Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 02:37 - Sep 5 with 7262 viewsNotLoyal

League Cup first round, Rodney Parade. Gwent
Kick off 3pm
Referee Kevin Johnson, Gloucestershire.

TV
ifollow Newport County £10
Swans TV, UK only £10

Betfair odds
Newport 18/5
Swansea 3/4
Draw 3/1

The last time The Swans and County met in the League cup was over two legs with Swansea City winning 6-2 on aggregate.
12 Aug 1978 Newport County v Swansea City W 2-1 League Cup
15 Aug 1978 Swansea City v Newport County L 5-0 League Cup

The first time the clubs met was in 1921 at Newport in Division Three South with the match being drawn 1-1. The last time was in the FL Trophy with the Swans U23 winning 2-1 away.

Newport County & Swansea City team news
County have had a busy window with the signings of striker Ryan Taylor from Plymouth, David Longe-King from St Albans City, Saikou Janneh from Bristol City and right-back Liam Shephard from fellow League Two side Forest Green Rovers.
With the losses of Brewster and club captain Mike Van Der Hoorn, Swansea have bolstered their squad with the signing of winger Jamal Lowe, Korey Smith from Bristol City, resigning Freddie Woodman from Newcastle and Marc Guehi from Chelsea on loan and a further loan signing of Wolves midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White.
Both squads could be full of debutants come Saturday at Rodney Parade.

ONE TO WATCH
Morgan Gibbs-White
SWANSEA CITY

Midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White is one of the most promising young players in English football, having won both the Championship with Wolves and the Under-17 World Cup with England in 2017.

The 20-year-old has made 53 appearances for Wolves so far, and scored his first goal for the club in August 2019 during the clubs Europa League qualifier with FC Pyunik.

Gibbs-White will be hoping he can establish himself as a first-team regular this season, and that could start with a debut this weekend.

Updates to follow. Join in Jacks and enjoy the game.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 2:46]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 08:02 - Sep 5 with 2291 viewsbuilthjack

You are doing a good job Loyal

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 08:39 - Sep 5 with 2274 viewsFireboy2

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 08:02 - Sep 5 by builthjack

No it's not, its sh!t, not a patch on jack rabbits🤣
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:33 - Sep 5 with 2249 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Big big game.

Intriguing how Cooper sets up for this one (3 or 4 at the back). Many believe he'll revert to type with the 4, but if ever there was an opportunity to make a statement of intent it would be today - if he doesn't go for 3 against Newport, we'll know where he stands this term.

Should be a cracker
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:00 - Sep 5 with 2228 viewsChief

Going to be a tough game with us being threadbare.

Woodman

Bidwell
Rodon (is he fit to start?)
Cam Evans?
Naughton
Routledge

Smith
Grimes (Will he be risked?)
MgW

Lowe
Ayew

subs: Benda, Rushesha, ????, Fulton, Dhanda, Peterson, Asoro

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:07 - Sep 5 with 2220 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 08:39 - Sep 5 by Fireboy2

Thank you for your comments, very inspiring 😂

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:47 - Sep 5 with 2196 viewsBadlands

Anyone stumping up £10 for this?
I'm determined not to but come 2:59 I can see myself changing my mind.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:16 - Sep 5 with 2172 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 08:02 - Sep 5 by builthjack

Seconded - well done Loyal mate

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:18 - Sep 5 with 2163 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:47 - Sep 5 by Badlands

Do it! I’m going to. I’ll get some cobra in and ring a curry through at full time . Be singing naked on the roof again come half 8

Login to get fewer ads

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:20 - Sep 5 with 2163 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:47 - Sep 5 by Badlands

Definitely, the more the merrier, for us and both clubs who share the proceeds.

Looking forward to the Wyndham & Curt show, hopefully
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:24 - Sep 5 with 2160 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Let’s leave jack rabbit where he is - with his head up Darrans fundament 😹

Mods please pin this thread

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:12 - Sep 5 with 2115 viewsNortbankboy

I hope Cooper picks a big strong physical team for this game.
Because Flynn Newport will be trying to rough us up.
That's for sure
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:19 - Sep 5 with 2111 views1983

Gutted no fans for this a nice sunny day on the piss in Newpaaaart is always a lively affair.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:38 - Sep 5 with 2098 viewsBadlands

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:12 - Sep 5 by Nortbankboy

I hope Cooper picks a big strong physical team for this game.
Because Flynn Newport will be trying to rough us up.
That's for sure

I'd leave Rodon out - another injury and he's no value to us.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:48 - Sep 5 with 2083 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:19 - Sep 5 by 1983

Gutted no fans for this a nice sunny day on the piss in Newpaaaart is always a lively affair.

There are many stories and memories 😉

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:58 - Sep 5 with 2070 viewsNotLoyal

If the game is drawn after 90 minutes, straight to penalty shoot out.

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:00 - Sep 5 with 2067 viewsjasper_T

Leave out the betting odds in the next thread tia.
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:01 - Sep 5 with 2065 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:00 - Sep 5 by jasper_T

Leave out the betting odds in the next thread tia.

Any reason?

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:10 - Sep 5 with 2050 views1983

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:48 - Sep 5 by NotLoyal

There are many stories and memories 😉

First and only time I went to Somerton Park was circa 1987 as we came out of the tunnel pulling into the train station half of the the train was bombard with bottles and stones and then they tried to get into the station through the police and that was the setting for the rest of the day, they have some nutters fair do's like
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 13:10]

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:18 - Sep 5 with 2038 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:10 - Sep 5 by 1983

First and only time I went to Somerton Park was circa 1987 as we came out of the tunnel pulling into the train station half of the the train was bombard with bottles and stones and then they tried to get into the station through the police and that was the setting for the rest of the day, they have some nutters fair do's like
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 13:10]

The fa Cup game in 2006 was a shock for them 😜

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:19 - Sep 5 with 2034 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:20 - Sep 5 by KarlHRummenigge

Definitely, the more the merrier, for us and both clubs who share the proceeds.

Looking forward to the Wyndham & Curt show, hopefully

Club legend Wyndham Evans will join Anthony O'Connell to provide live match commentary as the Swans look to progress to the second round of the competition.

The live stream will be a single camera operation with replays and match graphics.

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:08 - Sep 5 with 1963 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman, Wayne Routledge, Joe Rodon, Jay Fulton, Kyle Naughton, Jake Bidwell, Matt Grimes (capt), Korey Smith, Morgan Gibbs-White, Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Subs: Steven Benda, Tivonge Rushesha, Cameron Evans, Joel Asoro, Kristoffer Peterson, Yan Dhanda, Daniel Williams.

Newport County: Nick Townsend, Ryan Haynes, Kyle Howkins, Joss Labadie (capt), Matt Dolan, Josh Sheehan, Tristan Abrahams, Scott Twine, Lewis Collins, Micky Demetriou, Liam Shephard.

Subs: Tom King, Ash Baker, Robbie Willmott, Padraig Amond, Saikou Janneh, Ryan Taylor, Joe Woodiwiss.

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:42 - Sep 5 with 1879 viewsFireboy2

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:07 - Sep 5 by NotLoyal

Thank you for your comments, very inspiring 😂

You are very very welcome my friend 😁

Btw good effort👍
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:42 - Sep 5 with 1879 viewsCountyJim

Should be a cracker

Good luck for the season except today
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:58 - Sep 5 with 1814 viewsjasper_T

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:01 - Sep 5 by NotLoyal

Any reason?

It's useless information, and if you want to advertise betting sites I hope you're getting paid for it.
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:06 - Sep 5 with 1758 viewsbuilthjack

I said good. Jack Harris was brilliant

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024