Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL 14:02 - Aug 1 with 188 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

EFL on 14:39 - Aug 1 with 179 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

This from the paper that didn't actually send a representative to the court proceedings.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

EFL on 18:42 - Aug 1 with 170 viewsspell_chekker

EFL on 14:39 - Aug 1 by basilrobbiereborn

This from the paper that didn't actually send a representative to the court proceedings.

I saw a great film about one of the big, crusading, newspapers. Something like the Washington Post or New York Times.

It was about uncovering a ring of paedophile catholic priests.

I don't expect a provincial English paper to put itself on the line for the sake of "principles", nor see it as a vehicle for righting wrongs, or anything.

However, Scrafton is pushing it a bit, to say the least.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 18:45]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

EFL on 17:39 - Aug 2 with 148 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

EFL on 18:42 - Aug 1 by spell_chekker

I saw a great film about one of the big, crusading, newspapers. Something like the Washington Post or New York Times.

It was about uncovering a ring of paedophile catholic priests.

I don't expect a provincial English paper to put itself on the line for the sake of "principles", nor see it as a vehicle for righting wrongs, or anything.

However, Scrafton is pushing it a bit, to say the least.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 18:45]

To be fair to them, Johnson's Press (or whoever the owners are) were supposed to be sorting out coverage.

But on a fair number of days they fielded no-one, or their stringer missed some of the proceedings. He even asked me if he could crib my notes on one occasion.

Eventually they got a nice lady who came up from Essex every day to cover things and she did a good job, particularly in the dog days of proceedings when we were backwards and forwards to court for all sorts of procedural stuff.

My point was, though, this was probably the biggest thing that had happened to Blackpool FC in decades. And the EG didn't sort something out themselves.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

EFL on 19:04 - Aug 2 with 140 viewsspell_chekker

EFL on 17:39 - Aug 2 by basilrobbiereborn

To be fair to them, Johnson's Press (or whoever the owners are) were supposed to be sorting out coverage.

But on a fair number of days they fielded no-one, or their stringer missed some of the proceedings. He even asked me if he could crib my notes on one occasion.

Eventually they got a nice lady who came up from Essex every day to cover things and she did a good job, particularly in the dog days of proceedings when we were backwards and forwards to court for all sorts of procedural stuff.

My point was, though, this was probably the biggest thing that had happened to Blackpool FC in decades. And the EG didn't sort something out themselves.

Of course.

At the time, there was a clamour for the gazette to do all sorts of investigative journalism and set the world to rights.

IMO, that isn't what they're supposed to do.

I fully concur with you, Robbie, that they should have done something, had somewhat of an opinion on such a significant matter for the town, and reported the whole "Oyston saga" in more depth.

Even if they aren't meant to be a crusading mouthpiece for the truth, they were found somewhat short of the median.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024