Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pro Democrat = Anti British 09:12 - Sep 11 with 4261 viewsKerouac

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/10/politics/nancy-pelosi-brexit-congress-uk-gbr-

Who the f*ck does Nancy Pelosi think she is.
Britain will do what's right for Britain, the people of Northern Ireland are British last time I checked.
The UK has left the EU, if the EU want to play hard ball and not negotiate....then the Republic of Ireland being inside the EU and the UK being outside will require that the Good Friday Agreement is amended. Out of necessity, because of the EU's intransigence.

Now can anyone explain why there is no push back from our government when a US politician makes a statement like this?
The correct response would have been for our government to publically chastise her for not understanding the situation and publically advising her to concentrate on getting a grip of the regions of the United States where the Democrats are allowing anarchy to prevail. Perhaps an add on that should the geriatric Marxists win at the next election the US can no longer rely on our military support every time they want to build an international coalition.
Grow some f*cking balls Boris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 10:28 - Sep 11 with 2632 viewsCatullus

Apparently Democrats like the GFA because of Clinton's involvement? Sounds a buit of a stretch, favouring something an impeached President helped with over present day realities. The Clintons reputations are tarnished.

As for not passing Congress, I guess it depends on many things including who wins the next election and what the majority is in Congress. Who knows, Pelosi may fall from grace and not be there to say anything.

Telling Bojo to grow some balls is crazy though. This bill looks dodgy. I watched Nadhim Zahawi on Breakfast tv this morning and he wasn't convincing, it seemed like so much bluster. Keeping the (relative) peace in Northern Ireland is important.

At the same time the EU has no right to dictate to us what we must do now we have left. They have no right to make demands about state aid or fishing rights. Which is what it all boils down to, they are trying to force us into something our government doesn't want or think appropriate and Pelosi should keep her nose out.

I wonder how she'd feel if our Speaker stuck his nose into the USA's trade deals? Who knows.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 10:42 - Sep 11 with 2623 viewsProfessor

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 10:28 - Sep 11 by Catullus

Apparently Democrats like the GFA because of Clinton's involvement? Sounds a buit of a stretch, favouring something an impeached President helped with over present day realities. The Clintons reputations are tarnished.

As for not passing Congress, I guess it depends on many things including who wins the next election and what the majority is in Congress. Who knows, Pelosi may fall from grace and not be there to say anything.

Telling Bojo to grow some balls is crazy though. This bill looks dodgy. I watched Nadhim Zahawi on Breakfast tv this morning and he wasn't convincing, it seemed like so much bluster. Keeping the (relative) peace in Northern Ireland is important.

At the same time the EU has no right to dictate to us what we must do now we have left. They have no right to make demands about state aid or fishing rights. Which is what it all boils down to, they are trying to force us into something our government doesn't want or think appropriate and Pelosi should keep her nose out.

I wonder how she'd feel if our Speaker stuck his nose into the USA's trade deals? Who knows.

More do do with he fact there are over 30 million Americans who consider themselves Irish Americans-in some areas more than 20% of the population say they are Irish Americans (such as Boston). They are big (and influential) group politically on both sides. Clinton certainly milked their support
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:05 - Sep 11 with 2611 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 10:42 - Sep 11 by Professor

More do do with he fact there are over 30 million Americans who consider themselves Irish Americans-in some areas more than 20% of the population say they are Irish Americans (such as Boston). They are big (and influential) group politically on both sides. Clinton certainly milked their support

Seems there are more Irish in the USA than in Ireland.

They are not Irish they are American citizens. I doubt even their grandparents were born in Ireland.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:06 - Sep 11 with 2611 viewsCatullus

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 10:42 - Sep 11 by Professor

It's something that has always irked me. The IRA had massive support from America. People harking back to their ancestors can cause a lot of trouble. African Americans, Irish Americans and we similar things in the rest of the world where people are really invested in their heritage from 100's of years back. How much good has it done compared to the harm we see?
We really need to worry more about the future than the past.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:07 - Sep 11 with 2609 viewsProfessor

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:05 - Sep 11 by felixstowe_jack

Seems there are more Irish in the USA than in Ireland.

They are not Irish they are American citizens. I doubt even their grandparents were born in Ireland.

33 million 'identify' as Irish. Most 4th generation or more. 6.5 million in Ireland.
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:21 - Sep 11 with 2601 viewsHighjack

To be fair our Nancy is so old she was probably there at the original Good Friday, and she’s made of so much plastic she’ll still be around in 20,000 years.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:35 - Sep 11 with 2591 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:07 - Sep 11 by Professor

33 million 'identify' as Irish. Most 4th generation or more. 6.5 million in Ireland.

They might "identify" as irish but they are American.

They could all "identify " as trees if they want but they are not.

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:41 - Sep 11 with 2582 viewsLohengrin

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:07 - Sep 11 by Professor

“Irish” of what stripe though, Prof? By far the most politically influential of the ‘Irish’ descendants in the US are the so-called Scots-Irish, progeny of the staunchly Protestant settlers of Appalachia and beyond. The very buckle on the Bible belt, as the etymology of the term ‘Hillbilly’ attests.

There was and remains an enormous well of goodwill toward these islands from across the Atlantic, particularly in the southland.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:42 - Sep 11 with 2581 viewsProfessor

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:35 - Sep 11 by felixstowe_jack

I don’t disagree- but have you ever been to Boston?
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 12:02 - Sep 11 with 2566 viewsLohengrin

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:42 - Sep 11 by Professor

I don’t disagree- but have you ever been to Boston?

I have, Prof, on numerous occasions. Once for a fairly lengthy stay back in the ‘80s and I have to say from personal experience I encountered far more people of Jewish and Italian descent than I did Irish. The demographics of big US cities are in a continuous process of shift.

As for the folk of original ‘Yankee’ stock that built Boston they appear to have long since departed for pastures West.

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 12:21 - Sep 11 with 2548 viewsProfessor

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 12:02 - Sep 11 by Lohengrin

I have, Prof, on numerous occasions. Once for a fairly lengthy stay back in the ‘80s and I have to say from personal experience I encountered far more people of Jewish and Italian descent than I did Irish. The demographics of big US cities are in a continuous process of shift.

As for the folk of original ‘Yankee’ stock that built Boston they appear to have long since departed for pastures West.

That’s true. Although also a lot of SE Asians around the business area now. South Boston is still very Irish and was more in that area. I guess being in company of someone who looked very Irish to their eyes attracted them as well. Last was there about 4 Years ago.
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 12:45 - Sep 11 with 2536 viewsProfessor

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:41 - Sep 11 by Lohengrin

“Irish” of what stripe though, Prof? By far the most politically influential of the ‘Irish’ descendants in the US are the so-called Scots-Irish, progeny of the staunchly Protestant settlers of Appalachia and beyond. The very buckle on the Bible belt, as the etymology of the term ‘Hillbilly’ attests.

There was and remains an enormous well of goodwill toward these islands from across the Atlantic, particularly in the southland.

Far more protestant than Catholic which bears this out.
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 15:37 - Sep 11 with 2491 viewsNortbankboy

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:35 - Sep 11 by felixstowe_jack

I think a lot of irish Americans have duel nationally

A bit like that great Brit Nigel farage who I think has applied for a German
Passport to remain in the EU!
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 15:40 - Sep 11 with 2485 viewsNortbankboy

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 11:41 - Sep 11 by Lohengrin

You are right,
I'm pretty sure in was a Scottish protestant who found that
Great institution the KKK
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 17:16 - Sep 11 with 2458 viewsCatullus

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 15:37 - Sep 11 by Nortbankboy

I think a lot of irish Americans have duel nationally

A bit like that great Brit Nigel farage who I think has applied for a German
Passport to remain in the EU!

His wife is German isn't she?

This nationality lark winds me up. None of us are exactly who we think we are. There's been so much mixed blood over the centuries.

I'm a midget Viking Vandal myself!

Friends,Citizens of planet Earth, countrymen lend me your ears.

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 20:23 - Sep 11 with 2416 viewsWxmJax

We wouldn't need a trade deal if it wasn't for that Brexit thingy. Johnson didn't do anything when Trump effectively got rid of our Ambassador to the USA either but this didn't seem to bother you.
When you say Britain will do what's best for Britain, you mean things like lowering food standards and workers rights ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 20:26 - Sep 11 with 2414 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 20:23 - Sep 11 by WxmJax

We wouldn't need a trade deal if it wasn't for that Brexit thingy. Johnson didn't do anything when Trump effectively got rid of our Ambassador to the USA either but this didn't seem to bother you.
When you say Britain will do what's best for Britain, you mean things like lowering food standards and workers rights ?

British animal welfare standards have always been higher than the EUs no reason to think they will get worse.

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 20:52 - Sep 11 with 2404 viewsLohengrin

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 15:40 - Sep 11 by Nortbankboy

You are right,
I'm pretty sure in was a Scottish protestant who found that
Great institution the KKK

Well of the six founders Frank McCord sounds as if he may well have been. Another three: James Crowe, John Lester and Richard Reed on the face of it sound as though they are of English descent. John Kennedy’s family may well have originated from southern Ireland and as for John Jones, well, we can all probably guess...

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 20:55 - Sep 11 with 2401 viewsTreforys_Jack

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 20:52 - Sep 11 by Lohengrin

Well of the six founders Frank McCord sounds as if he may well have been. Another three: James Crowe, John Lester and Richard Reed on the face of it sound as though they are of English descent. John Kennedy’s family may well have originated from southern Ireland and as for John Jones, well, we can all probably guess...

There is a documentary on the origins of the KKK on BBBC iplayer, presented by Neil Oliver. Well worth a watch, Scottish and Irish if i remember rightly, hence the name Klan. Should still be on there.
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 20:59 - Sep 11 with 2396 viewsLohengrin

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 20:55 - Sep 11 by Treforys_Jack

There is a documentary on the origins of the KKK on BBBC iplayer, presented by Neil Oliver. Well worth a watch, Scottish and Irish if i remember rightly, hence the name Klan. Should still be on there.

That must be second time around for it then, I remember seeing it a few years back.

Neil Oliver has also got an excellent series out now about the actual Highland Clans. That’s well worth taking the time over, mate.

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 21:21 - Sep 11 with 2378 viewsmajorraglan

It isn’t just Nanci Pelosi and it isn’t just the Democrats, the cross party friends of Ireland group in the Senate and Congress which has strong Republican membership have been threatening this for the last few years but, I suspect people haven’t been listening. Any adverse impact on the GFA and peace process and a trade agreement is dead.

As has been said, America has a very strong and vocal Irish lobby, it doesn’t matter if they are 2nd, 4th of 6th generation, their heritage is important to them and they aren’t giving it up any time soon.

I have no time for Biden, but to call him a Marxist is ridiculous. If Trump is ousted, then Boris could find himself in an isolated position with very few allies.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 21:21]
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 21:22 - Sep 11 with 2375 viewsProfessor

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 20:26 - Sep 11 by felixstowe_jack

British animal welfare standards have always been higher than the EUs no reason to think they will get worse.

That may be. But U.K. meat production may become a tiny niche market if massively undercut by cheaper low welfare, less safe product.
Application of standards is very uneven in the EU. Generally the further north and west you go the better the standards. Scandinavian, British , German and Dutch are good.
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 21:27 - Sep 11 with 2366 viewsNortbankboy

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 21:22 - Sep 11 by Professor

That may be. But U.K. meat production may become a tiny niche market if massively undercut by cheaper low welfare, less safe product.
Application of standards is very uneven in the EU. Generally the further north and west you go the better the standards. Scandinavian, British , German and Dutch are good.

Plenty of reason to worry it's going to get worse.
When Boris does a trade deal with his mate trump.
We are going to have all the carp the yanks are eating.

Plus what about the level playing field which give us workers rights?
I know you English are anti union but we in South Wales are still willing to fight to keep our workers rights.
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 21:29 - Sep 11 with 2350 viewsHumpty

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 20:55 - Sep 11 by Treforys_Jack

There was one on a few months ago I recorded, about the Klan's Scottish origins. Either PBS or Smithsonian Channel I think.

Just went to check and it's disappeared! A worded with Mrs H is required I think.
Pro Democrat = Anti British on 21:35 - Sep 11 with 2357 viewsWxmJax

Pro Democrat = Anti British on 20:26 - Sep 11 by felixstowe_jack

I assume that you know why they chlorinate the chicken in America ? But as an old boss of mine used to say, never assume anything because it will make an ass out of u and me.
The chlorinated chicken that's coming to a supermarket near you in 2021, the stuff the EU won't allow.
Don't forget the workers rights either, or the NHS

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024