Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Trust members 10:39 - Jul 28 with 14079 viewsswancity

care to provide an update regarding the (potential) case against Jenkins etc ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Any Trust members on 11:03 - Jul 28 with 4608 viewsonehunglow

This is a good point.
Much was made,as I recall,about the Trust being basically the back stop for the club,given the previous conmen we've had at the helm and to protect the future.
I joined but didnt rejoin as I don't see its purpose now .It's basically,to me,a nonentity and it was negligent or passive in the hiatus of the sale.
Let's face it;only a few know what really went on.

Moving forward anyway

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Any Trust members on 12:08 - Jul 28 with 4578 viewshobo

They are hoping no-one mentions it so it just goes away

Much of the groundwork would have been done prior to the first vote, so the case should have been ready to go the minute the results of the 2nd vote were in. The fact it's taking so long, with seemingly no positive movement, tells you everything you need to know
Any Trust members on 13:04 - Jul 28 with 4546 viewsOptimisticJack

Any Trust members on 12:08 - Jul 28 by hobo

They are hoping no-one mentions it so it just goes away

Much of the groundwork would have been done prior to the first vote, so the case should have been ready to go the minute the results of the 2nd vote were in. The fact it's taking so long, with seemingly no positive movement, tells you everything you need to know

Agree. The whole thing stinks.

Optimisticjack

Any Trust members on 14:23 - Jul 28 with 4507 viewswaynekerr55

Whilst not privvy to all the detail, the lead solicitor has been ill and then covid struck. These things take longer than they should at the best of times. But yes, I agree we need this sorted one way or another

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Any Trust members on 14:29 - Jul 28 with 4506 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 14:23 - Jul 28 by waynekerr55

Whilst not privvy to all the detail, the lead solicitor has been ill and then covid struck. These things take longer than they should at the best of times. But yes, I agree we need this sorted one way or another

Covid did indeed strike but businesses continued. May be from home in most cases but that’s not a reason for any ( significant ) delays. Come on mun.

Any Trust members on 14:36 - Jul 28 with 4498 viewswaynekerr55

Any Trust members on 14:29 - Jul 28 by swancity

Covid did indeed strike but businesses continued. May be from home in most cases but that’s not a reason for any ( significant ) delays. Come on mun.

I'm sure I posted this back in the day, but a poxy freehold (with an absentee landlord) worth 20k took 3.5 years to solve.

The law is an arse!

Any Trust members on 14:56 - Jul 28 with 4491 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 14:36 - Jul 28 by waynekerr55

I'm sure I posted this back in the day, but a poxy freehold (with an absentee landlord) worth 20k took 3.5 years to solve.

The law is an arse!

No absent landlords here though 😀

Understand your point on legal delays but youre making excuses I’d say. The wheels certainly turn a lot slower if you’re not proactive and allow it to happen too ...

Any Trust members on 17:44 - Jul 28 with 4429 viewsCatullus

Any Trust members on 14:56 - Jul 28 by swancity

No absent landlords here though 😀

Understand your point on legal delays but youre making excuses I’d say. The wheels certainly turn a lot slower if you’re not proactive and allow it to happen too ...

The wheels can turn slowly no matter how proactive you are.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Any Trust members on 17:48 - Jul 28 with 4419 viewsNortbankboy

Any Trust members on 17:44 - Jul 28 by Catullus

Why don't we let sleeping dogs lie.
Look forward not back,we could open a whole can of worms
Here,and the club could suffer.
We're two games from the prem and people want to bring this up
Any Trust members on 19:29 - Jul 28 with 4386 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 17:44 - Jul 28 by Catullus

Agreed in many cases that’s of course true

It’d also true that things don’t get done unless you put people under pressure or give them instructions to initiate things ...

Any Trust members on 19:31 - Jul 28 with 4385 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 17:48 - Jul 28 by Nortbankboy

That is a view of course but to move on it needs to be addressed and dealt with. Then a line can be drawn under it.

Any Trust members on 19:37 - Jul 28 with 4377 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 19:31 - Jul 28 by swancity

That is a view of course but to move on it needs to be addressed and dealt with. Then a line can be drawn under it.

It could well be the new Trust Board might have different views than the old one and decide to keep the shares and not take legal action especially if the Swans go up.
Any Trust members on 19:39 - Jul 28 with 4370 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 19:37 - Jul 28 by exhmrc1

It could well be the new Trust Board might have different views than the old one and decide to keep the shares and not take legal action especially if the Swans go up.

I thought the members of the Trust had voted for the legal option though ?

Any Trust members on 19:43 - Jul 28 with 4367 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 19:39 - Jul 28 by swancity

I thought the members of the Trust had voted for the legal option though ?

wouldnt stop another vote
Any Trust members on 19:46 - Jul 28 with 4362 viewswaynekerr55

Any Trust members on 17:48 - Jul 28 by Nortbankboy

because jenkins and co deserve to be held to account if what the trust alleges is true. Similarly the trust should be accountable if their alternative story is true

Any Trust members on 19:47 - Jul 28 with 4365 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 19:43 - Jul 28 by exhmrc1

wouldnt stop another vote

May be. May be not.

I’m unsure. It needs to be dealt with though.

Any Trust members on 20:06 - Jul 28 with 4358 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 19:47 - Jul 28 by swancity

May be. May be not.

I’m unsure. It needs to be dealt with though.

Phil and ECB clearly were of the opinion action needs to be taken. We dont know the views of the new board and they will need time to come to their decision. There are still places to be filled. It very much appears the likes of Ux and Mcdonald are not as for selling shares as those 2. Only time will tell but it is best left to the board who are best placed to make a decision and in full possession of the facts. Nobody on here can do anything about it.
Any Trust members on 20:16 - Jul 28 with 4346 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 20:06 - Jul 28 by exhmrc1

Phil and ECB clearly were of the opinion action needs to be taken. We dont know the views of the new board and they will need time to come to their decision. There are still places to be filled. It very much appears the likes of Ux and Mcdonald are not as for selling shares as those 2. Only time will tell but it is best left to the board who are best placed to make a decision and in full possession of the facts. Nobody on here can do anything about it.

The whole thing from the start stinks of piss

Any Trust members on 20:17 - Jul 28 with 4343 viewsonehunglow

True enough extx.

I asked for details of the spat and a kind poster forwarded me them but now,due to my age,Ive forgotten all about it,so Im back to now wondering jusy what the living feck can be gained by a court case.I read the delay is because head legal chap is absent ,therefore the whole case is in the balance.

And this going on whilst we strive to get back to the Premier League.

I cannot for the life of me see why this is so important and Im praying it's not ego based.

move the feck on

Any Trust members on 20:29 - Jul 28 with 4338 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 20:17 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

True enough extx.

I asked for details of the spat and a kind poster forwarded me them but now,due to my age,Ive forgotten all about it,so Im back to now wondering jusy what the living feck can be gained by a court case.I read the delay is because head legal chap is absent ,therefore the whole case is in the balance.

And this going on whilst we strive to get back to the Premier League.

I cannot for the life of me see why this is so important and Im praying it's not ego based.

move the feck on

I can understand the reason for the action. £20 million invested would safeguard the club should anything go wrong in the future. However the new board may or may not have different views to the old one and must be left to come to its own conclusion. Certainly Ux was very much against a sale at one time and Mcdonald apparently is a big believer in keeping the trust as part of the club board so the new board might think differently without Phil and ECB. We dont know.
Any Trust members on 20:35 - Jul 28 with 4327 viewsonehunglow

Thanks
Invested where though.?

I'm full of misgivings about this and frankly trust no-one which seems perfectly understandable given the mistrust at Board level.

I'm not a huge fan of Cooper,Potter or Clement but they seemed to have done a remarkable job in the circumstances.

A club cannot move forward when the very ownership deal is in dispute. It is crazy.

It's a measure of where we are that a Trust was set up seemingly to "protect" the club -clearly the duplicity runs deep.

Indeed,we do not know.

Thanks

Any Trust members on 20:36 - Jul 28 with 4329 viewsexiledclaseboy

Any Trust members on 20:29 - Jul 28 by exhmrc1

I can understand the reason for the action. £20 million invested would safeguard the club should anything go wrong in the future. However the new board may or may not have different views to the old one and must be left to come to its own conclusion. Certainly Ux was very much against a sale at one time and Mcdonald apparently is a big believer in keeping the trust as part of the club board so the new board might think differently without Phil and ECB. We dont know.

It’ll certainly be interesting to see which direction the Trust moves in next when the new board forms. First order of business of course will be to elect itself a new chair.

Poll: Tory leader

Any Trust members on 20:38 - Jul 28 with 4324 viewsonehunglow

And 20 yrs ago your last sentence would have led to ridicule.

Any Trust members on 20:48 - Jul 28 with 4307 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 20:36 - Jul 28 by exiledclaseboy

It’ll certainly be interesting to see which direction the Trust moves in next when the new board forms. First order of business of course will be to elect itself a new chair.

Yes and that might largely dictate the direction the new board moves. They also need a new secretary and a couple of co-opted members and maybe some from the past might come back. Who knows.
Any Trust members on 20:52 - Jul 28 with 4303 viewsexiledclaseboy

Any Trust members on 20:48 - Jul 28 by exhmrc1

Yes and that might largely dictate the direction the new board moves. They also need a new secretary and a couple of co-opted members and maybe some from the past might come back. Who knows.

At least one from the past already has, or will from next week. Whoever the chair is has limited influence in setting direction to be honest. All decisions are taken by the board as a whole and that’s never straightforward.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024