Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea town center 20:22 - Jul 28 with 2488 viewsbritferry

Anyone driven through it since it reverted back to how it always should have been?

I made a couple of trips today, got down Walters Rd all the way to the Tesco Express without any queues and only got stopped there by a red light. Much better.

The Kingsway on the other hand, I was driving towards the Dragon Hotel and a van was driving straight down the middle of the road towards me, luckily he noticed me and pulled to the left. I do think there are too many zebra crossings and they have a bus stop on one side in the traffic lane when they have a load of space where Lee Trundles bar was for a pull-in... its bonkers

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Swansea town center on 20:23 - Jul 28 with 1939 viewsonehunglow

"town".Fook me.

Golda Meir is now Israel president

Oy vey

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea town center on 21:14 - Jul 28 with 1886 viewsjack_lord

Swansea town center on 20:23 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

"town".Fook me.

Golda Meir is now Israel president

Oy vey

Our city is finally improving :) I took a drive myself and was a bit worried that people may forget after it being one way for so long. The green areas may help disguise those post war construction as well.
It looks very promising and lets hope that the university doesn't lose the chance to attract the masses of students to create a vibrant "town" city centre.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea town center on 22:04 - Jul 28 with 1828 viewsraynor94

It's brilliant, should never have been changed to a one way system.

It's working like clockwork

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea town center on 22:55 - Jul 28 with 1810 viewsLeonWasGod

Not Kingsway, but I went into the centre for the first time in ages yesterday. I know a lot of places are closed, but christ it looked a dump. The more of these redevelopments they can do, the better. Desperately needs an injection of life. It could be great if they use the seafront well.
Swansea town center on 10:18 - Jul 29 with 1697 viewsonehunglow

Improving .I hope so.

I hope I live long enough to witness it.

It's been promised many time previously.

Swansea town center on 12:33 - Jul 29 with 1678 viewsKGriz16

Swansea town center on 22:55 - Jul 28 by LeonWasGod

Not Kingsway, but I went into the centre for the first time in ages yesterday. I know a lot of places are closed, but christ it looked a dump. The more of these redevelopments they can do, the better. Desperately needs an injection of life. It could be great if they use the seafront well.

Give it a year, from this regeneration scheme I cannot help but be optimistic!
Swansea town center on 12:56 - Jul 29 with 1662 viewsCatullus

I liked the idea to put part of the road underground and have a pedestrian area at the bottom of Wind Street.
Then, I'm all for expanding the Promenade and putting the Mumbles train back so lets put all the Mumbles road underground and have a green area from the LC to Blackpill! Seperate cycling lanes and footpaths, picnic areas, an outdoor concert area with a jumbotron for live sport or when they wan to show films. Think big.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea town center on 18:01 - Jul 29 with 1620 viewsNortbankboy

Swansea town center on 10:18 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

Improving .I hope so.

I hope I live long enough to witness it.

It's been promised many time previously.

It is improving,it's shame this virus have put things on hold
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea town center on 18:05 - Jul 29 with 1611 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea town center on 12:56 - Jul 29 by Catullus

I liked the idea to put part of the road underground and have a pedestrian area at the bottom of Wind Street.
Then, I'm all for expanding the Promenade and putting the Mumbles train back so lets put all the Mumbles road underground and have a green area from the LC to Blackpill! Seperate cycling lanes and footpaths, picnic areas, an outdoor concert area with a jumbotron for live sport or when they wan to show films. Think big.

I vote for you !

Cant fault you.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea town center on 18:36 - Aug 2 with 1293 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea town center on 12:56 - Jul 29 by Catullus

Any road in Swansea city centre that is underground will be below sea level. The old pedestrian subway at the bottom of wind street often use to flood when there was high tide.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea town center on 19:27 - Aug 2 with 1284 viewsbritferry

Swansea town center on 18:36 - Aug 2 by felixstowe_jack

Any road in Swansea city centre that is underground will be below sea level. The old pedestrian subway at the bottom of wind street often use to flood when there was high tide.

I dont think that was water

Swansea town center on 10:01 - Aug 4 with 1146 viewswhiterock

I don't think shops will be coming back to fill the empty premises, online and out of town shopping will see to that, our city centre, like many others will diversify with a mixture of boutique shops, offices and bars and restaurants
Swansea town center on 10:06 - Aug 4 with 1144 viewsonehunglow

Out of town will suffer too,all will.We face massive change and we really do not appreciate just how great it will be.We can't.

I hope I live long enough to Swansea as a place worthy of visiting . Coast is ok when its fine but when it rains ,its like most seaside town/cities.

Jeez,no more depressing place than Plymouth in the rain

Swansea town center on 10:18 - Aug 4 with 1143 viewsexhmrc1

Swansea town center on 10:06 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

Out of town will suffer too,all will.We face massive change and we really do not appreciate just how great it will be.We can't.

I hope I live long enough to Swansea as a place worthy of visiting . Coast is ok when its fine but when it rains ,its like most seaside town/cities.

Jeez,no more depressing place than Plymouth in the rain

I have been surprised at how few places have closed in Swansea. I expected worse. In the quadrant only TUI, Quiz and Menkind have yet to reopen. Thornton's have close permanently which I am surprised at as it seemed so busy.

Peacocks have opened yet in Swansea and Mumbles but has opened in Morriston. The What Shop was due to open yesterday and Warren James is reopening Saturday. Crouch Jewellers is undergoing a refit so hasnt yet reopened. Carphone warehouse has closed and Hays Travel hasnt yet reopened. Otherwise everywhere else is open.

Over 90% of the market traders will be open. The cafes could reopen yesterday and a couple of bakers were due to open today. I dont know if they have. Only a few other stalls havent yet reopened.
Swansea town center on 10:07 - Aug 5 with 1060 viewsbritferry

The new drainage system that they installed has collapsed and over the next few weeks, it all has to be dug up and re-laid.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 14:52]

Swansea town center on 13:39 - Aug 5 with 1029 viewsonehunglow

Many towns and cities are to be decimated and every day many sizeable one are going titsup.
Im not sure about markets in any town especially open air ones in northern towns

Swansea town center on 14:31 - Aug 5 with 1005 viewsexhmrc1

Swansea town center on 13:39 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

Many towns and cities are to be decimated and every day many sizeable one are going titsup.
Im not sure about markets in any town especially open air ones in northern towns

I have just come back from the city centre and confirm that nearly all stores and market traders are back. I was expecting far worse and agree with you that all shopping centres will decline. That is a fact that is going to happen with out of town shopping centres and online shopping. Swansea will also suffer like elsewhere. I did expect to see much more closed than has and it is a pleasant surprise the worse hasnt happened.
Swansea town center on 17:21 - Aug 5 with 972 viewsonehunglow

I am genuinely pleased but don't fret ,I won't be going anywhere near Swansea any time soon

Swansea town center on 18:14 - Aug 5 with 952 viewsexhmrc1

Swansea town center on 17:21 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

I am genuinely pleased but don't fret ,I won't be going anywhere near Swansea any time soon

Not surprised given your past comments.
Swansea town center on 18:29 - Aug 5 with 945 viewsonehunglow

Tax.
It's purely personal,family based.

The city is not the glorious happy place I once knew and that is how I see it. I aint looking to disrespect anyone in saying that.

Jesus,people absolutely detest the county and its denizens I ve lived in for over 40 years yet I was fortunate to marry one of its daughters and raised a great family of which I am very proud.I am very protective of all that I hold dear and make no apologies for that.

Swansea town center on 18:57 - Aug 5 with 931 viewsexhmrc1

Swansea town center on 18:29 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

Tax.
It's purely personal,family based.

The city is not the glorious happy place I once knew and that is how I see it. I aint looking to disrespect anyone in saying that.

Jesus,people absolutely detest the county and its denizens I ve lived in for over 40 years yet I was fortunate to marry one of its daughters and raised a great family of which I am very proud.I am very protective of all that I hold dear and make no apologies for that.

Previously you made it pretty clear you did not intend coming back so it isnt a surprise to read this.
Swansea town center on 19:15 - Aug 5 with 924 viewslifelong

Such a shame, so many people on these forums will be gutted to read this.
Swansea town center on 20:26 - Aug 5 with 899 viewsonehunglow

Thanks lifelong.

Swansea town center on 21:19 - Aug 5 with 868 viewsJack_Meoff

Tidy

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Swansea town center on 22:07 - Aug 5 with 846 viewsVincent_Vega

I’ve been the first to knock the past redeployments of Swansea but I doo feel that at least the centre is going in the right direction. Hopefully it’ll continue in the right way but much work is still required.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024