Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
dereliction of duties 17:24 - Jul 28 with 994 viewsjack_lord

Would you consider it a dereliction of duties when you have a very responsible job and then travel to Spain knowing that you are now going to have to quarantine for two weeks when you return?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

dereliction of duties on 17:29 - Jul 28 with 988 viewsCatullus

If you're talking about Shapps, yes, he was stupid. Travelling abroad during this isn't the brightest choice but a government minister doing it?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

dereliction of duties on 17:48 - Jul 28 with 951 viewsjack_lord

dereliction of duties on 17:29 - Jul 28 by Catullus

If you're talking about Shapps, yes, he was stupid. Travelling abroad during this isn't the brightest choice but a government minister doing it?

A senior clinical nurse who has just travelled to Spain therefore, through choice, leaving the service without full medical cover in two weeks when she would have been back in work but now will have to quarantine. I'm flabbergasted to be fair.

dereliction of duties on 17:49 - Jul 28 with 951 viewsHighjack

It’s not dereliction of duty considering he was going to be off duty anyway. It’s just good old fashioned stupidity dashed with a pinch of tw*ttiness.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

dereliction of duties on 17:53 - Jul 28 with 945 viewsjack_lord

dereliction of duties on 17:49 - Jul 28 by Highjack

It’s not dereliction of duty considering he was going to be off duty anyway. It’s just good old fashioned stupidity dashed with a pinch of tw*ttiness.

but I'm not talking about him
that was stupidity though

dereliction of duties on 18:04 - Jul 28 with 938 viewsexhmrc1

If you know before going that you were going to have to quarantine on your return then I would class it as a dereliction of duty. If you dont know and have accepted the government's advice over air bridges then found out the policy had changed afterwards then it isnt a dereliction of duty.
dereliction of duties on 19:07 - Jul 28 with 900 viewsexiledclaseboy

dereliction of duties on 17:49 - Jul 28 by Highjack

Off duty? He may have been going on his holidays but you don’t really get to be off duty when you’re a Secretary of State.

Poll: Tory leader

dereliction of duties on 21:07 - Jul 28 with 858 viewsjack_lord

dereliction of duties on 18:04 - Jul 28 by exhmrc1

If you know before going that you were going to have to quarantine on your return then I would class it as a dereliction of duty. If you dont know and have accepted the government's advice over air bridges then found out the policy had changed afterwards then it isnt a dereliction of duty.

The person concerned flew out of the country last night. Therefore, knew that they would have to quarantine for two weeks but still decided to go. They also would have known that the FCO advice was non essential travel only.

dereliction of duties on 21:09 - Jul 28 with 851 viewsjack_lord

dereliction of duties on 19:07 - Jul 28 by exiledclaseboy

Off duty? He may have been going on his holidays but you don’t really get to be off duty when you’re a Secretary of State.

Only the Prime Minister gets to be "off duty" these days.

Login to get fewer ads

dereliction of duties on 21:28 - Jul 28 with 836 viewsexhmrc1

dereliction of duties on 21:07 - Jul 28 by jack_lord

The person concerned flew out of the country last night. Therefore, knew that they would have to quarantine for two weeks but still decided to go. They also would have known that the FCO advice was non essential travel only.

That in my eyes is a dereliction of duty
dereliction of duties on 21:37 - Jul 28 with 825 viewsFireboy2

dereliction of duties on 21:09 - Jul 28 by jack_lord

Only the Prime Minister gets to be "off duty" these days.

And his tvvat of an adviser.
dereliction of duties on 23:36 - Jul 28 with 784 viewsDJack

dereliction of duties on 21:37 - Jul 28 by Fireboy2

And his tvvat of an adviser.

Advisor? Puppeteer more like!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

dereliction of duties on 13:26 - Jul 29 with 688 viewsCatullus

dereliction of duties on 18:04 - Jul 28 by exhmrc1

That was why I mentioned Shapps. A government minister is always on call. If FCO advice was travelling is ok then changes the rule when you're away, that's hard luck but not dereliction.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

dereliction of duties on 13:55 - Jul 29 with 677 viewsonehunglow

It is at the least,rank naievity

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

dereliction of duties on 14:41 - Jul 29 with 666 viewscontroversial_jack

It's taking the piss
dereliction of duties on 15:04 - Jul 29 with 648 viewsHighjack

dereliction of duties on 19:07 - Jul 28 by exiledclaseboy

Cummings will be running his department anyway.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024