Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No praise or credit for the 19:08 - Sep 12 with 2094 viewsswancity

Manager when we win

And yet plenty of criticism of him when we lose

Weird.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

No praise or credit for the on 19:27 - Sep 12 with 1462 viewsKarlHRummenigge

See where you're coming from but to be fair to posters on this forum, it's mostly due to understandable angst when we're 1-0 up and defending a lead.

Contrast that to PlanetNotSwans where the undue criticism is a feral hatred of Cooper, even personal abuse of his appearance, sickening. And sadly, a Copper Out thread during/post Newport game which went viral. Ffs.

The bloke deserves some slack. He's credibly riding high on a massive learning curve. Plenty of positives to enjoy.
No praise or credit for the on 20:09 - Sep 12 with 1412 viewsfelixstowe_jack

He got us into the play offs which the sainted Potter failed to do.
He also sorted out or defending at corners which Potter never organised.

There will always be a negative minority who think they have more football knowledge than a professional manager.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 20:16]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

No praise or credit for the on 20:30 - Sep 12 with 1383 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No praise or credit for the on 20:09 - Sep 12 by felixstowe_jack

There will always be a negative minority who think they have more football knowledge than a professional manager.

If only he was a professional manager, rather than a coach.
No praise or credit for the on 20:48 - Sep 12 with 1348 viewsFireboy2

No praise or credit for the on 19:27 - Sep 12 by KarlHRummenigge

See where you're coming from but to be fair to posters on this forum, it's mostly due to understandable angst when we're 1-0 up and defending a lead.

Contrast that to PlanetNotSwans where the undue criticism is a feral hatred of Cooper, even personal abuse of his appearance, sickening. And sadly, a Copper Out thread during/post Newport game which went viral. Ffs.

The bloke deserves some slack. He's credibly riding high on a massive learning curve. Plenty of positives to enjoy.

Even though I admit to being one of his facial feature contradictors I havent seen any ugly abuse for cooper since the forum split, so you are seeing things mate.
No praise or credit for the on 20:48 - Sep 12 with 1348 viewsCatullus

No praise or credit for the on 20:30 - Sep 12 by A_Fans_Dad

If the criticism is fair what's the problem. There will always be disagreements like this. It's part of being on a forum.

Personally I don't like his habo=it for playing people out of position and for sitting back too much on a slender lead. If he's learning though and things improve it's all good. If he keeps on making the same mistakes it's all bad!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

No praise or credit for the on 20:55 - Sep 12 with 1336 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No praise or credit for the on 20:30 - Sep 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Of course he is a manager a coach just coaches teams. A manager selects the team.
We are just following the stupid American custom of calling managers coaches.
Just like the BBC now uses offensive players rather than attacking players because it is more hip.
Steve Copper actually won the August manager of the month.

I know our owners have rebranded the manager and assistant manager as head coach and assistant coach this year but Cooper is the manager the same as Potter was.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

No praise or credit for the on 20:58 - Sep 12 with 1329 viewsReslovenSwan1

I still speak to people today that are adament that Huw Jenkins was just a failed roofer that got lucky. (consequitively for about 14 years.)

Wise sage since Toshack era

No praise or credit for the on 21:11 - Sep 12 with 1307 viewsswancity

No praise or credit for the on 20:58 - Sep 12 by ReslovenSwan1

I still speak to people today that are adament that Huw Jenkins was just a failed roofer that got lucky. (consequitively for about 14 years.)

Well that’s because he was a failed roofer that got lucky

And then did very well, making lots of good decisions

And then pissed on his chips undoing all of his good previous work

Login to get fewer ads

No praise or credit for the on 21:12 - Sep 12 with 1305 viewsswancity

No praise or credit for the on 20:48 - Sep 12 by Catullus

If the criticism is fair what's the problem. There will always be disagreements like this. It's part of being on a forum.

Personally I don't like his habo=it for playing people out of position and for sitting back too much on a slender lead. If he's learning though and things improve it's all good. If he keeps on making the same mistakes it's all bad!

“ If the criticism is fair what’s the problem “
?

Nothing.

But it’s not fair. Most of it.

No praise or credit for the on 21:16 - Sep 12 with 1294 viewsNotLoyal

Def a failed roofer.
As for luck, you make your own.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

No praise or credit for the on 21:27 - Sep 12 with 1279 viewsReslovenSwan1

No praise or credit for the on 21:11 - Sep 12 by swancity

A failed narrative that has traction because it is oft repeated but is still nonscence.

Wise sage since Toshack era

No praise or credit for the on 21:27 - Sep 12 with 1279 viewsFireboy2

No praise or credit for the on 21:11 - Sep 12 by swancity

By selling his and his fvcking snakes souls.
No praise or credit for the on 21:28 - Sep 12 with 1278 viewsKarlHRummenigge

No praise or credit for the on 20:48 - Sep 12 by Fireboy2

Even though I admit to being one of his facial feature contradictors I havent seen any ugly abuse for cooper since the forum split, so you are seeing things mate.

Kinell fella, I mean no disrespect to you but clearly 'eyes wide shut'.

We all accept constructive criticism. But none of us should accept the level of vitriol and personal abuse Cooper's received on that forum. Ffs he's our Club's manager giving it his best shot.
No praise or credit for the on 21:34 - Sep 12 with 1268 viewsFireboy2

No praise or credit for the on 21:28 - Sep 12 by KarlHRummenigge

Kinell fella, I mean no disrespect to you but clearly 'eyes wide shut'.

We all accept constructive criticism. But none of us should accept the level of vitriol and personal abuse Cooper's received on that forum. Ffs he's our Club's manager giving it his best shot.

I think you mean THIS forum mate.

He has not received any facial or football abuse on the other forum.

Yet🙄

Imo he isnt upto it and will receive the deserved negative comments I personally think he will deserve when called upon.
No praise or credit for the on 22:04 - Sep 12 with 1238 viewsBadlands

No praise or credit for the on 20:09 - Sep 12 by felixstowe_jack

Monk got us an 8th place in the Premier League while destroying the should of the club and ripping the heart out of the team.
Today was a great result which Cooper will accept praise for.
Newport was dreadful for which Cooper blamed all the players for.
For me the worry is we play pretty much the someway all the time, even subs are like for like wether we are winning or losing.
Again today we went 1 up and sat back, PNE had a couple of decent chances to equalise which, as we saw quite regularly last season, many teams would have converted.
It's not about knowing more than managers , it's about opinions and criticism.
If I see a duff film I'm not going to say it is wonderful because the producer din't completely mess up.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

No praise or credit for the on 22:21 - Sep 12 with 1217 viewsraynor94

No praise or credit for the on 20:48 - Sep 12 by Fireboy2

Quite agree

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

No praise or credit for the on 22:35 - Sep 12 with 1203 viewsNortbankboy

Very good result today and something to build on.
Well done steve
No praise or credit for the on 22:36 - Sep 12 with 1200 viewsNortbankboy

The most successful chairman in the club's history
No praise or credit for the on 00:35 - Sep 13 with 1125 viewsjasper_T

Wouldn't be a Swansea win without someone trying to put down fellow supporters for ever daring to criticise the manager/team.
No praise or credit for the on 09:38 - Sep 13 with 995 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No praise or credit for the on 22:36 - Sep 12 by Nortbankboy

The most successful chairman in the club's history

Thanks for that Mrs Jenkins. And you’re right - no other chairman in Swans history has made so much money from his beloved cloob. And they criticised Martinez for being mercenary!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

No praise or credit for the on 09:44 - Sep 13 with 989 viewsAndyCole

No praise or credit for the on 00:35 - Sep 13 by jasper_T

Wouldn't be a Swansea win without someone trying to put down fellow supporters for ever daring to criticise the manager/team.

All managers/teams/people should accept criticism and learn from mistakes. Fans are entitled to voice their opinion.

But needless overt disgust, and in some cases abuse, should not be dished out or tolerated.

Some of the snowflakes dishing it out wouldn’t have the balls ever to do it In real life, Which tells you everything about these types.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

No praise or credit for the on 10:44 - Sep 13 with 948 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No praise or credit for the on 20:55 - Sep 12 by felixstowe_jack

Of course he is a manager a coach just coaches teams. A manager selects the team.
We are just following the stupid American custom of calling managers coaches.
Just like the BBC now uses offensive players rather than attacking players because it is more hip.
Steve Copper actually won the August manager of the month.

I know our owners have rebranded the manager and assistant manager as head coach and assistant coach this year but Cooper is the manager the same as Potter was.

Yes, he picks the team, but being a good Manager is also about game management and that is where he is very weak and very slow to learn..
No praise or credit for the on 11:03 - Sep 13 with 924 viewsswancity

No praise or credit for the on 10:44 - Sep 13 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, he picks the team, but being a good Manager is also about game management and that is where he is very weak and very slow to learn..

How very weak and slow to learn ?

I’d say the exact opposite

No praise or credit for the on 11:20 - Sep 13 with 907 viewsdobjack2

Our style of play last season was more effective as an away side than as a home side. At home we could struggle to break down teams and get caught on the break. Frustrating for the majority of fans who only watch us at home

Good result yesterday let’s see what Saturday brings. Too early to talk the team up or down and still plenty of time to bring players in at centre half and centre forward. On the flip side there is also plenty of time for players to go.

Let’s see where we are after the loan window closes.
No praise or credit for the on 11:23 - Sep 13 with 905 viewsItchySphincter

No praise or credit for the on 19:27 - Sep 12 by KarlHRummenigge

Where is this viral thread? I wouldn't mind seeing it, surprised I missed it.

Not sure what the OP's expecting? Cooper the new messiah is it? We won, but it was all very poor.

Weird.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024