Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) 19:20 - Sep 2 with 1012 viewsSwansea_Sam

Premier League newcomers Leeds United are interested in signing Swansea City centre-back Ben Cabango.

The Cardiff-born defender, 20, who has been called up by Ryan Giggs for the Wales squad to face Finland and Bulgaria in the Nations League, joined the Swans at 14 and has made 23 first-team appearances, including 20 Championship starts last season.

An approach has not been made yet, but Leeds director of football Victor Orta is known to be an admirer of Cabango, who made his senior debut for The New Saints during a loan spell in 2018-19.
Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 19:54 - Sep 2 with 954 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Can see Leeds going for more of a heads-up, ball playing pacey CB, such as Wilmot, ahead of Cabango.
Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 23:40 - Sep 2 with 757 viewsKilkennyjack

Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 19:54 - Sep 2 by KarlHRummenigge

Can see Leeds going for more of a heads-up, ball playing pacey CB, such as Wilmot, ahead of Cabango.

Cabango has far more raw talent, and will improve further with more games.

Cabango been bullied in the air for goals vs Fulham and Luton, so not the finished article.

A great first season, and bags of potential for me.

GreaT to watch Ben develop further.

Beware of the Risen People

Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 11:56 - Sep 5 with 441 viewsNortbankboy

Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 19:54 - Sep 2 by KarlHRummenigge

I'd rather have Cabango than wilmot.
More potential
Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 12:22 - Sep 5 with 422 viewsdobjack2

Ben needs game time, not being 4th choice at Leeds.

If they are interested this is probably a long game of trying to unsettle a player through the papers.
Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 12:59 - Sep 5 with 402 viewsjasper_T

Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 12:22 - Sep 5 by dobjack2

Ben needs game time, not being 4th choice at Leeds.

If they are interested this is probably a long game of trying to unsettle a player through the papers.

Better 4th choice there than here though I'd imagine, given they're playing Cat 1 u23s football now. Cooper says he's looking to bring in another centre half ahead of Ben after all.
Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 13:15 - Sep 5 with 384 viewsdobjack2

Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 12:59 - Sep 5 by jasper_T

Better 4th choice there than here though I'd imagine, given they're playing Cat 1 u23s football now. Cooper says he's looking to bring in another centre half ahead of Ben after all.

Fair point - he needs first team game time.

His comments regarding Kieffer Moore were a bit naive and he needs to learn ways to deal with a bigger awkward opponent.
Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 16:46 - Sep 5 with 335 viewsjackrmee

Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 12:59 - Sep 5 by jasper_T

Hang on...I'm sure you've been going on about how cat1 means nothing and we would hardly notice the difference if we downgrade and it's not worth the money?
Now you're saying that one of our youngsters would be better off moving to be 4th choice, as they have cat1 academy.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 17:03 - Sep 5 with 313 viewsjasper_T

Leeds United interested in Swansea City centre-back (Yorkshire Evening Post) on 16:46 - Sep 5 by jackrmee

Hang on...I'm sure you've been going on about how cat1 means nothing and we would hardly notice the difference if we downgrade and it's not worth the money?
Now you're saying that one of our youngsters would be better off moving to be 4th choice, as they have cat1 academy.

If he's not going to play for either first team it matters. With Cooper saying he wants to bring in another centre half to compete with Rodon and Guehi why not move up, get paid, and spend this season playing a higher level of football than PDL? Big step down for Cabango after 21 Championship games and a Wales cap, hard to argue that if Leeds interest is genuine (not sure, personally) it wouldn't be in his best interest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024