Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you want to pay for this? 11:35 - Sep 10 with 1206 viewsKerouac

The Senedd Group says that the Welsh Assembly needs approx. 30 more politicians at a cost of an extra £12m to the taxpayer.

What say you?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54089835

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Do you want to pay for this? on 12:22 - Sep 10 with 1184 viewsJoe_bradshaw

30 fewer and I’d be supportive.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Do you want to pay for this? on 14:00 - Sep 10 with 1160 viewsKilkennyjack

Well the number of welsh mp seats in Westminster are being reduced by 10 sears which is a significant 25%.

This despite the overall number staying at 650.
So even less welsh influence.

And, of course, there are no longer any welsh MEPs.
So less welsh influence again.

If you want a king making all the decisions then you are in the wrong century.
If we want a modern Wales with progressive public services then yes we need the right number in the welsh parliament.

Beware of the Risen People

Do you want to pay for this? on 14:01 - Sep 10 with 1159 viewsKilkennyjack

Trident is costing £205 billion on its own.

Do you want to pay for this? on 14:38 - Sep 10 with 1135 viewsAndy1300

No thanks, too many there already.

Number 1 team in Wales

Do you want to pay for this? on 22:44 - Sep 10 with 1079 viewsKilkennyjack

Looks like no shortage of money then ....?

Do you want to pay for this? on 03:38 - Sep 11 with 1051 viewsGlyn1

You can agree or disagree but it's not a ridiculous statement.

(1) Don't have any members in the Welsh Assembly and be governed from London.
(2) Be governed from Wales and have the right number of people to represent their constituents.

I think that Kerouac, me and everyone here will agree on (2) so it's just a question of what's the right number and increasing the number from 60 to 90 would expand the pool of talent and God knows we need it. If Rishi Sunak has found the magic money tree to give people millions of cheap meals then he can spend the money on this as well.£12 million = a League One forward so it's not very much.

[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 3:40]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Do you want to pay for this? on 11:13 - Sep 11 with 1011 viewsCatullus

Do you want to pay for this? on 03:38 - Sep 11 by Glyn1

You can agree or disagree but it's not a ridiculous statement.

(1) Don't have any members in the Welsh Assembly and be governed from London.
(2) Be governed from Wales and have the right number of people to represent their constituents.

I think that Kerouac, me and everyone here will agree on (2) so it's just a question of what's the right number and increasing the number from 60 to 90 would expand the pool of talent and God knows we need it. If Rishi Sunak has found the magic money tree to give people millions of cheap meals then he can spend the money on this as well.£12 million = a League One forward so it's not very much.

[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 3:40]

Who decides what the right number is though? Can we trust politicians...ummm, well that's a no from me.

Will we have apublic consultation? If we do will the facts be made public? Did they publicise the outcome of the public consultation on giving votes to under 18's?

Increasing their number might increase the talent pool or, it could lumber us with more useless politicians who spend a lot of money whilst screwing things up. If we are going to chuck an extra 12 million at anything I'd rather it was education thank you.

PS, what makes you think there'd be extra money from Westminster for this? It'd probably come from existing budgets which means cuts elsewhere.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 11:14]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Do you want to pay for this? on 16:14 - Sep 11 with 974 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Do you want to pay for this? on 14:00 - Sep 10 by Kilkennyjack

Well the number of welsh mp seats in Westminster are being reduced by 10 sears which is a significant 25%.

This despite the overall number staying at 650.
So even less welsh influence.

And, of course, there are no longer any welsh MEPs.
So less welsh influence again.

If you want a king making all the decisions then you are in the wrong century.
If we want a modern Wales with progressive public services then yes we need the right number in the welsh parliament.

Not correct there is currently no plans to reduce the number of MPs let alone Welsh and Scottish MPs who are over represented in Westminster based on population size.

The electoral reform commission did propose the make all constituencies the same size and thereby reduce the numbers of MPs but as you well know this has not been included in the current government's legislation list.

All for increasing Welsh Assembly members as long as local councils are merged and the changes are cost neutral.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Do you want to pay for this? on 16:19 - Sep 11 with 971 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Do you want to pay for this? on 11:13 - Sep 11 by Catullus

Who decides what the right number is though? Can we trust politicians...ummm, well that's a no from me.

Will we have apublic consultation? If we do will the facts be made public? Did they publicise the outcome of the public consultation on giving votes to under 18's?

Increasing their number might increase the talent pool or, it could lumber us with more useless politicians who spend a lot of money whilst screwing things up. If we are going to chuck an extra 12 million at anything I'd rather it was education thank you.

PS, what makes you think there'd be extra money from Westminster for this? It'd probably come from existing budgets which means cuts elsewhere.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 11:14]

Labour only want people 16 and 17 to have the vote as they will mostly vote Labour.

18 is good age to give people the vote as most will have finished school and sixth form and will have jobs and paying tax.

They are also adults at 18 and have many more rights.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Do you want to pay for this? on 16:30 - Sep 11 with 969 viewsCatullus

Do you want to pay for this? on 16:19 - Sep 11 by felixstowe_jack

Labour only want people 16 and 17 to have the vote as they will mostly vote Labour.

18 is good age to give people the vote as most will have finished school and sixth form and will have jobs and paying tax.

They are also adults at 18 and have many more rights.

I agree with you on the reasons for giving 16/17's the vote, they are more likely to be Labour supporters. It's a new kind of gerrymandering, manipulating the age boundary instead of the constituency boundary.

I haven't said 18's shouldn't get the vote though I do think there is a debate to be had on increasing the voting age. Generally though I believe if you are old enough to join the armed forces and possibly be sent to fight and die for your country then you deserve the right to vote too.

I don't get the argument for increasing AM's numbers. Most people think we are over represented at Westminster, too many MP's for the UK but by those numbers we have more AM's than we need too. Perhaps we just need better AM's who are up to the job?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Do you want to pay for this? on 00:00 - Sep 12 with 932 viewsSlugster664

Do you want to pay for this? on 16:30 - Sep 11 by Catullus

I agree with you on the reasons for giving 16/17's the vote, they are more likely to be Labour supporters. It's a new kind of gerrymandering, manipulating the age boundary instead of the constituency boundary.

I haven't said 18's shouldn't get the vote though I do think there is a debate to be had on increasing the voting age. Generally though I believe if you are old enough to join the armed forces and possibly be sent to fight and die for your country then you deserve the right to vote too.

I don't get the argument for increasing AM's numbers. Most people think we are over represented at Westminster, too many MP's for the UK but by those numbers we have more AM's than we need too. Perhaps we just need better AM's who are up to the job?

You have to be 18 to go on an operational tour.

STID

Do you want to pay for this? on 09:42 - Sep 12 with 898 viewsCatullus

Do you want to pay for this? on 00:00 - Sep 12 by Slugster664

You have to be 18 to go on an operational tour.

Yes I know, that's why I said 18's. You can jointhe armed forces at a younger age but you won't be sent to fight.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024