Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK trade deal done with Japan 23:05 - Sep 12 with 2694 viewsNotLoyal

Any of our more informed posters got views on this ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

UK trade deal done with Japan on 01:14 - Sep 13 with 1377 viewsKilkennyjack

I think there is a risk that its a rushed deal and Johnson will want to change it unilaterally at a later date.

Thats how the uk rocks.

International agreement ?
My Aunt Fanny ....

Bluster. Piffle. Spaff. Ruffle hair. Quote Latin. Lie. Go on hols. Shag. Howl about Corbyn. World beating wannker.

Beware of the Risen People

UK trade deal done with Japan on 07:51 - Sep 13 with 1332 viewsAndy1300

Already being discussed -
Remoaner,losers . by pikeypaul 10 Nov 2017 23:28
OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bv_1z2lFlw

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

Number 1 team in Wales

UK trade deal done with Japan on 08:19 - Sep 13 with 1324 viewsNortbankboy

Not worth the paper it is signed on if Boris signed it !
UK trade deal done with Japan on 08:45 - Sep 13 with 1314 viewsbritferry

UK trade deal done with Japan on 07:51 - Sep 13 by Andy1300

Already being discussed -
Remoaner,losers . by pikeypaul 10 Nov 2017 23:28
OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bv_1z2lFlw

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

page 806

I don't go near that thing

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

UK trade deal done with Japan on 09:10 - Sep 13 with 1298 viewsAndy1300

UK trade deal done with Japan on 08:45 - Sep 13 by britferry

page 806

I don't go near that thing

Just pointing you to answers to your question.

Number 1 team in Wales

UK trade deal done with Japan on 09:27 - Sep 13 with 1285 viewsbritferry

UK trade deal done with Japan on 09:10 - Sep 13 by Andy1300

Just pointing you to answers to your question.

I didnt ask the question... I just said I dont go near that thing, so god knows whats being discussed. Its way too big.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

UK trade deal done with Japan on 15:51 - Sep 13 with 1236 viewscontroversial_jack

Takes our total trade with Japan to 29 billion, a long way short of the 650 billion with the EU, Plus Japan is thousands of miles away
UK trade deal done with Japan on 15:54 - Sep 13 with 1233 viewsNotLoyal

UK trade deal done with Japan on 15:51 - Sep 13 by controversial_jack

Takes our total trade with Japan to 29 billion, a long way short of the 650 billion with the EU, Plus Japan is thousands of miles away

GDP though, that would improve.
Look a bit deeper, japan won't be the countries only trading partner.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 16:00]

OK I've changed it.

Login to get fewer ads

UK trade deal done with Japan on 16:13 - Sep 13 with 1213 viewsCatullus

UK trade deal done with Japan on 15:51 - Sep 13 by controversial_jack

Japan is just one country though. Assuming we actually do strike deals with other countries our figures will rise massively.

Our exports to the EU amount to 43% of our total exports. If we can increase exports elsewhere with deals like this then it's all good.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7851/#:~:text=In%202

PS, I've just seen that it's added 15 billion to our trade with them, there's a new digital deal and apparently it's a step twards joining the CPTPP,

https://thediplomat.com/2020/06/the-uk-wants-to-join-cptpp-thats-good-news-for-j

I reckon the time to be cynical is when all dealsare done and we will actually know if brexit is a success. That;s most likely years away but Rome wasn't built in a day!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

UK trade deal done with Japan on 16:50 - Sep 13 with 1199 viewsNotLoyal

UK trade deal done with Japan on 16:13 - Sep 13 by Catullus

Japan is just one country though. Assuming we actually do strike deals with other countries our figures will rise massively.

Our exports to the EU amount to 43% of our total exports. If we can increase exports elsewhere with deals like this then it's all good.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7851/#:~:text=In%202

PS, I've just seen that it's added 15 billion to our trade with them, there's a new digital deal and apparently it's a step twards joining the CPTPP,

https://thediplomat.com/2020/06/the-uk-wants-to-join-cptpp-thats-good-news-for-j

I reckon the time to be cynical is when all dealsare done and we will actually know if brexit is a success. That;s most likely years away but Rome wasn't built in a day!

Exactly, and once those multiple trade deals start there will be more to come from those deals,. More export and import. It can only get better.

OK I've changed it.

UK trade deal done with Japan on 17:07 - Sep 13 with 1190 viewscontroversial_jack

UK trade deal done with Japan on 15:54 - Sep 13 by NotLoyal

GDP though, that would improve.
Look a bit deeper, japan won't be the countries only trading partner.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 16:00]

Not if we lose out on EU trade
UK trade deal done with Japan on 17:08 - Sep 13 with 1188 viewscontroversial_jack

UK trade deal done with Japan on 16:13 - Sep 13 by Catullus

You think countries are going to make new deals in this present economic climate? Demand will drop not increase.
UK trade deal done with Japan on 17:26 - Sep 13 with 1181 viewsCatullus

UK trade deal done with Japan on 17:08 - Sep 13 by controversial_jack

You think countries are going to make new deals in this present economic climate? Demand will drop not increase.

Actually, looking at the figures the demand did drop, off a cliff edge, but countries are trying to open up economies again so demand will rise again.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/bulletins/gdpmonthlyestim

Things will return to where they were and grow again, this current situation isn't forever. Though you'd think some people wanted it that way!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

UK trade deal done with Japan on 17:29 - Sep 13 with 1179 viewscontroversial_jack

UK trade deal done with Japan on 17:26 - Sep 13 by Catullus

Actually, looking at the figures the demand did drop, off a cliff edge, but countries are trying to open up economies again so demand will rise again.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/bulletins/gdpmonthlyestim

Things will return to where they were and grow again, this current situation isn't forever. Though you'd think some people wanted it that way!

It's not going to return to normal for a long time.Even if it does, most countries already have their deals in place , so why would they decide to make deals with us? What do we have to offer that they can't already get?It's fantasy island with some, it really is.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 17:30]
UK trade deal done with Japan on 17:52 - Sep 13 with 1166 viewsCatullus

UK trade deal done with Japan on 17:29 - Sep 13 by controversial_jack

It's not going to return to normal for a long time.Even if it does, most countries already have their deals in place , so why would they decide to make deals with us? What do we have to offer that they can't already get?It's fantasy island with some, it really is.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 17:30]

Why would they want a deal with us? Well possibly because it would be worth billions for their own economy?

Why do you think Japan wanted a deal with us? Even the EU wants a deal, whether we'll get one is....dubious! Even so we can trade with any EU member on WTO rules.

When you say long time, how long do you think? Have you seen our growth number for the last few months, I think we are now 17% short of where we were in February. Growth is returning.

UK trade deal done with Japan on 18:48 - Sep 13 with 1153 viewsKerouac

We were told that we wouldn't be able to negotiate our own deals without getting bent over.
We were told that all that matters is the size of the market and population of the respective partners engaging in a trade deal.

The reality?
The UK negotiated a better deal with Japan than we had inside the EU, and we did this in record time, in the middle of political crises, in the middle of economic meltdown due to the Covid lockdown.
What is the reaction of those who have been proved wrong?
Well, predictable.

We will go on to sign many other trade deals.
Q. What is the challenge facing us?
A. Negotiating trade deals with irrational people who mean us harm, namely...

i) Our 'friends' and 'partners' in the EU...you know, the people we have been handing money over to for 40 years in return for being locked into an economic arrangement that means we pay more to the French and the Germans than we would pay for goods that come from outside the EU...those people who threaten our citizens and openly seek to break up our country.

ii) The possibility of negotiating a trade deal with a USA governed by Democrats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

UK trade deal done with Japan on 19:20 - Sep 13 with 1138 viewsNotLoyal

UK trade deal done with Japan on 17:07 - Sep 13 by controversial_jack

I would welcome the figures.

OK I've changed it.

UK trade deal done with Japan on 19:23 - Sep 13 with 1128 viewsKilkennyjack

UK trade deal done with Japan on 18:48 - Sep 13 by Kerouac

We were told that we wouldn't be able to negotiate our own deals without getting bent over.
We were told that all that matters is the size of the market and population of the respective partners engaging in a trade deal.

The reality?
The UK negotiated a better deal with Japan than we had inside the EU, and we did this in record time, in the middle of political crises, in the middle of economic meltdown due to the Covid lockdown.
Well, predictable.

i) Our 'friends' and 'partners' in the EU...you know, the people we have been handing money over to for 40 years in return for being locked into an economic arrangement that means we pay more to the French and the Germans than we would pay for goods that come from outside the EU...those people who threaten our citizens and openly seek to break up our country.

ii) The possibility of negotiating a trade deal with a USA governed by Democrats

Riddle us this ...

You make (say) metal boxes in Oldham.
Great product, normally demand from EU ...but new deal Brexit screws export to existing clients.
Existing clients source similar metal boxes from Holland (say).

So you lose existing happy clients due to Brexit.
Great don't worry though new trade deals with Japan (and China and India exist).
NB: EU already has a deal with Japan, but lets pretend it does not exist.

How the feck are you going to transport said metal boxes to Japan - and still keep the price attractive compared to the Japanese metal box makers. Its not possible.

So the company shrinks.
You can multiple this for China, India, and USA.

The information economy might be different, but manufacturing is fully screwed.

Brexidiots - you own this shiteshow ....

Also Irish Americans are all in Republican side, not just Dems.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 19:25]

UK trade deal done with Japan on 19:25 - Sep 13 with 1122 viewsAndy1300

UK trade deal done with Japan on 17:07 - Sep 13 by controversial_jack

You honestly believe that the EU countries don’t want to trade with us?

They will do a deal with us and we won’t lose out!

Number 1 team in Wales

UK trade deal done with Japan on 19:46 - Sep 13 with 1108 viewsKilkennyjack

UK trade deal done with Japan on 19:25 - Sep 13 by Andy1300

You honestly believe that the EU countries don’t want to trade with us?

They will do a deal with us and we won’t lose out!

We already have.

Tens of thousands of jobs have moved from uk to eu.

Take a look here

UK trade deal done with Japan on 19:51 - Sep 13 with 1103 viewsNotLoyal

UK trade deal done with Japan on 19:46 - Sep 13 by Kilkennyjack

We already have.

Tens of thousands of jobs have moved from uk to eu.

Take a look here

I can only assume they would want to get this done then.

OK I've changed it.

UK trade deal done with Japan on 19:53 - Sep 13 with 1101 viewsKerouac

UK trade deal done with Japan on 19:23 - Sep 13 by Kilkennyjack

Riddle us this ...

You make (say) metal boxes in Oldham.
Great product, normally demand from EU ...but new deal Brexit screws export to existing clients.
Existing clients source similar metal boxes from Holland (say).

So you lose existing happy clients due to Brexit.
Great don't worry though new trade deals with Japan (and China and India exist).
NB: EU already has a deal with Japan, but lets pretend it does not exist.

How the feck are you going to transport said metal boxes to Japan - and still keep the price attractive compared to the Japanese metal box makers. Its not possible.

So the company shrinks.
You can multiple this for China, India, and USA.

The information economy might be different, but manufacturing is fully screwed.

Brexidiots - you own this shiteshow ....

Also Irish Americans are all in Republican side, not just Dems.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 19:25]

Yes, good luck to you in the metal box business, and good luck to your fellow Irishmen without a deal with the UK

UK trade deal done with Japan on 20:45 - Sep 13 with 1084 viewscontroversial_jack

UK trade deal done with Japan on 17:52 - Sep 13 by Catullus

Why would they want a deal with us? Well possibly because it would be worth billions for their own economy?

Why do you think Japan wanted a deal with us? Even the EU wants a deal, whether we'll get one is....dubious! Even so we can trade with any EU member on WTO rules.

When you say long time, how long do you think? Have you seen our growth number for the last few months, I think we are now 17% short of where we were in February. Growth is returning.

Why is it worth billions to them. The Japanese consumer only want so much, so why would they want our produce.These countries are not going to ditch their existing deals just to do trade with us.

What do we want from Japan? I don't want a new car. It's not a board game, there has to be real advantages to making deals with us.

Economies may be recovering a lot of what has been lost, but there is still going to be lots of unemployment and a lack of demand.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 20:48]
UK trade deal done with Japan on 21:00 - Sep 13 with 1068 viewsKerouac

UK trade deal done with Japan on 20:45 - Sep 13 by controversial_jack

Why is it worth billions to them. The Japanese consumer only want so much, so why would they want our produce.These countries are not going to ditch their existing deals just to do trade with us.

What do we want from Japan? I don't want a new car. It's not a board game, there has to be real advantages to making deals with us.

Economies may be recovering a lot of what has been lost, but there is still going to be lots of unemployment and a lack of demand.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 20:48]

Vehicles: US$148.8 billion (21.1% of total exports)
Machinery including computers: $137 billion (19.4%)
Electrical machinery, equipment: $103.1 billion (14.6%)
Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $39.1 billion (5.5%)
Iron, steel: $26.1 billion (3.7%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $25.2 billion (3.6%)
Organic chemicals: $17.8 billion (2.5%)
Mineral fuels including oil: $14 billion (2%)
Ships, boats: $13.8 billion (2%)
Other chemical goods: $11.9 billion (1.7%)

Here's a thought, we might want to sell stuff/services to them!

UK trade deal done with Japan on 21:15 - Sep 13 with 1062 viewsItchySphincter

UK trade deal done with Japan on 18:48 - Sep 13 by Kerouac

The reality?
Well, predictable.

Lol. It’s worth about 0.07% of what we got through the EU. 😂😂😂😂😂

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024