Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trotters in Town on saturday 14:12 - Sep 17 with 1219 viewsdurham_exile

My programme arrived in the post today. Good news.
My match preview to follow on this thread tonight hopefully.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 21:37 - Sep 17 with 697 viewsdurham_exile

Steve Ball and his Colchester charges finally return to the JSCS for the first home match of the season when they entertain Ian Evatt’s Trotters on Saturday. Sadly, the game is not one of those to feature 1,000 supporters so only those cardboard supporters that have been in place since the Play Off semi-final against Exeter will witness the game.

Bolton have just announced that they have sold 7,000 Season Tickets for the current season and so will be hoping that the restrictions are lifted soon. Although in truth it looks unlikely before November.

The last time we played Bolton was a friendly in 1997 which resulted in a 1-1 draw.

Brandon Comley will likely be lining up against his old team and the much-travelled Eoin Doyle plus the highly rated Nathan Delfouneso. Bolton despite their financial woes have no shortage of new players and are one of the favourites for promotion.

Frankly, this is the sort of game early doors in the season that we should be looking to win. Not only to give much needed confidence, but also to send a message of intent to the other promotion rivals.

The 2020/21 squad photograph was published this week and included Chuck Norris who was photoshopped in because he is currently at St George’s Park undergoing rehab. The other injuries affecting U’s players are Tom Lapslie, Callum Harriott and Diaz Wright.

We learned this week that Martell Taylor-Crossdale’ s absence from the team last weekend was due to the fact that he is a project and SB reckons he is not yet match fit.

Given that MTC is virtually our only striker it is to be hoped that he is soon passed match fit because we missed him at Valley parade where his presence might well have won the game.

I would be inclined to include him on the bench and give him 20 minutes at least against Bolton. The youngster need match fitness yes, but he also needs vital match minutes in the first team.

There is no word on a possible loan signing from Pompey that of Reeco Hackett-Fairchild a striker who is also courted by Hull City.

It is unlikely therefore that SB and HM will make any changes to last week’s squad.
The line up is really 4,5,1 but being charitable it is shown as 4,3,3

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Pell Chilvers Stevenson

Poku Brown Gambin

Subs:
George Sowunmi Senior Cowan-Hall Scarlett Marshall-Miranda Tovide

(I would definitely include MTC on the bench instead of 16-year-old Tovide)

The weather at the JSCS is likely to be 19 degrees Celsius and sunny on Saturday. The pitch will be like a billiard table and plenty of drinks breaks the order of the day.

As I pen these comments the North East of England has gone into local lockdown affecting 2 million people. County Durham is included in the authorities where restrictions are back in place, so I could not make it to the JSCS even if I somehow obtained a ticket in the near future, all very frustrating.

Still I have my programme and iFollow lined up so we just need the three points courtesy of a 2-0 home victory.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 21:40]

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 21:40 - Sep 17 with 694 viewsburnsieespana

Another great post Durham.
Am not far from you as doing my two weeks quarantine in Hawick.
At least my cut out will be on parade on Saturday!
Trotters in Town on saturday on 21:42 - Sep 17 with 691 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 21:40 - Sep 17 by burnsieespana

Another great post Durham.
Am not far from you as doing my two weeks quarantine in Hawick.
At least my cut out will be on parade on Saturday!

burnsie great to hear that you are in the UK albeit quarantined.
We are locked down from here to the Scottish border as per tomorrow!

Enjoy the game and stay safe.

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 22:07 - Sep 17 with 683 viewswessex_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 21:37 - Sep 17 by durham_exile

Steve Ball and his Colchester charges finally return to the JSCS for the first home match of the season when they entertain Ian Evatt’s Trotters on Saturday. Sadly, the game is not one of those to feature 1,000 supporters so only those cardboard supporters that have been in place since the Play Off semi-final against Exeter will witness the game.

Bolton have just announced that they have sold 7,000 Season Tickets for the current season and so will be hoping that the restrictions are lifted soon. Although in truth it looks unlikely before November.

The last time we played Bolton was a friendly in 1997 which resulted in a 1-1 draw.

Brandon Comley will likely be lining up against his old team and the much-travelled Eoin Doyle plus the highly rated Nathan Delfouneso. Bolton despite their financial woes have no shortage of new players and are one of the favourites for promotion.

Frankly, this is the sort of game early doors in the season that we should be looking to win. Not only to give much needed confidence, but also to send a message of intent to the other promotion rivals.

The 2020/21 squad photograph was published this week and included Chuck Norris who was photoshopped in because he is currently at St George’s Park undergoing rehab. The other injuries affecting U’s players are Tom Lapslie, Callum Harriott and Diaz Wright.

We learned this week that Martell Taylor-Crossdale’ s absence from the team last weekend was due to the fact that he is a project and SB reckons he is not yet match fit.

Given that MTC is virtually our only striker it is to be hoped that he is soon passed match fit because we missed him at Valley parade where his presence might well have won the game.

I would be inclined to include him on the bench and give him 20 minutes at least against Bolton. The youngster need match fitness yes, but he also needs vital match minutes in the first team.

There is no word on a possible loan signing from Pompey that of Reeco Hackett-Fairchild a striker who is also courted by Hull City.

It is unlikely therefore that SB and HM will make any changes to last week’s squad.
The line up is really 4,5,1 but being charitable it is shown as 4,3,3

Gerken

Pell Chilvers Stevenson

Poku Brown Gambin

Subs:
George Sowunmi Senior Cowan-Hall Scarlett Marshall-Miranda Tovide

(I would definitely include MTC on the bench instead of 16-year-old Tovide)

The weather at the JSCS is likely to be 19 degrees Celsius and sunny on Saturday. The pitch will be like a billiard table and plenty of drinks breaks the order of the day.

As I pen these comments the North East of England has gone into local lockdown affecting 2 million people. County Durham is included in the authorities where restrictions are back in place, so I could not make it to the JSCS even if I somehow obtained a ticket in the near future, all very frustrating.

Still I have my programme and iFollow lined up so we just need the three points courtesy of a 2-0 home victory.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 21:40]

Cracking write-up Durham, excellent work!

My programme has yet to arrive, but like you I have already signed up to the match stream. Really looking forward to this one, ought to be another stern test against a side who pundits back to be there or thereabouts, but then again so should we.

Stay safe in your lockdown, sadly too many idiots about at the moment who really don't get what's going on.

Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Trotters in Town on saturday on 07:04 - Sep 19 with 608 viewsnoah4x4

With cricket finishing for me last weekend I have been in crisis for seven days. What might I do today? A positive decision now made. I am heading for Stanway Rovers, for live football with a beer with others in my careful socially distanced 'bubble'.

I will decide whether to watch the U's replay when I know the result. If we get battered by Bolton, I won't bother. I've spent too many months as a couch potato watching sport streamed to a small screen with annoying canned noise from empty stadiums. At least when scoring cricket I had some participation. The televised Darts on Friday was the last straw. Pretending there are 5,000 noisy fans in conspicuously empty venue doesn't do it for me. My silent cardboard cut-out can send me a report from the Jobserve Stadium later.

I have my U's seasonal pass and my 'bubble", but until I can use it I don't intend spending any more time isolated indoors whilst the sun is still shining. Time to venture out and see some live footie, even if it is lower league. I don't think I am alone and wonder if new affinities and loyalties might form as a result of EFL Stadiums being locked? Frankly, I have lost some enthusiasm for the U's as I do need the live experience.
Trotters in Town on saturday on 08:44 - Sep 19 with 592 viewsMoor_Pinot

Trotters in Town on saturday on 22:07 - Sep 17 by wessex_exile

Cracking write-up Durham, excellent work!

My programme has yet to arrive, but like you I have already signed up to the match stream. Really looking forward to this one, ought to be another stern test against a side who pundits back to be there or thereabouts, but then again so should we.

Stay safe in your lockdown, sadly too many idiots about at the moment who really don't get what's going on.

Up the U's!

Well said Wessex.
Great stuff Durham - stirring and gives uplift in such awful times.
How lucky I feel to be able thanks to technology to watch the U's online for not too much outlay and a bit of cricket live streamed. When I feel more confident about the wretched virus I will watch my local non LG team (FC Fontenay-le-Comte - equivalent National LG South with free admission) outside in the socially distanced winter sunshine. They kick off before we do, perfect!! But as usual I shall be out in the fresh air birdwatching for four miles or so this morning - typical pre match for me!
Great preview, Tolvide sounds an interesting prospect Durham maybe he'll upstage the Fulham lad!?

Moor Pinot

Trotters in Town on saturday on 14:43 - Sep 19 with 563 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 08:44 - Sep 19 by Moor_Pinot

Well said Wessex.
Great stuff Durham - stirring and gives uplift in such awful times.
How lucky I feel to be able thanks to technology to watch the U's online for not too much outlay and a bit of cricket live streamed. When I feel more confident about the wretched virus I will watch my local non LG team (FC Fontenay-le-Comte - equivalent National LG South with free admission) outside in the socially distanced winter sunshine. They kick off before we do, perfect!! But as usual I shall be out in the fresh air birdwatching for four miles or so this morning - typical pre match for me!
Great preview, Tolvide sounds an interesting prospect Durham maybe he'll upstage the Fulham lad!?

Hope the weather is good with you Pinault.

Clearly SB reckons MTC is unfit because he is not even on the bench again.
No Harry Pell

Gerken

Senior Stevenson Chilvers

Gambin Brown Poku

Subs
George Sowunmi Harriott Cowan-Hall Scarlett McLeod Tovide

Weather set fair, pitch a picture, just need some goals!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 14:56 - Sep 19 with 558 viewswessex_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 14:43 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

No Harry Pell

Gerken

Gambin Brown Poku

Subs

Up the U's

I see Bolton have sold out their stand

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Trotters in Town on saturday on 14:58 - Sep 19 with 557 viewsMoor_Pinot

Trotters in Town on saturday on 14:43 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

No Harry Pell

Gerken

Gambin Brown Poku

Subs

Up the U's

Goals... Ah well but where from?
Since you ask Durham, it's 27° here and fine!
Up TV the U's.

Moor Pinot

Trotters in Town on saturday on 14:58 - Sep 19 with 557 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 14:56 - Sep 19 by wessex_exile

I see Bolton have sold out their stand

I hope someone has provided the cardboard figures with sun visors!

A great shame not to be there.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:09 - Sep 19 with 555 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 14:58 - Sep 19 by Moor_Pinot

Goals... Ah well but where from?
Since you ask Durham, it's 27° here and fine!
Up TV the U's.

Very pleased to hear it

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:15 - Sep 19 with 553 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:09 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

Very pleased to hear it

Our approach play is good but with no strikers the opportunities are being wasted.

We should be told just how unfit MTC actually is or whether he will be playing by Christmas.

If Samson at 16 is on the bench and is a striker could he get some minutes as a centre forward.

I suppose 46 draws might be enough but really we can do so much better.

Up the striker deprived U's

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:20 - Sep 19 with 549 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:15 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

Our approach play is good but with no strikers the opportunities are being wasted.

We should be told just how unfit MTC actually is or whether he will be playing by Christmas.

If Samson at 16 is on the bench and is a striker could he get some minutes as a centre forward.

I suppose 46 draws might be enough but really we can do so much better.

Up the striker deprived U's

Is Eddie the Eagle not included in the Colchester bubble.

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:45 - Sep 19 with 541 viewswessex_exile

Who needs strikers Durham, when we've got an Eastman!

1-0 to the U's!!!

Up the U's

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:47 - Sep 19 with 538 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:45 - Sep 19 by wessex_exile

Who needs strikers Durham, when we've got an Eastman!

1-0 to the U's!!!

Wessex Chuck Norris would have been happy with that header.

But what annoys me is that the management are content not to have any strikers

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:52 - Sep 19 with 534 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:47 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

HT 1-0 and in truth we are good value for the lead.

Approach play good but we cannot get MTC match fit soon enough.

Or bring on Samson for some game time.

Brown needs support because SEnior and Gambin are not getting forward eneough and what has happened to Gambin's shooting boots he used to shoot from 25 yards plus.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:53 - Sep 19 with 533 viewsMoor_Pinot

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:47 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

Tom has always had 5 or 6 goals a season in him. They're somewhat more crucial at the mo. Unfortunately we can't score goals for fun like Cambridge and Harrogate can!

Moor Pinot

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:59 - Sep 19 with 528 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:53 - Sep 19 by Moor_Pinot

Tom has always had 5 or 6 goals a season in him. They're somewhat more crucial at the mo. Unfortunately we can't score goals for fun like Cambridge and Harrogate can!

Pinault the point is we would if we had a striker or two!!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:09 - Sep 19 with 524 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:59 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

Pinault the point is we would if we had a striker or two!!!!!!

Up the U's

Bolton score but offside

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:14 - Sep 19 with 523 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:09 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

Bolton score but offside

No social distancing amongst the cut outs

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:27 - Sep 19 with 518 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:14 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

No social distancing amongst the cut outs

Poku off Harriott on

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:31 - Sep 19 with 516 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:27 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

Poku off Harriott on

BROWN 2-0

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:41 - Sep 19 with 508 viewsMoor_Pinot

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:31 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

BROWN 2-0

Hang on then swap Brown for the young lad for four or five minutes. We might learn something!

Moor Pinot

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:42 - Sep 19 with 506 viewsGOSBTS

Brown is like a new signing! From what it has sounded like on the radio the last two games, we play some lovely stuff under Ball.
Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:53 - Sep 19 with 498 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:42 - Sep 19 by GOSBTS

Brown is like a new signing! From what it has sounded like on the radio the last two games, we play some lovely stuff under Ball.

McGreal didn't give Brown any opportunities whereas SB has played him from the start.

Probably because of a lack of strikers.

We are good value for the win.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024