Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Shirt Sponsor 17:55 - Aug 19 with 1960 viewshobo

For the first time in God knows how many seasons, we finally won't have a betting company gracing our shirts.

The official site has announced that Swansea University will be our shirt sponsor for the forthcoming season. A step in the right direction I say!
New Shirt Sponsor on 18:27 - Aug 19 with 1936 viewsCatullus

Ot a sign that we couldn't find a sponsor and ended up with the cheapest deal!

For what it's worth, I was fed up of seeing betting companies plastered over out shirts.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New Shirt Sponsor on 20:51 - Aug 19 with 1880 viewsBadlands

New Shirt Sponsor on 18:27 - Aug 19 by Catullus

For what it's worth, I was fed up of seeing betting companies plastered over out shirts.

Birch said there was a desire to move away from betting sponsors when he was appointed.
But it seems it's far better to assume the club is sh*t.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New Shirt Sponsor on 07:10 - Aug 20 with 1759 views1983

Lets be fair a lot of these betting sites are mickey mouse shite . Swansea University has done more for this world than some snidey betting site ever will, it's by far better to have on our shirt and it's promoting our City.

New Shirt Sponsor on 08:09 - Aug 20 with 1732 viewsWhiterockin

New Shirt Sponsor on 18:27 - Aug 19 by Catullus

The University has a great deal of interaction and financial dealings with the club. Some obvious like sponsorship of a stand and some not so obvious as in ownership of the training ground. It is always possible that some deals are inflated and some reduced for tax implications.
New Shirt Sponsor on 09:53 - Aug 20 with 1673 viewsAnotherJohn

I'm encouraged by this deal, which strengthens a cooperative relationship that involves more than just sponsorship. I just hope the university can maintain a good income stream in difficult times.

One area where I wonder if more could be done is a route into HE for some of the more academically-able players. This could help those who don't quite make the grade and possibly also some nearing retirement who want a change of direction. The university seems strong in Sports Science for example, and Guillem Bauza is an ex-player who did well in bioscience,
New Shirt Sponsor on 10:00 - Aug 20 with 1657 viewsFlash

New Shirt Sponsor on 09:53 - Aug 20 by AnotherJohn

I'm encouraged by this deal, which strengthens a cooperative relationship that involves more than just sponsorship. I just hope the university can maintain a good income stream in difficult times.

One area where I wonder if more could be done is a route into HE for some of the more academically-able players. This could help those who don't quite make the grade and possibly also some nearing retirement who want a change of direction. The university seems strong in Sports Science for example, and Guillem Bauza is an ex-player who did well in bioscience,

With the lack of foreign students expected for the coming year, the income of the university is going to suffer a big loss of income, so I can't imagine that this deal is going to be as large as past deals. I wonder how many clubs won't have any sponsor for next season ( except possibly a charity ?)
New Shirt Sponsor on 12:14 - Aug 20 with 1610 viewsKGriz16

Dead proud to have the local university on the front of our shirt. I hope the shirt matches the testament of having the university on the front.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024