Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Trust members 10:39 - Jul 28 with 14125 viewsswancity

care to provide an update regarding the (potential) case against Jenkins etc ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Any Trust members on 19:26 - Jul 30 with 2089 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 19:06 - Jul 30 by waynekerr55

kin el mun, this isn't Pikey's thread, AFD 😁

The key issue will be the make up of the new board and that hasnt been decided yet. It certainly looks on the face of it that the new board will include people shall we say less enthusiastic about taking legal action than the likes of Phil and ECB. Until the new board is formed nobody can make a judgement either way but Phil has certainly been the main person behind legal action and he wont be there now. As with any organisation a new broom sweeps clean. If the new board thinks things are wrong they have a right to try to get change. If the members dont back them they might resign and who will run the Trust then.
Any Trust members on 19:58 - Jul 30 with 2072 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 19:26 - Jul 30 by exhmrc1

The key issue will be the make up of the new board and that hasnt been decided yet. It certainly looks on the face of it that the new board will include people shall we say less enthusiastic about taking legal action than the likes of Phil and ECB. Until the new board is formed nobody can make a judgement either way but Phil has certainly been the main person behind legal action and he wont be there now. As with any organisation a new broom sweeps clean. If the new board thinks things are wrong they have a right to try to get change. If the members dont back them they might resign and who will run the Trust then.

I don’t think there’s much truth in any of that.

Any Trust members on 23:41 - Jul 30 with 2008 viewshobo

Any Trust members on 18:31 - Jul 30 by exhmrc1

I suspect from things that have been said that a number of people on the new trust board are not in favour of the legal action. Only time will tell but certainly Ux has previously suggested that of the old board. I remember him saying that people on the old board were looking at not selling shares. There are others who feel the same way. Phil has very much taken the lead on legal action and pressed for it. The new board might decide that isnt the right course of action. Only time will tell. One thing is certain though that only trust members can make that decision and those that arent will have take no part.

Dont know what you've been smoking but Phil has shown ZERO initiative for legal action since day one. Anyone would be an improvement
Any Trust members on 12:13 - Jul 31 with 1953 viewsUxbridge

Any Trust members on 18:31 - Jul 30 by exhmrc1

I suspect from things that have been said that a number of people on the new trust board are not in favour of the legal action. Only time will tell but certainly Ux has previously suggested that of the old board. I remember him saying that people on the old board were looking at not selling shares. There are others who feel the same way. Phil has very much taken the lead on legal action and pressed for it. The new board might decide that isnt the right course of action. Only time will tell. One thing is certain though that only trust members can make that decision and those that arent will have take no part.

This thread has made me break my New Year's resolution of not posting on here. Best I do though, just to clear up a couple of things.

The Trust board, like any committee, is always going to reflect a wide number of views. I don't know what the new board will think (even if 6 of the 8 are continuing), I don't know who will be in the officers positions etc, but it probably doesn't matter anyway for the following two reasons: a) the members have voted to proceed with legal action and b) at this moment in time, there's absolutely no reason to deviate from that course. That could change if something changed (e.g. an offer to settle was on the table) but there isn't so there isn't. If something changes, then I would expect that to be an issue for the membership anyway, just like it has been the last two times.

However, as you say, it is for such matters that the Board is elected, and everyone has the ability to stand. You'd have got in unopposed this year. There's still time to apply to be co-opted, and I'd urge anyone interested, even if simply on a single issue, to do so.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Any Trust members on 12:24 - Jul 31 with 1942 viewsUxbridge

Any Trust members on 23:57 - Jul 28 by chad

Does it matter which way the Board goes, as the decision was put to the members and has been made. It was clearly said the members would make the decision and we very conclusively did.

The Board is there to represent the members and the decision was that the members decide and the members very clearly decided.

The only reason there was a second vote is because there was no other option, as the new owners, were so sure of themselves that they even reneged on that shocking deal that put virtually all the power in their hands, including the ability to force us to sell our shares, to a buyer of their choosing, at a price and time of their choosing, whenever they decided to sell the club. And thank goodness they did renege.

I will be very concerned if Ux becomes Chair, given the way he pushed the deal in the first place and said he would be happy to align our future with the new owners when members repeatedly warned that they were not to be trusted. At least Phil was willing to own up to mistakes.

I for one do not think it appropriate that a Chair be elected who is willing to abuse and lie about members as he has done on here. I was previously going to raise a formal complaint but did not want to cause dissent when legal action was progressing. But it seems that is currently going nowhere.

As far a retaining the shares to retain a say in the club, that time has gone, we have no real say, the sellouts not only sold their shares but their residual voting rights, to guarantee the new owners virtually total control (undoubtedly a condition of sale), so we may effectively be just passed from owner to owner, our shares trapped and potentially effectively worthless, both in terms of power and monetary value.

Hey Spratty. I'll address you directly, as that's always the best way.

As I've previously stated, I'd welcome you to raise that complaint, and as I've said any member can raise a complaint about the conduct of any member as they wish.

Anyway, on reflection, I partly agree with you, this place doesn't bring out the best in people and I include myself in that. I cringe at some of the arguments I got into, even if more often than not I've usually replied in the manner someone has spoken to me. To anyone who thinks I've spoken out of turn to them, I apologise. It's not the place it was and I'm glad I made the decision to stop posting (a decision I shall be reimposing very swiftly). It's much better for my blood pressure.

If I could just make an observation, which I hope is taken in the spirit it is meant, these things work both ways. You can't complain about how you are treated if you treat people in such a way, or often worse. I'm not the only person on the Trust board you've taken personal aim at, and far from the only person on here you have too. As I say, it works both ways, and if you look back at some of your comments I suspect you will see they have been inappropriate. Or not, I don't know.

Who knows what the future will bring. Co-options are still open if you want to join the board and help progress the legal effort. Lord knows the Trust always needs as many passionate people as possible. In my experience it's a far more productive way of spending your time than complaining about things. It also gives you a much broader perspective, which I find is always a good thing.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Any Trust members on 15:42 - Jul 31 with 1894 viewswaynekerr55

Any Trust members on 23:41 - Jul 30 by hobo

Dont know what you've been smoking but Phil has shown ZERO initiative for legal action since day one. Anyone would be an improvement

Well that's not true, is it?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Any Trust members on 16:41 - Jul 31 with 1892 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 12:13 - Jul 31 by Uxbridge

This thread has made me break my New Year's resolution of not posting on here. Best I do though, just to clear up a couple of things.

The Trust board, like any committee, is always going to reflect a wide number of views. I don't know what the new board will think (even if 6 of the 8 are continuing), I don't know who will be in the officers positions etc, but it probably doesn't matter anyway for the following two reasons: a) the members have voted to proceed with legal action and b) at this moment in time, there's absolutely no reason to deviate from that course. That could change if something changed (e.g. an offer to settle was on the table) but there isn't so there isn't. If something changes, then I would expect that to be an issue for the membership anyway, just like it has been the last two times.

However, as you say, it is for such matters that the Board is elected, and everyone has the ability to stand. You'd have got in unopposed this year. There's still time to apply to be co-opted, and I'd urge anyone interested, even if simply on a single issue, to do so.

That’s encouraging

You seem to be confirming that the members wishes are going to be carried through to a conclusion ie legal action

Let’s hope that you can get on with it now ASAP

And best of luck with it. Hopefully this will also regenerate interest in the Trust from fans especially if you can make it clear via good publicity what’s being done

Any Trust members on 22:11 - Aug 2 with 1772 viewspikeypaul

Uxbridge,the guy that done everything he could to get the “no action” result first time around, I still wonder Why? 😂😂😂

The trust are and have been totally useless for the last 5 years. Sat on their hands and done nothing to protect the interests of the club and it’s fans, in fact went out of their way to do the exact opposite.

£21 million of the fans money put in their hands that is now worth sweet FA .

Well done you fecking mugs.

[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 10:11]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Any Trust members on 12:36 - Aug 3 with 1717 viewsOptimisticJack

Any Trust members on 12:24 - Jul 31 by Uxbridge

Hey Spratty. I'll address you directly, as that's always the best way.

As I've previously stated, I'd welcome you to raise that complaint, and as I've said any member can raise a complaint about the conduct of any member as they wish.

Anyway, on reflection, I partly agree with you, this place doesn't bring out the best in people and I include myself in that. I cringe at some of the arguments I got into, even if more often than not I've usually replied in the manner someone has spoken to me. To anyone who thinks I've spoken out of turn to them, I apologise. It's not the place it was and I'm glad I made the decision to stop posting (a decision I shall be reimposing very swiftly). It's much better for my blood pressure.

If I could just make an observation, which I hope is taken in the spirit it is meant, these things work both ways. You can't complain about how you are treated if you treat people in such a way, or often worse. I'm not the only person on the Trust board you've taken personal aim at, and far from the only person on here you have too. As I say, it works both ways, and if you look back at some of your comments I suspect you will see they have been inappropriate. Or not, I don't know.

Who knows what the future will bring. Co-options are still open if you want to join the board and help progress the legal effort. Lord knows the Trust always needs as many passionate people as possible. In my experience it's a far more productive way of spending your time than complaining about things. It also gives you a much broader perspective, which I find is always a good thing.

Ux as the old saying goes "You can't please everyone all of the time".
In the past you were just one of a few Trust members prepared to come on this board regularly address concerns and answer questions etc
This has often resulted in lengthy threads and considerable time on your part - and for that I thank you.
The Trust can be a thankless job for those who joined with the right reasons and principles.

Optimisticjack

Any Trust members on 13:50 - Aug 3 with 1688 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 12:36 - Aug 3 by OptimisticJack

Ux as the old saying goes "You can't please everyone all of the time".
In the past you were just one of a few Trust members prepared to come on this board regularly address concerns and answer questions etc
This has often resulted in lengthy threads and considerable time on your part - and for that I thank you.
The Trust can be a thankless job for those who joined with the right reasons and principles.

The lengthy threads and considerable time spent by Uxbridge was almost solely down to his laborious and repeated monotonous (failed) efforts to convince the membership of the Trust to vote against legal action

Thankfully he seems to have changed his tune and hopefully the members will get their wishes regardless of who is chairman of the Trust.

Any Trust members on 15:32 - Aug 3 with 1663 viewsOptimisticJack

Any Trust members on 13:50 - Aug 3 by swancity

The lengthy threads and considerable time spent by Uxbridge was almost solely down to his laborious and repeated monotonous (failed) efforts to convince the membership of the Trust to vote against legal action

Thankfully he seems to have changed his tune and hopefully the members will get their wishes regardless of who is chairman of the Trust.

Are we referring to the first or second vote?.
My memory is playing tricks as all this has gone on so long.
All I remember is prior to the initial vote - Phil Sumbler's lengthy report basically encouraging members to vote against legal action. The report heavily leaning to voting against legal action.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 15:34]

Optimisticjack

Any Trust members on 17:56 - Aug 3 with 1625 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 15:32 - Aug 3 by OptimisticJack

Are we referring to the first or second vote?.
My memory is playing tricks as all this has gone on so long.
All I remember is prior to the initial vote - Phil Sumbler's lengthy report basically encouraging members to vote against legal action. The report heavily leaning to voting against legal action.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 15:34]

I was referring to the most recent vote ie the 2nd one which was in favour of legal action

And the one that should now be followed through to a conclusion

Any Trust members on 20:43 - Aug 3 with 1593 viewspikeypaul

Also the 1st vote .

His relentless opposition to ANY and every argument for legal action 1st time around was very suspicious.

And now in hindsight hes been shown to be at best a naive mug taken in by the sellouts BS promises that prevented legal action, or at worst had other reasons to do everything he could to stop any legal action. And like we all know the delay and kicking the can down the road is exactly what the coonts want, knowing eventually people will have had enough.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Any Trust members on 15:21 - Aug 5 with 1496 viewsReslovenSwan1

Can anyone please explain to me the strategy of selling up the 21%. Lets assume a total victory in court. The current and past owners will be forced to buy the Trust shares at 2016 prices. This will cause them some distress as private investors. The sellers will then presumably sell the bought back shares to the US people at a 60% loss.
The Trust will only see about £12m for a £21m holding in 2016 after legal costs and tax. No private investor would go anywhere near them in the future. They understand this surely? The Trust will be orphaned. You cannot un orphan. With no interest in the club membership will plunge. It will be an effective ghost financial institution with assets accruing less than 1% in some local bank. This is terrible even for a total victory. A partial victory would be catastrophic. Zero holding but with £3 or £4m in the bank. Have I got this wrong? Explain to me the sunny uplands of legal action? How long does it envisge being in exile? 5 year 10 years?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 15:25]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Any Trust members on 09:55 - Aug 6 with 1445 viewsDr_Parnassus

Any Trust members on 15:21 - Aug 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Can anyone please explain to me the strategy of selling up the 21%. Lets assume a total victory in court. The current and past owners will be forced to buy the Trust shares at 2016 prices. This will cause them some distress as private investors. The sellers will then presumably sell the bought back shares to the US people at a 60% loss.
The Trust will only see about £12m for a £21m holding in 2016 after legal costs and tax. No private investor would go anywhere near them in the future. They understand this surely? The Trust will be orphaned. You cannot un orphan. With no interest in the club membership will plunge. It will be an effective ghost financial institution with assets accruing less than 1% in some local bank. This is terrible even for a total victory. A partial victory would be catastrophic. Zero holding but with £3 or £4m in the bank. Have I got this wrong? Explain to me the sunny uplands of legal action? How long does it envisge being in exile? 5 year 10 years?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 15:25]

The Trust have absolutely ruined our position by their complete lack of belligerence early on with a determined offensive to not take legal action and instead sign a horrific deal. They essentially ensured no legal action would be voted for.

Amazingly, we are lucky that the Americans pulled out and they got a second chance to do what many told them they should be doing all along. Unfortunately it's not going to look good that we have waited until things have gone sour on and off the field in order to do it (if they ever will).

However to answer your question. Although, I now think it unlikely the Trust will win - but if they do and the remedy is for the Americans to buy the shares at the old price, then holding onto it to form part of a consortium in the future (on more favorable and watertight terms) will be the best way forward.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Any Trust members on 10:11 - Aug 6 with 1441 viewsonehunglow

And for fans,like me,not forensic accountants,nor legal eagles,it is an abject shambles all round.
Why the need for the Trust? Apparently to "protect" the club .Hmm.

It is now an absolute distraction as to the future progress of our club and any manager coming in will have this sinister background hovering over him.

I am not one for legal action or anything that distracts the club from the business in hand on the field of play.

It has and does set fan against fan,if nothing else,the very last thing we want.

Consider the bile aimed at those who advocate or not the legal action, which ,as I read it ,is delayed because the lead Barrister is otherwise engaged. OK no more from me on those gentlefolk.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Any Trust members on 13:17 - Aug 6 with 1409 viewsBLAZE

Any Trust members on 10:11 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

And for fans,like me,not forensic accountants,nor legal eagles,it is an abject shambles all round.
Why the need for the Trust? Apparently to "protect" the club .Hmm.

It is now an absolute distraction as to the future progress of our club and any manager coming in will have this sinister background hovering over him.

I am not one for legal action or anything that distracts the club from the business in hand on the field of play.

It has and does set fan against fan,if nothing else,the very last thing we want.

Consider the bile aimed at those who advocate or not the legal action, which ,as I read it ,is delayed because the lead Barrister is otherwise engaged. OK no more from me on those gentlefolk.

Weren't you just about the only person in our entire fan base who wanted the sale to the Americans to go through? Didn't you lambast other fans for not sharing your ambition?

That went well.
Any Trust members on 13:54 - Aug 6 with 1391 viewsReslovenSwan1

After potentially dragging the old board of mostly local people through the courts I doubt very much the Trust will find dancing partners again even with cash in the bank.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Any Trust members on 14:04 - Aug 6 with 1388 viewsonehunglow

Hello again Blaze.
Back down memory land then for us.

To answer your question,yes I was in favour.Ok with you ?

I assumed the jenkins band of brothers would not have shite on their fellows and that Swansea people would have acted honourably.

But you saw it all along ,the subterfuge,lies and deceit. Is this what you get off on when insulting those,like me. Does it make you feel better? Well,does it Champ.?

The Trust was put into place to save the club from liars and thieves. Hasnt dont very well has it.

Happy?

Any Trust members on 14:23 - Aug 6 with 1367 viewswaynekerr55

Any Trust members on 13:54 - Aug 6 by ReslovenSwan1

After potentially dragging the old board of mostly local people through the courts I doubt very much the Trust will find dancing partners again even with cash in the bank.

Yeah, that'll be it.

So because these people are local they have the right to shaft the people who helped them get to where they were.

What an odd defence.

Any Trust members on 14:26 - Aug 6 with 1364 viewswaynekerr55

Any Trust members on 14:04 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Hello again Blaze.
Back down memory land then for us.

To answer your question,yes I was in favour.Ok with you ?

I assumed the jenkins band of brothers would not have shite on their fellows and that Swansea people would have acted honourably.

But you saw it all along ,the subterfuge,lies and deceit. Is this what you get off on when insulting those,like me. Does it make you feel better? Well,does it Champ.?

The Trust was put into place to save the club from liars and thieves. Hasnt dont very well has it.

Happy?

It hasn't done well as it appears Jenkins and co cut them off at the knees.

It needs to go to court so we can all see the truth.

Any Trust members on 14:29 - Aug 6 with 1363 viewsBLAZE

"The Trust was put into place to save the club from liars and thieves. Hasnt dont very well has it."

Yet when they were trying their best to block the sale to liars and thieves, you were haranguing them for holding us back and for getting in the way

You know, throw in the fact you invited JVZ to stay at your home and you're so chummy with Dineen on Twitter and it makes me wonder whose side you've been on all along 🤔
Any Trust members on 14:32 - Aug 6 with 1350 viewsonehunglow

Blaze.
Let me be Frank.

In fact ,to preserve privacy I will pm you right now as I do not wish this site to be the conduit for hate it used to be.

Any Trust members on 16:53 - Aug 6 with 1313 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 13:54 - Aug 6 by ReslovenSwan1

It’s arguably irrelevant that they’re “local” though.

Any Trust members on 17:24 - Aug 6 with 1293 viewsonehunglow

Wayne.
After the truth,then what?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024