Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US Election 2020 - Delayed? 00:25 - Jul 31 with 3677 viewsKerouac

Donald Trump doesn't like postal voting as he says it is susceptible to fraud (it really is actually) and has floated the idea of delaying the election.

Postal voting will be increased due to Covid-19.
The USA have never delayed an election in all it's history.

If Trump gets his way on this should we be worried about what that means?
Or do you have some sympathy for his position?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 12:11 - Aug 4 with 461 viewsCatullus

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 10:30 - Aug 4 by Ace_Jack

That good reason being to give historic slave owning states a larger voice to account for all the 3/5s of people they were gracious enough to find housing and employment for.

I watched the Lucy Worsley programme about American history and it's greatest fibs. Turns out Ol Abe Lincoln wasn't really the great emancipator that I was taught about in school. His anto slavery drive was only against the confederate states to destabilise their economies.

So much we were taught in school that is false, is it the rich and powerful presenting the history they want us to see it because the truth hurts them?

The histories we have been taught are full of lies or, at the very least, misinterpretations. Or, are the histories we're being shown now the lies because the narrative they want us to follow has changed? Who knows! The truth is long since lost.

That's reflected in Trump too, he's told so many lies he wouldn't know the truth if it bit him. Bojo isn't far behind except for some reason I feel like Bojo cares a little bit more about how history will view him. He wants to be seen in a good light. I could be wrong.

Trump doesn't want the election delayed for any reason other than he's worried he's losing, or so I think. If Trump loses to Biden it'll be just as damning an indictment as Corbyn losing to Bojo, from what I've read.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 13:46 - Aug 4 with 435 viewsonehunglow

It' also true that only white people made money out of slaves.

Africans dragged their poor fellow africans into the bottomless pits.

Teachers clearly rewriting history

All white people are not bad

White people need not be so ashamed.

If we are that bad,then black people should have licence to wipe us whites out,which is not unlike what BLM are staying.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 13:47]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 13:51 - Aug 4 with 424 viewsHighjack

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 13:46 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

If we are that bad,then black people should have licence to wipe us whites out,which is not unlike what BLM are staying.

There are estimated to be 136,000 people living in slavery today in the U.K. as I type this.

More slaves worldwide now today than there has ever been at any point in human history.

Yet all eyes on the 17th century. It’s perverse.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 14:00 - Aug 4 with 416 viewsonehunglow

Thanks.Good point.
It could be argued many women in British industrial areas were virtual slaves-if personal freedom is the yardstick. Many terrified of hubands,literally locked in a tenement /tiny terrace house often with a house full of small children.

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 15:19 - Aug 4 with 389 viewsHumpty

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 13:46 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

Do you have any evidence that teachers are rewriting history regarding slavery? Or BLM saying they should have licence to wipe white people out?

And who has said only white people made money out of slavery?
US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 15:37 - Aug 4 with 383 viewsKilkennyjack

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 09:50 - Aug 3 by Professor

Sad news. Saved many lives by bringing the extremists to the negotiating table and away from the gun and bomb. RIP

A brave and a wise man.

Stood up to the extremists on both sides.

He always found the right words.

Beware of the Risen People

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 15:45 - Aug 4 with 379 viewsKilkennyjack

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 08:55 - Aug 3 by Professor

How long would SF and the SDLP wait before launching a bid for a referendum do you think Kilkenny?

Would be close now based on recent GE results, but would there be an advantage of waiting a couple of years? It's increasingly obvious that it is a case of 'when' not 'if' there is a united Ireland.

Yes a good point, i would wait some more and build that majority from all sides of the community.
Don't rush at it like Scotland.
No need.

Covid, Brexit, and the recent Irish Republic elections have all caused rather unusual circumstances.

Within 5 years for sure.
So its probably Brexit, a free Scotland, an united Ireland, and a free Cynru ...in that order.....

Beware of the Risen People

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 09:22 - Aug 5 with 336 viewsfelixstowe_jack

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 15:45 - Aug 4 by Kilkennyjack

Yes a good point, i would wait some more and build that majority from all sides of the community.
Don't rush at it like Scotland.
No need.

Covid, Brexit, and the recent Irish Republic elections have all caused rather unusual circumstances.

Within 5 years for sure.
So its probably Brexit, a free Scotland, an united Ireland, and a free Cynru ...in that order.....

Still sadly deluded. Why do you still live in the British Empire you hate so much?

Why don't you return to the utopia that you claim the Irish Republic is?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 09:51 - Aug 5 with 324 viewsProfessor

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 09:22 - Aug 5 by felixstowe_jack

Still sadly deluded. Why do you still live in the British Empire you hate so much?

Why don't you return to the utopia that you claim the Irish Republic is?

He's not.
Most political commentators have always acknowledged that eventually there will be a nationalist majority. The narrow gap between the votes for the nationalists (SF & SDLP) and Unionist (DUP & UUP/OUP) and the resurgence of the centrist Alliance show the difference between pro-unionist and nationalists is now small. Nationalists tend to have more kids, kids grow up....

When is still a big question. Before Brexit I would have said another 20-30 years ahead, but now can see this in the next decade, especially if we flounder and RoI prospers. This may attract the more secular in society to take the option within the EU. On the other hand if the UK is a roaring success, then it will delay unification. It will happen. I have no particular side to take, its just a case of demographics.

As for Empire -that went post-WWII. Our nice friends in Washington made that happen since we were in so much debt. We have a few rocks here and there now.
US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 10:04 - Aug 5 with 323 viewsonehunglow

Its a fair point aimed at Killy but Im as guilty of hypocrisy.
I live in a land where young men can wipe out a young Police Officer ,get charged,go to court and leave LAUGHING with a sentence that sees them released in their mid 20s.

We allow this,we nurture it.

We have police now bending the knee in "support" of an organisation that uses violence as a key weapon.

We allow this,we nurture it.

We have a media that...I 'll stop there a the keyboard to go flying .

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 10:14 - Aug 5 with 320 viewsCatullus

At least those young men are having their sentence reviewed, maybe they'll get longer.

I don't like the way the world is going either. We have Russia, China, the USA and the EU all banging their drums. NATO looks susceptible, the USA and the EU are banging their heads together and it may not end well.

I love my son to bits but I don't like the world he's growing into. I honestly think it's less safe now than it ever was. The police are retreating, the rules are softening, international arguments are getting more vociferous. I fear for his future.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 10:19 - Aug 5 with 319 viewsonehunglow

The Attorney General has been asked to look into it.No more from me about our legal chums
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:23]

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 12:44 - Aug 5 with 314 viewsA_Fans_Dad

US Election 2020 - Delayed? on 10:14 - Aug 5 by Catullus

At least those young men are having their sentence reviewed, maybe they'll get longer.

I don't like the way the world is going either. We have Russia, China, the USA and the EU all banging their drums. NATO looks susceptible, the USA and the EU are banging their heads together and it may not end well.

I love my son to bits but I don't like the world he's growing into. I honestly think it's less safe now than it ever was. The police are retreating, the rules are softening, international arguments are getting more vociferous. I fear for his future.

Less safe than it ever was?
What safer than the 2 world war periods, safer than cold war and the Cuba Missile crisis?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024