Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's to be done about London... 22:54 - Aug 3 with 4589 viewsKerouac

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/man-stabbed-in-pub-brawl-and-five-othe

...no place to bring up kids.
Sadik Khan does not appear to have the answers.

What would you do to get the streets of London back under control?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

What's to be done about London... on 10:18 - Aug 4 with 2476 viewsonehunglow

Ideally,cut it adrift.Its toxic and shows multiculturalism to be not the nirvana some think it is.

Best plan is to have the craven Met actually do their job which is to keep the peace and confront law breaking and disorder,like they were trained to.

Cressida Dick will be responsible for some real tragedy soon,of thhat I have no doubt.However the rank and file must get off their knees ,literally.

I read someone stating Brixton was safe.

Nowhere in London is "safe"

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What's to be done about London... on 10:27 - Aug 4 with 2472 viewsCatullus

It's not that safe in any large town or city. Swansea has been inflltrated by drugs gangs from London, Manchester, Liverpool and other places probably, the so called county lines gangs. With them comes more violence.
Until the police actually clamp down and any offender who has sold drugs and /or used violence gets a long sentence the streets will get worse.

To me the best way would be to legalise drugs and take the profit away from criminals. Without money they can't buy more weapons. Ro me, seeing known drug dealers rolling in money is just sick, even worse they go after kids, they give Primary school kids freebies to get them hooked. Hang them I say!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What's to be done about London... on 10:35 - Aug 4 with 2463 viewsonehunglow

I remember Swansea not being safe . Rarely did I not have a scrap with some jerk,normally valley boys but Turks and especially Neath Port Talbot.

The Glen at Llanelli was also ricky so not new stuff.

Sandfields ,port Talbot was tricky too.

Violence and anti social behaviour is everywhere from Berwick to Bodwin and New Quay to Norwich.

What's to be done about London... on 11:12 - Aug 4 with 2452 viewsCatullus

What's to be done about London... on 10:35 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

I remember Swansea not being safe . Rarely did I not have a scrap with some jerk,normally valley boys but Turks and especially Neath Port Talbot.

The Glen at Llanelli was also ricky so not new stuff.

Sandfields ,port Talbot was tricky too.

Violence and anti social behaviour is everywhere from Berwick to Bodwin and New Quay to Norwich.

The big difference, to me anyway was if you got into a fight 30 years ago when/if you went down and were clearly beaten it'd stop. These days people carry on going. I've copped a few slaps from stopping someone going too far. usually in drunken pub fights, all too often my friends.
I never saw the point in fighting, specially over a spilt pint or football. If you're going to fight it should be over something important.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

What's to be done about London... on 11:17 - Aug 4 with 2450 viewsonehunglow

Absolutely and what is worse is when someone is gettin a kicking ,rather than help,the jerk film in then put it our to their mates.

My son in law popped around this Sunday in his fully liveried X5 -for my granddaughter who was visiting. Kids like the kit they /he carries. Sidearm,gas,tazer,various phone etc.

Spoke to his oppo exactly about this filming and he said he ALWAYS puts his body cam on when stopping anyone as it gives him some back up with a complaint. I didnt have this;twas word against word. In this respect modern technology helps working police officers.

However,as for running after offenders,most police officers are handicapped like National Hunt horses.

What's to be done about London... on 11:33 - Aug 4 with 2442 viewsBarrySwan

What's to be done about London... on 10:27 - Aug 4 by Catullus

It's not that safe in any large town or city. Swansea has been inflltrated by drugs gangs from London, Manchester, Liverpool and other places probably, the so called county lines gangs. With them comes more violence.
Until the police actually clamp down and any offender who has sold drugs and /or used violence gets a long sentence the streets will get worse.

To me the best way would be to legalise drugs and take the profit away from criminals. Without money they can't buy more weapons. Ro me, seeing known drug dealers rolling in money is just sick, even worse they go after kids, they give Primary school kids freebies to get them hooked. Hang them I say!

Don't quite get the logic of your argument to be honest.

Surely its all the morons who have such sad little lives and inadequate capacity to use their brain for stimulation rather than drugs that create the demand for drugs whether legal or illegal and thus create the situation where the rest of us are besieged by crime and violence from those either seeking money to buy drugs or the gangs selling the stuff.

Legalising a problem doesn't do away with it does it? And how would legalising drugs take away profit and curtail gang activity anyway? Tobacco use being legal doesn't stop large scale criminal activity dealing in cigarettes.

Perhaps doing away with the 'drug users are victims' mantra might help and start treating druggies including the laughably titled social casual users as criminals might be a start.
What's to be done about London... on 11:36 - Aug 4 with 2436 viewscontroversial_jack

What's to be done about London... on 11:12 - Aug 4 by Catullus

The big difference, to me anyway was if you got into a fight 30 years ago when/if you went down and were clearly beaten it'd stop. These days people carry on going. I've copped a few slaps from stopping someone going too far. usually in drunken pub fights, all too often my friends.
I never saw the point in fighting, specially over a spilt pint or football. If you're going to fight it should be over something important.

There were no good old days. 30/40 years ago you could get a good kicking if you went down to the floor.

There were big fights most weekend nights in most cities or towns

Times were more violent during the 70s than they are now. I feel safer going out on a weekend nighg of to a football match now than i did years ago
What's to be done about London... on 11:41 - Aug 4 with 2433 viewsCatullus

What's to be done about London... on 11:33 - Aug 4 by BarrySwan

Don't quite get the logic of your argument to be honest.

Surely its all the morons who have such sad little lives and inadequate capacity to use their brain for stimulation rather than drugs that create the demand for drugs whether legal or illegal and thus create the situation where the rest of us are besieged by crime and violence from those either seeking money to buy drugs or the gangs selling the stuff.

Legalising a problem doesn't do away with it does it? And how would legalising drugs take away profit and curtail gang activity anyway? Tobacco use being legal doesn't stop large scale criminal activity dealing in cigarettes.

Perhaps doing away with the 'drug users are victims' mantra might help and start treating druggies including the laughably titled social casual users as criminals might be a start.

Legalising would be the start of treatment. We need help centre where the drugs are bought, where clean needles are supplied, where medical checks are made. lastly, where the addicted can het help.

The trade in illegal fags is mostly around imports that haven't paid duty. Many people try to smuggle duty free fags in. Of course there are 'fake' fags around too and they can kill.

The thing about legalising is we can control the flow. We can be sure of the quality and of course, in the beginning we can undercut the dealers to put them out of business.
At the moment we spend a fortune on fighting the drugs war and we are losing. A new approach is needed.

Login to get fewer ads

What's to be done about London... on 12:44 - Aug 4 with 2410 viewsBarrySwan

What's to be done about London... on 11:41 - Aug 4 by Catullus

Legalising would be the start of treatment. We need help centre where the drugs are bought, where clean needles are supplied, where medical checks are made. lastly, where the addicted can het help.

The trade in illegal fags is mostly around imports that haven't paid duty. Many people try to smuggle duty free fags in. Of course there are 'fake' fags around too and they can kill.

The thing about legalising is we can control the flow. We can be sure of the quality and of course, in the beginning we can undercut the dealers to put them out of business.
At the moment we spend a fortune on fighting the drugs war and we are losing. A new approach is needed.

We're not losing a war against drugs at all. The authorities haven't even botherred joining the war.

First step is to lock up every drug addled junkie and casual user found under the influence rather than bleating about help centres using more NHS resources whilst the rest of us can't even get a doctors appointment much less get to see a consultant or have an operation within a reasonable time frame.

I'm fed up of drug users bleating that that they need help, more money that we don't have on rehabilitation and other treatment whilst all the time creating the environment that leaves the rest of us having our houses burgled , cars stolen or broken into and mugged in the street by those seeking money for drugs whilst the streets are full of the stabbed and shot due to drug gang warfare.

About time those responsible for creating the drugs market plus its attendant social and crime disaster were held to account instead of constant initiatives for the taxpayers to fork out even more on needle exchanges, rehabilitation, medical treatment to treat self inflicted drugs related conditions etc etc.

No demand for drugs no drug dealing gangs. Its not really difficult to understand.

I'm fed up of seeing some drug addled junkie on the TV whining that society isn't doing enough for them while we all suffer the effects of drug related crime, or some ostensibly respectable member of the public saying that yes they did dabble a little in social drugs when they were younger, in uni etc.

Each and every one contribute or have contributed in the past to the drugs and crime scenario that we now face every day.

None of them are victims or innocent casual users they all contribute to the mess that exists today.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 12:46]
What's to be done about London... on 13:42 - Aug 4 with 2380 viewsonehunglow

I am vehemently opposed to allowing legalisation of drugs.
Might as well legalise burglary if the logic is it cant be controlled .

We need zero tolerance and police to get stuck in.Problem is too many chief Cons are appalling PC jerk who are afraid of upsetting people ,especially black people in inner London.Fact. Stop and search is the only way .No criminal is going to hand over his stash voluntarily.He will resist,complain and film any inter action and then local politicians will use it-then Cress Dick apologises .

Its no wonder our kids are doped up clowns with no hope from what I can see.

Future looks bleak

Finally,DONT DO DRUGS--EVER.

IT will KILL you.

Plenty have .

What's to be done about London... on 16:18 - Aug 4 with 2332 viewsKilkennyjack

London will not be a priority in Indy Wales.

Another benefit ...

Beware of the Risen People

What's to be done about London... on 18:05 - Aug 4 with 2302 viewsBillyChong

How hard can it be to catch drug dealers? The police know all the junkies, the junkies need their fix every day.
What's to be done about London... on 18:29 - Aug 4 with 2274 viewsHumpty

What's to be done about London... on 13:42 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

I am vehemently opposed to allowing legalisation of drugs.
Might as well legalise burglary if the logic is it cant be controlled .

We need zero tolerance and police to get stuck in.Problem is too many chief Cons are appalling PC jerk who are afraid of upsetting people ,especially black people in inner London.Fact. Stop and search is the only way .No criminal is going to hand over his stash voluntarily.He will resist,complain and film any inter action and then local politicians will use it-then Cress Dick apologises .

Its no wonder our kids are doped up clowns with no hope from what I can see.

Future looks bleak

Finally,DONT DO DRUGS--EVER.

IT will KILL you.

Plenty have .

The vast majority of people who take drugs do not die.

Most people I know who do take drugs live completely normal lives, hold down jobs, etc.
What's to be done about London... on 18:36 - Aug 4 with 2280 viewsbritferry

I'm not for a cashless society as I think it would give the government too much control, even though we'll have it one day but it would do away with the drug dealers.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

What's to be done about London... on 19:28 - Aug 4 with 2246 viewsonehunglow

The vast majority what?
You seem to be making a case out for the belief they are harmless.

All are affected whether temporarily or permanently .

Hope a dope head doesn't run you or any of your family down when high after simply smking a simple harmless spliff.

Attitudes like yours are killing our society.

Everyone should have zero tolerance for them,plenty of victims in graveyards I can tell you Humpty. It a curse ,a cancer and its killed our society. We have given up.

What's to be done about London... on 19:33 - Aug 4 with 2245 viewsWarwickHunt

What's to be done about London... on 11:36 - Aug 4 by controversial_jack

There were no good old days. 30/40 years ago you could get a good kicking if you went down to the floor.

There were big fights most weekend nights in most cities or towns

Times were more violent during the 70s than they are now. I feel safer going out on a weekend nighg of to a football match now than i did years ago

Correct. No ubiquitous CCTV, phone cameras...knives were a rarity though.
What's to be done about London... on 19:43 - Aug 4 with 2238 viewsonehunglow

As were firearms.
People are anaesthetised by it all.

Jeez,my son in law popped around for tea and cake whilst on duty fully kitted up ,sidearm included. Neighbours nor us in any way bothered.

What's to be done about London... on 20:29 - Aug 4 with 2206 viewsNeathJack

What's to be done about London... on 19:43 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

As were firearms.
People are anaesthetised by it all.

Jeez,my son in law popped around for tea and cake whilst on duty fully kitted up ,sidearm included. Neighbours nor us in any way bothered.

If I were your son in law I'd be armed when visiting you as well.
What's to be done about London... on 20:37 - Aug 4 with 2198 viewsonehunglow

lol.
#Thanks,I trust that was meant in good spirit.If so I appreciate that.I'm trying to move forward.

Yep,he's a good lad and Im very proud to have him in our family unit.

Ive got more commendations than him though on my lounge wall

What's to be done about London... on 23:59 - Aug 4 with 2137 viewsHumpty

What's to be done about London... on 19:28 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

The vast majority what?
You seem to be making a case out for the belief they are harmless.

All are affected whether temporarily or permanently .

Hope a dope head doesn't run you or any of your family down when high after simply smking a simple harmless spliff.

Attitudes like yours are killing our society.

Everyone should have zero tolerance for them,plenty of victims in graveyards I can tell you Humpty. It a curse ,a cancer and its killed our society. We have given up.

They're certainly not harmless and I've never said they were. I'm not claiming they should be legalised either. I can see the thinking behind that idea but have mixed views on it.

Of course people should not drive if they've taken drugs, just as they shouldn't if they've drunk alcohol.

I'm just pointing out that what you said about drugs killing you if you take them is complete bollocks.
What's to be done about London... on 10:11 - Aug 5 with 2094 viewsonehunglow

Incredible

Drugs kill.

You dont believe it,then I pity you.

Drug drivers are out biggest problem.

You are,as you say,talking complete bollox.

What's to be done about London... on 10:37 - Aug 5 with 2079 viewsCatullus

Alcohol does more damage than drugs though. Every single day it causes accidents, it causes family brreak ups, it causes run ins with the police, it causes violence.

Maybe we should ban alcohol and have ero tolerance towards that?

When I was young it wasn't my spliff smoking friends who got into fights, it was those who drank more alcohol.

A lot of burglaries happen because of drugs, they want their fix and sreal to get the funds. Until we eliminate or control drugs that won't change.

The point about going cashless seems quite true to me. You wouldn't see drug dealers carrying a contactless machine! Maybe that is the best answer.

What's to be done about London... on 10:46 - Aug 5 with 2076 viewsonehunglow

The answer is to discourage people from taking drugs,even precribed ones when there i an alternative.

Nothing good comes out of drugs whether it be cannabis or crack.

Legalising it will not stop crime either.

No market ,no sales.Dont do it. Stay the feck clean.

When a kid,I never ever took dope.I had other things to give me a buzz ,like racing motor cycle which took all my money too,come to think of it.

What's to be done about London... on 10:58 - Aug 5 with 2070 viewsCatullus

What's to be done about London... on 10:46 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

The answer is to discourage people from taking drugs,even precribed ones when there i an alternative.

Nothing good comes out of drugs whether it be cannabis or crack.

Legalising it will not stop crime either.

No market ,no sales.Dont do it. Stay the feck clean.

When a kid,I never ever took dope.I had other things to give me a buzz ,like racing motor cycle which took all my money too,come to think of it.

OK, so what about alcohol?

When I was young it was all about football. Playing or watching. I dabbled with motorbikes for a few weeks (a friend had one) but it didn't last.

What's to be done about London... on 11:03 - Aug 5 with 2065 viewsonehunglow

Alcohol
Good riposte albeit a predictable one.

Ive discussed this before however and not going to repeat myself so sorry to bale out of this one

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024