Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incomings 11:36 - Jul 31 with 5928 viewsGVJack

Ok, looking forward to 2020/2021, who are our realistic targets coming in?
Incomings on 12:35 - Jul 31 with 4499 viewsCatullus

I've read he's hoping to get Brewster and Gallacher back for a full season. Also that we've approached Grant Hall whose contact at QPR has run out.

Besides them it's difficult to say but, looking at the way Solskjaer has been picking his ream, maybe a cheeky loan bid for Dan James

It's hard to call because of the rumours of Rodon leaving (though Citeh have bought Nathan Ake) and we if a bid is made for Ayew we'll probably sell. Tough to know who we'll need.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Incomings on 12:39 - Jul 31 with 4492 viewsBadlands

Incomings on 12:35 - Jul 31 by Catullus

I've read he's hoping to get Brewster and Gallacher back for a full season. Also that we've approached Grant Hall whose contact at QPR has run out.

Besides them it's difficult to say but, looking at the way Solskjaer has been picking his ream, maybe a cheeky loan bid for Dan James

It's hard to call because of the rumours of Rodon leaving (though Citeh have bought Nathan Ake) and we if a bid is made for Ayew we'll probably sell. Tough to know who we'll need.

Can't see Brewster coming back - his goalscoring with us could be good enough for to spend with Liverpool for at least half first half of the season again.
Gallagher - no thanks. Not if Cooper is here. Maybe, Yes please with another manager.
Rodon? I still think he will have to prove his fitness with us before anyone will pay a decent fee.
If Cooper stays I'd be looking to move if I had any ambition.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 12:41]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Incomings on 13:05 - Jul 31 with 4471 viewsGVJack

Isnt Allen out of Contract? Would love to have him back and play the holding Midfield.
Incomings on 13:47 - Jul 31 with 4431 viewsHighjack

Incomings on 12:35 - Jul 31 by Catullus

I honestly can’t see any PL team moving for Rodon at the moment. Not because he’s not good enough but he’s had a few injuries.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Incomings on 15:29 - Jul 31 with 4370 viewsswan65split

Loans and freebies , cant see fans being allowed back for a while, on mass anyway, so finances will be tight, or non existent with us!
Incomings on 17:02 - Jul 31 with 4302 viewsBillyChong

Cooper’s interview published today said it would be loans and/or free transfers only
Incomings on 18:14 - Jul 31 with 4249 viewsshingle

Incomings on 13:05 - Jul 31 by GVJack

Isnt Allen out of Contract? Would love to have him back and play the holding Midfield.

You need to grasp that no money or very little will be spent by these owners, so lets put the silly talk to bed.
Incomings on 18:27 - Jul 31 with 4231 viewsmajorraglan

Incomings on 13:05 - Jul 31 by GVJack

From what I can see he’s contracted to Stoke until 2022. He’s rumoured to be on around 50k per week, it’s never going to happen.

Unless one of the youngsters gets sold for decent cash, I reckon Ayew will either be sold on or allowed to leave on a free transfer. If rumours of his reported £80k per week are right, that will account for 25% of the final years parachute payment. Covid19 will have put a dent in the cash flow and they will need cash to keep the ship afloat.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 18:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Incomings on 19:59 - Jul 31 with 4154 viewsSwansea93

Apparently close to signing a permanent transfer, I remember someone mentioning a Welsh defender from Carlisle coming here? Could be him on a freebie.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Incomings on 20:11 - Jul 31 with 4145 viewsonehunglow

Frankly,dont we all need a break from all this.

We are like half way up a ladder peeping a vibrant couple coupling vigorously

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Incomings on 22:02 - Jul 31 with 4068 viewsKilkennyjack

Last year of parachute payments next year.
From memory we have about £17m from that.

Year after zip.
I think thats when the 🇺🇸 owners get out of town.

So we need to find £17m cuts, or sell Rodon and carry on for next 12 months.

I can only see more loan signings.
In fairness they have (mostly) been good to watch.

Beware of the Risen People

Incomings on 11:25 - Aug 2 with 3752 viewsBadlands

Incomings on 22:02 - Jul 31 by Kilkennyjack

Last year of parachute payments next year.
From memory we have about £17m from that.

Year after zip.
I think thats when the 🇺🇸 owners get out of town.

So we need to find £17m cuts, or sell Rodon and carry on for next 12 months.

I can only see more loan signings.
In fairness they have (mostly) been good to watch.

Who do you see taking over from the majority shareholders?
Anyone looking to buy the club would want all the shares?
Do you think anyone buying the club will pump £millions in without looking to recoup their investments?
Do you think new majority shareholders would be any better?

My answers would be
no one
almost certainly
no
no

Incomings on 12:38 - Aug 2 with 3708 viewsWhiterockin

Incomings on 18:14 - Jul 31 by shingle

You need to grasp that no money or very little will be spent by these owners, so lets put the silly talk to bed.

I don't money will be spent by the majority of clubs in the current situation. Turnover for clubs outside the Premier League will be virtually nil until supporters are let back in. No tickets, no hospitality, no catering, and practically no merchandise. This is going to be one window where most clubs will not be prepared to commit to anything financially, it will be wait until Christmas and review the situation.
Incomings on 13:08 - Aug 2 with 3690 viewsHighjack

Incomings on 12:38 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

I don't money will be spent by the majority of clubs in the current situation. Turnover for clubs outside the Premier League will be virtually nil until supporters are let back in. No tickets, no hospitality, no catering, and practically no merchandise. This is going to be one window where most clubs will not be prepared to commit to anything financially, it will be wait until Christmas and review the situation.

Shifting Ayew is vital imo. We simply have to get rid somehow. Harsh because he’s given so much and could have done a Jack Rodwell and just sat on his arse for three years but his wages are crippling us. If that figure of 80,000 is anywhere near true we could probably bring in five or six top quality championship players at least for half of that and still be better off.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Incomings on 15:19 - Aug 2 with 3616 viewsBadlands

Incomings on 13:08 - Aug 2 by Highjack

Shifting Ayew is vital imo. We simply have to get rid somehow. Harsh because he’s given so much and could have done a Jack Rodwell and just sat on his arse for three years but his wages are crippling us. If that figure of 80,000 is anywhere near true we could probably bring in five or six top quality championship players at least for half of that and still be better off.

We'd have been totally screwed without him this season!
Have to get the balance between cost and value.

Incomings on 16:35 - Aug 2 with 3562 viewsGVJack

Incomings on 20:11 - Jul 31 by onehunglow

Frankly,dont we all need a break from all this.

We are like half way up a ladder peeping a vibrant couple coupling vigorously

No - and even if you do feel free not to read/contribute, you don't need to answer on behalf of all users of planet swans.
Incomings on 22:01 - Aug 2 with 3386 viewsSwansea93

Incomings on 15:19 - Aug 2 by Badlands

We'd have been totally screwed without him this season!
Have to get the balance between cost and value.

If we can afford to keep him on again then hopefully he will stay, could be a win win for him as he is out of contract next summer and get a big sign on fee.

Seen him linked to PSG earlier for 5M, don't know how true that is.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Incomings on 23:45 - Aug 2 with 3343 viewsGVJack

Incomings on 22:01 - Aug 2 by Swansea93

If we can afford to keep him on again then hopefully he will stay, could be a win win for him as he is out of contract next summer and get a big sign on fee.

Seen him linked to PSG earlier for 5M, don't know how true that is.

I dont know who else would pay him 80k a week, so I can see him seeing his contract out and as you say getting a decent signing on bonus in what will probably be his last decent move and good wages. Unless the middle East/china or USA come knocking I can see him being a swan next year. Just hope we get the players around him to make us a threat
Incomings on 10:25 - Aug 3 with 3204 viewspikeypaul

Incomings on 17:02 - Jul 31 by BillyChong

Cooper’s interview published today said it would be loans and/or free transfers only

So virtually the same since the sellout barstewards took the millions so we could “move to the next level” under the Yank venture capitalists, who have not invested a cent of their own money in to the club, and just siphoned off the out going transfer fees and parachute money.

You get what you deserve with the “trust” 😂😂😂 turning a blind eye and allowing the sellouts to walk away with the millions whilst the club dies.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Incomings on 10:52 - Aug 3 with 3185 viewsKGriz16

Alan Nixon claimed Leicester want Andre Ayew from us, and the transfer fee would be put back into the spending money. I've also seen Daniel Ayala being linked, but he looks Birmingham bound with Karanka.
Incomings on 11:24 - Aug 3 with 3170 views34dfgdf54

Incomings on 10:52 - Aug 3 by KGriz16

Alan Nixon claimed Leicester want Andre Ayew from us, and the transfer fee would be put back into the spending money. I've also seen Daniel Ayala being linked, but he looks Birmingham bound with Karanka.

Not Nixon, was a parody account.
Incomings on 11:50 - Aug 3 with 3152 viewsBadlands

Ayew has gone from being a 'must get off the payroll' (Birch and Perlman March 2019) to 'must try to keep' August 2020.
15 league goals and 7 assists as a second centre forward would cost a fortune to replace.
The financial balance will be quite simply - what can we get/save v what will it cost to replace.
Let's be honest, without him this season we would have struggled, not just his goal involvement but his industry and leadership was excellent.

Incomings on 16:10 - Aug 3 with 3031 viewsHighjack

Incomings on 10:52 - Aug 3 by KGriz16

Nixon has a success rate comparable to Mystic Meg.

Incomings on 17:55 - Aug 3 with 2962 viewsHighjack

Incomings on 11:50 - Aug 3 by Badlands

Ayew has gone from being a 'must get off the payroll' (Birch and Perlman March 2019) to 'must try to keep' August 2020.
15 league goals and 7 assists as a second centre forward would cost a fortune to replace.
The financial balance will be quite simply - what can we get/save v what will it cost to replace.
Let's be honest, without him this season we would have struggled, not just his goal involvement but his industry and leadership was excellent.

Of course he’s been fantastic but that sort of salary in the championship is not sustainable.

Incomings on 18:00 - Aug 3 with 2956 viewsBillyChong

Incomings on 11:50 - Aug 3 by Badlands

Pity that philosophy wasn’t realised when Siggy was flogged
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024