Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFC Online 21:32 - Jul 14 with 921 viewsspell_chekker

I was always of the opinion that the now defunct BHS site was superb but was unfortunately dragged down by clowns.

BFC Online has been (Basil Robbeie lol) reborn out of the the ashes of the old website.

The new site's frequented by ......... well . You decide for yourself.

Bookmark it if you want to keep in touch with middle aged ******.

At least it's a laugh or maybe an eye opener.

Lol. Fill yer boots.

https://bfconline.proboards.com/board/1/bfc-online-forum

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

BFC Online on 11:28 - Jul 15 with 893 viewsspudgun

Thanks for that spell, but even the most cursory of glances confirms that it is definitely not for me. Begs the interesting question as to why we post on here and not elsewhere (although some of you might).

I do like the new set up on AVFTT separating the political and football stuff and I occasionally read some on there from the more enlightened thinkers; but I do not feel the compulsion to post. Too much of the discussions are mired in prejudice, and quickly lead to squabbling and recrimination.

It is a shame Jane Gallagher and Lala no longer post on here, and we could do with some new blood to add a little variety. One or two new posters would be nice.

I was thinking why I liked this forum, and it is probably because I have never been annoyed at a post, whether I agreed or disagreed with it, and I like the perspectives offered by the different posters.

Also respect to Red and yourself who do a lot of the heavy lifting by introducing new topics and information...
BFC Online on 11:42 - Jul 15 with 891 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BFC Online on 11:28 - Jul 15 by spudgun

Thanks for that spell, but even the most cursory of glances confirms that it is definitely not for me. Begs the interesting question as to why we post on here and not elsewhere (although some of you might).

I do like the new set up on AVFTT separating the political and football stuff and I occasionally read some on there from the more enlightened thinkers; but I do not feel the compulsion to post. Too much of the discussions are mired in prejudice, and quickly lead to squabbling and recrimination.

It is a shame Jane Gallagher and Lala no longer post on here, and we could do with some new blood to add a little variety. One or two new posters would be nice.

I was thinking why I liked this forum, and it is probably because I have never been annoyed at a post, whether I agreed or disagreed with it, and I like the perspectives offered by the different posters.

Also respect to Red and yourself who do a lot of the heavy lifting by introducing new topics and information...

I have mixed feelings about this, to be honest.

I like ATG and Steed, they are two lads who worked hard to give fellow fans a site owned by one of their own. I've always wanted those two to succeed and maybe make a few quid out of it.

However, I also thought their laissez-faire approach to moderation was asking for trouble. A fair few of their regular posters going back were people who had been banned from AVFTT - back in the old days, probably by me. I think you can see why that might have happened. The pity of it is that some of those people were responsible for many of the Oyston related problems that the two owners subsequently had. Did it change anything in the way they posted? Nope.

It's early days for ATG's new site. It looks nice enough, but content looks like all the worst aspects of BHS so far. Hopefully that will improve.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

BFC Online on 11:53 - Jul 15 with 890 viewsspell_chekker

BFC Online on 11:28 - Jul 15 by spudgun

I read the new AVFTT and it's much better than the old one. I don't think I'll ever post on there though. I'll take my retirement when it eventually finishes on here.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

BFC Online on 12:57 - Jul 15 with 877 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

BFC Online on 11:42 - Jul 15 by basilrobbiereborn

I have mixed feelings about this, to be honest.

I like ATG and Steed, they are two lads who worked hard to give fellow fans a site owned by one of their own. I've always wanted those two to succeed and maybe make a few quid out of it.

However, I also thought their laissez-faire approach to moderation was asking for trouble. A fair few of their regular posters going back were people who had been banned from AVFTT - back in the old days, probably by me. I think you can see why that might have happened. The pity of it is that some of those people were responsible for many of the Oyston related problems that the two owners subsequently had. Did it change anything in the way they posted? Nope.

It's early days for ATG's new site. It looks nice enough, but content looks like all the worst aspects of BHS so far. Hopefully that will improve.

Is ATG and Seasider the same poster? Hope it works out for them. Was sorry to see BHS go, especially after what they'd been through. Their new site is not for me though.

I struggle with the new AVFTT, seems like still the same old entrenched positions, with opinions passed off as fact.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

BFC Online on 18:22 - Aug 3 with 832 viewsspudgun

BFC Online on 12:57 - Jul 15 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Is ATG and Seasider the same poster? Hope it works out for them. Was sorry to see BHS go, especially after what they'd been through. Their new site is not for me though.

I struggle with the new AVFTT, seems like still the same old entrenched positions, with opinions passed off as fact.

Haha! I wish you hadn`t told us about this spell because it is like watching Jeremy Kyle!

Expect the mods to step in soon!!

BFC Online on 18:55 - Aug 3 with 826 viewsspell_chekker

BFC Online on 18:22 - Aug 3 by spudgun

Haha! I wish you hadn`t told us about this spell because it is like watching Jeremy Kyle!

Expect the mods to step in soon!!

I read the forum yesterday.

Is the board moderated at all?

BFC Online on 19:36 - Aug 3 with 821 viewsspudgun

BFC Online on 18:55 - Aug 3 by spell_chekker

I read the forum yesterday.

Is the board moderated at all?

Dunno, but it looked like it was going to need them!

A fella called `magic` was putting the racists to right on the `Brixton` thread.

Looked like it may be turning a little fractious...
BFC Online on 20:48 - Aug 3 with 814 viewsspell_chekker

BFC Online on 19:36 - Aug 3 by spudgun

Dunno, but it looked like it was going to need them!

A fella called `magic` was putting the racists to right on the `Brixton` thread.

Looked like it may be turning a little fractious...

I've just had a look.

I didn't see that 'Brixton' thread yesterday it's a new one.

There was an even more extreme one yesterday, it looks as though it's been taken down now.

Login to get fewer ads

BFC Online on 20:53 - Aug 3 with 810 viewsseasider81

BFC Online on 20:48 - Aug 3 by spell_chekker

I've just had a look.

There was an even more extreme one yesterday, it looks as though it's been taken down now.

You are all more than welcome.

Looking for a new mod as it has grown quicker than expected.
BFC Online on 21:01 - Aug 3 with 807 viewsspudgun

BFC Online on 20:53 - Aug 3 by seasider81

You are all more than welcome.

Looking for a new mod as it has grown quicker than expected.

Thanks for the offer seasider but it looks a little rowdy for me...
BFC Online on 21:03 - Aug 3 with 807 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

BFC Online on 20:48 - Aug 3 by spell_chekker

I've just had a look.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

BFC Online on 22:35 - Aug 3 with 780 viewsspell_chekker

BFC Online on 21:03 - Aug 3 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Here Spud, the thread hasn't been taken down. It'll keep you entertained for a while.

https://bfconline.proboards.com/thread/285/blackpool-beach-yesterday

[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 22:36]

BFC Online on 19:14 - Aug 4 with 742 viewsspell_chekker

BFC Online on 22:35 - Aug 3 by spell_chekker

Here Spud, the thread hasn't been taken down. It'll keep you entertained for a while.

https://bfconline.proboards.com/thread/285/blackpool-beach-yesterday

[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 22:36]

It's worth keeping up to date with the 'Brixton' thread Spud.

I'll babble on a bit here with a long post, but here's my take on the 'I'm / not / a racist issue ..... but .....' issue . I'll try my best to express something I feel is true that some people cannot see.

Living in a Western European country, I'm a 'privileged' white man. I'm a car mechanic. NOT that black car mechanic. That's how I'm defined, or not.

I hardly ever get stopped in my car by the police.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53641559

I don't get refused when I want to rent an apartment - Do you want me to find an link for that?

There are genuine reasons why I do / don't get the job - Do you need another link?

I've no need to worry (all that much) when my children are late and haven't come home when I told them to.

The things that I take as being 'normal', are unfortunately not 'normal' for other people.

I'm lucky, or rather privileged, for being a white male in our society.

I've thought long and hard how to express myself on the subject of these fine lines and on which side of them you and me may fall.

I don't know what to say other than that. I did my best and those who know will understand what I have said.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 19:20]

BFC Online on 22:42 - Aug 4 with 714 viewskophero

BFC Online on 19:14 - Aug 4 by spell_chekker

It's worth keeping up to date with the 'Brixton' thread Spud.

I'll babble on a bit here with a long post, but here's my take on the 'I'm / not / a racist issue ..... but .....' issue . I'll try my best to express something I feel is true that some people cannot see.

Living in a Western European country, I'm a 'privileged' white man. I'm a car mechanic. NOT that black car mechanic. That's how I'm defined, or not.

I hardly ever get stopped in my car by the police.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53641559

I don't get refused when I want to rent an apartment - Do you want me to find an link for that?

There are genuine reasons why I do / don't get the job - Do you need another link?

I've no need to worry (all that much) when my children are late and haven't come home when I told them to.

The things that I take as being 'normal', are unfortunately not 'normal' for other people.

I'm lucky, or rather privileged, for being a white male in our society.

I've thought long and hard how to express myself on the subject of these fine lines and on which side of them you and me may fall.

I don't know what to say other than that. I did my best and those who know will understand what I have said.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 19:20]

I read this thread and went over there to have a look. Then I made the mistake of reading the Beirut thread. is that West Paddock Casual human, or just an animal that dresses like one?
BFC Online on 07:40 - Aug 5 with 693 viewsspudgun

BFC Online on 22:42 - Aug 4 by kophero

I read this thread and went over there to have a look. Then I made the mistake of reading the Beirut thread. is that West Paddock Casual human, or just an animal that dresses like one?

Yep, agree with that, kop. Like herding kittens on there for the mods, no wonder they are looking for reinforcements!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024