Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Live Aid documentary 00:22 - Jul 15 with 3324 viewsWarwickHunt

Anyone watching?

Phil Chilvers directed it and is being interviewed. Lived up the road from me and his wife is a big mate of my missus.

Fûcking legend and massive Swans fan. Had the Fûck Off Cardiff flag on a video tribute at his funeral.

RIP YJB.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 0:23]
Live Aid documentary on 08:54 - Jul 15 with 3236 viewsSTID2017

Is he related to John Chilvers, the former director from the Grand Theatre ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Live Aid documentary on 09:39 - Jul 15 with 3213 viewsWarwickHunt

Live Aid documentary on 08:54 - Jul 15 by STID2017

Is he related to John Chilvers, the former director from the Grand Theatre ?

I’ll ask his wife next time I see her. Phil was a BBC legend and must have directed hundreds of Top Of The Pops shows. Much loved and a real character. Top fella.

Directed the Live Aid broadcast - not bad on your CV...
Live Aid documentary on 21:15 - Jul 15 with 3076 viewsEbo

I watched than then started watching bits on YouTube. My god Led Zeppelin with Phil Collins was a disaster. Collins won't leave his hi-hat alone for five minutes and putting in drum rolls in all the wrong places, Page looking like he snorted Philadelphia dry, Plant clearly not on form, Jones just about holding it together. No wonder they blocked broadcasting the set.

Moved on to the Beach Boys which was OK and nice seeing Carl and Brian, but Mike Love grips my shit. I think Jeffrey Foskett joined the band around this time later moving into Brian's superior band then leaving Brian to go back to Love's tribute act.

I am not a Status Quo fan but they fitted the moment in opening the show, and will always be an iconic moment as well as Queen and Bowie.

Loved Billy Conolly's comment when he said that Santana was originally planned to play in the UK event but Geldof said they were "facking crap".

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Live Aid documentary on 19:46 - Jul 16 with 2983 viewsNotLoyal

Geldof only did it because he was floating in to the ether, mind you he’s a cnt any way.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Live Aid documentary on 21:58 - Jul 16 with 2948 viewscontroversial_jack

Live Aid documentary on 21:15 - Jul 15 by Ebo

I watched than then started watching bits on YouTube. My god Led Zeppelin with Phil Collins was a disaster. Collins won't leave his hi-hat alone for five minutes and putting in drum rolls in all the wrong places, Page looking like he snorted Philadelphia dry, Plant clearly not on form, Jones just about holding it together. No wonder they blocked broadcasting the set.

Moved on to the Beach Boys which was OK and nice seeing Carl and Brian, but Mike Love grips my shit. I think Jeffrey Foskett joined the band around this time later moving into Brian's superior band then leaving Brian to go back to Love's tribute act.

I am not a Status Quo fan but they fitted the moment in opening the show, and will always be an iconic moment as well as Queen and Bowie.

Loved Billy Conolly's comment when he said that Santana was originally planned to play in the UK event but Geldof said they were "facking crap".

Dire straits, sultans of swing was amazing.The best set of all, even better than Queen, and i'm not a fan of them
Live Aid documentary on 03:20 - Jul 17 with 2903 viewsWanderer

Live Aid documentary on 21:58 - Jul 16 by controversial_jack

Dire straits, sultans of swing was amazing.The best set of all, even better than Queen, and i'm not a fan of them

U2 were the rising star back then, but oddly enough (can't believe i'm writing this) but thought Paul Young was enjoyable to watch too.
Live Aid documentary on 08:28 - Jul 17 with 2860 viewstheloneranger

Live Aid documentary on 21:58 - Jul 16 by controversial_jack

Great to see my old mate Terry Williams on the drums.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Live Aid documentary on 09:30 - Jul 17 with 2840 viewsJBT95

Live Aid documentary on 19:46 - Jul 16 by NotLoyal

Geldof only did it because he was floating in to the ether, mind you he’s a cnt any way.

So much of a cnt he was the reason for it and Band Aid.

Not to mention a great front man of The Boomtown Rats.
Login to get fewer ads

Live Aid documentary on 11:49 - Jul 17 with 2814 viewsWarwickHunt

Live Aid documentary on 08:28 - Jul 17 by theloneranger

Great to see my old mate Terry Williams on the drums.

Terry is an awesome drummer, lovely fella too.
Live Aid documentary on 17:48 - Jul 17 with 2771 viewscontroversial_jack

Live Aid documentary on 11:49 - Jul 17 by WarwickHunt

Terry is an awesome drummer, lovely fella too.

Amazing drummer.Check his performance out here

Live Aid documentary on 19:37 - Jul 17 with 2754 viewsLibertarian

Will never understand why Led Zeppelin played with 2 drummers simultaneously that day.
Live Aid documentary on 09:05 - Jul 18 with 2692 viewsNotLoyal

Live Aid documentary on 09:30 - Jul 17 by JBT95

So much of a cnt he was the reason for it and Band Aid.

Not to mention a great front man of The Boomtown Rats.

My experiences of him are more personal, an arrogant, pitiful and demanding man who is hated by many of his peers. Just my opinion.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Live Aid documentary on 11:20 - Jul 18 with 2681 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Live Aid documentary on 09:05 - Jul 18 by NotLoyal

My experiences of him are more personal, an arrogant, pitiful and demanding man who is hated by many of his peers. Just my opinion.

I never liked the BTR and couldn’t understand the attention that they garnered to be honest. I do admire him for taking Michael Hutchence’s daughter by Paula Yates in to his family.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024