Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? 03:44 - Sep 10 with 3051 viewsChief

The optimism I had around a fortnight ago has pretty much evaporated:
- Sold our most technically gifted midfielder for peanuts (and at a loss).
- Our captain is seemingly next to leave.
- We only have 3 proper CBs (1 had a bad run of injuries recently).
- We only have 1 recognised striker (and he's very inexperienced).
- The transfer rumours have pretty much dried up& the ones we are still linked to (Smith / Gyorkeres) appear to be for positions we shouldn't have down as priorities&they aren't even particularly inspiring signings if we did need more LBs or wingers.
- The links are some of our signings smell to me of players who can fill in more than 1 position, but particularly prolific in one's we need, increasing squad mediocrity.
- We looked way off the pace against a league 2 team last weekend.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 11:18 - Sep 11 with 963 viewsCatullus

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 09:54 - Sep 11 by KGriz16

Kept Rodon and Geuhi. Added Gibbs-White and Lowe? Cooper said yesterday we will add to the squad. I have faith in that. Brought back Asoro, Peterson. I'll admit we need more defenders, but I'm optimistic that our fantastic youth set up will help out
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 9:55]

Asoro really needs to step up now. This season will be his chance, surely? Peterson needs to play. He's big and strong enough and we need to put him in his best position.

Looking at the comings and goings and team selections it comes back to the question I asked, did we make the play offs because of Cooper or in spite of him?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 12:52 - Sep 11 with 945 viewsjasper_T

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 10:54 - Sep 11 by Brynmill_Jack

I wonder how much stoke want for Woods?

Probably nothing once his Millwall loan finishes as his Stoke contract will have expired.

Woods would get slaughtered by our fans if they got to see him every week. Every "lightweight can't tackle toffee" comment Grimes get would be thrown at Woods x10.
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 11:33 - Sep 12 with 841 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 12:52 - Sep 11 by jasper_T

Probably nothing once his Millwall loan finishes as his Stoke contract will have expired.

Woods would get slaughtered by our fans if they got to see him every week. Every "lightweight can't tackle toffee" comment Grimes get would be thrown at Woods x10.

Another footballer ruined by a bad move. He could rejuvenate himself here.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 11:55 - Sep 12 with 835 viewsNortbankboy

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 12:52 - Sep 11 by jasper_T

It all depends on what style of football your team plays.
Hence why Britton came back from sheff hootball utd
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 21:35 - Sep 12 with 802 viewsChief

Delighted that my pessimism wasn't bourne out in reality. Great result.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 22:23 - Sep 12 with 774 viewsraynor94

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 21:35 - Sep 12 by Chief

Delighted that my pessimism wasn't bourne out in reality. Great result.

I'm with you, Well done Cooper, totally nullified them

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 22:29 - Sep 12 with 772 viewsTNT

People on here last night bigging up cardiff and putting down The Swans, once again. It's so yesterday.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 22:53 - Sep 12 with 760 viewsNotLoyal

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 22:29 - Sep 12 by TNT

People on here last night bigging up cardiff and putting down The Swans, once again. It's so yesterday.

That’s the positive negativity of swans fans at times mate.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 11:41 - Sep 14 with 640 viewsswancity

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 09:49 - Sep 11 by Badlands

How can we ignore the Newport game? The first completive match of the season and we were schooled by a team two leagues below us. Had we peppered their goal and lost to break aways I'd agree it was one to forget, but we didn't. It was the same slow, narrow crud as we endured for most of last season.
We could have all the wingers in the world and would play narrow - it's how Cooer does things because it worked with his school boys.
From the evidence of last season Cooper learned nothing - changes to formation was largely down to injuries and arguments.
The players you mentioned, some are fine, but -
Rodon - I wince every time he goes in for a challenge.
Grimes has played quite well a few times but on the terraces he was being called out for his performances in almost every game before lockdown.
Woodman has been outstandingly bad in the two sessions he's had since coming back.
Cullen - I would love to see take the league apart but at 5'8" he's not getting to many of the hopeful crosses, wasted corners and free kicks we deliver.
Brewster and Ayew will do the business but may not be with us.
But it won't matter who is in the squad as long as Cooper is manager.

You ignore it as we ( rightly or wrongly ) regarded it as our final pre season competitive friendly and we were without full Internationals like Rodon Cabango and Roberts, all key players. Newport on the other hand treated it like a Cup Final. Nothing to read it into it as we know what they can do on their own patch anyway as do Leicester, Leeds and Middlesbrough etc.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 15:22 - Sep 14 with 591 viewsBadlands

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 11:41 - Sep 14 by swancity

You ignore it as we ( rightly or wrongly ) regarded it as our final pre season competitive friendly and we were without full Internationals like Rodon Cabango and Roberts, all key players. Newport on the other hand treated it like a Cup Final. Nothing to read it into it as we know what they can do on their own patch anyway as do Leicester, Leeds and Middlesbrough etc.

Cooper picked the strongest available team.
Rodon played.
Cooper chose 3 at the back despite having only one CB played 3 back and 2 wingback.
Back 3. - a midfielder, a right back on the left and Rodon.
Wingbacks - Bidwell (fair enough) Routledge!!
No point employing a formation with on 2 of 5 expected to play those positions in future ... utterly bonkers, as it proved.
If he was treating it as a friendly he need a good kicking. It was a game to be won, even with a slightly depleted squad had hey been picked in the positions they are most comfortable.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 17:47 - Sep 15 with 514 viewsswancity

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 15:22 - Sep 14 by Badlands

Cooper picked the strongest available team.
Rodon played.
Cooper chose 3 at the back despite having only one CB played 3 back and 2 wingback.
Back 3. - a midfielder, a right back on the left and Rodon.
Wingbacks - Bidwell (fair enough) Routledge!!
No point employing a formation with on 2 of 5 expected to play those positions in future ... utterly bonkers, as it proved.
If he was treating it as a friendly he need a good kicking. It was a game to be won, even with a slightly depleted squad had hey been picked in the positions they are most comfortable.

It may be well have been labelled as a Cup match but in these unprecedented times it was still a pre season game and another behind closed doors.

And all a part of getting prepared and match fit for the big one at Preston which we won. I’m assuming that you’ve given appropriate praise for that excellent result.

I’d agree that the experiment of playing Wayne at wing back hasn’t worked though but to my surprise we look reasonably strong (if we can keep Rodon, Grimes and Ayew especially).

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 22:39 - Sep 15 with 469 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 17:47 - Sep 15 by swancity

It may be well have been labelled as a Cup match but in these unprecedented times it was still a pre season game and another behind closed doors.

And all a part of getting prepared and match fit for the big one at Preston which we won. I’m assuming that you’ve given appropriate praise for that excellent result.

I’d agree that the experiment of playing Wayne at wing back hasn’t worked though but to my surprise we look reasonably strong (if we can keep Rodon, Grimes and Ayew especially).

"I’m assuming that you’ve given appropriate praise for that excellent result."

I always struggle to fathom why some fans choose to prefer to dwell on the less good bits, and brush over the good bits.

If our Manager, players, owners dwelled as much as some of our fans, we would be in the shite.
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 23:19 - Sep 15 with 441 viewsjasper_T

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 22:39 - Sep 15 by KarlHRummenigge

"I’m assuming that you’ve given appropriate praise for that excellent result."

I always struggle to fathom why some fans choose to prefer to dwell on the less good bits, and brush over the good bits.

If our Manager, players, owners dwelled as much as some of our fans, we would be in the shite.

Taking a good hard look at where we can improve is their job.
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 23:27 - Sep 15 with 424 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 23:19 - Sep 15 by jasper_T

Taking a good hard look at where we can improve is their job.

Which is clearly what they have all been doing, with our steadily upward trajectory.

Dwell, is the operative word.
Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 22:03 - Sep 30 with 331 viewsAndyCole

Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned? on 12:58 - Sep 10 by KGriz16

You're all worried about hypotheticals, maybes and stuff that hasn't even happened. We've added strength to a squad which finished in the playoffs last season and finished the season on a high. We've not sold any big players, and added experience.

A voice of reason amongst the irrational.

Let's hope the OP has now developed some much needed perspective, against the odds.

Always perplexing when so much unnecessary negativity prevails, get a grip (and of the accounts whilst you're at it, blimey)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024