Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Political Intolerance on here 09:48 - Sep 18 with 1506 viewsonehunglow

is better than previously although we will always have..".bbc part of the establishment" ,feral Tory voters and the like.

Looking around,I see no political party whatsoever with any nous,let alone with any moral compass.

Now ,love one another,however you view the world.

You may be right or could well be wrong.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Political Intolerance on here on 10:02 - Sep 18 with 926 viewsCatullus

The only thing I know I'm right about, Richie, is I'm entitled to an opinion. After that who knows?
Of course, unless you join in a debate and see lots of other opinions you may never know if you are right or wrong!
I've seen lots of things on here that have led to me googling, looking stuff up and being educated. That in turn showed me things I was wrong about, I was right sometimes too!

What is much better on here these days is, I can disagree with what is said and mostly the poster comes back with a proper opinion. We used to have a lot of posts along the lines of "you're wrong" usually followed by name calling and accusations but little of substance.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Political Intolerance on here on 12:28 - Sep 18 with 902 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Political Intolerance on here on 10:02 - Sep 18 by Catullus

The only thing I know I'm right about, Richie, is I'm entitled to an opinion. After that who knows?
Of course, unless you join in a debate and see lots of other opinions you may never know if you are right or wrong!
I've seen lots of things on here that have led to me googling, looking stuff up and being educated. That in turn showed me things I was wrong about, I was right sometimes too!

What is much better on here these days is, I can disagree with what is said and mostly the poster comes back with a proper opinion. We used to have a lot of posts along the lines of "you're wrong" usually followed by name calling and accusations but little of substance.

Couldn't agree more.
Everybody is entitled to an opinion and to express it without abuse.
Quite often I get frustrated and call people names, like deluded or brainwashed, but nothing compared to the abuse we used to get on here.
Political Intolerance on here on 12:33 - Sep 18 with 896 viewsBest_loser

There is a big difference between initiating abuse and responding to it
Political Intolerance on here on 12:46 - Sep 18 with 888 viewsonehunglow

All good points especially best loser. Thought for the Day is that.

Ive overstepped the mark many times and it's really a case of one getting embroiled in what is basically a kids playground spat.

Opinions are fine but when families are drawn into things and defamation is allowed,there will be problems which might eventually have significant conequences.

Ad Hominem is definately the way to go

Political Intolerance on here on 12:52 - Sep 18 with 881 viewsDr_Parnassus

Political intolerance is always the calling card of the side that know they are on the wrong side.

There is no coincidence the likes of Humpty run off crying and abuse people offering them sensible debates time and time again, they know they stand on shaky ground.

This has always been the case and will continue to be the case for the rest of time.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Political Intolerance on here on 12:55 - Sep 18 with 880 viewsonehunglow

Don't agree Dr P.

They believe they are right not wrong and they are not right to think that.

Political Intolerance on here on 13:05 - Sep 18 with 876 viewsDr_Parnassus

Political Intolerance on here on 12:55 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

Don't agree Dr P.

They believe they are right not wrong and they are not right to think that.

Anyone who believes they are correct will have no issue in explaining why. Those that have an opinion because it makes them feel good are the ones that refuse to have that debate as it exposes the opinion for what it is.

Hence why those left leaning people will never engage in debate, but they will happily name call and abuse. They know they are wrong, but don't want to be exposed for holding those shallow opinions for the reason of appearing virtuous.

Political Intolerance on here on 13:11 - Sep 18 with 873 viewsonehunglow

I have both left and right views so I'm buggered

Login to get fewer ads

Political Intolerance on here on 12:21 - Sep 20 with 786 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Unfortunately we are seeing a return of all kinds of intolerance in the last day or 2 from posters we thought we had got rid of.
Political Intolerance on here on 16:10 - Sep 20 with 741 viewsCatullus

Political Intolerance on here on 13:11 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

I have both left and right views so I'm buggered

Me too, it's why I can agree and disagree with both Humpty and Dr P. Sorry but I needed opposing examples and those two are very opposed!

Identity politics should have had it's day, we need a mix of left and right principles if it's to be a fairer world.
We need a free market but we also need a welfare state. We'll never level the playing field as long as we swing from right to left and back again. Look at thr problems we are continually left with from government to government.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Political Intolerance on here on 16:36 - Sep 20 with 729 viewsonehunglow

Cat.
This country of ours is still constipated by class. The Rich or whatever they are called now and the Poor still at it.

Been reading about Lloyd George today and what Jennie Lee said of him.

“One thing he will not do with the poor Is become one of them,this after making 2m from selling honours ,which imo,should have stopped decades ago.

Political Intolerance on here on 17:25 - Sep 20 with 709 viewsCatullus

Political Intolerance on here on 16:36 - Sep 20 by onehunglow

Cat.
This country of ours is still constipated by class. The Rich or whatever they are called now and the Poor still at it.

Been reading about Lloyd George today and what Jennie Lee said of him.

“One thing he will not do with the poor Is become one of them,this after making 2m from selling honours ,which imo,should have stopped decades ago.

I have banged on about money, the rich and powerful before. To me the biggest discrimination is always driven by money. The rich and powerful maintaining their position from keeping most of the rest of us working hard to try and get by. Most rich people got there on the back of other people's hard work, though I suppose that might not be so true of the nouveau riche, old money definitely was though, from a time when we were expected to know our places.
I suppose I am either a federalist or a communist at heart, Richie?

Lloyd George was corrupt, modern politicians are hardly better. Or maybe I am too cynical.

Political Intolerance on here on 17:32 - Sep 20 with 705 viewsonehunglow

Agree with some of that but not all as many billionaires are so because of innovation and their business nous,At the end of the day,they be had a go. I hate sloth,lazy feckless who believe the world owes them a living.It does no such thing.

Political Intolerance on here on 17:41 - Sep 20 with 697 viewsCatullus

Political Intolerance on here on 17:32 - Sep 20 by onehunglow

Agree with some of that but not all as many billionaires are so because of innovation and their business nous,At the end of the day,they be had a go. I hate sloth,lazy feckless who believe the world owes them a living.It does no such thing.

When I say old money, I mean OLD. When the upper classes had servants, when mill owners got rich off sweatshop labour.
In the modern day tech innovation has made people rich overnight, as has the lottery. Even so people like Jeff Bezos get staggeringly rich partly on the back of minimum wages. What really irritates though is why people who already have more than they can ever spend are so driven to keep making more profit, it's purely for status and with people struggling to pay bills, put food on tables, it's wrong.

Political Intolerance on here on 17:42 - Sep 20 with 696 viewsNeath_Jack

Lol

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Political Intolerance on here on 17:47 - Sep 20 with 692 viewsonehunglow

What is lol.

The Wirralmis full of old money. 6/7 bedroom Ed mansions overlooking the sea or tucked away in the dales. They are still in private hands and not multi occupied so money still here.Suppose that sold money from sugar,cotton and maritime insurance .
Merchants built huge piles here and that has perpetuated down the generation with their family.

I’ve met many and they are ,in the main,fine people.The worst are nouveau riche...especially footballers ,many of whom are arsewipes. So give me old money anyway.

I’ve still got some old money myself,escudos,pesetas,guilders and Lire.

Sorry

Political Intolerance on here on 17:51 - Sep 20 with 687 viewsNeath_Jack

Political Intolerance on here on 17:47 - Sep 20 by onehunglow

What is lol.

The Wirralmis full of old money. 6/7 bedroom Ed mansions overlooking the sea or tucked away in the dales. They are still in private hands and not multi occupied so money still here.Suppose that sold money from sugar,cotton and maritime insurance .
Merchants built huge piles here and that has perpetuated down the generation with their family.

I’ve met many and they are ,in the main,fine people.The worst are nouveau riche...especially footballers ,many of whom are arsewipes. So give me old money anyway.

I’ve still got some old money myself,escudos,pesetas,guilders and Lire.

Sorry

The title of this thread, the most ironic thing I've read in yonks.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Political Intolerance on here on 17:52 - Sep 20 with 686 viewsonehunglow

Yonks is a word I’ve not heard since the summer of 69.

Political Intolerance on here on 18:09 - Sep 20 with 676 viewsCatullus

Political Intolerance on here on 17:42 - Sep 20 by Neath_Jack

Lol

That post would have people thinking Dr P has a point you know

Political Intolerance on here on 23:20 - Sep 20 with 630 viewsDr_Parnassus

Political Intolerance on here on 18:09 - Sep 20 by Catullus

That post would have people thinking Dr P has a point you know

It’s my point in a nutshell.

It doesn’t take the left long to revert to type.

I have had maybe a hundred replies off them now, mostly nonsense like that. I have asked some simple questions regarding their views and not a single coherent response, just abuse or excuses why they can’t talk to me (even though they are more than happy to when it’s powder puff nonsense).

So the OP is absolutely correct in what he says, the intolerance coming from the left is palpable. I fully back and support anyone from the left (or any political persuasion) to state their opinions and points, but it’s a very rare thing to see these days, they exist to try and tear down opinion and debate.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 23:53]

Political Intolerance on here on 00:59 - Sep 21 with 600 viewsDJack

Political Intolerance on here on 23:20 - Sep 20 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s my point in a nutshell.

It doesn’t take the left long to revert to type.

I have had maybe a hundred replies off them now, mostly nonsense like that. I have asked some simple questions regarding their views and not a single coherent response, just abuse or excuses why they can’t talk to me (even though they are more than happy to when it’s powder puff nonsense).

So the OP is absolutely correct in what he says, the intolerance coming from the left is palpable. I fully back and support anyone from the left (or any political persuasion) to state their opinions and points, but it’s a very rare thing to see these days, they exist to try and tear down opinion and debate.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 23:53]

"It doesn’t take the left long to revert to type. "

BOOM!

Your every name change is answered here.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Political Intolerance on here on 01:03 - Sep 21 with 599 viewsDr_Parnassus

Political Intolerance on here on 00:59 - Sep 21 by DJack

"It doesn’t take the left long to revert to type. "

BOOM!

Your every name change is answered here.

Can someone translate the above please?

Thanks in advance.

Political Intolerance on here on 07:43 - Sep 21 with 565 viewsHighjack

Political Intolerance on here on 01:03 - Sep 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Can someone translate the above please?

Thanks in advance.

Here it is in Hindi if that helps:

“यह टाइप करने के लिए वापस लंबे समय तक नहीं लेगा। "

बूम!

आपके हर नाम परिवर्तन का उत्तर यहां दिया गया है।

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Political Intolerance on here on 07:45 - Sep 21 with 562 viewsDr_Parnassus

Political Intolerance on here on 07:43 - Sep 21 by Highjack

Here it is in Hindi if that helps:

“यह टाइप करने के लिए वापस लंबे समय तक नहीं लेगा। "

बूम!

आपके हर नाम परिवर्तन का उत्तर यहां दिया गया है।

Ironically, that translation makes very similar levels of sense.

Political Intolerance on here on 21:57 - Sep 22 with 488 viewstrampie

Political Intolerance on here on 16:10 - Sep 20 by Catullus

Me too, it's why I can agree and disagree with both Humpty and Dr P. Sorry but I needed opposing examples and those two are very opposed!

Identity politics should have had it's day, we need a mix of left and right principles if it's to be a fairer world.
We need a free market but we also need a welfare state. We'll never level the playing field as long as we swing from right to left and back again. Look at thr problems we are continually left with from government to government.

It's interesting how you see yourself I see you
, Perch, e20 and Darran as right wing, the baseline for decades now has been Plaid and SNP in the middle, Labour, Libs and Tories on the right (Labour in very recent years jumping about the political graph).

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024