Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has society lost its morality? 03:13 - Sep 18 with 3103 viewsDr_Parnassus

I have seen a few things now regarding people celebrating or being glad someone has been murdered or maimed due to their beliefs. 5 years ago these views would be seen as abhorrent, now they tend to be accepted.

This woman was asked about the man who was murdered in Portland for his political beliefs, she remarked “tough luck, don’t be a Trump supporter then”.

Can you imagine a time in 2014 if someone was ambushed and murdered because they supported Obama, then people were dancing and singing in celebration and seemingly normal people having the view that “well he shouldn’t have been an Obama supporter then”.

People celebrating police officers being shot and wishing for their deaths claiming they deserve it (just for sitting in their car). A 31 year old mother of a 6 year old, in hospital with gunshot wounds while people are outside the hospital where she is having emergency surgery to wish for her death - just due to her profession.

This identity politics and dehumanising of people due to their identity and political beliefs has been the groundwork for genocide. It seems perfectly acceptable in this day and age on the left though. Very scary. This is fascism.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Has society lost its morality? on 04:26 - Sep 18 with 1336 viewsNotLoyal

Sad times, morality has completely disappeared. Nobody cares, anymore. I feel we are on the edge of something world changing.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Has society lost its morality? on 10:20 - Sep 18 with 1276 viewsCatullus

To have lost something it suggests we'd found it in the first place. This kind of behaviour has been around forever, we have at times been better but largely speaking, humanity is a shitty stick and we go around poking each other.

Too cynical?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Has society lost its morality? on 10:25 - Sep 18 with 1270 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 10:20 - Sep 18 by Catullus

To have lost something it suggests we'd found it in the first place. This kind of behaviour has been around forever, we have at times been better but largely speaking, humanity is a shitty stick and we go around poking each other.

Too cynical?

But in terms of this specific notion of someone being fair game if they are of a differing political view seems to be a relatively modern phenomena if we are looking at the last 50 years or so, and largely from the left.

You only have to look on this forum for examples of that, the hostility shown to people with a differing political view is utterly insane. No discussion, no attempt to learn the reasoning behind the view, just flat out abuse and hyperbole.

Has society lost its morality? on 10:49 - Sep 18 with 1260 viewsCatullus

Has society lost its morality? on 10:25 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

But in terms of this specific notion of someone being fair game if they are of a differing political view seems to be a relatively modern phenomena if we are looking at the last 50 years or so, and largely from the left.

You only have to look on this forum for examples of that, the hostility shown to people with a differing political view is utterly insane. No discussion, no attempt to learn the reasoning behind the view, just flat out abuse and hyperbole.

This forum is a lot better than it used to be, have I seen traffic has increased since the split, I'll put that down to it being less abusive here these days so in that respect, moraliy found maybe.
If you are only talking the last 50 years, maybe morality did improve but historically speaking politics has alwasy been a shady game, I'll take you all the way back to 27 B.C.E and the Emperor Augustus Caesar,

https://www.history.com/news/rome-republic-augustus-dictator#:~:text=There%20was

Then these, killed for political beliefs,

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/10-major-poli

The full list of examples would take an age to compile and would never be complete. Humans beings, we have always had flexible morality. Take me, I don't believe in violence, mostly but if a paedophile touched my son I'd be in court for murder. The bible is full of it too, an eye for an eye (Exodus 21:24) but one of the commandments is thou shalt not kill.

Morality is a human construct and we love to change the rules, when it suits us.

Politics and morality, not very good bedfellows for 2000 years.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Has society lost its morality? on 10:49 - Sep 18 with 1260 viewsBest_loser

This is fascism
Has society lost its morality? on 11:02 - Sep 18 with 1248 viewsCatullus

Has society lost its morality? on 10:49 - Sep 18 by Best_loser

This is fascism

Wrong thread?

Has society lost its morality? on 11:03 - Sep 18 with 1248 viewsonehunglow

This site has turned around and for the better. Personally,it is a far safer place to be.

I disagree with most but ,at end of day, it s all a matter of gravy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Has society lost its morality? on 11:05 - Sep 18 with 1246 viewsCatullus

Has society lost its morality? on 11:03 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

This site has turned around and for the better. Personally,it is a far safer place to be.

I disagree with most but ,at end of day, it s all a matter of gravy

I like gravy, even on chips....but not on soup!

Login to get fewer ads

Has society lost its morality? on 11:07 - Sep 18 with 1243 viewsHighjack

Has society lost its morality? on 11:05 - Sep 18 by Catullus

I like gravy, even on chips....but not on soup!

I actually think you might have hit on something there. Gravy with chicken soup actually sounds quite nice. I think I will try it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Has society lost its morality? on 11:07 - Sep 18 with 1242 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 10:49 - Sep 18 by Best_loser

This is fascism

That's not fascism, that's racism.

Something very rare thankfully.

Has society lost its morality? on 11:08 - Sep 18 with 1242 viewsCatullus

Has society lost its morality? on 11:07 - Sep 18 by Highjack

I actually think you might have hit on something there. Gravy with chicken soup actually sounds quite nice. I think I will try it.

Beef gravy, onion gravy or maybe chicken gravy? Coming at it the other way around, what about chicken soup on chips?

Has society lost its morality? on 12:15 - Sep 18 with 1219 viewsHumpty

A small amount of vile people say some vile things. Who knew?

And when sad little internet trolls take that vile behaviour and use it for their own ends, like the OP, they're not much better than them.
Has society lost its morality? on 12:20 - Sep 18 with 1220 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has society lost its morality? on 11:08 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Beef gravy, onion gravy or maybe chicken gravy? Coming at it the other way around, what about chicken soup on chips?

It is not just about political morality, I think with the decline of the church that most of the old forms of morality have disappeared.
But the MSM certainly has a lot to answer for where stirring up hatred is concerned.
I think it is probably worse in America than in Europe, because of the MSM assault on Trump since before he was even elected.
But some of the speeches/comments that we saw over brexit were pretty extreme as well.
One thing that is obvious over there is that the Democrats have been suffering with Psychological projection whether intentional or not.
Has society lost its morality? on 12:38 - Sep 18 with 1212 views1983

Don’t get bend out of shape about these people they are 1% of the 1%
Just smile black white orange man woman hamster who fecking cares👍🍺

Has society lost its morality? on 12:41 - Sep 18 with 1207 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has society lost its morality? on 12:38 - Sep 18 by 1983

Don’t get bend out of shape about these people they are 1% of the 1%
Just smile black white orange man woman hamster who fecking cares👍🍺

Because by condoning it they allow it to continue.
Has society lost its morality? on 12:43 - Sep 18 with 1203 viewsonehunglow

Gotta be Northern gravy but living here ,Im afraid gravy on chips would have you thrown out of the Bridge Club

Has society lost its morality? on 12:48 - Sep 18 with 1198 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 12:15 - Sep 18 by Humpty

A small amount of vile people say some vile things. Who knew?

And when sad little internet trolls take that vile behaviour and use it for their own ends, like the OP, they're not much better than them.

So me stating the reaction to these events being celebrated is outrageous... I'm as bad as those cheering the death of other people?

Are you feeling ok or just feeling extra troll-like today? Ready for that debate you refused whenever you are feeling brave enough.

Has society lost its morality? on 12:53 - Sep 18 with 1191 viewsonehunglow

A mall amount of good people say vile thing and a small number of vile people ay good things.

Just who is it that says who is what.

We are not able to make judgements on each other without being massive hypocrites.

Hump is ok . We've crossed words many times . He believe what he does and that's fine by me

Has society lost its morality? on 13:03 - Sep 18 with 1185 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 12:53 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

A mall amount of good people say vile thing and a small number of vile people ay good things.

Just who is it that says who is what.

We are not able to make judgements on each other without being massive hypocrites.

Hump is ok . We've crossed words many times . He believe what he does and that's fine by me

People can have what opinion they like, but I will never say someone is ''okay'' unless they have the coconuts to stand by their opinion and be willing to debate it, otherwise their views are meaningless.

So far Hump has refused to expand on any of the views he claims to have while deriding everybody elses.

The KKK are a small amount of people believing some vile things, however to claim anybody calling out the KKK as ''as bad as them'' is an opinion that deserves no respect and is designed to troll, pure and simple.

Has society lost its morality? on 13:06 - Sep 18 with 1183 viewsHumpty

Has society lost its morality? on 12:48 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

So me stating the reaction to these events being celebrated is outrageous... I'm as bad as those cheering the death of other people?

Are you feeling ok or just feeling extra troll-like today? Ready for that debate you refused whenever you are feeling brave enough.

Debate this? What's the point. It's just your usual trolling.

Some people say horrible things, and the internet has made it a lot worse. Most of it is apolitical, some's from the left and some's from the right. You are using these horrible things to make childish, false attacks on people you don't like. Pretty unpleasant imo.

For anyone who thinks this is mainly a leftist problem, go and read articles about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

For those who don't know who she is, RBG is a liberal member of the US Supreme Court and because her political views differ to theirs, many American conservatives absolutely despise her. She is also 87 years old and unfortunately dying of pancreatic cancer. If you want to see vile things, as I say, read the comments below articles on right wing websites like Breitbart. Utterly sickening, openly celebrating the fact she is dying, hoping she is in pain etc.

So would it be fair for me to say that is indicative of what the right is like? Of course not. I'd never say such a thing because it would be wrong, childish and downright unpleasant.

Some vile people say vile things. From all walks of life and all political perspectives. And that's it.
Has society lost its morality? on 13:15 - Sep 18 with 1179 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 13:06 - Sep 18 by Humpty

Debate this? What's the point. It's just your usual trolling.

Some people say horrible things, and the internet has made it a lot worse. Most of it is apolitical, some's from the left and some's from the right. You are using these horrible things to make childish, false attacks on people you don't like. Pretty unpleasant imo.

For anyone who thinks this is mainly a leftist problem, go and read articles about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

For those who don't know who she is, RBG is a liberal member of the US Supreme Court and because her political views differ to theirs, many American conservatives absolutely despise her. She is also 87 years old and unfortunately dying of pancreatic cancer. If you want to see vile things, as I say, read the comments below articles on right wing websites like Breitbart. Utterly sickening, openly celebrating the fact she is dying, hoping she is in pain etc.

So would it be fair for me to say that is indicative of what the right is like? Of course not. I'd never say such a thing because it would be wrong, childish and downright unpleasant.

Some vile people say vile things. From all walks of life and all political perspectives. And that's it.

''Usual trolling'', show me one post of mine that is trolling and explain how that fits the definition. I will do the same for you and we can figure out who is the biggest troll, sound like a good idea? So inflammatory and offensive content. Off you go.

You are a coward. As soon as you feel intellectually threatened you turn into a hermit and start thinking of every reason to not debate further... until you feel comfortable to do so again which will then be in the form of accusation and insult of course. ''Troll'' is up there with ''good faith'' as your favorite go to escape cards, neither of course you would back up when challenged. Which ironically of course is trolling.

Now then onto your post, intolerant political views is absolutely a leftist trait, I'm not saying its exclusive to the left but it's certainly dominated by the left. You are a prime example of this, every single political debate you enter into you are approached to discuss the topic and you immediately fall back on abuse, its not limited to you as NeathJack did the same - that's due to your political leanings.

There are hundreds of examples I can provide very quickly of the left being violent, wishing for death or harm on people with the alternate political view. You would have a hard time matching that for the opposite.

How many Biden supporters are beaten up for being a Biden supporter? How many people are beaten up for having a Biden hat? How many people have their cars smashed up for displaying a Biden 2020 sticker?

Shall we compare those to? Of course not because yet again you know it wouldn't even be a comparison.

Has society lost its morality? on 13:21 - Sep 18 with 1174 viewsDr_Parnassus

Look how tolerant these people are. It's ok though Humpty says its only a few people.

These after the mob chanted ''Pigs in blankets, fry them like bacon'' while using quick drying to cement to block exits and setting a police station on fire attempting to burn all those inside alive.

And before 2 police officers got shot in the head while they celebrated and blocked the hospital chanting ''we hope they die''. Twitter was filled with comments from the left justifying these shootings and rejoicing. A mother of a 6 year old lay dying in hospital mind...

And of course when the Portland murder happened there were speeches given in front of the baying mobs saying that one of their enemy has been killed tonight whilst celebrating like they won promotion.

Only a few though Hump says....
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 13:25]

Has society lost its morality? on 13:23 - Sep 18 with 1170 viewsHighjack

Has society lost its morality? on 13:21 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Look how tolerant these people are. It's ok though Humpty says its only a few people.

These after the mob chanted ''Pigs in blankets, fry them like bacon'' while using quick drying to cement to block exits and setting a police station on fire attempting to burn all those inside alive.

And before 2 police officers got shot in the head while they celebrated and blocked the hospital chanting ''we hope they die''. Twitter was filled with comments from the left justifying these shootings and rejoicing. A mother of a 6 year old lay dying in hospital mind...

And of course when the Portland murder happened there were speeches given in front of the baying mobs saying that one of their enemy has been killed tonight whilst celebrating like they won promotion.

It was fiery but mostly peaceful attempted mass murder.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Has society lost its morality? on 13:28 - Sep 18 with 1163 viewsHumpty

Has society lost its morality? on 13:21 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

And a couple of years ago I watched hundreds of right wingers marching around holding torches chanting vile things about Jews, though some of them were very fine people.

As I say, people on both sides do it and they're all disgusting.

I honestly can't see how anyone can disagree with what I said. Unless you're a childish troll of course.

I've had enough now, no point in continuing this. You can now proclaim yourself the winner and call me a coward. Carry on.
Has society lost its morality? on 13:32 - Sep 18 with 1163 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 13:28 - Sep 18 by Humpty

And a couple of years ago I watched hundreds of right wingers marching around holding torches chanting vile things about Jews, though some of them were very fine people.

As I say, people on both sides do it and they're all disgusting.

I honestly can't see how anyone can disagree with what I said. Unless you're a childish troll of course.

I've had enough now, no point in continuing this. You can now proclaim yourself the winner and call me a coward. Carry on.

And just like that he runs for cover.

As I have taught you, of course there are vile people on all sides, but these actions tend to be a mainstay on the left.

Which is why you are peddling the debunked ''fine people'' comment, because you don't feel confident in your opinion. Typical troll behavior.

We will do this again when you get your big boy pants on and fancy a few cowardly jibes again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024