Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters allowed back in October 11:46 - Jul 17 with 7267 viewsSwansea93

Providing trials are successful the goverment have given the green light.

Only fair way I can see this working is pausing season tickets, and putting tickets on sale and having a first come first served policy as you would buying concert event tickets if there's a reduced capacity, there's probably more season tickets holders renewed than what the reduced capacity would allow.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Supporters allowed back in October on 18:43 - Jul 22 with 1627 viewsshingle

Supporters allowed back in October on 21:30 - Jul 17 by Andy1300

Herd immunity it is then, shield the vulnerable and let everyone else get on with life

YEP which like Sweden is something they should have done in the first place, cons being probably at least double the number of deaths but many of them will not be due to Covid just as many of the 45000 so far are not from Covid, they just tell as they died from Covid, the positives at least half a million lives saved due to normal health care not being stopped, the non destruction of the economy, thousands of jobs not lost, company's that have now folded would not have done so, etc
Supporters allowed back in October on 18:47 - Jul 22 with 1623 viewsshingle

Supporters allowed back in October on 22:29 - Jul 18 by felixstowe_jack

Then why is Barcelona back in lockdown?

Its not, stop being so dramatic, if and when they actually go into lockdown then you can become dramatic.
Supporters allowed back in October on 18:49 - Jul 22 with 1619 viewsshingle

Supporters allowed back in October on 15:52 - Jul 19 by Kilkennyjack

Is killing 60,000 uk people needlessly not enough for you ?

Not to mention the long term health damage to thousands more.

Drama queen alert.
Supporters allowed back in October on 11:46 - Aug 6 with 1496 viewscontroversial_jack

Supporters allowed back in October on 18:43 - Jul 22 by shingle

YEP which like Sweden is something they should have done in the first place, cons being probably at least double the number of deaths but many of them will not be due to Covid just as many of the 45000 so far are not from Covid, they just tell as they died from Covid, the positives at least half a million lives saved due to normal health care not being stopped, the non destruction of the economy, thousands of jobs not lost, company's that have now folded would not have done so, etc

Antibodies do not remain in the system for very long, so herd immunity isn't an option.
Supporters allowed back in October on 13:59 - Aug 6 with 1449 viewsonehunglow

Drama queen because he is concerned about the thousands dying of this.#Just feck ne rigid.

Im with Killy here all the way.

Dont for one moment believe stadiums will be housing spectators in October.

I can see it now,queuing for a pie a pint and a pisse. Socially distanced and toilets a picture of cleanliness.

People dont even wash their feckn hands after a pisse

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Supporters allowed back in October on 14:19 - Aug 6 with 1445 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ive just filled in a tracking app on my phone for breakfast at the boozer. I see no reason at all why 2000 cannot be let into the stadium. Arrival will be by timed appointment and refreshments bought in advance. The two thousand will pay twice as much therefore being an equivalent 4000 crowd. Elderly fans will be advised not to come at least initially. Fans will actually be part of a trial but they will know the situation in advance.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Supporters allowed back in October on 14:22 - Aug 6 with 1441 viewsonehunglow

I just cannot see it;hope Im wrong as sport is meaningless right now.It's dead.

As for the Rugby Internationals-good luck with them.

Supporters allowed back in October on 14:42 - Aug 6 with 1429 viewsHighjack

Supporters allowed back in October on 11:46 - Aug 6 by controversial_jack

Antibodies do not remain in the system for very long, so herd immunity isn't an option.

Of course they don’t. If there’s no antigens to stimulate the production of antibodies you won’t produce them. But if you’re exposed to the virus again then those antibodies will be produced again resulting in increased immunity/resistance.

The antibodies don’t just sit in your blood waiting for the pathogen to return.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters allowed back in October on 15:31 - Aug 6 with 1406 viewsBadlands

Supporters allowed back in October on 18:43 - Jul 22 by shingle

or

follow New Zealand's lead

22 deaths
Rugby crowds of 30,000+

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Supporters allowed back in October on 18:23 - Aug 6 with 1363 viewsshingle

Supporters allowed back in October on 15:31 - Aug 6 by Badlands

or

follow New Zealand's lead

22 deaths
Rugby crowds of 30,000+

Saying that New Zealand has a small population and is pretty sparse, Countries like Iceland have done even better due of course to a low population etc, i would still prefer the NZ pm in charge of us rather than Johnson mind you.
Supporters allowed back in October on 18:26 - Aug 6 with 1361 viewsBillyChong

Supporters allowed back in October on 14:19 - Aug 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Ive just filled in a tracking app on my phone for breakfast at the boozer. I see no reason at all why 2000 cannot be let into the stadium. Arrival will be by timed appointment and refreshments bought in advance. The two thousand will pay twice as much therefore being an equivalent 4000 crowd. Elderly fans will be advised not to come at least initially. Fans will actually be part of a trial but they will know the situation in advance.

How will the 2,000 pay twice as much?
Supporters allowed back in October on 18:27 - Aug 6 with 1361 viewsshingle

Supporters allowed back in October on 13:59 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Drama queen because he is concerned about the thousands dying of this.#Just feck ne rigid.

Im with Killy here all the way.

Dont for one moment believe stadiums will be housing spectators in October.

I can see it now,queuing for a pie a pint and a pisse. Socially distanced and toilets a picture of cleanliness.

People dont even wash their feckn hands after a pisse

I would say scaremongering, nothing came of that so called Barcelona spike did it, as i say if it was the proven case fair enough, but it was not, so he was being a drama queen.
Supporters allowed back in October on 18:33 - Aug 6 with 1356 viewsonehunglow

Thanks but I'll stick with the scare.

I hope it doesnt affect you or family.

Supporters allowed back in October on 18:39 - Aug 6 with 1355 viewsshingle

Supporters allowed back in October on 18:33 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Thanks but I'll stick with the scare.

I hope it doesnt affect you or family.

I also hope it does not affect anyone, but this over the top scaremongering is no good to anyone, report it if its proven to be correct, other wise shut the fcuk up and stop trying to strike fear into people.
Supporters allowed back in October on 20:35 - Aug 6 with 1300 viewsonehunglow

Frankly,chum,looking around I see little sign of that.
Even a cursory look at the tw'ats who wont wear a piece of cloth on their faces shows just how little we are scared.

Supporters allowed back in October on 21:26 - Aug 6 with 1273 viewsbuilthjack

Supporters allowed back in October on 14:19 - Aug 6 by ReslovenSwan1

What about the 8000 who renewed season tickets?
The 2000 paying twice as much can't happen.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Supporters allowed back in October on 22:00 - Aug 6 with 1247 viewsReslovenSwan1

Supporters allowed back in October on 21:26 - Aug 6 by builthjack

What about the 8000 who renewed season tickets?
The 2000 paying twice as much can't happen.

Not only it CAN happen it MUST if the crisis continues. Its the law of supply and demand. All entertainment and leisure businesses once support is removed, will have to adapt to the new normal and this means significant inflation. Pubs, clubs, restaurants cinemas and football teams as they adapt to safe spacing rules will need to turnaway normal customers and hike prices in order to survive. If I was Birch new average ticket prices will be an average of £60 per game rather than £30. If for example 5,000 fans were allowed by the authorities this would be the equivalent of 10,000. £90 per game would be the current 15,000. Renewing season tickets is for career optimists. Pubs cinemas need to take twice as much from half the customers to stand still and survive. There is no other way once Government support is removed.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Supporters allowed back in October on 02:57 - Aug 7 with 1176 viewsWhiterockin

Supporters allowed back in October on 22:00 - Aug 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Not only it CAN happen it MUST if the crisis continues. Its the law of supply and demand. All entertainment and leisure businesses once support is removed, will have to adapt to the new normal and this means significant inflation. Pubs, clubs, restaurants cinemas and football teams as they adapt to safe spacing rules will need to turnaway normal customers and hike prices in order to survive. If I was Birch new average ticket prices will be an average of £60 per game rather than £30. If for example 5,000 fans were allowed by the authorities this would be the equivalent of 10,000. £90 per game would be the current 15,000. Renewing season tickets is for career optimists. Pubs cinemas need to take twice as much from half the customers to stand still and survive. There is no other way once Government support is removed.

Thank feck you are not Birch.
Supporters allowed back in October on 11:10 - Aug 7 with 1124 viewsSWANSEYE

Can't understand why they are allowing supporters back in October but starting the Season in September. Surely after everything we've been through it would make sense to coincide the Season with the fans coming back and give the Club some sort of revenue.
Supporters allowed back in October on 11:18 - Aug 7 with 1120 viewsBadlands

October has been touted by the government because it is far enough away to be meaningless.
Had they said September when the leagues resume and there continues to be city / region wide lockdowns permission would almost certainly have to be rescinded.
The problems we face are largely down to Johnson and his government not taking the pandemic seriously in the first place, then failing in their response and subsequently wasting our money on gesture politics that put £millions in the pockets of mates.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Supporters allowed back in October on 11:20 - Aug 7 with 1119 viewsonehunglow

Hard to disagree Badlands .
However,Johnson's biggest mistake,which is huge,is expecting the general public to be "sensible",even drinking.
He opened pubs at 6am.FFS.

I'd have them still closed now as I would bookies .

Supporters allowed back in October on 18:04 - Aug 11 with 974 viewsFlash

There is no way that supporters will be allowed back into stadiums until next year. The are saying that another surge is expected in the winter, so how can it be expected that supporters will be allowed back in during that period.
I can't see anyone else buying a season ticket until a deffinate date is announced.
Supporters allowed back in October on 18:30 - Aug 11 with 963 viewsAndy1300

Supporters allowed back in October on 18:04 - Aug 11 by Flash

There is no way that supporters will be allowed back into stadiums until next year. The are saying that another surge is expected in the winter, so how can it be expected that supporters will be allowed back in during that period.
I can't see anyone else buying a season ticket until a deffinate date is announced.

They are saying there will be another surge now, it’s not happening though, whoever has a cold or flu this winter will be lumped in with the covid bollux

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024