Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” 11:53 - Sep 18 with 6700 viewsHighjack

Minneapolis city council are worried about a huge spike in crime after defunding and dismantling the police force and replacing them with “violence interrupters” then demand the police chief do something about it pronto.

Local residents concerned about a massive uptick in murders, carjackings, burglaries and other violent crimes are wondering why the police who are in the process of being dismantled aren’t turning up to help.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/minneapolis-city-council-members-complain-16073129

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:01 - Sep 19 with 888 viewsLeonWasGod

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 21:39 - Sep 19 by Dr_Parnassus

The police in Minneapolis were told to stand down against the criminality of the riots. Portland police have also been given the same orders.

A stand down order is the same as defunding, it means less police and less crimes being punished - which means crime rate soars.

They have been defunded not only by over a million dollars but more importantly had their power of arrest “defunded”, hence the crime rate surge.

The police are still there aren’t they? They’re just not engaging and laying into protestors. It’s a mess though, for sure.

But this defunding outcry is for only a 1% reallocation of budget, from front line police to front line community work. It’s still crime-facing expenditure, just aiming a bit more at prevention, which is far preferable if it works.

There seems to be a lot of outrage to this from certain sections. It seems very political to me. We had police numbers cut by 15% through the 2010s; I can’t say I remember the same people being too bothered by that.
“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:06 - Sep 19 with 877 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:01 - Sep 19 by LeonWasGod

The police are still there aren’t they? They’re just not engaging and laying into protestors. It’s a mess though, for sure.

But this defunding outcry is for only a 1% reallocation of budget, from front line police to front line community work. It’s still crime-facing expenditure, just aiming a bit more at prevention, which is far preferable if it works.

There seems to be a lot of outrage to this from certain sections. It seems very political to me. We had police numbers cut by 15% through the 2010s; I can’t say I remember the same people being too bothered by that.

Still there but aren’t really allowed to do anything, it’s essentially a snap shot of what a defunded police may look like. They may as well be civilians currently as opposed to police officers.

The defunding plans for Minneapolis is essentially for a complete shut down of the police, the concerns are very much justified considering the clear links to police funding and crime rate. Prevention of crime is wonderful, but it’s also extremely naive.

Criminals are opportunists in the main which is why you see such clear links to crime rate and police presence - or lack of.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 23:05 - Sep 19 with 864 viewsHighjack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:01 - Sep 19 by LeonWasGod

They’re in the middle of amending the city charter so they can dismantle the police altogether, it’s been voted through by the city council.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 23:14 - Sep 19 with 857 viewsDr_Parnassus

This is the effect on homicides with extra funding an policing. It’s a direct corrolation.

It’s pretty sad these people are advocating for a system that will put thousands of civilians in real danger.

The other option of course is to stop committing crime. If you don’t commit any crime the chances of you being shot and killed by police is less than being struck and killed by lightning contrary to what BLM and the Democrats will try and make out.

The police need more funding and better training to de-escalate situations.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 11:06 - Sep 20 with 789 viewsCatullus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 23:14 - Sep 19 by Dr_Parnassus

This is the effect on homicides with extra funding an policing. It’s a direct corrolation.

It’s pretty sad these people are advocating for a system that will put thousands of civilians in real danger.

The other option of course is to stop committing crime. If you don’t commit any crime the chances of you being shot and killed by police is less than being struck and killed by lightning contrary to what BLM and the Democrats will try and make out.

The police need more funding and better training to de-escalate situations.

Maybe the mantra that the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun needs looking at too. After all, two armed police officers in a patrol car couldn't stop one armed man. Will the Americans ever understand more guns is not the answer to gun crime?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 11:13 - Sep 20 with 783 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 11:06 - Sep 20 by Catullus

Maybe the mantra that the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun needs looking at too. After all, two armed police officers in a patrol car couldn't stop one armed man. Will the Americans ever understand more guns is not the answer to gun crime?

The right to bear arms will never be something that will be abolished as its in the constitution. Given the anarchy in the country at the moment where people’s homes and businesses are being burned down and people are being attacked left, right and center for the political beliefs I fully support their desire to have one. I would also make sure myself and my family were armed if we lived there.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 11:21 - Sep 20 with 778 viewsCatullus

They made 10 Amendments to the constitution with the "Bill of Rights" so why couldn't they make more? Surely a practising democracy has the right to change it's own rules?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Bill_of_Rights

Unless you believe that once something is signed, sealed and delivered it should never be changed?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 11:28 - Sep 20 with 774 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 11:21 - Sep 20 by Catullus

They made 10 Amendments to the constitution with the "Bill of Rights" so why couldn't they make more? Surely a practising democracy has the right to change it's own rules?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Bill_of_Rights

Unless you believe that once something is signed, sealed and delivered it should never be changed?

Because the right to bear arms is a fundamental building block of the constitution, people wouldn’t want it amended and for good reason, look what’s happening there. They could look at gun access and a more thorough screening process, something I wouldn’t be against.

But this is about defunding police and homicides aren’t just gun crime. So whether it’s guns, knives, hands - anything... murder and other serious crimes have a direct link to police funding and police presence, as common sense would suggest is the case.

Login to get fewer ads

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 11:38 - Sep 20 with 772 viewsCatullus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 11:28 - Sep 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Because the right to bear arms is a fundamental building block of the constitution, people wouldn’t want it amended and for good reason, look what’s happening there. They could look at gun access and a more thorough screening process, something I wouldn’t be against.

But this is about defunding police and homicides aren’t just gun crime. So whether it’s guns, knives, hands - anything... murder and other serious crimes have a direct link to police funding and police presence, as common sense would suggest is the case.

It wasn't a fundamental building block, it was an amendment, it was a change to the original constitution. If it could be amended once, why couldn't it be changed again?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 12:10 - Sep 20 with 762 viewsA_Fans_Dad

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 11:38 - Sep 20 by Catullus

It wasn't a fundamental building block, it was an amendment, it was a change to the original constitution. If it could be amended once, why couldn't it be changed again?

Why do you want to take away a person's right to self protection and the protection of their family?
There are already so many guns in the US that criminals & terrorists have absolutley no problem laying their hands on them.
When you said that 2 cops couldn't stop 1 armed manit was because they didn't shoot him first.
Which is the situation it sounds like you want to increase.

Even in the UK criminals & terrorists can buy guns at any time, whereas legally you and I can't.
“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 12:39 - Sep 20 with 756 viewscontroversial_jack

It's in the constitution, but as part of an organised militia. It doesn't mean self defence, or groups of vigilantes roaming the streets. It's been interpreted wrongly as far as i'm aware
“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 12:49 - Sep 20 with 750 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 11:38 - Sep 20 by Catullus

No, it’s a fundamental right protected by the second amendment and has been in place since the 1700’s.

As I said, there has never been a more obvious benefit for civilians having that right protected than now. But I’m not sure what that has to do with the link between crime and police funding, a gun is not needed to commit crime.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 15:55 - Sep 20 with 712 viewsCatullus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 12:49 - Sep 20 by Dr_Parnassus

No, it’s a fundamental right protected by the second amendment and has been in place since the 1700’s.

As I said, there has never been a more obvious benefit for civilians having that right protected than now. But I’m not sure what that has to do with the link between crime and police funding, a gun is not needed to commit crime.

Ah made sublte change eh, you originally called it a fundamental building block. It's a fundamental right but so is walking down the street without getting shot.

You know full well that the USA suffers from hundreds of illegal shootings every year, I'll correct that, there are thousands of illegal killings AND hundreds of MASS illegal shootings every year, these are the mass shootings so far this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_202

Now as it goes I don't think they could ever get rid of guns, even if they tried but I see no benefit in it being legal when these things happen,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

If gun ownership was legal here I have no doubt I would have a gun because if you can't beat them you have to join them. If we ever had a referendum on it though I'm pretty sure it would get a massive no because allowing the general population to carry guns is an alarmingly bad idea.
Oddly, while other crimes in the USA have dropped during the pandemic, gun violence has increased,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/21/2020-is-shattering-gun-violen

Still, I don't see why gun ownership that was allowed by democratic means could not be outlawed by democratic means. The second amendment could itself be amended.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:29 - Sep 20 with 682 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 15:55 - Sep 20 by Catullus

Ah made sublte change eh, you originally called it a fundamental building block. It's a fundamental right but so is walking down the street without getting shot.

You know full well that the USA suffers from hundreds of illegal shootings every year, I'll correct that, there are thousands of illegal killings AND hundreds of MASS illegal shootings every year, these are the mass shootings so far this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_202

Now as it goes I don't think they could ever get rid of guns, even if they tried but I see no benefit in it being legal when these things happen,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

If gun ownership was legal here I have no doubt I would have a gun because if you can't beat them you have to join them. If we ever had a referendum on it though I'm pretty sure it would get a massive no because allowing the general population to carry guns is an alarmingly bad idea.
Oddly, while other crimes in the USA have dropped during the pandemic, gun violence has increased,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/21/2020-is-shattering-gun-violen

Still, I don't see why gun ownership that was allowed by democratic means could not be outlawed by democratic means. The second amendment could itself be amended.

No, no change it’s absolutely a fundamental building block of the constitution that we have today.

That amendment was made 200+ years ago not long after it’s creation, when the founding fathers were still alive and well some 30 odd years before their deaths, the document had not been fulfilled to how it was intended previously hence the amendments shortly after its creation. To put it into footballing terms Wayne Routledge was a fundamental building block of the success we achieved, yet he didn’t come at the beginning of it, he came a few years later. Making an amendment now is not the same as making an amendment shortly after its creation.

Walking down the street without getting shot is still someone’s right, if that is violated then the offender gets punished. You are confusing what you CAN do with what you NOT allowed to do. I can go up to you and strangle you or knife you, it is your right to walk down the road peacefully but I may still take that away from you if I decide to do so. Hence why people hold the constitution and their right to bear arms dear, as they should. Their rights to exist can be protected by themselves if needed.

This however is about crime rate and the link between police funding. With or without guns, the crime rate is directly linked to police funding and police presence - so taking away the guns from America and getting rid of their constitutional right still doesn’t make a defund the police campaign any less nonsensical.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 23:46]

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 00:53 - Sep 21 with 669 viewsDJack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:29 - Sep 20 by Dr_Parnassus

No, no change it’s absolutely a fundamental building block of the constitution that we have today.

That amendment was made 200+ years ago not long after it’s creation, when the founding fathers were still alive and well some 30 odd years before their deaths, the document had not been fulfilled to how it was intended previously hence the amendments shortly after its creation. To put it into footballing terms Wayne Routledge was a fundamental building block of the success we achieved, yet he didn’t come at the beginning of it, he came a few years later. Making an amendment now is not the same as making an amendment shortly after its creation.

Walking down the street without getting shot is still someone’s right, if that is violated then the offender gets punished. You are confusing what you CAN do with what you NOT allowed to do. I can go up to you and strangle you or knife you, it is your right to walk down the road peacefully but I may still take that away from you if I decide to do so. Hence why people hold the constitution and their right to bear arms dear, as they should. Their rights to exist can be protected by themselves if needed.

This however is about crime rate and the link between police funding. With or without guns, the crime rate is directly linked to police funding and police presence - so taking away the guns from America and getting rid of their constitutional right still doesn’t make a defund the police campaign any less nonsensical.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 23:46]

"No, no change it’s absolutely a fundamental building block of the constitution that we have today. "

Er, no! WE are not American, whatever you are may differ but WE on this board are British and therefore that AMMENDMENT is not important to us. That may be OK or awful depending on your view of the government we have the US Constitution and its amendments have no bearing here.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:02 - Sep 21 with 664 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 00:53 - Sep 21 by DJack

"No, no change it’s absolutely a fundamental building block of the constitution that we have today. "

Er, no! WE are not American, whatever you are may differ but WE on this board are British and therefore that AMMENDMENT is not important to us. That may be OK or awful depending on your view of the government we have the US Constitution and its amendments have no bearing here.

YOU are not American you mean?

We have American supporters that post here and this is a key and fundamental piece of literature. We also have free movement in the Western World and I personally have come close to moving to the States with work several times and would say it was very likely I will in the future. The upholding of that constitution is key to any decision I may make.

We as a world have the constitution, what you mean is that it currently doesn’t impact you personally. That’s fine, nobody is asking you to take an interest in it then. Donald Trump is also the President of the United States that we as a world have. Not sure what has offended you.

While you are here however, maybe you could represent the leftist posters who have so far proven fearful of the following question:-

Can you show me where there is oppression of black people in the United States and what is the direct cause of it?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:20 - Sep 21 with 659 viewsDJack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:02 - Sep 21 by Dr_Parnassus

YOU are not American you mean?

We have American supporters that post here and this is a key and fundamental piece of literature. We also have free movement in the Western World and I personally have come close to moving to the States with work several times and would say it was very likely I will in the future. The upholding of that constitution is key to any decision I may make.

We as a world have the constitution, what you mean is that it currently doesn’t impact you personally. That’s fine, nobody is asking you to take an interest in it then. Donald Trump is also the President of the United States that we as a world have. Not sure what has offended you.

While you are here however, maybe you could represent the leftist posters who have so far proven fearful of the following question:-

Can you show me where there is oppression of black people in the United States and what is the direct cause of it?

And here is the misdirection and hand-waving folks...just read the thread and let it sink in... Remember he said...

And in reply he adds

"Can you show me where there is oppression of black people in the United States and what is the direct cause of it?"

When NOBODY mentioned it in the last half-dozen posts...EXCEPT HIM, PUSHING HIS AGENDA.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:25 - Sep 21 with 657 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:20 - Sep 21 by DJack

And here is the misdirection and hand-waving folks...just read the thread and let it sink in... Remember he said...

And in reply he adds

"Can you show me where there is oppression of black people in the United States and what is the direct cause of it?"

When NOBODY mentioned it in the last half-dozen posts...EXCEPT HIM, PUSHING HIS AGENDA.

Are you feeling ok?

No hand waving, no misdirection. The constitution is there for Americans for a reason, that constitution has the right to bear arms as a fundamental building block.

However it has zero to do with defunding police and crime rate.

Whether you want to dance around the fact that it doesn’t affect you currently is your business, it does nothing to the point. As a citizen of the Western World and someone who will in all likelihood live in America at some point in the future, the constitution is something absolutely vital to me.

If that offends you then you really need to check your tolerance levels.

As for oppression of black people. That’s what this movement is all about (defund police) the whole thread is based on it. Keep up at the back.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:41 - Sep 21 with 655 viewsDJack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:25 - Sep 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Are you feeling ok?

No hand waving, no misdirection. The constitution is there for Americans for a reason, that constitution has the right to bear arms as a fundamental building block.

However it has zero to do with defunding police and crime rate.

Whether you want to dance around the fact that it doesn’t affect you currently is your business, it does nothing to the point. As a citizen of the Western World and someone who will in all likelihood live in America at some point in the future, the constitution is something absolutely vital to me.

If that offends you then you really need to check your tolerance levels.

As for oppression of black people. That’s what this movement is all about (defund police) the whole thread is based on it. Keep up at the back.

Are you feeling ok? Yep

No hand waving, no misdirection. The constitution is there for Americans for a reason, that constitution has the right to bear arms as a fundamental building block. NOPE, as already stated it was an amendment and it mentions a "REGULATED MILITIA"

However it has zero to do with defunding police and crime rate. I didn't state that it did. As previously mentioned , you move on to othere topics and so do I.

Whether you want to dance around the fact that it doesn’t affect you currently is your business, it does nothing to the point. As a citizen of the Western World and someone who will in all likelihood live in America at some point in the future, the constitution is something absolutely vital to me. And the millions that wish to live in Europe, how does an American Constitutional AMENDMENT affect them???

If that offends you then you really need to check your tolerance levels. Where did I exhibit intolerence...I only called YOU out.

I've not once comented on defunding the police nor oppression of black people.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:53 - Sep 21 with 649 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:41 - Sep 21 by DJack

Are you feeling ok? Yep

No hand waving, no misdirection. The constitution is there for Americans for a reason, that constitution has the right to bear arms as a fundamental building block. NOPE, as already stated it was an amendment and it mentions a "REGULATED MILITIA"

However it has zero to do with defunding police and crime rate. I didn't state that it did. As previously mentioned , you move on to othere topics and so do I.

Whether you want to dance around the fact that it doesn’t affect you currently is your business, it does nothing to the point. As a citizen of the Western World and someone who will in all likelihood live in America at some point in the future, the constitution is something absolutely vital to me. And the millions that wish to live in Europe, how does an American Constitutional AMENDMENT affect them???

If that offends you then you really need to check your tolerance levels. Where did I exhibit intolerence...I only called YOU out.

I've not once comented on defunding the police nor oppression of black people.

Incorrect, the right to bear arms is for civilian rights promoted by the bill of rights in the UK which took arms away from Protestants and into Catholic hands. It was a direct response to that.

Second, you may move whatever topic on you wish, but it’s very ironic you do so while (incorrectly) accusing others of doing so.

Third, the millions of people that live in Europe. I have no idea what relevance that has, I assume it would depend of whether they visit America as to whether it affects them. 93 million people travel to America every year so the constitution affects every single one of them.

Fourth, your intolerance is exhibited in nearly every one of your posts. You seem offended by those willing to back their opinion and implore others to do the same. You seem like you would prefer to attack than build debate. That’s your choice however.

Fifth, this thread is based on oppression of black people and thus the defund the police movement. If you don’t think they are oppressed then you agree with me that the movement is utter nonsense.

Glad we agree.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 02:14 - Sep 21 with 645 viewsDJack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 01:53 - Sep 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Incorrect, the right to bear arms is for civilian rights promoted by the bill of rights in the UK which took arms away from Protestants and into Catholic hands. It was a direct response to that.

Second, you may move whatever topic on you wish, but it’s very ironic you do so while (incorrectly) accusing others of doing so.

Third, the millions of people that live in Europe. I have no idea what relevance that has, I assume it would depend of whether they visit America as to whether it affects them. 93 million people travel to America every year so the constitution affects every single one of them.

Fourth, your intolerance is exhibited in nearly every one of your posts. You seem offended by those willing to back their opinion and implore others to do the same. You seem like you would prefer to attack than build debate. That’s your choice however.

Fifth, this thread is based on oppression of black people and thus the defund the police movement. If you don’t think they are oppressed then you agree with me that the movement is utter nonsense.

Glad we agree.

Incorrect, the right to bear arms is for civilian rights promoted by the bill of rights in the UK which took arms away from Protestants and into Catholic hands. It was a direct response to that. A couple of hundred years difference to America and not an item in law, in the UK, today...An anachronism

Second, you may move whatever topic on you wish, but it’s very ironic you do so while (incorrectly) accusing others of doing so. Horseshit. You do it all the time.

Third, the millions of people that live in Europe. I have no idea what relevance that has, I assume it would depend of whether they visit America as to whether it affects them. 93 million people travel to America every year so the constitution affects every single one of them. Your tear-jerking point is bollix. You referenced our American members (most of which are not right-wingers (judging by their posts) and I pointed out that their constitution(and ammendments) is nothing to do with us and then you mentioned that it is because you might go there, so I mentioned those that might come to Europe... i.e. Your point is fckall to do with the rest of us

Fourth, your intolerance is exhibited in nearly every one of your posts. You seem offended by those willing to back their opinion and implore others to do the same. You seem like you would prefer to attack than build debate. That’s your choice however. As I've said previously I have, on many ocasions but you either raise stawmen, twist what is said, re-frame my(and others) argument to suit yourself, claim that I'm drunk, use misdirection, claim others comments are "sound-bites", take facts out of context etc...etc...etc.

Fifth, this thread is based on oppression of black people and thus the defund the police movement. If you don’t think they are oppressed then you agree with me that the movement is utter nonsense. In America there is rampant prejuduce and there is outright racism. There are MANY versions of "defund the police" and many of them will be agreed upon by police here in the UK...I have an inlaw who is a copper and they are most definitely NOT left of centre but they feel put upon as an untrained social worker, drug outreach person etc.

Glad we agree. WE DONT.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 02:23 - Sep 21 with 644 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 02:14 - Sep 21 by DJack

Incorrect, the right to bear arms is for civilian rights promoted by the bill of rights in the UK which took arms away from Protestants and into Catholic hands. It was a direct response to that. A couple of hundred years difference to America and not an item in law, in the UK, today...An anachronism

Second, you may move whatever topic on you wish, but it’s very ironic you do so while (incorrectly) accusing others of doing so. Horseshit. You do it all the time.

Third, the millions of people that live in Europe. I have no idea what relevance that has, I assume it would depend of whether they visit America as to whether it affects them. 93 million people travel to America every year so the constitution affects every single one of them. Your tear-jerking point is bollix. You referenced our American members (most of which are not right-wingers (judging by their posts) and I pointed out that their constitution(and ammendments) is nothing to do with us and then you mentioned that it is because you might go there, so I mentioned those that might come to Europe... i.e. Your point is fckall to do with the rest of us

Fourth, your intolerance is exhibited in nearly every one of your posts. You seem offended by those willing to back their opinion and implore others to do the same. You seem like you would prefer to attack than build debate. That’s your choice however. As I've said previously I have, on many ocasions but you either raise stawmen, twist what is said, re-frame my(and others) argument to suit yourself, claim that I'm drunk, use misdirection, claim others comments are "sound-bites", take facts out of context etc...etc...etc.

Fifth, this thread is based on oppression of black people and thus the defund the police movement. If you don’t think they are oppressed then you agree with me that the movement is utter nonsense. In America there is rampant prejuduce and there is outright racism. There are MANY versions of "defund the police" and many of them will be agreed upon by police here in the UK...I have an inlaw who is a copper and they are most definitely NOT left of centre but they feel put upon as an untrained social worker, drug outreach person etc.

Glad we agree. WE DONT.

It would be far easier if you just responded instead of doing this nonsense, anyway here we go...

Djack point 1) “A couple of hundred years difference to America and not an item in law, in the UK, today...An anachronism”....

What point are you making? The constitution is the building block of American law and the freedoms enjoyed by their citizens. You deciding their rights shouldn’t matter unfortunately doesn’t take away from the fact that they do and are protected vehemently, rightly so.

Djack point 2) “ Horseshit. You do it all the time.“

Nope, my points are always on topic, always.

Djack point 3) “Your tear-jerking point is bollix. You referenced our American members (most of which are not right-wingers (judging by their posts) and I pointed out that their constitution(and ammendments) is nothing to do with us and then you mentioned that it is because you might go there, so I mentioned those that might come to Europe... i.e. Your point is fckall to do with the rest of us “

Your point makes no sense. The constitution doesn’t serve the right or the left, it affects everybody. Whether you believe if affects you currently or anyone in Europe is utterly irrelevant to anything. We are discussing the constitution, if you don’t want to discuss things that don’t affect you then why are you on a thread about the defunding of police In Minneapolis?

Djack point 4) “As I've said previously I have, on many ocasions but you either raise stawmen, twist what is said, re-frame my(and others) argument to suit yourself, claim that I'm drunk, use misdirection, claim others comments are "sound-bites", take facts out of context etc...etc...etc. “

I don’t recall you putting a view across once. I have seen you put silly arguments together that get dismantled with ease and then you throw your toys out of the pram - do you mean that? By all means put forward some counters and we will see how we get on with them. Best of luck.

Djack point 5) “We don’t” (agree).

Superb, can you explain where the oppression is in America in 2020 then please? And what is the direct cause of it.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 2:24]

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 02:28 - Sep 21 with 641 viewsDJack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 02:23 - Sep 21 by Dr_Parnassus

It would be far easier if you just responded instead of doing this nonsense, anyway here we go...

Djack point 1) “A couple of hundred years difference to America and not an item in law, in the UK, today...An anachronism”....

What point are you making? The constitution is the building block of American law and the freedoms enjoyed by their citizens. You deciding their rights shouldn’t matter unfortunately doesn’t take away from the fact that they do and are protected vehemently, rightly so.

Djack point 2) “ Horseshit. You do it all the time.“

Nope, my points are always on topic, always.

Djack point 3) “Your tear-jerking point is bollix. You referenced our American members (most of which are not right-wingers (judging by their posts) and I pointed out that their constitution(and ammendments) is nothing to do with us and then you mentioned that it is because you might go there, so I mentioned those that might come to Europe... i.e. Your point is fckall to do with the rest of us “

Your point makes no sense. The constitution doesn’t serve the right or the left, it affects everybody. Whether you believe if affects you currently or anyone in Europe is utterly irrelevant to anything. We are discussing the constitution, if you don’t want to discuss things that don’t affect you then why are you on a thread about the defunding of police In Minneapolis?

Djack point 4) “As I've said previously I have, on many ocasions but you either raise stawmen, twist what is said, re-frame my(and others) argument to suit yourself, claim that I'm drunk, use misdirection, claim others comments are "sound-bites", take facts out of context etc...etc...etc. “

I don’t recall you putting a view across once. I have seen you put silly arguments together that get dismantled with ease and then you throw your toys out of the pram - do you mean that? By all means put forward some counters and we will see how we get on with them. Best of luck.

Djack point 5) “We don’t” (agree).

Superb, can you explain where the oppression is in America in 2020 then please? And what is the direct cause of it.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 2:24]

DEJA VU.

Bye.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 02:32 - Sep 21 with 638 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 02:28 - Sep 21 by DJack

DEJA VU.

Bye.

Absolutely, act the same and you will get the same response. This will never change.

See you tomorrow.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:03 - Sep 21 with 609 viewsonehunglow

He,political intolerance everywhere .

No respect others political views

Obvious

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024