Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 02:37 - Sep 5 with 7287 viewsNotLoyal

League Cup first round, Rodney Parade. Gwent
Kick off 3pm
Referee Kevin Johnson, Gloucestershire.

TV
ifollow Newport County £10
Swans TV, UK only £10

Betfair odds
Newport 18/5
Swansea 3/4
Draw 3/1

The last time The Swans and County met in the League cup was over two legs with Swansea City winning 6-2 on aggregate.
12 Aug 1978 Newport County v Swansea City W 2-1 League Cup
15 Aug 1978 Swansea City v Newport County L 5-0 League Cup

The first time the clubs met was in 1921 at Newport in Division Three South with the match being drawn 1-1. The last time was in the FL Trophy with the Swans U23 winning 2-1 away.

Newport County & Swansea City team news
County have had a busy window with the signings of striker Ryan Taylor from Plymouth, David Longe-King from St Albans City, Saikou Janneh from Bristol City and right-back Liam Shephard from fellow League Two side Forest Green Rovers.
With the losses of Brewster and club captain Mike Van Der Hoorn, Swansea have bolstered their squad with the signing of winger Jamal Lowe, Korey Smith from Bristol City, resigning Freddie Woodman from Newcastle and Marc Guehi from Chelsea on loan and a further loan signing of Wolves midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White.
Both squads could be full of debutants come Saturday at Rodney Parade.

ONE TO WATCH
Morgan Gibbs-White
SWANSEA CITY

Midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White is one of the most promising young players in English football, having won both the Championship with Wolves and the Under-17 World Cup with England in 2017.

The 20-year-old has made 53 appearances for Wolves so far, and scored his first goal for the club in August 2019 during the clubs Europa League qualifier with FC Pyunik.

Gibbs-White will be hoping he can establish himself as a first-team regular this season, and that could start with a debut this weekend.

Updates to follow. Join in Jacks and enjoy the game.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 2:46]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:05 - Sep 5 with 1359 viewsowainglyndwr

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:57 - Sep 5 by NotLoyal

He should concentrate on his pile of rubbish losing 1-0 at Northampton.

He said Scumdiff are unlucky.
However we are being outplayed
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:11 - Sep 5 with 1301 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Excellent by Ayew. Coulda scored, we’ve upped the tempo, finally

Good seeing Rodon driving from deep
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:17 - Sep 5 with 1236 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:05 - Sep 5 by owainglyndwr

Well he would say that, however we are just unable to get beyond their back four, one goal could see them buckle.

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:19 - Sep 5 with 1214 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The only voice I can hear and have heard all game on the sidelines seems to be Flynn

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:20 - Sep 5 with 1206 viewstheloneranger

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:05 - Sep 5 by owainglyndwr

They really are unlucky ...

Northampton 3 v 0 C**diff 😂😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:23 - Sep 5 with 1187 viewsAnotherJohn

Offside flag raised as Routledge puts the ball in the net.
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:24 - Sep 5 with 1175 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:23 - Sep 5 by AnotherJohn

Offside flag raised as Routledge puts the ball in the net.

That’s a pass we haven’t seen in a long while - such a shame he was off. Great through ball

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:25 - Sep 5 with 1166 viewsNotLoyal

That was a very close decision.

OK I've changed it.

Login to get fewer ads

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:25 - Sep 5 with 1163 viewsjasper_T

Sheehan & Shephard, they left cause we're sht
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:26 - Sep 5 with 1147 viewsKarlHRummenigge

This is far better

Need to keep on upping the tempo as they tire.

Routs doing alright but may be time for Asoro and Dhanda for smith
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:29 - Sep 5 with 1116 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:26 - Sep 5 by KarlHRummenigge

This is far better

Need to keep on upping the tempo as they tire.

Routs doing alright but may be time for Asoro and Dhanda for smith

Perhaps Ayew should come off

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:29 - Sep 5 with 1115 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:25 - Sep 5 by jasper_T

“We’re sht” or were ?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 16:30]
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:29 - Sep 5 with 1108 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:25 - Sep 5 by jasper_T

Really ... ?
You mean they left because they were not good enough, obviously.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 16:32]

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Sep 5 with 1047 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:58 - Sep 5 by jasper_T

It's useless information, and if you want to advertise betting sites I hope you're getting paid for it.

Useless to you, you mean.
Getting paid for it 😂

All I asked was ‘ the reason’ no need for you to reply in that way.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 16:38]

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:37 - Sep 5 with 1008 viewsAnotherJohn

Grimes clips the outside of the post - as close as we've come.
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:39 - Sep 5 with 974 viewsNotLoyal

Another shot goes wide. Asoro.

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:39 - Sep 5 with 973 viewsAnotherJohn

Asoro shoots hard and low, but just wide.
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:40 - Sep 5 with 962 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Lovely combination with Dhanda and Asoro

But we need our defensive and midfield lines to push up so Ayew is not having to come so deep
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:44 - Sep 5 with 893 viewsNotLoyal

I’ve got to say the game is looking lost.
Preston away isn’t filling me with enthusiasm.

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:45 - Sep 5 with 872 viewsjasper_T

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Sep 5 by NotLoyal

Useless to you, you mean.
Getting paid for it 😂

All I asked was ‘ the reason’ no need for you to reply in that way.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 16:38]

Betting sites are scum, that's my reason. Talking about odds as if they matter is advertising. Should be banned from football.
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:48 - Sep 5 with 839 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:44 - Sep 5 by NotLoyal

Indeed. Unless this is a cunning ploy to get unnecessary cup games out of the way until January. Don’t like losing though, especially to another Welsh team

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:49 - Sep 5 with 828 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:45 - Sep 5 by jasper_T

Betting sites are scum, that's my reason. Talking about odds as if they matter is advertising. Should be banned from football.

Oh right ...
Lost your usual genial posting style, may I apologise on behalf of my fingers for their attempts to include everyone in today’s thread. It didn’t seem to be a problem when JH was doing it. Not that I intend to keep this up, so you may get your way.

Although I wouldn’t bet on it.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 16:52]

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:49 - Sep 5 with 823 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:44 - Sep 5 by NotLoyal

Tenner down the drain

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:50 - Sep 5 with 818 viewsJack59

It was a miracle that we got into the play offs last season with such a weak midfield. It looks like it could be a lot worse this year, especially without Brewster to get some goals for us.
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:50 - Sep 5 with 816 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Dhanda should not be rolling his foot over the ball, and playIng it backwards in that position in the 88th minute
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024