Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory mp arrested 10:25 - Aug 2 with 5745 viewsBest_loser

At least we know it's not a Swansea mp

Swansea is a tory free zone
Tory mp arrested on 21:06 - Aug 3 with 1502 viewsonehunglow

He was and it ruined him.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tory mp arrested on 21:13 - Aug 3 with 1497 viewsLohengrin

Tory mp arrested on 20:43 - Aug 3 by Kilkennyjack

Good point, you simply cant be welsh and a Tory.

You get to choose.
Nobody chooses Tory.

What about Fine Gael? Can you be Irish and vote for them?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tory mp arrested on 21:15 - Aug 3 with 1489 viewsLohengrin

Tory mp arrested on 20:36 - Aug 3 by onehunglow

No,my point is the inclination for salacious gossip whenever sexual offences are concerned.
The fact he is/might be tory will be the primary motivation for many.

Just as well,mass rape of young girls by asian men wasn't mentioned.

As a young man ,I well remember the gossip surrounding Bob (Lord) Boothby not to mention Jeremy Thorpe ,which was a free house ..

I’ve got several books by and about Bob Boothby knocking around the house. A fascinating life all told.

Tory mp arrested on 21:51 - Aug 3 with 1457 viewsmajorraglan

Tory mp arrested on 16:02 - Aug 3 by Best_loser

All I know is if it had been a labour mp there would be four threads on it now

And felixstowe would have started at least three of them 😊

Everybody knows who the mp is

Or Pikey Paul, he’s usually good for a bit of MP bashing - if they aren’t Conservative. We’ve also seen Charlie Elphicke convicted at Crown Court in the last week or so, previously he had the whip removed only to have it restored just in time for a crucial vote to support the party.

To be honest, we have seen some absolutely disgraceful behaviour from our some of our elected officials, a number of whom should be in jail and not holding public office. Sexual offences, perverting the course of justice and fiddling expenses are some of the crimes that have been committed.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 21:55]
Tory mp arrested on 22:33 - Aug 3 with 1426 viewsWarwickHunt

Tory mp arrested on 21:15 - Aug 3 by Lohengrin

I’ve got several books by and about Bob Boothby knocking around the house. A fascinating life all told.

Thinly disguised in The Long Firm trilogy by Jake Arnott. Well worth a read.
Tory mp arrested on 10:14 - Aug 4 with 1352 viewsonehunglow

Wozza and Loh. Its like being reborn. My cup runneth over. Surely I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Tory mp arrested on 21:39 - Aug 4 with 1294 viewsLohengrin

Tory mp arrested on 22:33 - Aug 3 by WarwickHunt

Thinly disguised in The Long Firm trilogy by Jake Arnott. Well worth a read.

Thanks for that, I’ll have to check them out. A mate of mine is a big fan of Arnott’s stuff, he’s always raving about them.

People today forget just how big a name Boothby was, I doubt many youngsters will have even heard of him but there was a time when he was extraordinarily famous: the best known political ‘personality’ on the telly and radio. For most of his active political life he was close to the centre of power.

The epitome of original one-nation Toryism he was a champion of the poor and the unemployed. It was largely down to his personal drive and initiative that free milk was made available to schoolchildren and expectant mothers, though that fact again is probably lost in the mists of time.

The downside being Bob was an incorrigible old rogue who was able to exercise about as much control over his old boy as you would over an unattended fire hose!

Bob and friend in the ‘20s.

Bob and friend in the ‘50s...

Tory mp arrested on 11:14 - Aug 5 with 1227 viewsCatullus

Tory mp arrested on 17:56 - Aug 3 by londonlisa2001

He said ‘scumbag’. Accompanied by a list of people who had largely been accused of harassment. Scumbags being a perfectly reasonable description of them.

I’m pleased you think it’s more than appropriate.

I believe the use of the phrase together with the juxtaposition of the list minimises the seriousness of this alleged crime.

The link reads that people were making accusations of SEXUAL harrasment and assault so in my book, scumbags.

The link wasn't there to minimalise anything, purely to point out that it's not just tories who can be scumbags. It wasn't myself who tried to score political points by saying only tories are scum.

FAO Kilk, if you can't be Welsh and vote Tory how come so many Welsh seats turned blue at the last GE?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Tory mp arrested on 11:20 - Aug 5 with 1223 viewsonehunglow

Are nationalists of the belief that anyone who votes tory is scum/vile/weird.
As the Tories represent ,primarily,self employed,small business ,and large corporations just how can people in Wales NOT vote Tory if those criteria prevail.

Wales is not poor everywhere and a such,there will be rich ,privileged ,private school even who will vote Tory.

It is a free vote and all votes should be respected even those who vote Sein Fein,SLP or PLAID

Tory mp arrested on 14:50 - Aug 18 with 1159 viewsBest_loser

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53805359
Tory mp arrested on 15:28 - Aug 18 with 1145 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Tory mp arrested on 16:29 - Aug 3 by Highjack

It’s the power and sense of self entitlement that leads these sad, flabby, sweaty, balding middle aged men believe they can force themselves upon a young girl and get away with it.

Spot on, regardless of whether it is politicians or any other profession.
Tory mp arrested on 18:50 - Aug 18 with 1104 viewsbritferry

Tory mp arrested on 14:50 - Aug 18 by Best_loser

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53805359

I wonder if theres a way to find out which MPs attend each day?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Tory mp arrested on 19:12 - Aug 18 with 1092 viewsLohengrin

Tory mp arrested on 18:50 - Aug 18 by britferry

I wonder if theres a way to find out which MPs attend each day?

Hansard records the speakers for and against motions and general points made in The Commons but I don’t think it lists attendance in The Chamber.

However, COVID Track-and-Trace would I imagine require all those who enter the buildings to sign themselves in. How you would get to access those records is anybody’s guess?

Tory mp arrested on 20:50 - Aug 18 with 1045 viewsKilkennyjack

Tory mp arrested on 11:20 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

Are nationalists of the belief that anyone who votes tory is scum/vile/weird.
As the Tories represent ,primarily,self employed,small business ,and large corporations just how can people in Wales NOT vote Tory if those criteria prevail.

Wales is not poor everywhere and a such,there will be rich ,privileged ,private school even who will vote Tory.

It is a free vote and all votes should be respected even those who vote Sein Fein,SLP or PLAID

As a welshman then it was the miners strike made me realise that Nye was right and the Tory party is the enemy within.

Thatcher was ruthless and wrong headed, but she had her convictions.

Johnson is corrupt with the public purse being looted to give money, influence, and power to friends and family. He is simply a traitor in old money.

Brexit Disaster Capitalism: £8 Billion Bet on No Deal Crash-Out by Boris Johnson’s Leave Backers

They care nothing for wales or the welsh people. Nothing.

Beware of the Risen People

Tory mp arrested on 21:39 - Aug 18 with 1027 viewsCatullus

Tory mp arrested on 20:50 - Aug 18 by Kilkennyjack

As a welshman then it was the miners strike made me realise that Nye was right and the Tory party is the enemy within.

Thatcher was ruthless and wrong headed, but she had her convictions.

Johnson is corrupt with the public purse being looted to give money, influence, and power to friends and family. He is simply a traitor in old money.

Brexit Disaster Capitalism: £8 Billion Bet on No Deal Crash-Out by Boris Johnson’s Leave Backers

They care nothing for wales or the welsh people. Nothing.

All governments, of whichever party have given money, influence and power to family and friends. It's not restricted to tories. Labour governments are as guilty as anyone of promoting cronies to the HoL. Wasn't Blair cosied up to Murdoch? David Lloyd George was linked to the selling of Knighthoods and Peerages.

I fully expect Bojo to be as bad as any of them.

There's people who consider Scargill to be a sguilty as Thatcher of ruining the miners. We do not yet know what Brexit will bring us, time will tell but anyone paying attention can see the EU has plenty of problems.

It's interesting you call Bojo a traitor when it wasn't Bojo who tried to sell this country away. WHatever his reasons, arguing for restoring full sovereignty, arguing that the UK should have full control over it's own laws and borders is hardly treasonous. Blair is much more Haw Haw or Quisling than Bojo.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024