Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we manage the unthinkable... 10:43 - Jul 23 with 4409 viewsJackinexile1

How you think we'll prepare, bringing in players-wise?
If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:04 - Jul 23 with 3321 viewsjack_lord

I'm still not sure when the new season starts but sounds like it will be about 4 weeks after the play off final. If we managed the unthinkable it would be chaotic for our manger to organise a squad capable of competing with our squad members being out of contract or returning to the parent clubs.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:09 - Jul 23 with 3317 viewsaberhugh

A very simple conversation will take place:
Coops: I want to talk about team investment next year please Jason.
Jase: Sign up Routs, Kyle and VDH. Use your contacts to get loan players in ( nothing too flash), don't forget Nathan he has a Prem medal you know. Oh by the way push through the Rodon sale and check on Bony. Also ask Curt to be on standby for just before Xmas.
Coops: Thanks boss great to have such a productive meeting. Cheers!!
If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:22 - Jul 23 with 3303 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:09 - Jul 23 by aberhugh

Jase: Sign up Routs, Kyle and VDH. Use your contacts to get loan players in ( nothing too flash), don't forget Nathan he has a Prem medal you know. Oh by the way push through the Rodon sale and check on Bony. Also ask Curt to be on standby for just before Xmas.

Long term financial planning is key here. We need to keep all the loan players firstly. Secondly we need to be looking at buying a proper CDM - if Ayew Is sold we should have at least money to buy a comabative and skillfull midfield anchor.

People aren’t going to like this but if we keep costs low and get relegated we would be in a massively powerful financial footing back in the championship, enough to get us back up and start building a side to stay up.

It’s a pity we can’t get reeves to scout for us again. He didn’t do badly for us.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If we manage the unthinkable... on 13:25 - Jul 23 with 3247 viewsVincent_Vega

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:09 - Jul 23 by aberhugh

yep that's pretty much how I see it.

In all honesty we'll probably keep the same squad, level the finances and take a pasting in the prem and go again once relegated hopefully in a better position than now

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

If we manage the unthinkable... on 13:36 - Jul 23 with 3231 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If we manage the unthinkable... on 13:25 - Jul 23 by Vincent_Vega

yep that's pretty much how I see it.

In all honesty we'll probably keep the same squad, level the finances and take a pasting in the prem and go again once relegated hopefully in a better position than now

We’d be hugely better off financially and an attractive proposition- for the right buyer.

If we manage the unthinkable... on 13:39 - Jul 23 with 3229 viewsjack_lord

If we manage the unthinkable... on 13:36 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

We’d be hugely better off financially and an attractive proposition- for the right buyer.

Agree though it could be agonising. Fingers crossed that we manage the unthinkable and at least it is still on.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

If we manage the unthinkable... on 13:42 - Jul 23 with 3220 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If we manage the unthinkable... on 13:39 - Jul 23 by jack_lord

Agree though it could be agonising. Fingers crossed that we manage the unthinkable and at least it is still on.

Indeed. But long term financial sustainability has to be the aim. With a focus on proper youth development and unearthing gems, like we used to do.

If we manage the unthinkable... on 10:28 - Jul 24 with 2958 viewsCatullus

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:22 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Long term financial planning is key here. We need to keep all the loan players firstly. Secondly we need to be looking at buying a proper CDM - if Ayew Is sold we should have at least money to buy a comabative and skillfull midfield anchor.

People aren’t going to like this but if we keep costs low and get relegated we would be in a massively powerful financial footing back in the championship, enough to get us back up and start building a side to stay up.

It’s a pity we can’t get reeves to scout for us again. He didn’t do badly for us.

I mostly agree though I suspect Ayew would stay, we could afford his wages at least!

The recruitment would be on the same rules as now I reckon. It'd be young players all the way and a few loan signings.
I totally agree the oners would be happy to get relegated straight away and take the money for 2 more years. We'd be financially stable with a youngish team and with Cooper still in charge we'd still be an attractive place for young players to come, they'd get their chance here.

We could do worse than try to keep Guehi too, he looks strong. I wouldn't have minded seeing a back 3 of Rodon, Cabango and Guehi a few times, based on how we've performed since Coops was forced to change our formation.

All the injuries seemed like a bad thing but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise I guess.

I don't think we'll go up. Brentford have stuttered recently but will they completely implode or go again? They're a very good attacking team on their day. Mind you, I wasn't overly impressed with Fulham or Cardiff, I was more disappointed with us than impressed by them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

If we manage the unthinkable... on 11:07 - Jul 24 with 2942 viewssainthelens

If we manage the unthinkable... on 10:28 - Jul 24 by Catullus

I mostly agree though I suspect Ayew would stay, we could afford his wages at least!

The recruitment would be on the same rules as now I reckon. It'd be young players all the way and a few loan signings.
I totally agree the oners would be happy to get relegated straight away and take the money for 2 more years. We'd be financially stable with a youngish team and with Cooper still in charge we'd still be an attractive place for young players to come, they'd get their chance here.

We could do worse than try to keep Guehi too, he looks strong. I wouldn't have minded seeing a back 3 of Rodon, Cabango and Guehi a few times, based on how we've performed since Coops was forced to change our formation.

All the injuries seemed like a bad thing but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise I guess.

I don't think we'll go up. Brentford have stuttered recently but will they completely implode or go again? They're a very good attacking team on their day. Mind you, I wasn't overly impressed with Fulham or Cardiff, I was more disappointed with us than impressed by them.

Excellent post...but....if the unlikely does happen and we make it, isn't it possible the owners would have had the most severe wake up call in getting relegated before, therefore making us a far more saleable asset in staying up? So the thought of actually investing wouldn't be beyond them. Perhaps when they took over complacency plus Huw persuaded them that we wouldn't go down?
Or is all of the above wishful thinking?
If we manage the unthinkable... on 11:51 - Jul 24 with 2922 viewshobo

Will be a lot of loans I imagine

Ayew would stay
VdH would stay

I don't think it would be the worst move to decide not to splash the cash. If we go down we'll be in a pretty strong position enabling us to build an even stronger foundation
If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:01 - Jul 24 with 2914 viewsPrivate_Partz

Some interesting comments and it is going to be a tough one for sure.
The Yanks will have no interest in putting any money in and would probably be more interested in selling and / or recouping so more of their losses.
Our scouting will be vital.
I also notice terms such as 'unthinkable' when referring to going up.
This was certainly the case for the last month or so but that has changed.
At worst we have a 25% chance of going up. On the plus side we have momentum with us. Players are coming into form. We have stumbled upon a new system which is working and we are an excellent away side.
Get a result at home to Brentford and I think our odds of success would be much higher.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:19 - Jul 24 with 2902 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If we manage the unthinkable... on 11:51 - Jul 24 by hobo

Will be a lot of loans I imagine

Ayew would stay
VdH would stay

I don't think it would be the worst move to decide not to splash the cash. If we go down we'll be in a pretty strong position enabling us to build an even stronger foundation

There again if we can keep most of the youngsters together (I think Brewster won’t be allowed - but if Klopp put a clause in the deal to say no cup ties and not being allowed to face Liverpool then why not?).

He’d grow massively and will be much closer to the finished article.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 12:19]

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:21 - Jul 24 with 2894 viewsKGriz16

If we manage the unthinkable... on 11:07 - Jul 24 by sainthelens

Excellent post...but....if the unlikely does happen and we make it, isn't it possible the owners would have had the most severe wake up call in getting relegated before, therefore making us a far more saleable asset in staying up? So the thought of actually investing wouldn't be beyond them. Perhaps when they took over complacency plus Huw persuaded them that we wouldn't go down?
Or is all of the above wishful thinking?

Good thoughts on the matter. We'd be sold to the highest bidder, and more than likely, first bidder. I doubt they'd invest though, but isn't the playoff's like a £100m game. Very helpful for us, I can imagine Birch would get to work on selling us straight away. Fingers crossed.
If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:22 - Jul 24 with 2894 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:01 - Jul 24 by Private_Partz

Some interesting comments and it is going to be a tough one for sure.
The Yanks will have no interest in putting any money in and would probably be more interested in selling and / or recouping so more of their losses.
Our scouting will be vital.
I also notice terms such as 'unthinkable' when referring to going up.
This was certainly the case for the last month or so but that has changed.
At worst we have a 25% chance of going up. On the plus side we have momentum with us. Players are coming into form. We have stumbled upon a new system which is working and we are an excellent away side.
Get a result at home to Brentford and I think our odds of success would be much higher.

Spending between 10 -15 million on a great CDM on realistic wages (so probably a foreign player) would be a massive boost. Especially if he’s quite an experienced player.

We need a clinically accurate passing pact tackling midfielder to make the most of our younger players talents.

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:24 - Jul 24 with 2891 viewsKGriz16

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:22 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Spending between 10 -15 million on a great CDM on realistic wages (so probably a foreign player) would be a massive boost. Especially if he’s quite an experienced player.

We need a clinically accurate passing pact tackling midfielder to make the most of our younger players talents.

Grimes? Or someone to partner Grimes. He's our CDM?
If we manage the unthinkable... on 13:23 - Jul 24 with 2838 viewsbritferry

Swansea v Cardiff @ Wembley with no trouble, quite unthinkable

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

If we manage the unthinkable... on 14:35 - Jul 24 with 2808 viewsCatullus

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:21 - Jul 24 by KGriz16

Good thoughts on the matter. We'd be sold to the highest bidder, and more than likely, first bidder. I doubt they'd invest though, but isn't the playoff's like a £100m game. Very helpful for us, I can imagine Birch would get to work on selling us straight away. Fingers crossed.

It's only worth 100 million if you go up because the team that finishes bottom of the EPL gets 100 million!
In all honesty how much could they sell us for unless they splashed some cash and we stayed up? I think any potential new owner might want us to at least look capable of staying up.
Personally, the thought of us going up and having distinctly average players demanding 50k before even considering us is quite disturbing, been there, done that and like many other relegated teams look at the problems it caused us.

I think I'd prefer to do a Cardiff, not splash out and know we'd still be viable whatever happened. Saying that though, how is their argument over Sala going? Not heard anything recently.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If we manage the unthinkable... on 16:33 - Jul 24 with 2741 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:24 - Jul 24 by KGriz16

Grimes? Or someone to partner Grimes. He's our CDM?

It’s not his natural position and besides him there’s no other player here already that is suitable. If we go down that player would be a huge asset in getting back up.

If we manage the unthinkable... on 17:12 - Jul 24 with 2722 viewsNeath_Jack

If we go up, the owners will be looking to offload us straight away.

It's the only way they will get anywhere near what they originally paid for us. They may never get that chance again.

If there are no takers, maybe they will spend a few bob, without going mad, to try and keep us there for another year. But their number one aim will be to sell as quickly as possible. I'd imagine we'd go with pretty much the squad we have now, minus Joe.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

If we manage the unthinkable... on 17:35 - Jul 24 with 2708 viewsmonmouth

If we manage the unthinkable... on 12:22 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa?

On a practical point do ST holders get the play off matches on swans player?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If we manage the unthinkable... on 17:40 - Jul 24 with 2701 viewsNeath_Jack

If we manage the unthinkable... on 17:35 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Roque Mesa?

On a practical point do ST holders get the play off matches on swans player?

No, skysports hold the broadcasting rights.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

If we manage the unthinkable... on 17:49 - Jul 24 with 2686 viewsmonmouth

If we manage the unthinkable... on 17:40 - Jul 24 by Neath_Jack

No, skysports hold the broadcasting rights.

Ta. Dodgy stream it is then.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If we manage the unthinkable... on 19:16 - Jul 24 with 2630 viewsJBT95

There's a limit of 2 loans at a time.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747#:~:text=They%20are%3A,club%20at%20any%
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 19:17]
If we manage the unthinkable... on 19:26 - Jul 24 with 2623 viewsKilkennyjack

Go get James, Ollie, Dai Brookes, harry wilson and ampadu.
And Bale.

Perfect. Plus Siggy.

Keep Cabango, Rodon.

Back to the future.

Beware of the Risen People

If we manage the unthinkable... on 19:51 - Jul 24 with 2595 viewsswan65split

Cant see the yanks spending much if it happens, probably blame the pandemic etc, so it will be get what we can on the cheap, so it will be prey every game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024