Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should wales be an independent country ? 16:20 - Sep 1 with 6766 viewsCwmafanJack

Should wales be an independent country ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Just for the craic.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 16:21]

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Should wales be an independent country ? on 18:31 - Sep 3 with 1242 viewsCatullus

So the poll was done by a pro indy group, how do we know the people asked were a fair and representtative example of Welsh people? You can hardly base anything on asking 1000 people.

I do find it ironic that 2 big indy supporters don't even live in Wales.

I guess who/where we are ruled by comes down to opinions. To me the UK is ruled from Westminster by our elected MP's with some powers devolved to our own minor governments.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Should wales be an independent country ? on 20:15 - Sep 3 with 1216 viewsAndy1300

Should wales be an independent country ? on 17:51 - Sep 3 by CwmafanJack

Your just down the road from me, living in ballyroan just outside portlaoise atm, be good to meet up for a match or two when the seasons up and running again. Is there many jacks out this way?

Went to a wedding in portlaoise, Johnny Sexton was there.
That church at the end of the village with a green and pub opposite.

Had a couple of pints of the black stuff in that old bar on the left as you go up from the church, the one where the lads where white coats and they have groceries on shelves behind the bar

I think it was Morrisey’s bar
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 20:19]

Number 1 team in Wales

Should wales be an independent country ? on 20:15 - Sep 3 with 1214 viewsCwmafanJack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 18:31 - Sep 3 by Catullus

So the poll was done by a pro indy group, how do we know the people asked were a fair and representtative example of Welsh people? You can hardly base anything on asking 1000 people.

I do find it ironic that 2 big indy supporters don't even live in Wales.

I guess who/where we are ruled by comes down to opinions. To me the UK is ruled from Westminster by our elected MP's with some powers devolved to our own minor governments.

I do live in wales, cwmafan to be precise just back and forth to Ireland. Indy supporters are spread far and wide and every corner of wales. Matter of time before independence.

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Should wales be an independent country ? on 09:58 - Sep 7 with 1140 viewsBest_loser

55 no 44 yes percent

Closer than I expected
Should wales be an independent country ? on 10:04 - Sep 7 with 1132 viewsCatullus

Should wales be an independent country ? on 09:58 - Sep 7 by Best_loser

55 no 44 yes percent

Closer than I expected

Yes, closerthsn I expected too but only 38 votes cast so hardly indicative. I still say do it, I might be...well I am pro union but if we have the debate, do it properly AND allow all options onto the ballot. Have the true facts not the fake news we had from both sides during brexit and then put it into the rules that we all agree this is a once in a (insert whatever time period we can agree on) and get it done.

I'm all for democracy but all sides need to respect the result.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Should wales be an independent country ? on 17:44 - Sep 7 with 1101 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 17:38 - Sep 3 by Kilkennyjack

Here you go.

Wales is clearly emerging as a modern western democracy.
Feck the term Principality and all the George Thomas types still living amongst us.
Its over.

‘42% of those who voted for Labour in 2019 saying that they would vote for independence if a referendum was held tomorrow.’
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 17:41]

Does that mean 58% of labour voters would not vote for independence?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Should wales be an independent country ? on 17:56 - Sep 7 with 1097 viewsCatullus

Should wales be an independent country ? on 17:44 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

Does that mean 58% of labour voters would not vote for independence?

Those 42%, is that where the pollsters remove people who say don't know or who wouldn't vote?

Anyway that 42% (of all Labour voters at last GE) comes to 266,000 then if you add in PC voters at 154,000 that's 420,000. Compare that to the remaining Labour plus theTory vote which is 932,000.

It still depends on how genuine that 42% is though.

Should wales be an independent country ? on 22:24 - Sep 7 with 1075 viewsbuilthjack

I said about a year ago on here that Wales would be independent within 15 years. I was laughed at.
I still think I am right.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Should wales be an independent country ? on 23:20 - Sep 7 with 1070 viewsKilkennyjack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 22:24 - Sep 7 by builthjack

I said about a year ago on here that Wales would be independent within 15 years. I was laughed at.

You are right.

Why would any welsh person want to be stuck on Brexidiot island with Gove, Mogg, and Johnson..?
They sneer, mock and care absolutely nothing for Wales.

Beware of the Risen People

Should wales be an independent country ? on 23:30 - Sep 7 with 1065 viewsKilkennyjack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 17:56 - Sep 7 by Catullus

Those 42%, is that where the pollsters remove people who say don't know or who wouldn't vote?

Anyway that 42% (of all Labour voters at last GE) comes to 266,000 then if you add in PC voters at 154,000 that's 420,000. Compare that to the remaining Labour plus theTory vote which is 932,000.

It still depends on how genuine that 42% is though.

Its all about momentum and age group voting.

Its a staggering increase in support for Indy in Wales since 2016.
Its also staggering that the young (post war) generations are markedly more pro Indy, than the retirement age groups. Once that ‘flows through’ naturally then the balance flips to hugely pro Indy.

This is all before any campaigning.

Scotland leaving will greatly encourage Wales in joining the other Celtic indy nations.
Defo within 15 years.

Get on the Indy bus and enjoy the ride .... ❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Should wales be an independent country ? (n/t) on 23:33 - Sep 7 with 1064 viewsraynor94

That vote went well
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 23:34]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Should wales be an independent country ? on 09:12 - Sep 8 with 1036 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 22:24 - Sep 7 by builthjack

We will see in 14 years.

Should wales be an independent country ? on 09:14 - Sep 8 with 1035 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 23:20 - Sep 7 by Kilkennyjack

You are right.

Why would any welsh person want to be stuck on Brexidiot island with Gove, Mogg, and Johnson..?
They sneer, mock and care absolutely nothing for Wales.

Why would any sensible Welshman want to be governed by a coalition of labour and plaid. They have run the Welsh Assembly for the 20 years and life in Wales actually getting worse and waiting lists in the welsh NHS getting longer despite vast subsidies from the UK government.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 14:59]

Should wales be an independent country ? on 09:15 - Sep 8 with 1034 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 23:30 - Sep 7 by Kilkennyjack

Its also staggering that the young (post war) generations are markedly more pro Indy, than the retirement age groups. Once that ‘flows through’ naturally then the balance flips to hugely pro Indy.

Scotland leaving will greatly encourage Wales in joining the other Celtic indy nations.
Defo within 15 years.

The bus to poverty without the UK subsidy for the fares.

Should wales be an independent country ? on 11:27 - Sep 8 with 1016 viewsCatullus

Should wales be an independent country ? on 23:30 - Sep 7 by Kilkennyjack

Defo within 15 years.

IF Scotland leaves and IF scotland is a success it will encourage other Indy supporters. Time will tell.

What if Scotland leave and it's a disaster?

You keep going on about brexit being a disaster but what we're seeing now is because of the pandemic. We have no way of knowing how things would have turned out if Covid hadn't hit.
Of course when we come through the pandemic, however long that takes, and the UK turns out to be doing quit well, what will you say?

Should wales be an independent country ? on 14:53 - Sep 8 with 995 viewsKilkennyjack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 11:27 - Sep 8 by Catullus

IF Scotland leaves and IF scotland is a success it will encourage other Indy supporters. Time will tell.

What if Scotland leave and it's a disaster?

You keep going on about brexit being a disaster but what we're seeing now is because of the pandemic. We have no way of knowing how things would have turned out if Covid hadn't hit.
Of course when we come through the pandemic, however long that takes, and the UK turns out to be doing quit well, what will you say?

Experts are generally a good thing.

For a brain operation would you prefer a qualified surgeon, or Keith from down the pub ?

All the experts say Brexit is shite.
Keith from down the pub says Brexit is good.

Who do you believe ?

Small countries are rich counties in Europe.
Small countries with lots of oil are going to be mega rich.
I think Scotland will be just fine.

Its like considering staying in an abusive relationship because if you leave it could get even worse. Its the wrong reason to stay.

Should wales be an independent country ? on 15:05 - Sep 8 with 990 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 14:53 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

For a brain operation would you prefer a qualified surgeon, or Keith from down the pub ?

Who do you believe ?

Its like considering staying in an abusive relationship because if you leave it could get even worse. Its the wrong reason to stay.

Scotland runs a huge fiscal deficit and are subsidised by the uk government by the amount of £3500 per person per year.

What currency will they use when independence is gain. They will have to use the euro if the reapply to join the EU. The EU is unlikely to accept a country that does not meet it's fiscal rules. They made that mistake with Greece.

The UK will always be stronger together even though England would be far better off without the other 3 countries which all need subsidies from UK taxpayers.

Should wales be an independent country ? on 16:38 - Sep 8 with 972 viewsAndy1300

Who do you believe ?

And how many of the experts stand to lose out because off Brexit?

Number 1 team in Wales

Should wales be an independent country ? on 16:55 - Sep 8 with 967 viewsHighjack

Who do you believe ?

I bet there are brain surgeons called Keith who go to pubs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Should wales be an independent country ? on 17:14 - Sep 8 with 955 viewsFlashberryjack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 09:12 - Sep 8 by felixstowe_jack

We will see in 14 years.

Unless they bring the voting age down to 14

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Should wales be an independent country ? on 19:40 - Sep 8 with 929 viewsWingstandwood

Should wales be an independent country ? on 13:28 - Sep 3 by NotLoyal

A hundred years later the country has learned that taking up arms is not the way, may well have been relevant then to an extent, but not now. Too much to lose.

I was absolutely aghast by the very profound analysis/opinion of journalist Brian Rowan over ten years ago, and he ain't no mug, knows exactly what he is talking about with unique access to dissident Republican sources ! Privy to a lot of information.

He said that mainstream 'troops-out' Republicanism had finally got its wish to finally have troops off the streets, no roadblocks, watchtowers taken down, no intrusive helicopter flights, freedom to go about daily business unhindered etc. Great stuff peace!

The bit that really took me aback was the fact the 'dissidents' are desperate for a return of all the aforementioned, despite the fact many in the the Republican movement had previously fought, been imprisoned and killed to get the troops out anyhow.

Absolute tOssers not too dissimilar to all these extreme elements that we're all been discussing of late. People who do not want others to get on with their peaceful lives, having a gratuitous urge to divide society, desperately making up excuses just to create unnecessary conflict.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 19:47]

Argus!

Should wales be an independent country ? on 19:58 - Sep 8 with 909 viewsCatullus

Who do you believe ?

Maybe you hadn't noticed but in the modern world that's just around the corner, fossil fuels are yesr=terdays news.

Experts are great, they know lots of important stuff but I haven't met, seen on tv or read about an expert who can accurately predict what the world will look like in 20 years.

There are experts out there who say indy will be a disaster for Scotland, you don't believe them, do you?
You believe Adam Price when he says indy will be great but he borrowed tons of money, well took a grant from the Senedd for a business that went bust, he didn't see that coming and he was running that show. You are quite willing to believe these non experts about indy, people who never held high office nor managed a succesful business.

Should wales be an independent country ? on 20:09 - Sep 8 with 907 viewsWingstandwood

Should wales be an independent country ? on 19:58 - Sep 8 by Catullus

Maybe you hadn't noticed but in the modern world that's just around the corner, fossil fuels are yesr=terdays news.

Experts are great, they know lots of important stuff but I haven't met, seen on tv or read about an expert who can accurately predict what the world will look like in 20 years.

There are experts out there who say indy will be a disaster for Scotland, you don't believe them, do you?
You believe Adam Price when he says indy will be great but he borrowed tons of money, well took a grant from the Senedd for a business that went bust, he didn't see that coming and he was running that show. You are quite willing to believe these non experts about indy, people who never held high office nor managed a succesful business.

The fact that the current lot in the Welsh Government seem more than happy for Wales to have a backward (HTV Wales reporting) 1960's transport system says a lot. Apparently even refused Westminster money to help sort some of the problem out.

The fact the opposition are still rather silent about the stagnation (e.g relief road scrapped and no alternative forthcoming) is frightening! Transport infrastructure is vital. That lot would be the same lot in charge in an independent Wales, what hope hey? Talk about alarm bells ringing?

Argus!

Should wales be an independent country ? on 20:20 - Sep 8 with 897 viewsKilkennyjack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 16:55 - Sep 8 by Highjack

I bet there are brain surgeons called Keith who go to pubs.

Fair

Should wales be an independent country ? on 20:22 - Sep 8 with 894 viewsKilkennyjack

Should wales be an independent country ? on 16:38 - Sep 8 by Andy1300

And how many of the experts stand to lose out because off Brexit?

No - its the working class who will lose out.
As per fecking normal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024