Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s playing Cardiff today? 17:26 - Sep 14 with 1743 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are they
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/preview-swansea-city-u23s-v-cardiff-city-u23s
Did they?
Nothing on the main site, no match day, nothing on Swans Twitter.
Are the U23s going to be ignored this season?

Sorry, wrong Forum.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 17:29]
U23s playing Cardiff today? on 17:37 - Sep 14 with 1733 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea won 5-1. Report strangely on wales online. Goals Williams D, Petersen, Garrick, Al hammadi and Cameron Evans. They have been operating at a higher level than Cardiff. both side contained first team squad memebers notably Petersen for Swansea.

Wise sage since Toshack era

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 17:45 - Sep 14 with 1718 viewsjasper_T

Looks like we'll be ignoring the u23s again, yeah. Really annoying. Had to follow along on a Cardiff twitter text feed.

Cardiff had a pretty strong side out - some experienced senior pros and Mark Harris who keeps Liam Cullen from the number 9 position for Wales u21s. I really like Sam Bowen who they brought on at half time, he was brilliant for Wales u19s when they last played.

Looks like we played with wingbacks as there's 3 centre halves in there (Butler, Cam Evans, Jake Thomas) and one of Rushesha or Bevan must have moved from right back into midfield, as both did quite a bit for the u18s. Dynamite front three in Garrick, Peterson and Oli Cooper.
U23s playing Cardiff today? on 17:48 - Sep 14 with 1706 viewsjasper_T

Tyler Evans (GK), Harry Jones and Cameron Congreve are all first year scholars. Looking a bit thin on the ground, or maybe the rest of the u18s have a game themselves (edit: they played last friendly a couple of days ago before the season starts on Saturday).

Denham on their bench just signed from Man Utd's academy.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 19:58]
U23s playing Cardiff today? on 18:57 - Sep 14 with 1639 viewsbritferry

Plenty of coverage of it on Annus site

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 20:41 - Sep 14 with 1561 viewsA_Fans_Dad

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 18:57 - Sep 14 by britferry

Plenty of coverage of it on Annus site

Sorry, I wouldn't know how to find my way to there.
U23s playing Cardiff today? on 20:43 - Sep 14 with 1557 viewsA_Fans_Dad

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 17:37 - Sep 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea won 5-1. Report strangely on wales online. Goals Williams D, Petersen, Garrick, Al hammadi and Cameron Evans. They have been operating at a higher level than Cardiff. both side contained first team squad memebers notably Petersen for Swansea.

Thanks, I will have to remember to look on there next time.
For someone so Youth orientated Cooper has let them down badly not persuading the club to show it.
U23s playing Cardiff today? on 20:55 - Sep 14 with 1547 viewsbritferry

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 20:41 - Sep 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry, I wouldn't know how to find my way to there.

cardiffcityforum.co.uk

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 21:09 - Sep 14 with 1534 viewsjasper_T

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 20:43 - Sep 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Thanks, I will have to remember to look on there next time.
For someone so Youth orientated Cooper has let them down badly not persuading the club to show it.

A few short years ago we were one of the best around for showing u23s matches (outside of paid services like MUTV). Far from it these days. Other clubs moved forward making games accessible while we've gone backwards. Swans twitter account intern doesn't even seem interested, you'd never know we had a game on.

Maybe if we had a few more Englishmen in the side.
Login to get fewer ads

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 05:02 - Sep 15 with 1420 viewsNotLoyal

Match report

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-demolish

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 10:44 - Sep 15 with 1340 views34dfgdf54

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 17:45 - Sep 14 by jasper_T

Looks like we'll be ignoring the u23s again, yeah. Really annoying. Had to follow along on a Cardiff twitter text feed.

Cardiff had a pretty strong side out - some experienced senior pros and Mark Harris who keeps Liam Cullen from the number 9 position for Wales u21s. I really like Sam Bowen who they brought on at half time, he was brilliant for Wales u19s when they last played.

Looks like we played with wingbacks as there's 3 centre halves in there (Butler, Cam Evans, Jake Thomas) and one of Rushesha or Bevan must have moved from right back into midfield, as both did quite a bit for the u18s. Dynamite front three in Garrick, Peterson and Oli Cooper.

That Bowen is Jason Bowen's son then I'm guessing? I've heard good things about him.

Didn't know Cullen was being kept out of the Welsh team by one of theirs though.
U23s playing Cardiff today? on 11:00 - Sep 15 with 1331 viewsjasper_T

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 10:44 - Sep 15 by 34dfgdf54

That Bowen is Jason Bowen's son then I'm guessing? I've heard good things about him.

Didn't know Cullen was being kept out of the Welsh team by one of theirs though.

Cullen got a couple of chances to play centre forward for the u21s towards the end of last year but in the last fixture it was back to the wing where he's never been much use. Bodin and Rob Page before him have preferred more athletic players like Harris and Broadhead to lead the line, as Toshack and Richards did with us with Baker-Richardson and Biabi.

Harris also has a handful of loans under his belt, so he's got the edge in senior football experience.
U23s playing Cardiff today? on 15:04 - Sep 15 with 1260 views34dfgdf54

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 11:00 - Sep 15 by jasper_T

Cullen got a couple of chances to play centre forward for the u21s towards the end of last year but in the last fixture it was back to the wing where he's never been much use. Bodin and Rob Page before him have preferred more athletic players like Harris and Broadhead to lead the line, as Toshack and Richards did with us with Baker-Richardson and Biabi.

Harris also has a handful of loans under his belt, so he's got the edge in senior football experience.

Just saw that Mark Harris was born in Swansea aswell?

What is this Al Hamadi like? I've heard a few people say he is highly rated down there but never had chance to watch him.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 15:04]
U23s playing Cardiff today? on 15:11 - Sep 15 with 1251 viewsjasper_T

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 15:04 - Sep 15 by 34dfgdf54

Just saw that Mark Harris was born in Swansea aswell?

What is this Al Hamadi like? I've heard a few people say he is highly rated down there but never had chance to watch him.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 15:04]

He's a big lad, 6'2+ but fairly mobile with it. Scored loads of goals for Tranmere before coming down, not quite as prolific with our u18s. This will be his first full season to show what he can do at u23s level.
U23s playing Cardiff today? on 15:18 - Sep 15 with 1246 viewsjackrmee

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 15:11 - Sep 15 by jasper_T

He's a big lad, 6'2+ but fairly mobile with it. Scored loads of goals for Tranmere before coming down, not quite as prolific with our u18s. This will be his first full season to show what he can do at u23s level.

Seems he's had a difficult, but interesting life. Talented kid.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Al-Hamadi

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 12:21 - Sep 16 with 1119 viewsReslovenSwan1

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 10:44 - Sep 15 by 34dfgdf54

Mis information. Bowen is in Wales u19, Cullen Wales u21. Wales u21 has numerous Swansea players but low in Wales u19
Cardiff have 4 or 5 in Wales u19. Liverpool players Boyes and Neco Williams were standouts along with a winger from Brentford Adams and Swansea keeper Webb.
Bowen Patten were Welsh u19 midfield with Isaak Davies and dan Griffiths hard working hard running forwards. Cameron Evans was one of three centre backs.
The next batch of Wales u17 should be interesting. A very sucessfull group with 7-8 Swans in the squad. Young Congreve was part of that group.

Wise sage since Toshack era

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 14:13 - Sep 16 with 1091 viewsjasper_T

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 12:21 - Sep 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Mis information. Bowen is in Wales u19, Cullen Wales u21. Wales u21 has numerous Swansea players but low in Wales u19
Cardiff have 4 or 5 in Wales u19. Liverpool players Boyes and Neco Williams were standouts along with a winger from Brentford Adams and Swansea keeper Webb.
Bowen Patten were Welsh u19 midfield with Isaak Davies and dan Griffiths hard working hard running forwards. Cameron Evans was one of three centre backs.
The next batch of Wales u17 should be interesting. A very sucessfull group with 7-8 Swans in the squad. Young Congreve was part of that group.

When everyone is fit Webb, Rushesha, Williams and Cam Evans have been in the u19s squads, not a bad number from us. Sam Pearson (Bristol City) was a standout for me in the last round of games.

Wonder if Giggs will lend captain Neco back to the u19s for the elite round when it's finally played (next month fingers crossed).
U23s playing Cardiff today? on 19:44 - Sep 16 with 1049 viewsKilkennyjack

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 11:00 - Sep 15 by jasper_T

Did Toshack and Richards think Baker-Richardson and Biabi were Championship standard players ?

Beware of the Risen People

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 20:21 - Sep 16 with 1027 viewsjasper_T

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 19:44 - Sep 16 by Kilkennyjack

Did Toshack and Richards think Baker-Richardson and Biabi were Championship standard players ?

Sometimes it's about players for a system, even in development football. Not that there weren't a few suspect selection tendencies, usually benefiting the costly signings over local boys. Biabi, Blair, Tyler Reid, Marco Dulca...
U23s playing Cardiff today? on 07:19 - Sep 17 with 960 views34dfgdf54

U23s playing Cardiff today? on 14:13 - Sep 16 by jasper_T

When everyone is fit Webb, Rushesha, Williams and Cam Evans have been in the u19s squads, not a bad number from us. Sam Pearson (Bristol City) was a standout for me in the last round of games.

Wonder if Giggs will lend captain Neco back to the u19s for the elite round when it's finally played (next month fingers crossed).

Got high hopes for Webb. Local lad around me, one of the lads I know went through college etc with him. Apparently he's ridiculously committed to making a career for himself in the game, never touches a drop of alcohol or junk food. Apparently we've bulked him up big time which was badly needed from the photos I saw of him playing for Merthyr.

Good luck to the kid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024