Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hideously under-reported 23:50 - Sep 15 with 7565 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trumps peace deal he has brokered between Israel, UAE and Bahrain is absolutely historic.

Rumours circulating that Saudi Arabia will soon follow suit which will be truly jaw dropping. Trump has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, I can’t think of too many that deserve it more.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Hideously under-reported on 12:10 - Sep 16 with 1401 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 12:00 - Sep 16 by A_Fans_Dad

I would love to see the data for that study, do you have a link?
If they had said 93% of protesters were peaceful I would have believed them.
I would even say 99.9% were peaceful, but it is meaningless.
There have been very few peaceful protests over the last few months.

https://acleddata.com/#/dashboard

There is a specific link below the main dashboard to the 'US Crisis". -not my words.
Hideously under-reported on 12:14 - Sep 16 with 1398 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 12:01 - Sep 16 by Professor

It's an independent statistic from ACLED who receive State Department, Dutch and German government funding. Not from a newspaper or political organisation. Looks a very reliable source without bias.

Of course peaceful protests are not reported much either.

But that study showed major widespread violence on a quite unprecedented scale, yes?

Hideously under-reported on 12:19 - Sep 16 with 1392 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Hideously under-reported on 12:01 - Sep 16 by Professor

It's an independent statistic from ACLED who receive State Department, Dutch and German government funding. Not from a newspaper or political organisation. Looks a very reliable source without bias.

Of course peaceful protests are not reported much either.

So, is that a worldwide statistic or just the USA?
Hideously under-reported on 12:51 - Sep 16 with 1378 viewsItchySphincter

Hideously under-reported on 08:32 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Is what for your benefit? The double post? Nobodies benefit really, just kind of happened.

Apology accepted, say no more.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Hideously under-reported on 12:56 - Sep 16 with 1372 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 12:51 - Sep 16 by ItchySphincter

Apology accepted, say no more.

I appreciate your apology.

Hideously under-reported on 13:15 - Sep 16 with 1368 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 12:19 - Sep 16 by A_Fans_Dad

So, is that a worldwide statistic or just the USA?

Read it.

Lists all conflicts, wars, battles, protests, violence on civilians, political violence.
Hideously under-reported on 13:17 - Sep 16 with 1365 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 12:14 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

But that study showed major widespread violence on a quite unprecedented scale, yes?

No. It shows the protests and how many had a violent element. Far from widespread and mainly what has been publicised widely. It's live data not a retrospective study
Hideously under-reported on 13:19 - Sep 16 with 1361 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 13:17 - Sep 16 by Professor

No. It shows the protests and how many had a violent element. Far from widespread and mainly what has been publicised widely. It's live data not a retrospective study

I’m not with you, how is 570 violent riots over 220 different locations countrywide over a relatively short period of time not widespread violent rioting on unprecedented scale?

What you are currently trying to say is the majority of Harold Shipmans interactions with his patients were fine.... well yes, but that’s hardly the point is it.

Login to get fewer ads

Hideously under-reported on 13:36 - Sep 16 with 1351 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 13:19 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not with you, how is 570 violent riots over 220 different locations countrywide over a relatively short period of time not widespread violent rioting on unprecedented scale?

What you are currently trying to say is the majority of Harold Shipmans interactions with his patients were fine.... well yes, but that’s hardly the point is it.

That includes any property damage (even relatively minor like a single smashed window-which means we have riots every weekend too) and every repeated night in Portland for example.

If you dig deeper there are 11, 000 protests (not just BLM) in the US and 50 acts of 'political violence'.

It is clear 93% of protests around BLM were not considered violent. Not that excuses the 6.7% that were.
Hideously under-reported on 13:53 - Sep 16 with 1341 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 13:36 - Sep 16 by Professor

That includes any property damage (even relatively minor like a single smashed window-which means we have riots every weekend too) and every repeated night in Portland for example.

If you dig deeper there are 11, 000 protests (not just BLM) in the US and 50 acts of 'political violence'.

It is clear 93% of protests around BLM were not considered violent. Not that excuses the 6.7% that were.

Violence isn’t property damage. I am talking about violence, there was 570 violent riots across 220 different locations across the country.

That’s ridiculous.

But again I’m not sure what point you are making. I’m pretty sure 99% of KKK rallies are non violent.

Hideously under-reported on 13:58 - Sep 16 with 1338 viewsKerouac

Kudos to the Prof for making a decent argument and creating debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Hideously under-reported on 14:10 - Sep 16 with 1332 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 13:53 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Violence isn’t property damage. I am talking about violence, there was 570 violent riots across 220 different locations across the country.

That’s ridiculous.

But again I’m not sure what point you are making. I’m pretty sure 99% of KKK rallies are non violent.

Read the definition-includes property not just acts against a person. Devil in the detail.

Working now so no replies until much later (perhaps tomorrow)
Hideously under-reported on 14:12 - Sep 16 with 1328 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 13:58 - Sep 16 by Kerouac

Kudos to the Prof for making a decent argument and creating debate

Thanks.

I'll say again, any violence is unacceptable in this.
Hideously under-reported on 14:24 - Sep 16 with 1319 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 14:10 - Sep 16 by Professor

Read the definition-includes property not just acts against a person. Devil in the detail.

Working now so no replies until much later (perhaps tomorrow)

1) I am well aware of the study and what it includes. But “not just” doesn’t mean “only”.

These riots are incredibly violent, 20,000 arrests, a billion $ of damage, 30+ people dead and thousands injured. You are vastly misrepresenting the violent riots as “a broken window”.

I would happily state that none of these represent a single broken window. It has without a doubt been widespread violence on a scale rarely seen in the Western World in the modern era, there is no argument against that. Do you disagree?

2) I am still struggling to see what your point is. Most extreme protests are non violent, be that the KKK, Westboro Baptist Church, you name it. However this extremism has also shown us widespread anarchy, violence and criminal activity rarely seen in the modern day more than the likes of the KKK and Westboro combined.

Hideously under-reported on 15:00 - Sep 16 with 1308 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Hideously under-reported on 13:15 - Sep 16 by Professor

Read it.

Lists all conflicts, wars, battles, protests, violence on civilians, political violence.

You might just have noticed that my question was in relation to your first post with no link.
I could hardly read it without seeing the second. I have this unusual habit of reading down pages and not up pages.
Hideously under-reported on 15:30 - Sep 16 with 1296 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Hideously under-reported on 12:10 - Sep 16 by Professor

https://acleddata.com/#/dashboard

There is a specific link below the main dashboard to the 'US Crisis". -not my words.

Thank you for the link, I have now downloaded the data and looked at it.

Sorry to disappoint you but the data is incomplete, I am not saying that they are biased, just that the data is not good enough.
I first ordered the data by the people actioning the protest and or riot etc.

This is their total data for Antifa protests of any kind, = 6.
26-Jun-2020 2020 1 Protests Peaceful protest Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter
14-Aug-2020 2020 1 Protests Protest with intervention Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter
19-Jun-2020 2020 1 Riots Violent demonstration Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter
19-Jul-2020 2020 1 Riots Violent demonstration Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter
07-Aug-2020 2020 1 Riots Violent demonstration Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter
31-Jul-2020 2020 1 Riots Violent demonstration Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter; Civilians (United States); Journalists (United States)

Now if that had been for one week or even one month I might have believed it, but not for 4 and a half months.

There are also many "protests with intervention", why there would be intervention unless something illegal was going on I don't know.
For instance there were those "peaceful protest" where customers were being brow beaten very aggressively, ie not peaceful and also not actually violent, only very threatening.

There are also 50 violent protests without any participant data.

I am not sure I really want to bother with analysing the rest of the data.
Hideously under-reported on 23:08 - Sep 16 with 1256 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 15:30 - Sep 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Thank you for the link, I have now downloaded the data and looked at it.

Sorry to disappoint you but the data is incomplete, I am not saying that they are biased, just that the data is not good enough.
I first ordered the data by the people actioning the protest and or riot etc.

This is their total data for Antifa protests of any kind, = 6.
26-Jun-2020 2020 1 Protests Peaceful protest Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter
14-Aug-2020 2020 1 Protests Protest with intervention Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter
19-Jun-2020 2020 1 Riots Violent demonstration Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter
19-Jul-2020 2020 1 Riots Violent demonstration Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter
07-Aug-2020 2020 1 Riots Violent demonstration Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter
31-Jul-2020 2020 1 Riots Violent demonstration Antifa (United States); BLM: Black Lives Matter; Civilians (United States); Journalists (United States)

Now if that had been for one week or even one month I might have believed it, but not for 4 and a half months.

There are also many "protests with intervention", why there would be intervention unless something illegal was going on I don't know.
For instance there were those "peaceful protest" where customers were being brow beaten very aggressively, ie not peaceful and also not actually violent, only very threatening.

There are also 50 violent protests without any participant data.

I am not sure I really want to bother with analysing the rest of the data.

It was done by Princeton University, it’s extremely liberal.

As I said, this piece was a figure of fun a week or so ago when it was released as they set out to try and make out that this has been a peaceful movement and ended up proving anything but. It was a disaster outcome for their goal.

Horrific widespread violence and that has been shown in the effects of the data too with x amount dead, x amount injured and x amount of damage.

Hideously under-reported on 23:30 - Sep 16 with 1242 viewsJacketJack

No need to capitalize antifa. It’s not a proper noun. However, this yank is proudly anti-fascist.
Hideously under-reported on 23:35 - Sep 16 with 1237 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 23:30 - Sep 16 by JacketJack

No need to capitalize antifa. It’s not a proper noun. However, this yank is proudly anti-fascist.

It’s not a noun because the name and the noun are completely different entities.

ANTIFA are about as anti fascist as as Adolf Hitler was.

It’s a bit like the KKK changing their name to Kuddles, Kittens and Kindness. They represent nothing to do with any of those.

Everybody is anti fascist. The problem with ANTIFA is they label everything and everyone “fascist” who oppose them and use that as the pretext to use fascism to combat them. I would say ANTIFA are quite possibly the most fascist “hidden” organisation in modern history in the Western World.

I was called a fascist because someone asked me how many genders there were and I said “two”. You cannot be anti fascist if you don’t know what fascism is.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 23:39]

Hideously under-reported on 02:04 - Sep 17 with 1209 viewsDJack

Hideously under-reported on 23:35 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s not a noun because the name and the noun are completely different entities.

ANTIFA are about as anti fascist as as Adolf Hitler was.

It’s a bit like the KKK changing their name to Kuddles, Kittens and Kindness. They represent nothing to do with any of those.

Everybody is anti fascist. The problem with ANTIFA is they label everything and everyone “fascist” who oppose them and use that as the pretext to use fascism to combat them. I would say ANTIFA are quite possibly the most fascist “hidden” organisation in modern history in the Western World.

I was called a fascist because someone asked me how many genders there were and I said “two”. You cannot be anti fascist if you don’t know what fascism is.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 23:39]

Arrant nonsense. Antifa is a loosely associated group with any mutha who wishes to oppose facism able to "join-in". That will, unfortunately, include anarchists, marxists and other fringe groups. You are deliberately characterising the whole group using the fringe as a means to undermine the message.

As to your "Everybody is anti fascist"

https://www.justsecurity.org/72339/qanon-is-a-nazi-cult-rebranded/

A number of Republicans have been nominated on a Qanon platform...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Hideously under-reported on 03:05 - Sep 17 with 1201 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 02:04 - Sep 17 by DJack

Arrant nonsense. Antifa is a loosely associated group with any mutha who wishes to oppose facism able to "join-in". That will, unfortunately, include anarchists, marxists and other fringe groups. You are deliberately characterising the whole group using the fringe as a means to undermine the message.

As to your "Everybody is anti fascist"

https://www.justsecurity.org/72339/qanon-is-a-nazi-cult-rebranded/

A number of Republicans have been nominated on a Qanon platform...

Utter drivel.

ANTIFA are a funded and organised group that uses sophisticated methods of communication to avoid detection and purposely keep any structure firmly hidden with an open invite for people to join any ANTIFA led “activism” so people like you get confused over their intentions.

I’m amazed people get so confused by names. The Nazis really did miss a trick, they should have called themselves the “we support love” party, I’m sure there would be a few new converts on here off the back of it.

If you are against fascism, you don’t burn down civilian homes and businesses. If you are against fascism you don’t murder, attack and silence your political opposition.... coz you know... that’s kinda fascist.

ANTIFA have been infiltrated numerous times where their organisation has been exposed exactly for what it is. Wholesome civilians protesting against fascism (of which there isn’t any anyway) it is not.

[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 5:43]

Hideously under-reported on 18:06 - Sep 17 with 1145 viewsJacketJack

Hideously under-reported on 03:05 - Sep 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Utter drivel.

ANTIFA are a funded and organised group that uses sophisticated methods of communication to avoid detection and purposely keep any structure firmly hidden with an open invite for people to join any ANTIFA led “activism” so people like you get confused over their intentions.

I’m amazed people get so confused by names. The Nazis really did miss a trick, they should have called themselves the “we support love” party, I’m sure there would be a few new converts on here off the back of it.

If you are against fascism, you don’t burn down civilian homes and businesses. If you are against fascism you don’t murder, attack and silence your political opposition.... coz you know... that’s kinda fascist.

ANTIFA have been infiltrated numerous times where their organisation has been exposed exactly for what it is. Wholesome civilians protesting against fascism (of which there isn’t any anyway) it is not.

I was going to write a respectful response to your reply to my post to highlight the definition of Fascism (authoritarian ultranationalism) and how it relates to trump’s supporters and the authoritarians he praises. I would also have questioned your statement of Antifa being well organized and funded, comparing them to the kkk.

Then I watched the video. Blaze TV? Glen Beck?? A cast of 4 20 somethings in stocking caps?

You are just a conspiracy theorist crank
Hideously under-reported (n/t) (n/t) on 18:08 - Sep 17 with 1145 viewsJacketJack

Hideously under-reported on 03:05 - Sep 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Utter drivel.

[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 18:09]
Hideously under-reported on 19:55 - Sep 17 with 1115 viewsLohengrin

Hideously under-reported on 18:06 - Sep 17 by JacketJack

I was going to write a respectful response to your reply to my post to highlight the definition of Fascism (authoritarian ultranationalism) and how it relates to trump’s supporters and the authoritarians he praises. I would also have questioned your statement of Antifa being well organized and funded, comparing them to the kkk.

Then I watched the video. Blaze TV? Glen Beck?? A cast of 4 20 somethings in stocking caps?

”...highlight the definition of Fascism (authoritarian ultranationalism) and how it relates to trump’s supporters and the authoritarians he praises.“

I’d probably see it more in the light of a form of patriotic collectivism, the interventionist state. To describe the orange buffoon and his band of manic boosters as ‘Fascist’ is, I think, way wide of the mark.

The closest approximation of Fascist economic planning you’ve had stateside would have been FDR and the architects behind the New Deal. An American parallel to the draining of the Pontine Marshes being the formation of the Tennessee Valley Authority.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Hideously under-reported on 01:23 - Sep 18 with 1063 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 18:06 - Sep 17 by JacketJack

Which part is a conspiracy theory? You genuinely think ANTIFA are not an organised and funded group? Are you utterly bonkers or just in extreme denial?

I haven’t compared them to the KKK. I’m not sure where you read that comparison, however now you mentioned it:-

They are similar in fact that they are a hate group, funded and organised with a goal to wipe out its opposition using force and... fascism funnily enough. They are also both domestic terrorist groups.

Fascism is the use of force in order to suppress political opposition. The only people doing that currently are the left with ANTIFA and BLM, Trump supporters are endlessly requesting dialogue and debate, that’s not fascism. BLM and ANTIFA are going state to state like some sort of Hitler youth rounding on anyone they see to join their way of thinking or face the mob.

Having a democratically elected President in charge doesn’t then become fascist just because you wanted someone else instead.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 1:25]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024