Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? 03:44 - Sep 10 with 3043 viewsChief

The optimism I had around a fortnight ago has pretty much evaporated:
- Sold our most technically gifted midfielder for peanuts (and at a loss).
- Our captain is seemingly next to leave.
- We only have 3 proper CBs (1 had a bad run of injuries recently).
- We only have 1 recognised striker (and he's very inexperienced).
- The transfer rumours have pretty much dried up& the ones we are still linked to (Smith / Gyorkeres) appear to be for positions we shouldn't have down as priorities&they aren't even particularly inspiring signings if we did need more LBs or wingers.
- The links are some of our signings smell to me of players who can fill in more than 1 position, but particularly prolific in one's we need, increasing squad mediocrity.
- We looked way off the pace against a league 2 team last weekend.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 07:49 - Sep 10 with 2006 views34dfgdf54

Completely agree with all of the points.

We are not in a good place at all.
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 07:50 - Sep 10 with 2006 viewsangryjack

As long as the yanks are here and even more worrying cooper its getting worse cooper ain't got a clue....very lucky to get results he did last season very uninspiring
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 10:30 - Sep 10 with 1915 viewsAndyCole

Now that Birch has gone, Cooper may be revelling in his power glory. Scary thought.

Let's hope Winter comes sooner than later (Indian summer, aside)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 11:20 - Sep 10 with 1872 viewsKerouac

I have all of the same concerns Chief.

We are desperate for a Centre-back and a Striker (first XI quality players are needed as well), if we sell Grimes we will also need a first XI quality Centre-midfielder...and we kick off next week.

We have 22 recognised squad players.
Of those 22 players 3 are on Loan (Woodman, Guehi, Gibbs-White).
Of the 19 players that we actually own, 3 have barely played any first team footie (Benda, Rushesha, Cullen).
and the remaining 16 contain another 4 players who haven't quite proved themselves yet (Dhanda, Byers, Garrick, Asoro).

So then you're left with 12 we can rely on plus the 3 loan players.
Of those 15 reliable first teamers, 5 are youngsters (Rodon, Cabango, Woodman, Guehi, Gibbs-White)...and of the remaining 10 you've got Roberts and Grimes who might leave, Smith coming back from a season of injuries and Peterson who I don't believe has shown he is good enough yet.

It is worrying, we need to sign 3 x first XI quality players and we need to do this quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 12:06 - Sep 10 with 1854 viewsnantywatcher

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 11:20 - Sep 10 by Kerouac

I have all of the same concerns Chief.

We are desperate for a Centre-back and a Striker (first XI quality players are needed as well), if we sell Grimes we will also need a first XI quality Centre-midfielder...and we kick off next week.

We have 22 recognised squad players.
Of those 22 players 3 are on Loan (Woodman, Guehi, Gibbs-White).
Of the 19 players that we actually own, 3 have barely played any first team footie (Benda, Rushesha, Cullen).
and the remaining 16 contain another 4 players who haven't quite proved themselves yet (Dhanda, Byers, Garrick, Asoro).

So then you're left with 12 we can rely on plus the 3 loan players.
Of those 15 reliable first teamers, 5 are youngsters (Rodon, Cabango, Woodman, Guehi, Gibbs-White)...and of the remaining 10 you've got Roberts and Grimes who might leave, Smith coming back from a season of injuries and Peterson who I don't believe has shown he is good enough yet.

It is worrying, we need to sign 3 x first XI quality players and we need to do this quickly.

."..and we kick off next week."

and we kick off in two days!!!
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 12:58 - Sep 10 with 1838 viewsKGriz16

You're all worried about hypotheticals, maybes and stuff that hasn't even happened. We've added strength to a squad which finished in the playoffs last season and finished the season on a high. We've not sold any big players, and added experience.
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 13:23 - Sep 10 with 1821 viewsTreforys_Jack

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 12:58 - Sep 10 by KGriz16

You're all worried about hypotheticals, maybes and stuff that hasn't even happened. We've added strength to a squad which finished in the playoffs last season and finished the season on a high. We've not sold any big players, and added experience.

Loving your optimism, fair play. Don't agree with hardly any of it though. Hope you're right and I'm wrong.
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 14:59 - Sep 10 with 1764 viewsChief

Are you forgetting that we don't have Wilmott, Gallagher and Brewster from last season's squad?

Plus there is obviously the prospect of some of those said players getting sold before the window shuts.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 17:14 - Sep 10 with 1658 viewsKerouac

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 14:59 - Sep 10 by Chief

Are you forgetting that we don't have Wilmott, Gallagher and Brewster from last season's squad?

Plus there is obviously the prospect of some of those said players getting sold before the window shuts.

...and Van der Hoorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 17:40 - Sep 10 with 1659 viewsChief

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 17:14 - Sep 10 by Kerouac

...and Van der Hoorn

I purposefully left him out because he didn't play a lot last season, but yea when fit probably our best defender.

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 18:35 - Sep 10 with 1623 viewsJack11

Massive season for Cullen. If he can replace Brewster’s goals then we’re effectively about on par with last seasons squad when you work it all out with incomings/outgoings and those returning from injury/loan. If not and we don’t get anyone who can score them either, then we’re in for a long old season. I’ve just got a feeling the lad is going to surprise a few this season and we’ll be ok with what we’ve got squad wise as things stand.
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 18:57 - Sep 10 with 1595 viewsBillyChong

The squad is looking thin, and the core not really strong enough. Where’s Silversteins dollars? The media were quick enough to hype up this investment.
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 19:19 - Sep 10 with 1586 viewsReslovenSwan1

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 18:57 - Sep 10 by BillyChong

The squad is looking thin, and the core not really strong enough. Where’s Silversteins dollars? The media were quick enough to hype up this investment.

Some press talk today that Brewster will return if he is not sold. Concerns will be a lot less if that happens. Silverstein and the other US owners money is to cover lost gate reciepts which are superimposed on the already hard medicine being adminisered.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 19:47 - Sep 10 with 1559 viewsCatullus

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 13:23 - Sep 10 by Treforys_Jack

Loving your optimism, fair play. Don't agree with hardly any of it though. Hope you're right and I'm wrong.

I agree with you!

I have to wonder who will pley the 10 role. Will it be Byers, as Jasper suggested it may be his best role.

It looks to me like we are heading into the first game with a weaker squad and possibly, depending on who comes in, going to have a lop sided squad again.

I was hopeful about the signing from Bristol but Jasper put that to bed. If Grimes goes we are in trouble, if Ayew goes too then unless we are willing to spend some money.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 19:58 - Sep 10 with 1550 viewsswancity

It’s not looking good

But then Cooper did well last season to strengthen via the loan market so hopefully he can do it again.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 20:31 - Sep 10 with 1522 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 07:49 - Sep 10 by 34dfgdf54

Completely agree with all of the points.

We are not in a good place at all.

With no additional faces we’re up sh*t creek

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 20:39 - Sep 10 with 1510 viewsmajorraglan

When does the transfer window close?
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 20:47 - Sep 10 with 1495 viewsAndyCole

This.

Newport nonsense aside, we have strengthened in the middle, got some wider options with Asoro/Peterson, Rodon back, 3-5-2 positive formation, new CEO to crack the whip, manager with a season of massive learning under his belt.

A Rodon, Grimes, Ayew spine is as strong as any. Woodman to mature and either/or Cullen to blossom or Brewster to return. Happy days

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 20:54 - Sep 10 with 1486 views34dfgdf54

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 19:47 - Sep 10 by Catullus

I agree with you!

I have to wonder who will pley the 10 role. Will it be Byers, as Jasper suggested it may be his best role.

It looks to me like we are heading into the first game with a weaker squad and possibly, depending on who comes in, going to have a lop sided squad again.

I was hopeful about the signing from Bristol but Jasper put that to bed. If Grimes goes we are in trouble, if Ayew goes too then unless we are willing to spend some money.

This is a make or break season for Byers.

He has/had the potential, but it just hasn't happened for him consistently. Last chance saloon I reckon here.
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 22:37 - Sep 10 with 1415 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 20:54 - Sep 10 by 34dfgdf54

This is a make or break season for Byers.

He has/had the potential, but it just hasn't happened for him consistently. Last chance saloon I reckon here.

A lot of people disagree with me but I’m yet to see what he brings to the side

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 23:33 - Sep 10 with 1390 viewsTreforys_Jack

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 22:37 - Sep 10 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm not one, fully agree, the very definition of flatters to deceive.
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 09:28 - Sep 11 with 1282 viewsCatullus

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 22:37 - Sep 10 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm with you too. All I see him do is give the ball away or give fouls away. There have been few positives but, if Jasper is right about him being better at CAM then he's yet another square peg in a round hole and if he's pushed forward we'll see what he's up to.

I was optimistic when we signed Korey Smith but it seems he's not really an improvement (according to the stats anyway) and he's injury prone apparently.

We really need a striker and until someone is signed we have to be worried, rumours do not score goals. A few EPL clubs are interested in Brewster.

We need some depth for the rough and tumble. Sometimes we are just muscled out of games. We just look a bit thin to me.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 09:49 - Sep 11 with 1274 viewsBadlands

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 20:47 - Sep 10 by AndyCole

This.

Newport nonsense aside, we have strengthened in the middle, got some wider options with Asoro/Peterson, Rodon back, 3-5-2 positive formation, new CEO to crack the whip, manager with a season of massive learning under his belt.

A Rodon, Grimes, Ayew spine is as strong as any. Woodman to mature and either/or Cullen to blossom or Brewster to return. Happy days

How can we ignore the Newport game? The first completive match of the season and we were schooled by a team two leagues below us. Had we peppered their goal and lost to break aways I'd agree it was one to forget, but we didn't. It was the same slow, narrow crud as we endured for most of last season.
We could have all the wingers in the world and would play narrow - it's how Cooer does things because it worked with his school boys.
From the evidence of last season Cooper learned nothing - changes to formation was largely down to injuries and arguments.
The players you mentioned, some are fine, but -
Rodon - I wince every time he goes in for a challenge.
Grimes has played quite well a few times but on the terraces he was being called out for his performances in almost every game before lockdown.
Woodman has been outstandingly bad in the two sessions he's had since coming back.
Cullen - I would love to see take the league apart but at 5'8" he's not getting to many of the hopeful crosses, wasted corners and free kicks we deliver.
Brewster and Ayew will do the business but may not be with us.
But it won't matter who is in the squad as long as Cooper is manager.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 09:54 - Sep 11 with 1269 viewsKGriz16

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 14:59 - Sep 10 by Chief

Kept Rodon and Geuhi. Added Gibbs-White and Lowe? Cooper said yesterday we will add to the squad. I have faith in that. Brought back Asoro, Peterson. I'll admit we need more defenders, but I'm optimistic that our fantastic youth set up will help out
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 9:55]
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 10:54 - Sep 11 with 1240 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 09:28 - Sep 11 by Catullus

I'm with you too. All I see him do is give the ball away or give fouls away. There have been few positives but, if Jasper is right about him being better at CAM then he's yet another square peg in a round hole and if he's pushed forward we'll see what he's up to.

I was optimistic when we signed Korey Smith but it seems he's not really an improvement (according to the stats anyway) and he's injury prone apparently.

We really need a striker and until someone is signed we have to be worried, rumours do not score goals. A few EPL clubs are interested in Brewster.

We need some depth for the rough and tumble. Sometimes we are just muscled out of games. We just look a bit thin to me.

I wonder how much stoke want for Woods?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024