Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC's obvious bias... 00:03 - Sep 15 with 8943 viewsKerouac

This one goes out to Neath Jack and the Planet Swans Posse.

Another shooting of a black man by a US police officer, see here;

There are outraged protests, obviously, read here;
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/police-fire-tear-gas-on-crowd-protesting-fa

Are the BBC interested? Are they f*ck...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/us_and_canada

Why?

...cheers, Perch
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 12:43]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

BBC's obvious bias... on 00:21 - Sep 15 with 3398 viewsHighjack

I haven't seen anything on the Beeb about this.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

BBC's obvious bias... on 00:49 - Sep 15 with 3385 viewsDr_Parnassus

If anyone doesn’t see the bias in the MSN then they are off their rockers.

Find me something in the MSM that says “BLACK cop kills WHITE man”, I would imagine it doesn’t exist even though there are plenty of examples. It would either not be reported or it would be “police shoot suspect” hidden away in the depths of their website.

As soon as they find out the person shot is black and the officer is white, they love it. It’s splashed everywhere and the races are made absolutely clear “WHITE cop guns down BLACK man” devoid of any context, the fact he was about to knife them is irrelevant, facts don’t matter when there is a narrative to uphold.

CNN once described Joe Biden’s visit to Mount Rushmore as “Biden taking in the breathtaking monument depicting our founding fathers”.

Trump went and CNN said “Trump gives divisive speech in front of monument of 2 slave owners on land wrestled from natives”

Name 5 white people shot and killed by police in America? You can’t? Ok name 3... you can’t?

Ask yourself why.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

BBC's obvious bias... on 01:22 - Sep 15 with 3372 viewsKerouac

BBC's obvious bias... on 00:21 - Sep 15 by Highjack

I haven't seen anything on the Beeb about this.

Get serious you low 'T' f*ck.

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:10 - Sep 15 with 3275 viewsKerouac

He had it coming really didn't he...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/us-protests-quiet-night-in-lancaster-pennsy

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:16 - Sep 15 with 3271 viewsCatullus

At various times the BBC has been accused of being left wing, right wing and everywhere in between. Maybe that shows it's actually not biased, maybe it just has poor journalists who can't present a story without spinning it to their political favour?

The Beeb is vastly more impartial than most mainstream media.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:22 - Sep 15 with 3269 viewsAndy1300

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:16 - Sep 15 by Catullus

At various times the BBC has been accused of being left wing, right wing and everywhere in between. Maybe that shows it's actually not biased, maybe it just has poor journalists who can't present a story without spinning it to their political favour?

The Beeb is vastly more impartial than most mainstream media.

Really?

I really don’t think so

Number 1 team in Wales

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:27 - Sep 15 with 3265 viewsNortbankboy

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:22 - Sep 15 by Andy1300

Really?

I really don’t think so

It is more right wing,but they have upset Cummings and Boris with
The tv license.so they will be toast before long.
The right media got it in for them now.
They will be replaced by fox news now they are middle of the road!
BBC's obvious bias... on 11:28 - Sep 15 with 3264 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Really?

I really don’t think so

Nor me.
Login to get fewer ads

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:30 - Sep 15 with 3260 viewsHighjack

BBC's obvious bias... on 01:22 - Sep 15 by Kerouac

Get serious you low 'T' f*ck.

What?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:39 - Sep 15 with 3255 viewsCatullus

Really?

I really don’t think so

I'm not saying it's completely impartial but certainly vastly more than the Express or Guardian, shall we compare it with Fox news?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:47 - Sep 15 with 3250 viewsKerouac

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:30 - Sep 15 by Highjack

What?

Just a bit of fun...

Is Cultural Marxism a conspiracy theory? by Kerouac 17 Jun 2020 0:48
Ace and Drizzy feel able to claim that the very notion of Cultural Marxism is a taboo subject (suspicious that) and an "anti-Semitic conspiracy theory".

So it should be easy for them to destroy my argument then right?
Or alternatively their mate ECB will delete this in order to avoid the conversation.

So I'll kick us off then boys with an extract from Wikipedia, does it contain anything false?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School

The Frankfurt School perspective of critical investigation (open-ended and self-critical) is based upon Freudian, Marxist and Hegelian premises of idealist philosophy. To fill the omissions of 19th-century classical Marxism, which could not address 20th-century social problems, they applied the methods of antipositivist sociology, of psychoanalysis, and of existentialism. The School's sociologic works derived from syntheses of the thematically pertinent works of Immanuel Kant, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, and Karl Marx, of Sigmund Freud and Max Weber, and of Georg Simmel and Georg Lukács.
Like Karl Marx, the Frankfurt School concerned themselves with the conditions (political, economic, societal) that allow for social change realised by way of rational social institutions. The emphasis upon the critical component of social theory derived from surpassing the ideological limitations of positivism, materialism, and determinism, by returning to the critical philosophy of Kant, and his successors in German idealism – principally the philosophy of Hegel, which emphasised dialectic and contradiction as intellectual properties inherent to the human grasp of material reality.

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:50 - Sep 15 with 3247 viewsCatullus

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:47 - Sep 15 by Kerouac

Just a bit of fun...

Is Cultural Marxism a conspiracy theory? by Kerouac 17 Jun 2020 0:48
Ace and Drizzy feel able to claim that the very notion of Cultural Marxism is a taboo subject (suspicious that) and an "anti-Semitic conspiracy theory".

So it should be easy for them to destroy my argument then right?
Or alternatively their mate ECB will delete this in order to avoid the conversation.

So I'll kick us off then boys with an extract from Wikipedia, does it contain anything false?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School

The Frankfurt School perspective of critical investigation (open-ended and self-critical) is based upon Freudian, Marxist and Hegelian premises of idealist philosophy. To fill the omissions of 19th-century classical Marxism, which could not address 20th-century social problems, they applied the methods of antipositivist sociology, of psychoanalysis, and of existentialism. The School's sociologic works derived from syntheses of the thematically pertinent works of Immanuel Kant, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, and Karl Marx, of Sigmund Freud and Max Weber, and of Georg Simmel and Georg Lukács.
Like Karl Marx, the Frankfurt School concerned themselves with the conditions (political, economic, societal) that allow for social change realised by way of rational social institutions. The emphasis upon the critical component of social theory derived from surpassing the ideological limitations of positivism, materialism, and determinism, by returning to the critical philosophy of Kant, and his successors in German idealism – principally the philosophy of Hegel, which emphasised dialectic and contradiction as intellectual properties inherent to the human grasp of material reality.

Waaaay to deep for a Tuesday morning.

Lets just stick with all humans are stupid, even the clever ones. We all say and do stupid things and keep repeating our mistakes.

Take me, I keep expecting my son will keep his bedroom tidy, because I tell him to. Completely stupid of me!

BBC's obvious bias... on 12:23 - Sep 15 with 3227 viewsHumpty

Personally I doubt very many news organizations worldwide wide put more effort into being impartial more than the BBC. Watch an American news channel for contrast.

For those who think the BBC is biased to the left, who would you describe as a genuinely unbiased news organization?
BBC's obvious bias... on 12:28 - Sep 15 with 3219 viewsA_Fans_Dad

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:39 - Sep 15 by Catullus

I'm not saying it's completely impartial but certainly vastly more than the Express or Guardian, shall we compare it with Fox news?

How do you identify "impartiality" with so much fake news about.
How do you know which news outlet is giving you the closest to the truth.
I will tell you how, by investigation of the original facts, which is neither easy or quick and the vast majority of people can't be bothered.
BBC's obvious bias... on 12:38 - Sep 15 with 3212 viewsonehunglow

This one goes out to the one I love.

BBC right wing.FFS

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

BBC's obvious bias... on 13:10 - Sep 15 with 3189 viewsGwyn737

BBC's obvious bias... on 12:23 - Sep 15 by Humpty

Personally I doubt very many news organizations worldwide wide put more effort into being impartial more than the BBC. Watch an American news channel for contrast.

For those who think the BBC is biased to the left, who would you describe as a genuinely unbiased news organization?

This.

The BBC can be woolly, occasionally misguided and sometimes guilty of trying to please everyone (and failing).

Both sides thinks it leans the other way which I reckon demonstrates success.

As Hump says, look at the alternative - Fox or MSNBC and choose your news.
BBC's obvious bias... on 13:17 - Sep 15 with 3182 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is not only about left or right bias.
They are biased about people and organisations as well.
BBC's obvious bias... on 13:26 - Sep 15 with 3173 viewsonehunglow

I gave up long ago about all Media and how they portray events.

Right or left is simply about perception

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

BBC's obvious bias... on 13:46 - Sep 15 with 3148 viewstheloneranger

BBC's obvious bias... on 00:49 - Sep 15 by Dr_Parnassus

If anyone doesn’t see the bias in the MSN then they are off their rockers.

Find me something in the MSM that says “BLACK cop kills WHITE man”, I would imagine it doesn’t exist even though there are plenty of examples. It would either not be reported or it would be “police shoot suspect” hidden away in the depths of their website.

As soon as they find out the person shot is black and the officer is white, they love it. It’s splashed everywhere and the races are made absolutely clear “WHITE cop guns down BLACK man” devoid of any context, the fact he was about to knife them is irrelevant, facts don’t matter when there is a narrative to uphold.

CNN once described Joe Biden’s visit to Mount Rushmore as “Biden taking in the breathtaking monument depicting our founding fathers”.

Trump went and CNN said “Trump gives divisive speech in front of monument of 2 slave owners on land wrestled from natives”

Name 5 white people shot and killed by police in America? You can’t? Ok name 3... you can’t?

Ask yourself why.

Brandon Stanley, Daniel Shaver and James Scott.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

BBC's obvious bias... on 17:45 - Sep 15 with 3076 viewsNeath_Jack

Who are the Planet Swans Posse? Surely they won't be replying to you as they are on the other site.

As for BBC media bias:
1. I couldn't care less if they are or not.
2. I have not done a study on any of them to establish if they are or not.
3. My opinion is that they are probably not, but see point 1.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

BBC's obvious bias... on 19:16 - Sep 15 with 3034 viewsHighjack

The Beeb is so terrified of offending anybody anywhere. Years ago if they took a risk and did something vaguely controversial they’d probably just get a few letters or Mary Whitehouse would be getting her knickers in a twist. Nowadays there’s always a baying mob of thousands of little Mary Shitehouses sitting on twitter just waiting for something to be gleefully outraged about.

There could be a programme on that 99% of people enjoy but it only takes that twitter storm “ooh you can’t say that” bunch of tossers, most of which wouldn’t have even watched the show in the first place and a grovelling apology has to be issued.

I think to return to it’s glory days the Beeb just has to grow some balls and some ovaries (phew accusations of sexism avoided) and just say “if you don’t like it don’t watch it. This show isn’t for you precious little petals, grow up.” They need to abandon these stupid diversity quotas and just employ the best people for the job, regardless of how much melanin or oestrogen they produce or who they like to shag.

BBC's obvious bias... on 19:45 - Sep 15 with 3014 viewsFieryJack

"They need to abandon these stupid diversity quotas and just employ the best people for the job"

Hypothetically, if it could somehow be proven beyond any doubt whatsoever that the best people for all the front-of-house jobs (presenting/interviewing/newsreading etc.), and all of the back room jobs (editing/producing/directing etc.) were ethnic minority women, would you find this acceptable?

I hope to Christ you can find it in yourself to answer in the affirmative.

And if someone then pointed out that 90% of the British public are white, and that they should be represented somewhere on the BBC, Would you have a problem with selecting white people for the purposes of ethnic diversity?
BBC's obvious bias... on 20:02 - Sep 15 with 2989 viewsHighjack

BBC's obvious bias... on 19:45 - Sep 15 by FieryJack

"They need to abandon these stupid diversity quotas and just employ the best people for the job"

Hypothetically, if it could somehow be proven beyond any doubt whatsoever that the best people for all the front-of-house jobs (presenting/interviewing/newsreading etc.), and all of the back room jobs (editing/producing/directing etc.) were ethnic minority women, would you find this acceptable?

I hope to Christ you can find it in yourself to answer in the affirmative.

And if someone then pointed out that 90% of the British public are white, and that they should be represented somewhere on the BBC, Would you have a problem with selecting white people for the purposes of ethnic diversity?

Definitely. Some of my favourites are ethnic minority women. Liz Bonnin for example is so warm and friendly and likeable and very knowledgeable on her nature shows. I'm a little bit in love with her to be honest, not in a John Hinkley sort of way but I do think she's fantastic and absolutely the best person for the job who thoroughly deserves to present any show she's given and will always do a brilliant job.

What is wrong however is sacking people who are doing good jobs specifically to replace them for the sole reason of the colour of their skin, or their age, or because they don't have a gay person in there, or there's not enough people with vaginas on the show.

BBC's obvious bias... on 20:32 - Sep 15 with 2958 viewsItchySphincter

BBC's obvious bias... on 17:45 - Sep 15 by Neath_Jack

Who are the Planet Swans Posse? Surely they won't be replying to you as they are on the other site.

As for BBC media bias:
1. I couldn't care less if they are or not.
2. I have not done a study on any of them to establish if they are or not.
3. My opinion is that they are probably not, but see point 1.

Of course they’re not.

A right wing nat Bojo the Clown fanboi calling out a broadcaster that has Laura Kuennsberg as their show pony ..... too funny.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

BBC's obvious bias... on 20:34 - Sep 15 with 2953 viewsItchySphincter

BBC's obvious bias... on 11:30 - Sep 15 by Highjack

What?

Low testosterone. He’s trying to be funny and offensive again. Failed again.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 20:35]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024