Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. 08:59 - Sep 2 with 4969 viewsSwans9

I hope we keep Conner but I think he could go as well.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 09:44 - Sep 2 with 3322 viewsKGriz16

Why go through all the fuss of moving numbers to a number taken from another player potentially causing upset then? He's not going anywhere, otherwise he'd have been 22 (?) yesterday.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 12:32 - Sep 2 with 3212 viewsReslovenSwan1

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 09:44 - Sep 2 by KGriz16

Why go through all the fuss of moving numbers to a number taken from another player potentially causing upset then? He's not going anywhere, otherwise he'd have been 22 (?) yesterday.

Keeping the player will cost the club in excess of £10m for one season. it makes no economic sense.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 12:36 - Sep 2 with 3202 viewsCatullus

If we get the right offer anybody would be sold. As long as we can still field a team (and especially in these strange times) that is the uncomfortable truth.

If somebody actually did offer us 12 million or more for Rodon, we'd sell. I reckon 2/3 million might get Ayew because of the saving on the wages as much as the fee. I don't see much interest in Roberts because he's a bit up and down.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 13:08 - Sep 2 with 3155 viewsTreforys_Jack

I'm sure we'd love to get rid of AA , however its likely he'll be here for the duration of his contract as no-one else will match his wages.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 14:09 - Sep 2 with 3077 viewsReslovenSwan1

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 13:08 - Sep 2 by Treforys_Jack

I'm sure we'd love to get rid of AA , however its likely he'll be here for the duration of his contract as no-one else will match his wages.

Forwards players of his class are not easy to find. Young ones cost big money. He is now re integrated as a top performing player after 2 -3 poor seasons at West ham and Fenerbahce. He does not need to be paid the same wages. Lower wages will be considered over a three year contract esecially is associated with a discounted transfer fee. I believe he wil get picked up.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 15:04 - Sep 2 with 3028 viewsandrew

Cost the club £10m, So you’re saying Ayew is on £200,000 a week? HA
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 15:05]

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 15:12 - Sep 2 with 2995 viewsDr_Parnassus

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 15:04 - Sep 2 by andrew

Including lost transfer fee.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 16:05 - Sep 2 with 2939 viewsBadlands

Dread t think where we would have finished last season without him!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 12:43 - Sep 3 with 2663 viewsReslovenSwan1

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 16:05 - Sep 2 by Badlands

Dread t think where we would have finished last season without him!

Ayew needs to do the club a favour if they cannot move him on. Big debts are usually dealt with by speading the payment period. He could therefore accept a new 3 year contract for £6m or £40k a week for three years. If he is sold during that time he gets his £4m in full from the fee. £2m pa is still a lot but he is a top player and he does not need to be replaced which will also cost. He can be made captain with a promotion bonus if Grimes moves on. Walking away for free is not palatable at all.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 12:51 - Sep 3 with 2653 viewsCatullus

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 15:04 - Sep 2 by andrew

10 million? Didn't we pay 18 million to bring him back?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49734690#:~:text=Ayew%20rejoined%20Swansea%

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 13:49 - Sep 3 with 2618 viewsReslovenSwan1

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 12:51 - Sep 3 by Catullus

10 million? Didn't we pay 18 million to bring him back?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49734690#:~:text=Ayew%20rejoined%20Swansea%

The difference between keeping him for the season or selling him now is estimated by me as £10m. £4m in wages plus a £6m transfer fee. £5m is probably enough to have bouhght and pay very decent alterative striker.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 15:00 - Sep 3 with 2566 viewsBadlands

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 13:49 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

The difference between keeping him for the season or selling him now is estimated by me as £10m. £4m in wages plus a £6m transfer fee. £5m is probably enough to have bouhght and pay very decent alterative striker.

If we were to pay £5 million for a decent striker I reckon their wages would also be high.
From the players mentioned in various places I'm really disappointed more hasn't been done to attract players from a wider area.
It seems like loanees have to have been known to Cooper as kids.
Loans aren't cheap and we gain very little from them.
One thing I think we will see in the next few weeks will be glut of players becoming available as more club come to terms with the he loss of income. Could be some bargains.
As for Ayew, I can't see anyone offering him terms even close to what he is on.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 16:40 - Sep 3 with 2516 viewsCatullus

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 13:49 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

If the cost of keeping him is 10 million and we only get offered 3/4 million I think we'd sell. That's 8 million better off and I think the owners care more about stability right now than they do in having a gamble at promotion. Getting through this period with no fans allowed in stadia, tha massive drop in income, I think that's their priority.

I could be wrong, obviously.

We might be able to pick up a few bargaisn with so many other clubs looking in a more precarious place than us. Selling Grimes and Ayew just makes too much sense but then we'd have to pray Cooper can unearth a few gems.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 16:57 - Sep 3 with 2512 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 12:32 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Keeping the player will cost the club in excess of £10m for one season. it makes no economic sense.

Am hoping our money men have done all the sums, and Ayew stays.

Especially if Grimes leaves. Ayew's talismanic performances have been inspirational, proper Captain material, and our youngsters could thrive under his leadership.

The East wouldn't be the same without his song banging out.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 22:11 - Sep 3 with 2458 viewsGaryjack

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 15:12 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Including lost transfer fee.

What transfer fee? Do you seriously believe that anyone is going to pay £6m and £4m in wages for a 32 year old who is playing in the EFL with one year left on his contract? Not a chance in hell pal. I said it a year ago when nobody wanted to even take him on loan, that he would see out his contract and go for nothing to set up a final payday, and that is what will happen. The only upside is that he will have to perform for us this season to get the best deal he can.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 23:48 - Sep 3 with 2403 viewsReslovenSwan1

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 22:11 - Sep 3 by Garyjack

What transfer fee? Do you seriously believe that anyone is going to pay £6m and £4m in wages for a 32 year old who is playing in the EFL with one year left on his contract? Not a chance in hell pal. I said it a year ago when nobody wanted to even take him on loan, that he would see out his contract and go for nothing to set up a final payday, and that is what will happen. The only upside is that he will have to perform for us this season to get the best deal he can.

He is a class player and regular goalscorer and hard working to boot. These players do not fall out of trees.

Kindly give me a list of 5 experienced forward players of quality that can be picked up for £5m who score in excess of 15 goals in the championship. Any club offering a three year deal would not have to match his current bunce. Llorente did OK and was older.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 22:34 - Sep 4 with 2260 viewsGaryjack

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 23:48 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

He is a class player and regular goalscorer and hard working to boot. These players do not fall out of trees.

Kindly give me a list of 5 experienced forward players of quality that can be picked up for £5m who score in excess of 15 goals in the championship. Any club offering a three year deal would not have to match his current bunce. Llorente did OK and was older.

Why are you asking me for a list of 5 players? That's a little bizarre don't you think? Look, i'm not interested in making comparisons with other players, that would only serve to send us in a never ending circle of pointless debate.
I'm simply attempting to put across the situation of Andre Ayew. 15 goals and a hard working player in the Championship does not warrant anyone investing the type of money you are talking about in a 32 yr old player, who we couldn't shift out on loan last season, and who stank in his last top flight season in Turkey at Fenerbahce where he was booed off the pitch in his final game.
We also have to look at things from Ayew's point. Do i pick up my £4m in wages from Swansea this season then leave on a free, and get the best deal i can and a nice signing on fee, maybe MLS or China. Or let Swansea get a transfer fee for me and settle for a lower wage? It's a no brainer don't you think?

And Llorente left us when he was 32 (same age as Ayew is now). And according to Wiki has scored 5 goals in 53 appearances for Spurs and Napoli.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 11:49 - Sep 5 with 2152 viewsNortbankboy

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 22:34 - Sep 4 by Garyjack

Why are you asking me for a list of 5 players? That's a little bizarre don't you think? Look, i'm not interested in making comparisons with other players, that would only serve to send us in a never ending circle of pointless debate.
I'm simply attempting to put across the situation of Andre Ayew. 15 goals and a hard working player in the Championship does not warrant anyone investing the type of money you are talking about in a 32 yr old player, who we couldn't shift out on loan last season, and who stank in his last top flight season in Turkey at Fenerbahce where he was booed off the pitch in his final game.
We also have to look at things from Ayew's point. Do i pick up my £4m in wages from Swansea this season then leave on a free, and get the best deal i can and a nice signing on fee, maybe MLS or China. Or let Swansea get a transfer fee for me and settle for a lower wage? It's a no brainer don't you think?

And Llorente left us when he was 32 (same age as Ayew is now). And according to Wiki has scored 5 goals in 53 appearances for Spurs and Napoli.

I think Ayer would be a bargain for £5 mill.
Just like his brother who was also a bargain for palace.
Although Jordan was not rated by our fans,I think he won player of the season next
For palace.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 13:14 - Sep 5 with 2118 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 11:49 - Sep 5 by Nortbankboy

I think Ayer would be a bargain for £5 mill.
Just like his brother who was also a bargain for palace.
Although Jordan was not rated by our fans,I think he won player of the season next
For palace.

If the fee was £5M that would only be the start. He would want a signing on fee/wages to at least improve on the reported £80K a week that we are paying him. Two year contract would probably be the minimum he’d want so £13M is the lowest it would cost any interested club. I think we’d let him go for nothing to get him off the wage bill.

I doubt that the queue for his services is a long one.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 13:38 - Sep 5 with 2097 viewsReslovenSwan1

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 13:14 - Sep 5 by Joe_bradshaw

If the fee was £5M that would only be the start. He would want a signing on fee/wages to at least improve on the reported £80K a week that we are paying him. Two year contract would probably be the minimum he’d want so £13M is the lowest it would cost any interested club. I think we’d let him go for nothing to get him off the wage bill.

I doubt that the queue for his services is a long one.

JB you are starting the hate trail once more. Its bogus. This time last season the sages on forums were telling us he was a 'mercenary waster' who like his brother would not break sweat for Swansea. A completely false narrative. Ayew A player of the season for Swansea Ayew J player of the season for Palace. Ayew A has grafted hard to get back oto the top table after a couple of disappointing seasons one affected by injury.

He will be very keen on a PL return to finish off his career so will not make outrageous demands. Obviously his agent will do his best for the player. Neither do a PL team need to pay the full salary if they offer a 3 year deal on 50k-60k a week. I challenged the other poster to name 5 alternatives at £5m. He/she did not accept the challenge.

Ayew has the class that can adapt. Look at the calamity centre forwards at Newcastle, Villa and West Ham. Consider this list of expensive flops. Sammatta Trequez Wesley (Villa), Joellinton Carroll Muto (Newcaste), Solanke (Bournmeouth) Haller Yarmalenko (West ham), McGoldrick, Mousett Robinson (Sheff utd) and many more have barely scored a goal.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 14:25 - Sep 5 with 2072 viewsdobjack2

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 13:38 - Sep 5 by ReslovenSwan1

JB you are starting the hate trail once more. Its bogus. This time last season the sages on forums were telling us he was a 'mercenary waster' who like his brother would not break sweat for Swansea. A completely false narrative. Ayew A player of the season for Swansea Ayew J player of the season for Palace. Ayew A has grafted hard to get back oto the top table after a couple of disappointing seasons one affected by injury.

He will be very keen on a PL return to finish off his career so will not make outrageous demands. Obviously his agent will do his best for the player. Neither do a PL team need to pay the full salary if they offer a 3 year deal on 50k-60k a week. I challenged the other poster to name 5 alternatives at £5m. He/she did not accept the challenge.

Ayew has the class that can adapt. Look at the calamity centre forwards at Newcastle, Villa and West Ham. Consider this list of expensive flops. Sammatta Trequez Wesley (Villa), Joellinton Carroll Muto (Newcaste), Solanke (Bournmeouth) Haller Yarmalenko (West ham), McGoldrick, Mousett Robinson (Sheff utd) and many more have barely scored a goal.

Any transfer depends on what offers, if any, are made and whether Ayew wants to accept one; he is in the driving seat to a great degree. Not his fault that we gave him a contract that constituted a massive gamble in a bid to avoid relegation.

If he is still here I have no doubt that he will put a shift in up until the winter window closes.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 14:41 - Sep 5 with 2066 viewsReslovenSwan1

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 14:25 - Sep 5 by dobjack2

Any transfer depends on what offers, if any, are made and whether Ayew wants to accept one; he is in the driving seat to a great degree. Not his fault that we gave him a contract that constituted a massive gamble in a bid to avoid relegation.

If he is still here I have no doubt that he will put a shift in up until the winter window closes.

Callum Wilson poor last season 28 years old. Averaged 8 goals a season in the PL for 5 seasons. Injury prone. Offer £21m rejected wages comparable with Ayew.

Ollie Watkins 23 ? one good season in Champioship as a striker. Completely untested at PL level £25m. Big gamble.

Ayew 31. Former African player of the year. Off the back of a good season in the championship. Workaholic. £5m. Wages comparable with others. Villa and Newcastle interested in Callum and Watkins to add to their 4 or 5 forward duffers.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 14:55 - Sep 5 with 2057 viewsdobjack2

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 14:41 - Sep 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Callum Wilson poor last season 28 years old. Averaged 8 goals a season in the PL for 5 seasons. Injury prone. Offer £21m rejected wages comparable with Ayew.

Ollie Watkins 23 ? one good season in Champioship as a striker. Completely untested at PL level £25m. Big gamble.

Ayew 31. Former African player of the year. Off the back of a good season in the championship. Workaholic. £5m. Wages comparable with others. Villa and Newcastle interested in Callum and Watkins to add to their 4 or 5 forward duffers.

Don’t disagree.

Wilson - seen as an established premier league player so despite his poor stats some managers will see him as a fair gamble. Won’t want a drop in wages.

Watkins- leading goalscorers in the championship who are not on loan will always be a target.

Ayew I would have thought would be a potential target for lower half/promoted clubs however I suspect he would need to take a cut in wages to be affordable for them as he will have no resale value.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 15:22 - Sep 5 with 2035 viewsjasper_T

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 14:41 - Sep 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Think clubs will remember his poor spell in Turkey, so Andre's on "one good season in the Championship" same as Watkins, but the opposite end of his career.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 21:24 - Sep 5 with 1947 viewsGaryjack

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 13:38 - Sep 5 by ReslovenSwan1

"I challenged the other poster to name 5 alternatives at £5m. He/she did not accept the challenge."
I did not accept the challenge if that's what you wish to call it, as there is no comparison to be made with any other player due to Ayew's contract position. Though i see that you've chosen to make the comparison yourself and failed spectacularly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024