Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to Phil Sumbler 18:06 - Aug 20 with 1690 viewspencoedjack

Life time achievement award for his work with trust.
Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 18:12 - Aug 20 with 1677 viewsHighjack

Congratulations

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 18:21 - Aug 20 with 1661 viewsraynor94

Well deserved

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 18:24 - Aug 20 with 1651 viewsHighjack

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 19:29 - Aug 20 with 1599 viewsDr_Parnassus

I thought it was a joke at first, seems it’s not.

He deserves recognition for the time he has put in, but achievement is a huge stretch. After the sale he is possibly the sole reason the Trust finds itself in this impossible mess. If not the sole reason then a gigantic part of it. The lack of foresight was frightening throughout the reign(s). Rigid Trust goals that did not adapt with the changing circumstances.

He even changed the rules after being challenged on why he was still there even after the two term rule was breached.

Arrogance, ego and above all incompetence. I say it as I see it unfortunately:

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 19:45 - Aug 20 with 1576 viewsraynor94

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 19:29 - Aug 20 by Dr_Parnassus

He deserves recognition for the time he has put in, but achievement is a huge stretch. After the sale he is possibly the sole reason the Trust finds itself in this impossible mess. If not the sole reason then a gigantic part of it. The lack of foresight was frightening throughout the reign(s). Rigid Trust goals that did not adapt with the changing circumstances.

He even changed the rules after being challenged on why he was still there even after the two term rule was breached.

Perhaps you shouldn't have posted under a Non de Plume if you feel that way.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 20:02 - Aug 20 with 1555 viewsDr_Parnassus

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 19:45 - Aug 20 by raynor94

Perhaps you shouldn't have posted under a Non de Plume if you feel that way.

Am I wrong then?

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 20:12 - Aug 20 with 1535 viewsOptimisticJack

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 19:29 - Aug 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I agree with this post.
Some years back when trust members were about to vote for the first time on whether to vote for or against legal action he wrote a really dubious letter to trust members.
It as good as recommended members to vote against legal action.
This clearly swayed members to vote unanimously against legal action which was so wrong.
If anyone have access to this letter from the trust and can post it on here you will see exactly what I am getting at?.
On the other hand , without question he has made a huge effort working tirelessly for the trust.
An excellent communicator both orally and written.
Recognition rightly deserved on that score but I will always have my doubts over him.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 22:08]

Optimisticjack

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 21:11 - Aug 20 with 1481 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it a bit like giving the master seamanship award to the captain of the Titanic??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 21:20 - Aug 20 with 1462 viewsLeonWasGod

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 20:12 - Aug 20 by OptimisticJack

I agree with this post.
Some years back when trust members were about to vote for the first time on whether to vote for or against legal action he wrote a really dubious letter to trust members.
It as good as recommended members to vote against legal action.
This clearly swayed members to vote unanimously against legal action which was so wrong.
If anyone have access to this letter from the trust and can post it on here you will see exactly what I am getting at?.
On the other hand , without question he has made a huge effort working tirelessly for the trust.
An excellent communicator both orally and written.
Recognition rightly deserved on that score but I will always have my doubts over him.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 22:08]

it wasn't a dubious letter - it's standard practice for organisations like the Trust to outline the board's preferred option when they put issues to membership votes. There was a lot of argument at the time as to whether it was the right recommendation, and I believe retrospectively Phil admitted they may have made the wrong call there. But it wasn't dubious.
Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 22:46 - Aug 20 with 1381 viewsGaryjack

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 21:11 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Is it a bit like giving the master seamanship award to the captain of the Titanic??

What a slimey fvckin rat you turned out to be!
Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 08:42 - Aug 21 with 1246 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 22:46 - Aug 20 by Garyjack

Aww ffs grow a sense of humour

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 08:44 - Aug 21 with 1240 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 22:46 - Aug 20 by Garyjack

I was going to say “isn’t that like winning employee of the month working in an ice cream van”.

Lifetime achievement awards eh. What a load of old shite. I

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 09:04 - Aug 21 with 1214 views1983

Wibble Wibble Wibble

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 09:05 - Aug 21 with 1212 viewsDr_Parnassus

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 21:20 - Aug 20 by LeonWasGod

it wasn't a dubious letter - it's standard practice for organisations like the Trust to outline the board's preferred option when they put issues to membership votes. There was a lot of argument at the time as to whether it was the right recommendation, and I believe retrospectively Phil admitted they may have made the wrong call there. But it wasn't dubious.

The recommendation was stupid and ill thought out as opposed to dubious.

Whatever their recommendation was essentially was going to be the final decision and they knew that. Too many members were too ill informed and went with whatever the Trust recommended. Of course that then meant it wasn't really a democratic vote, the boards vote instead of counting for 1 each counted for maybe 50-60 each. Very dangerous thing to do on such a matter.

Phil never admitted he got that wrong all the time I posted on here, he actually banned a whole load of people who tried to explain in detail why it was such a stupid decision - including Spratty and then lied about it to her face. The ONLY reason it didn't go through, was because they (the Americans) pulled out. That's the scary thing.

The one sided voting structure was however dubious. If the recommendation wasn't going to be enough, they structured the vote in such a way that there wasn't really ever going to be any other outcome. They essentially made a brain-dead decision against so much advice and then hid behind ''the vote of the people'' that they ensured went their way, as not to take any direct blame or responsibility.

So again, for the time he put in then by all means he deserves some recognition. However what he did with that time, essentially putting his own ego above the club, the Trust and its supporters is not something I think is worthy of praise. Under his leadership the Trust pretty much failed at every single turn and lacked the foresight to move with any developments - which is why 4 years down the line, we are still here.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 9:27]

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 09:39 - Aug 21 with 1181 viewsKGriz16

Congratulations
Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 09:59 - Aug 21 with 1169 viewschad

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 21:11 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Although in small mitigation, he at least did the honourable thing, and went down with his ship

Unlike Bruce Ismay, the MD of White Star Line, who jumped into a lifeboat to save his own skin.
Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 10:16 - Aug 21 with 1138 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 09:59 - Aug 21 by chad

Although in small mitigation, he at least did the honourable thing, and went down with his ship

Unlike Bruce Ismay, the MD of White Star Line, who jumped into a lifeboat to save his own skin.

Aye but Phil was the captain. Huw were the MD‘S jumping into massively inflated aAmerican yachts!

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 10:30 - Aug 21 with 1126 viewsHighjack

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 09:59 - Aug 21 by chad

Typical bloody scouser.

(Bruce, not Phil)

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 10:35 - Aug 21 with 1122 viewsswancity

Highly embarrassing, I don’t think he’ll want to accept it, surely not ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 10:42 - Aug 21 with 1114 viewsHighjack

Congratulations to Phil Sumbler on 09:39 - Aug 21 by KGriz16

Congratulations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024