Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Compulsory By-Elections... 20:42 - Aug 31 with 580 viewsKerouac

...for those who switch parties, potentially, if Conservative MP Anthony Mangall's bill is passed this week.
Mangall says; "“My bill is about restoring faith in politics, encouraging transparency and making people feel that their vote matters,”

The bill proposes extending recall petitions which are currently only used when an MP is jailed. 1 in 10 of the constituency would have to sign a petition to force the by-election.

Good idea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Compulsory By-Elections... on 20:44 - Aug 31 with 574 viewsBest_loser

All elections should be compulsory, like australia

Voting I mean
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 20:45]
Compulsory By-Elections... on 22:31 - Aug 31 with 527 viewsScotia

Compulsory By-Elections... on 20:44 - Aug 31 by Best_loser

All elections should be compulsory, like australia

Voting I mean
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 20:45]

I wouldn't be against compulsory attendance at a polling station on election day, but I think we could end up with results that would make people very uncomfortable.

I also think we should have a general election whenever the prime minister changes.
Compulsory By-Elections... on 23:26 - Aug 31 with 513 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I would support compulsory voting if there was a “none of the above” option on the ballot paper.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Compulsory By-Elections... on 13:31 - Sep 1 with 432 viewsCatullus

Compulsory By-Elections... on 23:26 - Aug 31 by Joe_bradshaw

I would support compulsory voting if there was a “none of the above” option on the ballot paper.

It should be one of the options for sure. I'm all for compulsory voting and I agree that if an MP changes party or goes indy it should automatically mean a bye election.

MP's who are found guilty of a serious crime should face a minimum 10 years inside too. Perjury, rape etc just give them 10 and they lose any and all benefits built up too, no cushy pension.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024