Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So much for Vaccines. 12:41 - Sep 7 with 5062 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This is what happens when the creators and manufacturers get it wrong.

https://apnews.com/619efb65b9eeec5650f011b960a152e9

Sudanese kids being given polio by the very vaccine that is supposed to protect them.
It appears the Gates foundation is involved.
Who would trust their COVID-19 vaccine?
So much for Vaccines. on 17:41 - Sep 7 with 2294 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Vaccines have eradicated smallpox, polio in all countries except two, vastly reduced mumps, rubella measles.
Guess there will always be a few people like the vacine deniers who think otherwise.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

So much for Vaccines. on 18:39 - Sep 7 with 2282 viewscontroversial_jack

So much for Vaccines. on 17:41 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

Vaccines have eradicated smallpox, polio in all countries except two, vastly reduced mumps, rubella measles.
Guess there will always be a few people like the vacine deniers who think otherwise.

No they didn't. They were already getting under control before vaccines were introduced, because of improved living condition etc.The introduction of vaccines hasn't made any significant contribution to fighting diseases
So much for Vaccines. on 19:46 - Sep 7 with 2256 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So much for Vaccines. on 17:41 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

I am not saying that vaccines in general do not work, except for when they don't.
Like anything else, but the consequences when they don't can be very distressing.
So much for Vaccines. on 19:57 - Sep 7 with 2246 viewsProfessor

So much for Vaccines. on 19:46 - Sep 7 by A_Fans_Dad

I am not saying that vaccines in general do not work, except for when they don't.
Like anything else, but the consequences when they don't can be very distressing.

The polio story is an interesting one.
As you may have read the vaccine has now eradicated the ‘wild’ polio virus. There are still around 100-200 cases of paralysis from a vaccine strain each year. Many people will also recall there are two main vaccines-the inactivated Salk vaccine and the live attenuated (reduced virulence) Sabin vaccine. The current version of the latter has three forms of the virus. Unfortunately none is not fully stable and can ‘revert’ to partial virulence. However the Sabin vaccine is much more effective
And has been key to the control of polio. There is a new safer and stable variant close to licence, this should offer protection against the revertant which is now circulating in some areas.
Reversion is a problem in viral vaccines but far less in newer vaccines - as the Sabin vaccine is about 60 years old.

The Oxford Covid vaccine is very different- does not involve a live coronavirus.
So much for Vaccines. on 20:06 - Sep 7 with 2236 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So much for Vaccines. on 19:57 - Sep 7 by Professor

The polio story is an interesting one.
As you may have read the vaccine has now eradicated the ‘wild’ polio virus. There are still around 100-200 cases of paralysis from a vaccine strain each year. Many people will also recall there are two main vaccines-the inactivated Salk vaccine and the live attenuated (reduced virulence) Sabin vaccine. The current version of the latter has three forms of the virus. Unfortunately none is not fully stable and can ‘revert’ to partial virulence. However the Sabin vaccine is much more effective
And has been key to the control of polio. There is a new safer and stable variant close to licence, this should offer protection against the revertant which is now circulating in some areas.
Reversion is a problem in viral vaccines but far less in newer vaccines - as the Sabin vaccine is about 60 years old.

The Oxford Covid vaccine is very different- does not involve a live coronavirus.

I did not mention Oxford, but I did mention the Gates Foundation, which is apparently involved in the Sudan story.
Who are also developing a COVID-19 vaccine, which I would not trust.
So much for Vaccines. on 20:18 - Sep 7 with 2222 viewsProfessor

So much for Vaccines. on 20:06 - Sep 7 by A_Fans_Dad

I did not mention Oxford, but I did mention the Gates Foundation, which is apparently involved in the Sudan story.
Who are also developing a COVID-19 vaccine, which I would not trust.

The polio vaccine is just ‘old’ and far from ideal. The Gates Foundation do many good things. Sometimes not always the best choice as it is their choice.
So much for Vaccines. on 21:07 - Sep 7 with 2183 viewsfelixstowe_jack

So much for Vaccines. on 18:39 - Sep 7 by controversial_jack

No they didn't. They were already getting under control before vaccines were introduced, because of improved living condition etc.The introduction of vaccines hasn't made any significant contribution to fighting diseases

Yes the did. Smallpox was one of the world deadliest diseases. One in three people who caught it died. Since Jenner's vacine has been eradicated one country at a time. The same with polio has been eradicated in all but two countries and most of those countries had poor hygiene. Mumps measles and rubella increasing in UK despite good hygiene mainly as a result of discredited report by one doctor who was struck off for lying in his research. Unfortunately a lot of gullible parents in the UK did not get their children vaccinated and infections sadly are rising.
Why do some idiots believe this anti vaccine nonsense.

So much for Vaccines. on 21:09 - Sep 7 with 2177 viewsfelixstowe_jack

So much for Vaccines. on 19:46 - Sep 7 by A_Fans_Dad

But never as bad as the actual disease which kills and causes long term side effects far more people than the rare exceptions the vaccine causes.

Login to get fewer ads

So much for Vaccines. on 22:31 - Sep 7 with 2140 viewsProfessor

So much for Vaccines. on 21:07 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

Yes the did. Smallpox was one of the world deadliest diseases. One in three people who caught it died. Since Jenner's vacine has been eradicated one country at a time. The same with polio has been eradicated in all but two countries and most of those countries had poor hygiene. Mumps measles and rubella increasing in UK despite good hygiene mainly as a result of discredited report by one doctor who was struck off for lying in his research. Unfortunately a lot of gullible parents in the UK did not get their children vaccinated and infections sadly are rising.

The Jenner House and Museum in Berkley near Gloucester is very interesting FJ

https://jennermuseum.com/

Closed for this year sadly. Jenner also faced anti-Vaxxers
Back in the 18th century. Castle in the village too.
So much for Vaccines. on 22:34 - Sep 7 with 2138 viewscontroversial_jack

You can do some research, and it will show you that mortality rates for almost every infectious disease dropped consistently before any vaccinations were introduced and showed no great change after they were introduced

The US never had a TB vaccine, yet the disease declined the same as it did in other countries
So much for Vaccines. on 22:44 - Sep 7 with 2132 viewshowenjack

So much for Vaccines. on 22:31 - Sep 7 by Professor

Berkley castle -where Edward the 2nd allegedly met a very sticky end , courtesy of a red hot poker . He had a lot to answer for did Piers Gaveston.
So much for Vaccines. on 23:15 - Sep 7 with 2108 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So much for Vaccines. on 22:31 - Sep 7 by Professor

Speaking of history, I have a bone to pick with you.
If my memory serves, you were one of those ridiculing my efforts to get people to take notice of the immunity that Vitamin D provides against viral infections.
What I didn't know at the time was this has been well known in the UK medical profession since the 1950s, nothing new at all.
It was re-confrimed in 2006 and 2008.
I wonder why it has been forgotten, hiden, supressed or whatever.
So much for Vaccines. on 23:46 - Sep 7 with 2094 viewsDJack

I'm not your greatest fan, as you are probably aware, but this ia a really good post from you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

So much for Vaccines. on 01:01 - Sep 8 with 2072 viewsHighjack

So much for Vaccines. on 22:44 - Sep 7 by howenjack

Berkley castle -where Edward the 2nd allegedly met a very sticky end , courtesy of a red hot poker . He had a lot to answer for did Piers Gaveston.

He definitely met a sticky end but that poker story is a myth, and you think Gaveston had it bad, read what they did to Hugh Despenser!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

So much for Vaccines. on 06:46 - Sep 8 with 2005 viewshowenjack

So much for Vaccines. on 01:01 - Sep 8 by Highjack

He definitely met a sticky end but that poker story is a myth, and you think Gaveston had it bad, read what they did to Hugh Despenser!

Gaveston brought it on himself by flaunting things and Edward was stupid enough to go along with it .The barons were never going to stand for it . Yes I know Hugh Despenser was captured with Edward fleeing Caerphilly Castle? I think .he was taken to Hereford market place and hung drawn and quartered . Edward's estranged wife watched the whole thing gleefully , while having lunch , from a grandstand seat ! Are you sure the hot poker story is a myth ?? I have an historic cigarette card from the thirties that even mentions it on the back ! Regicide without any obvious evidence ?? Who knows.
So much for Vaccines. on 07:30 - Sep 8 with 1983 viewsBest_loser

People don't trust vaccines that have been through years of testing, they aren't going to trust one that's been rushed through in a couple of months, especially in the USA

Covid is still a mystery, half don't get symptoms, I don't see a vaccine changing things much ,

As for economies, the damage is done
So much for Vaccines. on 07:35 - Sep 8 with 1978 viewsScotia

So much for Vaccines. on 23:15 - Sep 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Speaking of history, I have a bone to pick with you.
If my memory serves, you were one of those ridiculing my efforts to get people to take notice of the immunity that Vitamin D provides against viral infections.
What I didn't know at the time was this has been well known in the UK medical profession since the 1950s, nothing new at all.
It was re-confrimed in 2006 and 2008.
I wonder why it has been forgotten, hiden, supressed or whatever.

It hasn't been forgotten.
So much for Vaccines. on 09:04 - Sep 8 with 1953 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So much for Vaccines. on 07:35 - Sep 8 by Scotia

It hasn't been forgotten.

Then why isn't it first on the list of ways to protect yourself from COVID-19?
So much for Vaccines. on 09:10 - Sep 8 with 1950 viewsScotia

So much for Vaccines. on 09:04 - Sep 8 by A_Fans_Dad

Then why isn't it first on the list of ways to protect yourself from COVID-19?

Because it shouldn't be.
So much for Vaccines. on 09:19 - Sep 8 with 1947 viewsProfessor

So much for Vaccines. on 09:10 - Sep 8 by Scotia

Because it shouldn't be.

It won’t. It is absolutely needed for proper immune function as are many micronutrients like zinc and selenium. Supplements have been recommended as people shielding or with poor diets (especially elderly). Too little vitamin D makes you more susceptible. But taking vast quantities over RDA will not ‘boost ‘immune function . A decent diet with meat and dairy along with some sunshine is enough for most. There is a good argument for taking some in Winter. It’s not going to stop infections, but makes sense for vulnerable groups to take some but only the RDA. Badly reported.
So much for Vaccines. on 09:35 - Sep 8 with 1933 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So much for Vaccines. on 09:19 - Sep 8 by Professor

It won’t. It is absolutely needed for proper immune function as are many micronutrients like zinc and selenium. Supplements have been recommended as people shielding or with poor diets (especially elderly). Too little vitamin D makes you more susceptible. But taking vast quantities over RDA will not ‘boost ‘immune function . A decent diet with meat and dairy along with some sunshine is enough for most. There is a good argument for taking some in Winter. It’s not going to stop infections, but makes sense for vulnerable groups to take some but only the RDA. Badly reported.

There you go, calling those doctors either liars or incompetent.
Which is it, or do you believe it is both?
The stupid MSM keep repeating the government and NHS "we don't know why BAME people are more susceptible" when it has been known since the 1950s.
All the studies show that the vast majority of patients with bad outcomes with COVID-19 are Vitamin D deficient and I mean deficient not just a bit low.
Note that the there is no data provided by the government on those same statistics.
So much for Vaccines. on 09:37 - Sep 8 with 1932 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So much for Vaccines. on 09:10 - Sep 8 by Scotia

Because it shouldn't be.

I didn't realise that you were a medical professional with the qualifications and experience to contradict other medical professionals who do have it and have conducted the requisite studies.
So much for Vaccines. on 10:05 - Sep 8 with 1919 viewsScotia

So much for Vaccines. on 09:37 - Sep 8 by A_Fans_Dad

I didn't realise that you were a medical professional with the qualifications and experience to contradict other medical professionals who do have it and have conducted the requisite studies.

I'm not. You don't really need to be do you?
So much for Vaccines. on 10:52 - Sep 8 with 1906 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So much for Vaccines. on 10:05 - Sep 8 by Scotia

I'm not. You don't really need to be do you?

To contradict medical papers you either need to be a medical professional or point out where the medical papers are wrong.
You did neither.
So much for Vaccines. on 10:56 - Sep 8 with 1898 viewsScotia

So much for Vaccines. on 10:52 - Sep 8 by A_Fans_Dad

To contradict medical papers you either need to be a medical professional or point out where the medical papers are wrong.
You did neither.

You said "Why isn't it first on the list of ways to protect yourself from Covid". I'm not contradicting medical papers or medical professionals, I'm contradicting you.

Do you think we should pop down to poundworld, pick up some supplements and go back to normal?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024