Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel Asoro 19:36 - Sep 11 with 4444 viewsChief

Off to Genoa

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joel Asoro on 15:42 - Jan 31 with 1506 viewsonehunglow

My point Chief is.

Why is criticism selective on here.

Its open season for the likes of Asoro but some players are seemingly immune.

As regards Asora,2m was it not/Just who was responsible for that. Same people that saw Ngog soil the shirt. Ive scouser friends who still chortle at him,mainly after he left for Bolton-I think. He really was that bad.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joel Asoro on 15:47 - Jan 31 with 1510 viewsChief

Joel Asoro on 15:42 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

My point Chief is.

Why is criticism selective on here.

Its open season for the likes of Asoro but some players are seemingly immune.

As regards Asora,2m was it not/Just who was responsible for that. Same people that saw Ngog soil the shirt. Ive scouser friends who still chortle at him,mainly after he left for Bolton-I think. He really was that bad.

Criticism should always be selective.

What players are immune from criticism?

Joel Asoro on 16:15 - Jan 31 with 1425 viewsBadlands

I can’t understand why we are looking to bring in wingers (Morris, Whittaker) when we don’t play wingers and already have as great or good n our books.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joel Asoro on 16:21 - Jan 31 with 1413 viewsBoundy

Joel Asoro on 16:15 - Jan 31 by Badlands

I can’t understand why we are looking to bring in wingers (Morris, Whittaker) when we don’t play wingers and already have as great or good n our books.

Both can play either right side or in a forward position . Cullen & Wayne are both out for a few months

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Joel Asoro on 16:26 - Jan 31 with 1409 viewsKeithHaynes

They will both play a wing / attack role this season either in the fa cup or in the league.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joel Asoro on 16:35 - Jan 31 with 1377 viewsonehunglow

Seems stupid to me too.I d like a front on balls out big striker.Some chance eh.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joel Asoro on 17:07 - Jan 31 with 1364 views34dfgdf54

I'm probably being stupid here but who is the great one on our books?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 17:07]
Joel Asoro on 11:52 - Feb 1 with 1208 viewsBadlands

Joel Asoro on 16:26 - Jan 31 by KeithHaynes

They will both play a wing / attack role this season either in the fa cup or in the league.

Are either Asoro or Garrick goal scorers?
I quite like both as out and out wingers who will use their speed to exploit space behind the defence but I wouldn't count on either to score goals or play the role given to Lowe.
It would be nice to have some genuine pace especially late on to give defences something to think about.
Time will tell.

Login to get fewer ads

Joel Asoro on 13:54 - Feb 1 with 1170 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Asoro on 11:52 - Feb 1 by Badlands

Are either Asoro or Garrick goal scorers?
I quite like both as out and out wingers who will use their speed to exploit space behind the defence but I wouldn't count on either to score goals or play the role given to Lowe.
It would be nice to have some genuine pace especially late on to give defences something to think about.
Time will tell.

Garrick has beefed up and played wing back v Stevenage and was rough handling some of their stocky battlers. I was quite impressed. Cooper never mentions him for games or loans, and prefered to keep Connor Roberts happy rather than play him v Forest.

With regard tp Asoro the WoL stated

"Meanwhile, Joel Asoro is set to have his loan with Genoa cancelled".

This wording suggests to me Genoa had no send back option and will probably be paying his wages for the next 6 months. He clearly has not impressed them. Got homesick / depressed maybe?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 13:57]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joel Asoro on 15:07 - Feb 1 with 1140 viewsandypitt56

Joel Asoro on 13:54 - Feb 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Garrick has beefed up and played wing back v Stevenage and was rough handling some of their stocky battlers. I was quite impressed. Cooper never mentions him for games or loans, and prefered to keep Connor Roberts happy rather than play him v Forest.

With regard tp Asoro the WoL stated

"Meanwhile, Joel Asoro is set to have his loan with Genoa cancelled".

This wording suggests to me Genoa had no send back option and will probably be paying his wages for the next 6 months. He clearly has not impressed them. Got homesick / depressed maybe?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 13:57]

apparently ostersunds want him on loan
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 15:07]
Joel Asoro on 23:18 - Feb 1 with 1033 viewsChief

Where does Asoro stand now?

Brought back into the fold or banished to train with the kids and Jazz?

Joel Asoro on 23:35 - Feb 1 with 987 viewsdobjack2

Joel Asoro on 23:18 - Feb 1 by Chief

Where does Asoro stand now?

Brought back into the fold or banished to train with the kids and Jazz?

I assume from Cooper’s comments that he is out in the cold unless there is a gap in the squad and we are desperate; even if we are desperate he is probably still out in the cold.
Joel Asoro on 10:08 - Feb 2 with 877 viewsKeithHaynes

Jazz, Nathan, Joel, decent national league side forming there.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joel Asoro on 09:19 - Feb 8 with 691 viewsChief

Hes left to join Djurgardens of Sweden on a permanent deal.

Didn't know we were able to sell players outside of the window.

Joel Asoro on 09:21 - Feb 8 with 690 viewsjasper_T

Joel Asoro on 09:19 - Feb 8 by Chief

Hes left to join Djurgardens of Sweden on a permanent deal.

Didn't know we were able to sell players outside of the window.

Players can always leave. Sweden's season doesn't start for a while so their registration window is open.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 9:21]
Joel Asoro on 09:22 - Feb 8 with 685 viewsChief

Joel Asoro on 09:21 - Feb 8 by jasper_T

Players can always leave. Sweden's season doesn't start for a while so their registration window is open.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 9:21]

Ah right wasn't aware of that.

Joel Asoro on 10:22 - Feb 8 with 639 views34dfgdf54

Good news for him and us, hopefully it's not one of those ones where we are subsiding his wage for a set amount of time.
Joel Asoro on 10:38 - Feb 8 with 626 viewsReslovenSwan1

This is a good result. Possible small transfer fee and wages moved on. For the first time in quite a while the club has no malcontents or players out of favour with the manager. This makes for a happy mnager and a happy squad. No one really "running down the contracts". I expect it crunchtime for Garrick. he needs a good spell at Swindon.

Cooper does not have to have those awkward little chats with people with families and children in local schools.

I watched a pre season friendly on line at Exeter or Yeovil 18 month ago. Swansea scored 6. Asoro came on got a tongue lashing from CR for lack of defensive application and scored the fifth. He was clearly delighted more than you would expect for a low key pre season game. I felt for the guy. CBR then came on missed a headerr for an open goal and later scored. Cooper marked their cards and neither figured after that.

Not too many players under contract that fail to fulfill their potential at Swansea become high profile errors of judgement. Ryan Hedges is doing ok in Scotland with a fewlower league players like Sammuels Sheehan and Edwards .
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 12:51]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joel Asoro on 12:47 - Feb 8 with 551 viewsBadlands

Hope he finds a home and starts playing regular football.
I don't think he was give much of a chance here but having seemed to have failed why go to Genoa?
A mid table Serei A is not the place for a 21 year old struggling in a Championship side.
A couple of people I know have met him and said he was very pleasant but who knows what happens on the training ground? Connor Roberts certainly had a problem with him given his on field rants (v Preston I think).
It's also worth remembering he was expected to play full games when he arrived and was only just 19 when he played his last game for us days after his 20th birthday.
Can't understand the abuse the young play received.

Joel Asoro on 13:45 - Feb 8 with 518 viewsjasper_T

Joel Asoro on 12:47 - Feb 8 by Badlands

Hope he finds a home and starts playing regular football.
I don't think he was give much of a chance here but having seemed to have failed why go to Genoa?
A mid table Serei A is not the place for a 21 year old struggling in a Championship side.
A couple of people I know have met him and said he was very pleasant but who knows what happens on the training ground? Connor Roberts certainly had a problem with him given his on field rants (v Preston I think).
It's also worth remembering he was expected to play full games when he arrived and was only just 19 when he played his last game for us days after his 20th birthday.
Can't understand the abuse the young play received.

Wasn't exactly thrown in at the deep end. Had played 26 times in the Championship for Sunderland (11 starts) so was better-prepared than some we expected to rely on.

I did say at the time it was a risk spending so much on a player than made a mark by breaking into an awful team, when we had quality in our own u23s who'd not yet had that chance.
Joel Asoro on 17:11 - Feb 8 with 442 viewsthornabyswan

Joel Asoro on 13:45 - Feb 8 by jasper_T

Wasn't exactly thrown in at the deep end. Had played 26 times in the Championship for Sunderland (11 starts) so was better-prepared than some we expected to rely on.

I did say at the time it was a risk spending so much on a player than made a mark by breaking into an awful team, when we had quality in our own u23s who'd not yet had that chance.

I remember watching him.play for Sunderland at Fulham he played really well was man of the match and run Fulham ragged who were near the top of the league at the time.

Sunderland went down and he signed for us I thought on that performance we had a decent player but a bit like Barrow just never did much for us.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 17:14]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024