Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New board 18:40 - Jul 22 with 16614 viewsTreforys_Jack

Just had a little look, feck me, its gone down the shitter in record time.
New board on 18:19 - Jul 27 with 1304 viewsHumpty

New board on 18:09 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

Anyone born during or just after the World War 2 was very likley to be racist, not based on colour, but on what other people did.
Everyone I knew, including me hated the Germans for what they did to Europe, us and the Jews & Gypsies. Plus it was personal, our homes was destroyed twice by German bombs.
They also hated the Japs for the way they treated prisoners of war.
I intensly dislike Iranians for their brutality and training of terrorists.
And I now own up to hating the Chinese for :-
Mao's little red book and their reaction to it.
Their human rights issues.
Their treatment of minorities & religious groups.
Their disregard for international laws on patents, intellectual rights, copyrights.
Their disregard for international standards on health & safety of their crap products.
Their disregard of other countries import laws.
Their treatment of animals.
Last but not least their lies and handling of COVID-19 which has cost the world dear and will still cost a lot more in deaths & financial ruin.

I would never consider physically, mentally or verbally abusing any of them, I just do not want anything to do with them at all.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 18:16]

Personally I don't judge individual people on the actions their government may or may not take, no matter what countries they come from.

Anybody who does is rather silly IMO.
New board on 18:25 - Jul 27 with 1301 viewschad

New board on 15:23 - Jul 27 by Humpty

Did the OU teach law by showing students Judge Rinder videos?

Some people on here think watching them makes them experts in law, as well as climatology and virology.

Interesting where was judge Rinder mentioned? Or are you just making that up?

Are you talking about the inspiration for the Trust’s first consultation exercise and recommend deal, as I am sure that would be insulting to Judge Rinder 🤷‍♂️

I like Prof but the fact that he calls himself that in a football forum makes me smile. In fact I teased him about that when I was very disappointed in him using the racist term Gammon. Others use it and bless them they know no better, but I thought Prof better than that. It did not show great balance tbh.

Prof himself has dismissed the views of an actual virologist from another uni. So he does not think the view of qualified pros are sacrosanct. A healthy view imho.

But unless you are a fat egg about to fall off the wall, I should not guess at the knowledge and capabilities of the anonymous by their names on a football forum if I were you.

You have not always got things right yourself, have you Hump. Does that mean you usually tell lies?
New board on 18:26 - Jul 27 with 1294 viewsProfessor

New board on 17:24 - Jul 27 by onehunglow

I ll let go with how feel.

Racism? Our parents were mainly that way though through no fault of their own as many were not well educated and we had an empire that taught us we were superior to many races/countries. To deny that is people's first mistake.

Everybody prefers their own kind-religions,race,ethnicity.Basic stuff.

Most BLM demonstrators are white middle clas jerks who protest about the very system that gave them a private school,large house and a mummy and daddy who had dinner parties with others who pined about the working classes whilst they devoured a 57 Margaux.

Swansea,as I remember it, was intensely racist ,which was weird as the number of black families was virtually 0.001 %.(I made that up) but how many were around in the 50/60/70s.

Swansea was not only racist but religiously intolerant evidenced by catholic and jews being ejected from morning assemblies.

My point people in south Wales have (outside Splott) zero experience of multi culturalism that is so loved -when in actually fact -it is a sham. Talk to anyone from old Bradford ,Dewsbury,Blackburn,Burnley Oldham and Preston and ask them how they feel about multi culturalism and how their towns have become radically changed into crap holes.

To suggest white people are not in a minority in many parts of Bradford is beyond dumb. Same in many west Yorkshire towns where Asian families have sourced low priced terraced houses for extended families. They do ,however,have string family units and fathers stop their daughters going out looking like tarts and getting, with child, for the state to look after. They are very hard working people and their youngsters ,especially,have a work ethic which many white kids do not have.They also do not go out and get pissed and vomit all over our towns after a "good night".

Is this a racist post.To some ,yes but that is how I see it.

Finally,BLM has created racist views in people who were previously devoid of such feelings. Why?Because they feel it wasnt their fault slaves were shipped from Liverpool and Bristol nor is it their fault certain people want an easier life and want to do whatever it suits them and if it goes wrong--blame someone.

You have also hit some of the reasons for the higher levels of Covid19 in these communities- multi generational families in the same house, older people with limited understanding of English in already deprived areas.

No that's not really racist-it's more a statement of why individuals are and have the views they hold. There is also a misreading that wanting equality means we have to have a 'right on' society driven by multiculturalism. Sadly the ghettos of northern towns where areas are predominantly of south asian origin actually act against this. It can happen-the old black and Chinese populations of Liverpool contribute to the city's culture. Always a bit taken aback by Scouse Chinese accents.

You know my views on Israel-did not like it but not because Israelis are terrible, but because moderation on both Israeli and Palestinians sides gets overwhelmed by the extremes.

Meet many people-politics rarely define
New board on 18:34 - Jul 27 with 1280 viewschad

Some v.important points from 1hun and prof there imho.
New board on 18:38 - Jul 27 with 1275 viewsCatullus

New board on 18:19 - Jul 27 by Humpty

Personally I don't judge individual people on the actions their government may or may not take, no matter what countries they come from.

Well you're right, judge people by their actions. Which is why 1800 or so Germans and around 5000 Japanese ended up on trial for war crimes. Many, many others got away with it, those not caught by the Nazi hunters and whisked back to Israel anyway. Wiesenthal claimed to have caught over 1000 more Nazi's accused of war crimes.
I reckon it's different if you lived through it. I don't hate Germany, Italy or Japan but my Grandad probably had different views, not that he talked about it but he served in Europe and the far East as a Royal Marine Commando.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New board on 18:39 - Jul 27 with 1274 viewsHumpty

New board on 18:25 - Jul 27 by chad

Are you talking about the inspiration for the Trust’s first consultation exercise and recommend deal, as I am sure that would be insulting to Judge Rinder 🤷‍♂️

I like Prof but the fact that he calls himself that in a football forum makes me smile. In fact I teased him about that when I was very disappointed in him using the racist term Gammon. Others use it and bless them they know no better, but I thought Prof better than that. It did not show great balance tbh.

Prof himself has dismissed the views of an actual virologist from another uni. So he does not think the view of qualified pros are sacrosanct. A healthy view imho.

But unless you are a fat egg about to fall off the wall, I should not guess at the knowledge and capabilities of the anonymous by their names on a football forum if I were you.

You have not always got things right yourself, have you Hump. Does that mean you usually tell lies?

Judge Rinder was mentioned when a poster claimed he understsood fraud cases because he watches a lot of daytime TV.

Gammon is not a racist term. It's a description of someone's attitude, not race. As you well know.

Of course I've got things wrong. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you admit it IMO. Though some views are so stupid that they are worthy of ridicule. Being wrong does not mean the same thing as lying of course.
New board on 18:40 - Jul 27 with 1275 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New board on 18:19 - Jul 27 by Humpty

But it is not "individual" people they are national traits or government actions.
Obviously Chinese who left China years ago probably do not have the same traits as those still there.
New board on 18:45 - Jul 27 with 1261 viewsNeath_Jack

I got to page 3 and stopped reading.

Can those of you grizzling about ex-posters, knock it on the head or else this forum is going to go back to the dogs. Forget it, your foes have gone. If you're missing them, go over there and argue with them, instead of having a pop behind their backs.

Let it go.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

New board on 18:46 - Jul 27 with 1256 viewsJackfath

New board on 18:45 - Jul 27 by Neath_Jack

I got to page 3 and stopped reading.

Can those of you grizzling about ex-posters, knock it on the head or else this forum is going to go back to the dogs. Forget it, your foes have gone. If you're missing them, go over there and argue with them, instead of having a pop behind their backs.

Let it go.

That's what I said.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

New board on 18:46 - Jul 27 with 1256 viewsCatullus

New board on 18:40 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

But it is not "individual" people they are national traits or government actions.
Obviously Chinese who left China years ago probably do not have the same traits as those still there.

National traits? Hmmm, I reckon that's a bit of a dodgy idea. The germans hated Jews because they were either duped into it or were too scared to stand against it. Of course thousands of Germans did try to help Jewish people out and many of them got a bullet for their efforts too. People's courts the Nazi's called them, I'd say Kangaroo court was more apt,

https://www.history.com/news/meet-the-youngest-person-executed-for-defying-the-n

Anyway, it's off topic now. Sorry.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New board on 18:47 - Jul 27 with 1253 viewsHighjack

New board on 18:25 - Jul 27 by chad

Why did Humpty push his girlfriend off a wall?

So he could see her crack.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New board on 18:49 - Jul 27 with 1247 viewsonehunglow

Neath.No it wont.
Evidence for me on here that this site is free of hatred.

And yep,I d say the Welsh are ones for gossiping,as they are for singing ,poetry and wearing funny white suits and gowns

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New board on 18:51 - Jul 27 with 1241 viewsNeath_Jack

New board on 18:49 - Jul 27 by onehunglow

Neath.No it wont.
Evidence for me on here that this site is free of hatred.

And yep,I d say the Welsh are ones for gossiping,as they are for singing ,poetry and wearing funny white suits and gowns

You carry on then, but remember someone has tried to warn you of what will happen. If you open your eyes, you will see those you speak of are still on here and it won't take much for them to attack you again.

Up to you, I don't particularly care to be honest.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

New board on 18:53 - Jul 27 with 1237 viewsonehunglow

Really.
Thanks for that.
Moving on ...

New board on 18:53 - Jul 27 with 1238 viewsProfessor

New board on 18:40 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

That I agree with in terms of China v Chinese. Could not get on with being in Beijing for work-in many ways no more culturally different than going to Bangkok, put poles apart in terms of how government has exerted its control and cultural mores.
New board on 18:54 - Jul 27 with 1237 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New board on 18:39 - Jul 27 by Humpty

Judge Rinder was mentioned when a poster claimed he understsood fraud cases because he watches a lot of daytime TV.

Gammon is not a racist term. It's a description of someone's attitude, not race. As you well know.

Of course I've got things wrong. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you admit it IMO. Though some views are so stupid that they are worthy of ridicule. Being wrong does not mean the same thing as lying of course.

The judge Rinder was a reference to me.
Although I have seen Judge Rinder and his US forerunner Judge Judy it had nothing to do with my understanding of the law from daytime TV.
They were Council Cases brought against landlords, Police cases brought against hardened criminals by the Serious Crimes Squad and Government cases against various types of Fraudsters.
The programs followed those cases and the data included the lengths they had to got to, to make their cases for for siezure of their spoils.

As to calling people Gammon, it is just a continuation of childish playground name calling, but more insulting and has no place in debate.
It completely lowers the tone of discussion, but then that is the intent, bringing others down to their level.
New board on 18:58 - Jul 27 with 1220 viewsonehunglow

That Gammon is now a perjorative term show how far I am behind.
Gammon is best smoked and thick and served with a pineapple

New board on 18:59 - Jul 27 with 1219 viewsProfessor

New board on 18:53 - Jul 27 by Professor

That I agree with in terms of China v Chinese. Could not get on with being in Beijing for work-in many ways no more culturally different than going to Bangkok, put poles apart in terms of how government has exerted its control and cultural mores.

To clarify-Most Chinese people I have met are great, some not same as everyone else. But the culture in China it really was odd- Asking questions about the science and facilities we were shown were met with horror. Everything was as on the tin, No question allowed. Some great science coming from China, but some really ropey stuff too and some dubious practices ethically and morally driven by the state
New board on 19:00 - Jul 27 with 1215 viewsProfessor

New board on 18:58 - Jul 27 by onehunglow

That Gammon is now a perjorative term show how far I am behind.
Gammon is best smoked and thick and served with a pineapple

No you xxxxxx xxxxx has to be egg!
New board on 19:00 - Jul 27 with 1215 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well I plan on using whichever forum I want to use whenever I want to use it.

Poll: Tory leader

New board on 19:02 - Jul 27 with 1214 viewsJackfath

New board on 19:00 - Jul 27 by exiledclaseboy

Well I plan on using whichever forum I want to use whenever I want to use it.

What a novel idea.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

New board on 19:07 - Jul 27 with 1205 viewsonehunglow

A hand sliced Gammon steak from a Provision counter served with fresh pineaplle can be accompanied by a running egg with hand carved chips .Bon viveur you

New board on 20:31 - Jul 27 with 1158 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New board on 19:07 - Jul 27 by onehunglow

A hand sliced Gammon steak from a Provision counter served with fresh pineaplle can be accompanied by a running egg with hand carved chips .Bon viveur you

Yes very tasty.
New board on 21:05 - Jul 27 with 1129 viewsBigPhilG

I’ve had a quick glance the other day and it came across as a haven for left wing remoaner types, the ones who scream racist at anyone who doesn’t agree with their sad little opinions so it won’t be for me.
New board on 21:50 - Jul 27 with 1093 viewsFlashberryjack

New board on 18:54 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

The judge Rinder was a reference to me.
Although I have seen Judge Rinder and his US forerunner Judge Judy it had nothing to do with my understanding of the law from daytime TV.
They were Council Cases brought against landlords, Police cases brought against hardened criminals by the Serious Crimes Squad and Government cases against various types of Fraudsters.
The programs followed those cases and the data included the lengths they had to got to, to make their cases for for siezure of their spoils.

As to calling people Gammon, it is just a continuation of childish playground name calling, but more insulting and has no place in debate.
It completely lowers the tone of discussion, but then that is the intent, bringing others down to their level.

"Gammon" I find it funny how those that use that derogatory term, are the very same that protest the most if someone uses a derogatory term on others they approve of.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024