Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F1 drivers v Footballers 00:11 - Aug 4 with 5565 viewsKerouac

Why is it that F1 drivers have enough about them to refuse to take a knee whereas Footballers just do as they're told like lambs?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1318074/Lewis-Hamilton-British-Gran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

F1 drivers v Footballers on 14:02 - Aug 6 with 1114 viewsKerouac

F1 drivers v Footballers on 13:23 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

My exact sentiments.

Those things happen to all races. In fact the way Floyd died happened to a guy called Tony Timpa. No criminal record, no crime committed yet his neck was knelt on until dead while the officers mocked him as he begged for help.

Officers did not get convicted. Nobody cared and there was no fuss because he was white.

I was about to say if it had happened to a black man it would be everywhere, but it did... and it was.

I agree with you both.

Why the difference?
Because one side of the political spectrum want to amplify anything that could be potentially seen as racist, they are playing politics with it.

When you think about it, people with white skin are not voting in one block.
When you bump into somebody with white skin, regardless of their background, you would not bet on guessing which way they vote.
I believe the stats say that citizens with brown/black skin are far more likely to vote for the Labour party....why is this if we are all individuals living in a free society?

The answer is, 'Identity Politics'.

The left wingers of the West have been playing this game for years, ever since they lost the argument regarding economics.
If you think it through the logical conclusion is that they accept that they can't win the arguments on their own merits...too much evidence has mounted up against those arguments.
They still want power though, so they try to create a narrative whereby everyone from a minority group feels that they are getting the shitty end of the stick from society and are being picked on by the majority (who are mostly white and racist)...this is not just done with skin colour, you have seen this growing with Welsh and Scottish nationalism, LGBTQ issues etc.
If the truth, that the vast majority of white skinned people could not give less of a shite about anyone else's skin colour, ever got out and took a hold, destroying their narrative...the Left's vote collapses, as the positions they take on a whole range of policy are unpopular on their own merits.

The Labour vote is a coalition of minorities.

The white working class of this country have now caught up and realise that the Labour Party is essentially, telling lies about them in order to frighten minorities (which is incredibly irresponsible and dangerous).
We need to face this shite down, in order to do that you need to be willing to stand up for the truth and not care one iota about people calling you names.
I personally could not care less about the accusation that I am a racist, I know who I am and people who know me know who I am, nobody who knows me would believe that I get called a racist almost daily on Planet Swans (to be fair this has stopped since those posters mostly left to the new board), because that is not who I am.

F1 drivers v Footballers on 14:17 - Aug 6 with 1100 viewsonehunglow

Its so easy to use racist as a perjorative.

In a overwhemingly white city like Swansea ,it's bizarre to ee the unfettered love and support for BLM. Easy when a face of colour is a novelty in your community.

Take a look at sepia photos of a once proud city like Bradford and see pre 1955 school photos and take a look now. A complete transformation that has resonated amongst indigenous Bradford folk. Fact.

As regards racism,nothing highlights hypocrisy more and I recall south Wales being incredibly unwelcoming to people of colour especially in sport.

The history of racism within Welsh Rugby is both naked and stark.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

F1 drivers v Footballers on 14:23 - Aug 6 with 1099 viewsHighjack

F1 drivers v Footballers on 13:56 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Thank the Lord we are not Police Officers in the Land of the Free then.

Sadly,it IS highly likely a police officer will be seriously injured /killed in the execution of his duty.

It is also inevitable they will be hung out to dry.

Maybe criminals should be trained as to avoid violent confrontation with police and to avoid doping themselves to high heaven before committing violent crime.

We love it here,sitting smugly,safe and never having to remotely face the dangers they face.

You’re misquoting me a bit there. Any reasonable person would argue that force is necessary and perfectly acceptable to subdue a violent or threatening individual or to protect yourself against them. Even lethal force if necessary, for example the shooting of the guy with the fake explosive vest on London Bridge was proportionate, as was the wielding of the narwhal tusk.

What isn’t acceptable however is when the individual is subdued, restrained, handcuffed on the floor to then continue to use force against them. Surely you see the difference there?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

F1 drivers v Footballers on 14:30 - Aug 6 with 1094 viewsonehunglow

Im not quoted you though,am I.

I agree with your last paragraph .

However,unless you have been in a situation like that ,you cannot understand how it pans out.

Would you not agree on how hypocrisy is shining through a regards the world wide reaction to this.

F1 drivers v Footballers on 14:52 - Aug 6 with 1079 viewsHighjack

F1 drivers v Footballers on 14:30 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Im not quoted you though,am I.

I agree with your last paragraph .

However,unless you have been in a situation like that ,you cannot understand how it pans out.

Would you not agree on how hypocrisy is shining through a regards the world wide reaction to this.

Hypocrisy?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

F1 drivers v Footballers on 15:20 - Aug 6 with 1063 viewsonehunglow

Yes,amongst many white people.

Think I'll leave it there.

F1 drivers v Footballers on 16:06 - Aug 6 with 1043 viewsKerouac

F1 drivers v Footballers on 15:57 - Aug 4 by BigPhilG

I have a friend who works at a premier league club. He’s told me that at this club there a quite a few players who did not want to take a knee in the first place and told the club straight away how they felt. The answer that came back was that the PL had told them they must do it or else they would be facing bans, fines and would be branded racists. So very grudgingly and after severe pressure that’s been put on them they’ve had to comply and apparently the players union have refused to help them. They have told the club that there’s no way they will comply when fans are allowed back and won’t be bullied again into changing their minds.

Sorry can’t say what club as my friend does support the Swans and does read here

I've been thinking about this and have concluded that if I were a footballer there is no way that I would have allowed myself to be bullied into outwardly supporting a political movement that I did not support.

I would have stood, and allowed them to ban and fine me. I would then have taken them and the Players Union to court.

F1 drivers v Footballers on 17:01 - Aug 6 with 1031 viewsHighjack

F1 drivers v Footballers on 15:20 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Yes,amongst many white people.

Think I'll leave it there.

Ritey ho then.

Login to get fewer ads

F1 drivers v Footballers on 17:17 - Aug 6 with 1015 viewsHumpty

F1 drivers v Footballers on 13:56 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Thank the Lord we are not Police Officers in the Land of the Free then.

Sadly,it IS highly likely a police officer will be seriously injured /killed in the execution of his duty.

It is also inevitable they will be hung out to dry.

Maybe criminals should be trained as to avoid violent confrontation with police and to avoid doping themselves to high heaven before committing violent crime.

We love it here,sitting smugly,safe and never having to remotely face the dangers they face.

Really? Got any evidence for that?

Because both in the US and the UK police officer is way down on the list of most dangerous jobs.

Another Richie fact?
F1 drivers v Footballers on 03:57 - Aug 7 with 957 viewsfbreath

I noticed the referee and linesman didn’t take the knee before kick off last night at the wolves Europa league game.
I believe they were from Russia

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

F1 drivers v Footballers on 08:23 - Aug 7 with 931 viewsAndy1300

F1 drivers v Footballers on 03:57 - Aug 7 by fbreath

I noticed the referee and linesman didn’t take the knee before kick off last night at the wolves Europa league game.
I believe they were from Russia

Well done to them

Number 1 team in Wales

F1 drivers v Footballers on 08:29 - Aug 7 with 927 viewsonehunglow

It's about time this knee bending ended as a routine.

Did the test at Old Trafford see this at the start of the first day v Pakistan?

F1 drivers v Footballers on 17:34 - Aug 9 with 858 viewsJack59

F1 drivers v Footballers on 08:29 - Aug 7 by onehunglow

It's about time this knee bending ended as a routine.

Did the test at Old Trafford see this at the start of the first day v Pakistan?

It has only persisted because the grounds have been empty, the majority of fans would not put up it, and would be able to let the players know by voicing their disapproval of their support for that anarchical organisation.
F1 drivers v Footballers on 18:55 - Aug 9 with 837 viewsAndy1300

It looks like fewer drivers are taking the knee in F1. Around half of the drivers stood up while the rest continued the farce.

Number 1 team in Wales

F1 drivers v Footballers on 20:18 - Aug 9 with 815 viewsFlashberryjack

F1 drivers v Footballers on 18:55 - Aug 9 by Andy1300

It looks like fewer drivers are taking the knee in F1. Around half of the drivers stood up while the rest continued the farce.

Good for them. f*ck BLM

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

F1 drivers v Footballers on 16:38 - Aug 10 with 766 viewsCatullus

F1 drivers v Footballers on 16:06 - Aug 6 by Kerouac

I've been thinking about this and have concluded that if I were a footballer there is no way that I would have allowed myself to be bullied into outwardly supporting a political movement that I did not support.

I would have stood, and allowed them to ban and fine me. I would then have taken them and the Players Union to court.

Imagine if this happened in other businesses, imagine if Royal Mail told all it's staff they had to go outside and take the knee so the tv cameras could see it. WHat would the outcome be, or to be more accurate would it be the government regulkator for that sector telling all businesses in that sector to take the knee I guess. Still, there would be chaos.

No business or it's governing body should push a political ideal or ideology onto it's workers. If people wanted to support BLM then it should have been their choice alone, they should not be pressured (either way) by anybody.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

F1 drivers v Footballers on 16:59 - Aug 10 with 753 viewsHumpty

F1 drivers v Footballers on 16:38 - Aug 10 by Catullus

Imagine if this happened in other businesses, imagine if Royal Mail told all it's staff they had to go outside and take the knee so the tv cameras could see it. WHat would the outcome be, or to be more accurate would it be the government regulkator for that sector telling all businesses in that sector to take the knee I guess. Still, there would be chaos.

No business or it's governing body should push a political ideal or ideology onto it's workers. If people wanted to support BLM then it should have been their choice alone, they should not be pressured (either way) by anybody.

If people wanted to support BLM then it should have been their choice alone, they should not be pressured (either way) by anybody.

Agree completely. There's lots of people on here demanding it stops though, whether people want to continue or not.
F1 drivers v Footballers on 17:22 - Aug 10 with 744 viewsAndy1300

F1 drivers v Footballers on 16:59 - Aug 10 by Humpty

If people wanted to support BLM then it should have been their choice alone, they should not be pressured (either way) by anybody.

Agree completely. There's lots of people on here demanding it stops though, whether people want to continue or not.

There are people on here that believe that it was fine for 1 game or race etc etc, not sure there’s a need for it at every game or race etc

When will it stop and what will the backlash be when it does?

Number 1 team in Wales

F1 drivers v Footballers on 17:38 - Aug 10 with 732 viewsHumpty

F1 drivers v Footballers on 17:22 - Aug 10 by Andy1300

There are people on here that believe that it was fine for 1 game or race etc etc, not sure there’s a need for it at every game or race etc

It's up to those who want to continue whether they do so or not surely?

Or are you advocating forcing them to stop?
F1 drivers v Footballers on 17:42 - Aug 10 with 730 viewsAndy1300

F1 drivers v Footballers on 17:38 - Aug 10 by Humpty

Nope, just balancing the argument

Number 1 team in Wales

F1 drivers v Footballers on 19:05 - Aug 10 with 710 viewsexiledclaseboy

F1 drivers v Footballers on 17:22 - Aug 10 by Andy1300

Well the England cricket team stopped last week. To absolutely no backlash at all.

Poll: Tory leader

F1 drivers v Footballers on 19:19 - Aug 10 with 696 viewsAndy1300

F1 drivers v Footballers on 19:05 - Aug 10 by exiledclaseboy

Well the England cricket team stopped last week. To absolutely no backlash at all.

Was it the whole team?

It would be very interesting if some players stopped kneeling.

IMHO if they carry on at the start of next season, it will start to lose support from a large number of fans.

Number 1 team in Wales

F1 drivers v Footballers on 19:22 - Aug 10 with 693 viewsexiledclaseboy

F1 drivers v Footballers on 19:19 - Aug 10 by Andy1300

Was it the whole team?

It would be very interesting if some players stopped kneeling.

IMHO if they carry on at the start of next season, it will start to lose support from a large number of fans.

The team and backroom staff decided as a collective to make the gesture for the three tests against the West Indies and similarly decided to stop doing it for the series against Pakistan.

Poll: Tory leader

F1 drivers v Footballers on 19:38 - Aug 10 with 684 viewsHighjack

F1 drivers v Footballers on 17:38 - Aug 10 by Humpty

It’s also up to the league to clarify or enforce their own rules regarding political statements/actions.

It’s frankly bizarre that this has been allowed when other players, clubs and fans have been punished heavily for similar political actions.

F1 drivers v Footballers on 22:26 - Aug 10 with 648 viewsCatullus

F1 drivers v Footballers on 19:38 - Aug 10 by Highjack

It’s also up to the league to clarify or enforce their own rules regarding political statements/actions.

It’s frankly bizarre that this has been allowed when other players, clubs and fans have been punished heavily for similar political actions.

I thought it was against FIFA's rules to make political statements at official fixtures?

Racism will probably always exist, some people are always looking for someone to blame for something. They need it to explain away their own problems or give them a sense of self worth because they need to feel superior. Some people will always feel the need to hate, will want to denigrate and deride and someone a different colour is an easy target.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024