Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund 14:22 - Jul 27 with 1856 viewsKerouac

Bundesbank president Jens Weidmann has this to say;

"I generally consider collective debt for extensive transfers to be alarming,"
“At the very least, the package shouldn't serve as a stepping stone for large-scale EU debt for regular household financing."
“It is important that relief measures are limited."
“Then they automatically expire in the further course and the public finances stabilise again."
“They may be necessary now, but the state should withdraw quickly after the crisis."
“The state is not a better entrepreneur.”

Yannis Varoufakis says that the bail out fund is too tiny (once split up between 27 nations) to actually fix the problem.

It is estimated that the UK is £55bn better off as a result of not being one of the contributors to this fund.
Do any posters wish that we could have taken part?
Why would it have been advantageous to the UK to have been a part of this deal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 14:30 - Jul 27 with 1494 viewsBadlands

£55 billion os a gross exaggeration made up by right wing agitators.
That assumes we would get nothing back and the slower return to near normality to the general economy have no impact.
Seeing the rabid quitters quoting (partially) the president of the Bundersbank is hilarious.
So far the decision to leave the EU has cost the UK c £100billion a year and in return we have ... Tim Tams and a deal with Lichtenstein.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 14:32 - Jul 27 with 1500 viewsHighjack

They can do what they want. Nothing to do with us anymore thankfully.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 14:39 - Jul 27 with 1495 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I raised the same point on the lockdown thread.
EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 14:43 - Jul 27 with 1486 viewsonehunglow

Great posting K.

Keep it up

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 14:44 - Jul 27 with 1489 viewsA_Fans_Dad

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 14:30 - Jul 27 by Badlands

That assumes we would get nothing back and the slower return to near normality to the general economy have no impact.
Seeing the rabid quitters quoting (partially) the president of the Bundersbank is hilarious.
So far the decision to leave the EU has cost the UK c £100billion a year and in return we have ... Tim Tams and a deal with Lichtenstein.

Please provide a detail breakdown of you "£100M a year" losses, so that we can all be educated.
As to the £55B, what do your think our contribution would have been to the £677billion coronavirus rescue deal, considering our previous percentage contributions to the EU Budget?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 16:00]
EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 15:35 - Jul 27 with 1460 viewsKerouac

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 14:30 - Jul 27 by Badlands

Germany's chief central banker disagrees with the premise of the 'Corona Virus' bail out fund...
The EU now has the power to set taxes for citizens of nation states who were never asked whether they permitted an organisation outside of their government to be granted those powers...

What is not relevant and what is so hilarious?

If we had not voted out of the EU we (that's you and me and every other poster on here) would be paying not just for our own country's Corona Virus bill, but for France, Italy and Spain etc. as well.
Do you think we can afford that?

As 'A_Fans_Dad' asked. Where does the £100bn a year figure come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 16:09 - Jul 27 with 1438 viewspikeypaul

Thank god we are out.

And even now when all’s been laid bare we see remoaner losers still want to hand them billions.

Bad week for the losers, what with all that Russian influence proven to be totally unfounded BS and totally made up with absolutely zero evidence by the anti democracy remoaners.

Thank god Bojo and Sir Dominic got Brexit done.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 16:30]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 16:39 - Jul 27 with 1414 viewsOptimisticJack

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 16:09 - Jul 27 by pikeypaul

Thank god we are out.

And even now when all’s been laid bare we see remoaner losers still want to hand them billions.

Bad week for the losers, what with all that Russian influence proven to be totally unfounded BS and totally made up with absolutely zero evidence by the anti democracy remoaners.

OUT

AFLI

As time progresses the more I think we dodged a bullet voting for Brexit.
EU and the Euro in decline.

Optimisticjack

Login to get fewer ads

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 17:06 - Jul 27 with 1395 viewsonehunglow

Pikey.

Good to engage with you again.

I voted to remain but accept we move on.

I just wish others would accept the plebiscite.

[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 9:13]

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 17:26 - Jul 27 with 1381 viewsNortbankboy

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 16:09 - Jul 27 by pikeypaul

Thank god we are out.

OUT

AFLI

Good job Boris is as good as word and is putting
£350 million a week in the NHS..
EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 17:39 - Jul 27 with 1374 viewsonehunglow

The NHS is a political edifice that is used for political ends.We 've even seen doctors making politically motivated comments .
There will never be enough money to put into the NHS,

The wastage is appalling ,staggering and no government have fully addressed this

We need to charge pissheads,druggies and the dross that assault A@E staff every night of the week.

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 17:42 - Jul 27 with 1376 viewsA_Fans_Dad

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 17:26 - Jul 27 by Nortbankboy

Well, when the UK is actually out of the EU he may be able to.
But in the mean time they have spent over £15bn on the NHS during the COVID-19 pandemic, I will leave you to work out how much that is each week.
EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 17:47 - Jul 27 with 1372 viewsA_Fans_Dad

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 17:39 - Jul 27 by onehunglow

The NHS is a political edifice that is used for political ends.We 've even seen doctors making politically motivated comments .
There will never be enough money to put into the NHS,

The wastage is appalling ,staggering and no government have fully addressed this

We need to charge pissheads,druggies and the dross that assault A@E staff every night of the week.

Wow, someone on my wave length on charging wasters, you forgot the medical tourists who hardly ever pay for their health service when here.
There should also be a requirement for medical insurance for those who partake of outrageous sports/pastimes that take really unesessary risks to life & limb.
Having many different trusts immediately increases management costs massively at the detriment of the front line.
EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 18:11 - Jul 27 with 1356 viewsonehunglow

You must bear in mind when I was a Plod,when I wasnt beating up miners/gays I was stationed -doing overtime,at Arrowe Park hospital with no duty other than to assist the staff as the "poor/deprived from the sink estates popped up,fighting in the ambo,slaughtering the reception staff and vomitting over kids having fallen off their bikes earlier.

I actually asked one cretin why and his replied honestly "it s a uniform mate .Have a sis in law who was /is a nurse and shoving a needle in painfully or allowing a "pised up patient to suffer a little is little more than a straight forward dismissal job.

I d also charge for unnecessary ambulance journeys.

We accept anyone for treatment.

Try that in downtown Tucson

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 18:26 - Jul 27 with 1352 viewsCatullus

Our percentage of the EU budget in 2019 was 11.88%, if that was how they worked out the bailout our share would have been over 80 billion. If everyon had to pay an equal share it's about 25 billion. The poor countries probably account for very little of it which is why the frugal four were so against it. Germany being against it saw Merkel cop some flak for it, it was suggested if she failed to get it through their parliament it could even trigger an early election.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15093480

This bailout causes as many problems as it fixes, maybe more. Italy is already seeing bigger problems than expected, some media have called it a crisis. The anti EU iIalian politicians were vocal about it,

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-italy-esm/update-1-eu-bailout

Some remainers always dismissed or ignored suggestions that the EU had problems and it was on a slippery slope. Time will tell.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 18:28 - Jul 27 with 1348 viewsNortbankboy

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 17:42 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

Well, when the UK is actually out of the EU he may be able to.
But in the mean time they have spent over £15bn on the NHS during the COVID-19 pandemic, I will leave you to work out how much that is each week.

Never mind it will off the it hands now.
When they sell out to the yanks to get a trade deal!
America's dupe
EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 18:57 - Jul 27 with 1334 viewsA_Fans_Dad

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 18:28 - Jul 27 by Nortbankboy

America's dupe

You are totally clueless and brainwashed.
It is pointless discussing it with you.
EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 22:32 - Jul 27 with 1299 viewsfelixstowe_jack

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 17:26 - Jul 27 by Nortbankboy

He is putting far more than that into the NHS at the moment.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 22:36 - Jul 27 with 1295 viewsfelixstowe_jack

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 18:28 - Jul 27 by Nortbankboy

America's dupe

Why would any American company want to buy the NHS which is a bottomless money pit.

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 23:06 - Jul 27 with 1279 viewspikeypaul

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 18:57 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

You are totally clueless and brainwashed.
It is pointless discussing it with you.

100%, he’s the type that would have believed the groundless , fabricated accusations that the Russians got Brexit done and it was nothing to do with the will of the Great British publics Democratic wish.
Still a lot of remoaners who have not apologised for that slander.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 12:26 - Jul 28 with 1223 viewsNeathJack

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 23:06 - Jul 27 by pikeypaul

100%, he’s the type that would have believed the groundless , fabricated accusations that the Russians got Brexit done and it was nothing to do with the will of the Great British publics Democratic wish.
Still a lot of remoaners who have not apologised for that slander.

OUT

AFLI

Hold up a second.

Am I missing something here but didn't the Russia report specifically castigate the government for making a point of not investigating to see if and how Russia has influenced such things as the Brexit referendum, rather than stating anything about "groundless, fabricated accusations"?
EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 12:59 - Jul 28 with 1212 viewsCatullus

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 12:26 - Jul 28 by NeathJack

Hold up a second.

Am I missing something here but didn't the Russia report specifically castigate the government for making a point of not investigating to see if and how Russia has influenced such things as the Brexit referendum, rather than stating anything about "groundless, fabricated accusations"?

Not investigating was wrong but still, if there is no evidence, no proof then any accusations are groundless.
If it was a government cover up then any evidence they know about is well buried.

I could accuse the USA of interfering in Brexit but there is Obama's statement which is a direct attempt to influence the outcome at the behest of our PM. Maybe we should judt think of the Russians and the USA as the ying and the yang of the argument. We cannot prove many things but still we believe them.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 13:01 - Jul 28 with 1211 viewsCatullus

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 22:36 - Jul 27 by felixstowe_jack

Why would any American company want to buy the NHS which is a bottomless money pit.

It's a bottomless pit for public money which makes it a massive profit maker it we had to pay for our treatment. It'd be worth many billions to USA health providers if they could get their sticky fingers into it.

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 23:04 - Aug 3 with 1092 viewspikeypaul

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 12:26 - Jul 28 by NeathJack

Hold up a second.

Yes your missing the fact that all the accusations were groundless and made up by the remoaners.

Was the fact that the then president of the USA was trying to influence the result investigated ?

It’s strange but not surprising how the remoaners are happy and find it OK for the USA to try to influence the result which there is proof of, yet they cry foul with no evidence of Russia doing the same.

OUT

AFLI

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 08:35 - Aug 6 with 971 viewsfelixstowe_jack

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 13:01 - Jul 28 by Catullus

It's a bottomless pit for public money which makes it a massive profit maker it we had to pay for our treatment. It'd be worth many billions to USA health providers if they could get their sticky fingers into it.

Who is going to pay for treatment when they get it for free? When the NHS was set up it was designed as a safety net for those who could not afford medical insurance or pay for treatment. Very soon the people who were paying for treatment or insurance just stopped paying when they realised they could get it free.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024