Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football's Best / Worst Governing Body 10:23 - Jul 13 with 419 viewsspell_chekker

Following hot on the heels of City's European ban being overturned, it's a question that must be asked.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53387306

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 12:13 - Jul 13 with 405 viewsspudgun

So many concerning aspects to this whole affair, and many cans of worms have been opened.

A huge power play with nobody coming out of it well.

Big business at its worst...
Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 12:29 - Jul 13 with 404 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 12:13 - Jul 13 by spudgun

So many concerning aspects to this whole affair, and many cans of worms have been opened.

A huge power play with nobody coming out of it well.

Big business at its worst...

The game is rotten from the top down.

But if you don't show your disenchantment, you really deserve all you get. Appealing to the better nature of the crooks who run the gravy train is unlikely to work.

But ruining the gravy might be a better idea. If everyone who has a Sky subscription cancelled it for three months, I wonder whether the authorities would look to clean up their act?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 12:49 - Jul 13 with 401 viewsspudgun

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 12:29 - Jul 13 by basilrobbiereborn

The game is rotten from the top down.

But if you don't show your disenchantment, you really deserve all you get. Appealing to the better nature of the crooks who run the gravy train is unlikely to work.

But ruining the gravy might be a better idea. If everyone who has a Sky subscription cancelled it for three months, I wonder whether the authorities would look to clean up their act?

Cancelled mine (and my BT subscription) three months ago; any sign of walls tumbling down yet?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 12:49]
Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 14:52 - Jul 13 with 386 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 12:49 - Jul 13 by spudgun

Cancelled mine (and my BT subscription) three months ago; any sign of walls tumbling down yet?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 12:49]

What you're seeing here is more than a football squabble. It's a fight by global business entities, private middle eastern family fiefdoms, etc..... for control, power, money and influence.

Are Man City any worse than the other so called big 14 European clubs?

Never had BT Sports, and only ever had SKY for 3 years (mainly down to their previous owner).

Problem is most people who watch football on TV probably have never seen a live game. To steal your phrase (I think) they are "event junkies", and wont give up the addiction.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 15:22 - Jul 13 with 382 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 14:52 - Jul 13 by BringBackTheRedRoom

What you're seeing here is more than a football squabble. It's a fight by global business entities, private middle eastern family fiefdoms, etc..... for control, power, money and influence.

Never had BT Sports, and only ever had SKY for 3 years (mainly down to their previous owner).

Problem is most people who watch football on TV probably have never seen a live game. To steal your phrase (I think) they are "event junkies", and wont give up the addiction.

I think I called them "event f***ers", but the point is well made.

I think City's main crime was getting caught, personally. And given that Juventus and others are still hankering after a permanent European League in the not too distant future, they wouldn't want to accidentally exclude one of the Chosen Few, would they?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 17:20 - Jul 13 with 373 viewsspudgun

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 14:52 - Jul 13 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Agree with your first point, Red - a huge power play as I mentioned earlier.

I suspect City are probably worse, mainly because their pile of money is possibly greater than all the others combined, and they simply short-circuit stuff like the FFP, and treat EUFA with disdain. Isn`t this their second large fine for financial misdemeanours?

Whilst I agree Sky sport is addictive (and I abhor their business ethic of not having a fixed recognisable tariff), I would disagree with the generalisation that "most who watch football on TV probably have never seen a live game."*

*Data available on request...maybe.

[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 17:49]
Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 19:06 - Jul 13 with 354 viewsspell_chekker

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 17:20 - Jul 13 by spudgun

Agree with your first point, Red - a huge power play as I mentioned earlier.

I suspect City are probably worse, mainly because their pile of money is possibly greater than all the others combined, and they simply short-circuit stuff like the FFP, and treat EUFA with disdain. Isn`t this their second large fine for financial misdemeanours?

Whilst I agree Sky sport is addictive (and I abhor their business ethic of not having a fixed recognisable tariff), I would disagree with the generalisation that "most who watch football on TV probably have never seen a live game."*

*Data available on request...maybe.

[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 17:49]

"most people who watch football on TV probably have never seen a live game"

Quite right Spud, taking "Mr. Widesweeping Generalisation Cliché" to task on that statement.

Prove it.

[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 19:06]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 19:20 - Jul 13 with 345 viewsspudgun

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 19:06 - Jul 13 by spell_chekker

"most people who watch football on TV probably have never seen a live game"

Quite right Spud, taking "Mr. Widesweeping Generalisation Cliché" to task on that statement.

Prove it.

[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 19:06]

Something we`ve started while you`ve been on holiday, spell.

A much firmer approach with those who are less than rigorous with their `facts`.

I`m appointing you `Fact-checker General`....
Login to get fewer ads

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 21:43 - Jul 13 with 339 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 19:20 - Jul 13 by spudgun

Something we`ve started while you`ve been on holiday, spell.

A much firmer approach with those who are less than rigorous with their `facts`.

I`m appointing you `Fact-checker General`....

SKY Sports has over 10 million subscribers.

How many people actually go to a game over a weekend? 750k?

Most PL clubs are just about season ticket holders only now.

(Also to be really pedantic, no one can go to a game at the moment.)

As the wonderful Kellyanne Conway said........

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it 🚬😎

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 08:14 - Jul 14 with 319 viewsspudgun

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 21:43 - Jul 13 by BringBackTheRedRoom

SKY Sports has over 10 million subscribers.

How many people actually go to a game over a weekend? 750k?

Most PL clubs are just about season ticket holders only now.

(Also to be really pedantic, no one can go to a game at the moment.)

As the wonderful Kellyanne Conway said........

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it 🚬😎

In the last 10 seasons 132.57 million spectators* have attended Premier League games alone. SKY Sport has 10 million subscribers.

You do the maths!

*Source statista 2019/ George T. Conway III

It isn`t even a three pipe problem...

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 09:38 - Jul 14 with 316 viewsspell_chekker

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 08:14 - Jul 14 by spudgun

In the last 10 seasons 132.57 million spectators* have attended Premier League games alone. SKY Sport has 10 million subscribers.

You do the maths!

*Source statista 2019/ George T. Conway III

It isn`t even a three pipe problem...

Getting back to the worst governing body, I'd say FIFA take some beating.

The Blatter years and all that.

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 09:55 - Jul 14 with 314 viewsspell_chekker

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 09:38 - Jul 14 by spell_chekker

Getting back to the worst governing body, I'd say FIFA take some beating.

The Blatter years and all that.

I've just read the morning's football headlines and the day after City get their FFP ban overturned it's being reported that they're going on a £150m spending spree this summer.

Isn't there something wrong in that?

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 20:51 - Jul 14 with 299 viewsspudgun

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 09:55 - Jul 14 by spell_chekker

I've just read the morning's football headlines and the day after City get their FFP ban overturned it's being reported that they're going on a £150m spending spree this summer.

Isn't there something wrong in that?

I see Pep wants some sort of apology now, and acknowledgement that they won the League titles fairly!

A 10 million Euro fine is hardly exoneration...
Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 20:55 - Jul 14 with 297 viewsspell_chekker

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 20:51 - Jul 14 by spudgun

I see Pep wants some sort of apology now, and acknowledgement that they won the League titles fairly!

A 10 million Euro fine is hardly exoneration...

£10m file is one minute of worldwide diesel consumption.

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 21:06 - Jul 14 with 291 viewsspudgun

Football's Best / Worst Governing Body on 20:55 - Jul 14 by spell_chekker

£10m file is one minute of worldwide diesel consumption.

Football fans celebrating their teams greatest European achievements:

Liverpool fan: "that night in Istanbul."

Man Utd fan: "that night in Barcelona."

Chelsea fan: "that night in Munich."

Man City fan: "that day in Court."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024