged him with the wrong crime, when they knew what was in the can they should have gone with wasting police time or maybe even behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

UK justice on 18:28 - Jul 11 with 2168 viewscontroversial_jack

UK justice on 13:17 - Jul 10 by Catullus

Thing is, regardless of what was in the can, anyone passing by would have seen a can of beer and that is the problem. Just because he was trying to be clever doesn't mean he is innocent though I agree they charged him with the wrong crime, when they knew what was in the can they should have gone with wasting police time or maybe even behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace.

Why would that be breach of the peace.Was anyone likely to be disturbed or threatened.

Had any crime actually been commited?
UK justice on 18:32 - Jul 11 with 2154 viewsA_Fans_Dad

UK justice on 18:28 - Jul 11 by controversial_jack

Why would that be breach of the peace.Was anyone likely to be disturbed or threatened.

Certainly not the crime that the police processed or the High Court Judge found him guilty of.
That is the part that I am questioning, it could happen to anyone for any crime, littering that you didn't do, parking a car you haven't got etc.
UK justice on 18:39 - Jul 11 with 2151 viewscontroversial_jack

UK justice on 18:32 - Jul 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Certainly not the crime that the police processed or the High Court Judge found him guilty of.
That is the part that I am questioning, it could happen to anyone for any crime, littering that you didn't do, parking a car you haven't got etc.

I've always believed , that our judiciary is as corrupt as in any third world country
UK justice on 18:50 - Jul 11 with 2148 viewsNeath_Jack

UK justice on 18:28 - Jul 11 by controversial_jack

A crime doesn't have to be committed for a breach of the peace.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

UK justice on 18:52 - Jul 11 with 2143 viewscontroversial_jack

UK justice on 18:50 - Jul 11 by Neath_Jack

A crime doesn't have to be committed for a breach of the peace.

I know, that's why i put likely into my post.
UK justice on 18:54 - Jul 11 with 2137 viewsNeath_Jack

UK justice on 18:52 - Jul 11 by controversial_jack

I know, that's why i put likely into my post.

I was replying to your last sentence / question.

UK justice on 19:07 - Jul 11 with 2123 viewscontroversial_jack

UK justice on 18:54 - Jul 11 by Neath_Jack

I was replying to your last sentence / question.

Ok, whatever. Either way it's a terrible decision as it doesn't even come come to a likely breach of the peace.
UK justice on 06:19 - Jul 12 with 2045 viewsJackinexile1

UK justice on 13:17 - Jul 10 by Catullus

Someone seeing a can of beer is a problem? Yea mental.
UK justice on 11:42 - Jul 12 with 1989 viewscontroversial_jack

UK justice on 06:19 - Jul 12 by Jackinexile1

Exactly.Why would that even be considered a crime?
UK justice on 14:16 - Jul 12 with 1956 viewsJackinexile1

UK justice on 11:42 - Jul 12 by controversial_jack

I concur, hopefully Catallus does walk past the coopers, statio, globe etc
UK justice on 15:33 - Jul 12 with 1942 viewsmajorraglan

UK justice on 11:42 - Jul 12 by controversial_jack

Maybe there are problems with drunks etc in the area and this was the way they had to address the anti social behaviour. I seem to recall Aberystwyth had one years ago on account of the vagrant type characters who were causing big problems in the town centre.
UK justice on 19:01 - Jul 12 with 1881 viewsJackinexile1

UK justice on 15:33 - Jul 12 by majorraglan

Maybe there are problems with drunks etc in the area and this was the way they had to address the anti social behaviour. I seem to recall Aberystwyth had one years ago on account of the vagrant type characters who were causing big problems in the town centre.

Have you been down the beach or Marina over the last couple of months?
UK justice on 17:43 - Jul 13 with 1796 viewsNeath_Jack

UK justice on 06:19 - Jul 12 by Jackinexile1

There was an alcohol ban on the streets in place in the town that it took place. The bellend went onto the street with a can of Fosters, to deliberately provoke the already overstretched police force.

It's not difficult to understand why he got done, and good enough for him as well, the odious prick.

UK justice on 21:51 - Jul 13 with 1725 viewscontroversial_jack

UK justice on 17:43 - Jul 13 by Neath_Jack

There was an alcohol ban on the streets in place in the town that it took place. The bellend went onto the street with a can of Fosters, to deliberately provoke the already overstretched police force.

It's not difficult to understand why he got done, and good enough for him as well, the odious prick.

He didn't though,It was carrot juice.No alcohol.Who gives a toss about an overstretched police, they made work for themselves by being dickheads. Being an odious prick isn't a crime either
UK justice on 22:13 - Jul 13 with 1697 viewsmajorraglan

UK justice on 21:51 - Jul 13 by controversial_jack

He didn't though,It was carrot juice.No alcohol.Who gives a toss about an overstretched police, they made work for themselves by being dickheads. Being an odious prick isn't a crime either

The Telegraph article states there was a ban on “public drinking and people having open alcohol containers in the street” - the tin of Carling would have been an alcohol container prior to it being refilled with carrot juice.

The law can be an ass, but this guy hasn’t helped himself. He’s tried to be clever and it’s cost him.
UK justice on 12:24 - Jul 14 with 1632 viewsHighjack

UK justice on 17:43 - Jul 13 by Neath_Jack

He should be removed from society just for drinking fosters in all honesty.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

UK justice on 17:36 - Jul 14 with 1602 viewscontroversial_jack

UK justice on 12:24 - Jul 14 by Highjack

He should be removed from society just for drinking fosters in all honesty.

Absolutely. The end of civilisation as we know it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024