Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” 11:53 - Sep 18 with 6695 viewsHighjack

Minneapolis city council are worried about a huge spike in crime after defunding and dismantling the police force and replacing them with “violence interrupters” then demand the police chief do something about it pronto.

Local residents concerned about a massive uptick in murders, carjackings, burglaries and other violent crimes are wondering why the police who are in the process of being dismantled aren’t turning up to help.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/minneapolis-city-council-members-complain-16073129

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:23 - Sep 21 with 866 viewsCatullus

Actually Dr P, the UK bill of rights 1689 reestablished the protestants rights to bear arms which has since been amended by law and no one is allowed to carry arms on UK streets anymore, except police and security forces. Of course in 1689 in was swords, not automatic rifles.

The UK did it so the USA could do it. It's a democratic right of a sovereign country to change your own laws. If enough of the voters in the USA wanted it, it could absolutely be done.

AFD, it's not about removing ability to defend yourself and your family, it's about protecting them from gun toting lunatics. Why any ordinary citizen should have the right to bear military standard and automatic weapons is beyond me.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:37 - Sep 21 with 857 viewsHighjack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:23 - Sep 21 by Catullus

Actually Dr P, the UK bill of rights 1689 reestablished the protestants rights to bear arms which has since been amended by law and no one is allowed to carry arms on UK streets anymore, except police and security forces. Of course in 1689 in was swords, not automatic rifles.

The UK did it so the USA could do it. It's a democratic right of a sovereign country to change your own laws. If enough of the voters in the USA wanted it, it could absolutely be done.

AFD, it's not about removing ability to defend yourself and your family, it's about protecting them from gun toting lunatics. Why any ordinary citizen should have the right to bear military standard and automatic weapons is beyond me.

It was the English bill of rights, the UK didn’t exist at the time, the Scots had a similar claim of rights. The US constitution was pretty much lifted from the English bill of rights, it was also massively influenced by Magna Carta which had made a bit of a comeback in the 18th century.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:37 - Sep 21 with 857 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:23 - Sep 21 by Catullus

I’m not sure what point you are making, the right to bear arms amendment to the constitution and it’s origins are well known and documented everywhere. Not sure what else to say other than what I already have, I would just be repeating myself.

I reiterate that if ever there was a time in modern history where that has been as vital, it’s now. People don’t want to get rid of their guns and rightly so, people’s homes and business are being burned to the ground.

I’m also repeating myself by stating that I have no idea why gun rights are being brought into a debate about defunding the police, again guns or no guns crime is directly related to police funding and police presence.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:42 - Sep 21 with 848 viewsHighjack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:37 - Sep 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not sure what point you are making, the right to bear arms amendment to the constitution and it’s origins are well known and documented everywhere. Not sure what else to say other than what I already have, I would just be repeating myself.

I reiterate that if ever there was a time in modern history where that has been as vital, it’s now. People don’t want to get rid of their guns and rightly so, people’s homes and business are being burned to the ground.

I’m also repeating myself by stating that I have no idea why gun rights are being brought into a debate about defunding the police, again guns or no guns crime is directly related to police funding and police presence.

Gun rights is definitely relevant when it comes to the discussion around deaths by or involving police, the fact that anyone might be or are likely to be armed to the teeth means the slightest movement towards a pocket or glove box and it’s bang bang bang.

I wouldn’t want to be a police officer over there.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:44 - Sep 21 with 846 viewsCatullus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:37 - Sep 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I'm making the point that the 2nd amendment could be changed. I mentioned guns because if the USA didn't have freely available guns then the levels of violence on USA streets may well be lower, the police wouldn't be shooting people (rightly or wrongly) because they would be less worried about a perp pulling a gun, people wouldn't end up in court charged with murder after carrying a gun to defend a home or business during a protest that might not itself have happened if the police hadn't shot a black man.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:51 - Sep 21 with 844 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:42 - Sep 21 by Highjack

Gun rights is definitely relevant when it comes to the discussion around deaths by or involving police, the fact that anyone might be or are likely to be armed to the teeth means the slightest movement towards a pocket or glove box and it’s bang bang bang.

I wouldn’t want to be a police officer over there.

This thread is about the effects of defunding of police though as opposed to police brutality.

Guns don’t come into it, it’s proven with data globally, including countries with a total ban on guns.

Defund the police = crime rate increases, with or without guns.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:54 - Sep 21 with 843 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:44 - Sep 21 by Catullus

I'm making the point that the 2nd amendment could be changed. I mentioned guns because if the USA didn't have freely available guns then the levels of violence on USA streets may well be lower, the police wouldn't be shooting people (rightly or wrongly) because they would be less worried about a perp pulling a gun, people wouldn't end up in court charged with murder after carrying a gun to defend a home or business during a protest that might not itself have happened if the police hadn't shot a black man.

The constitution is there so Government don’t overrule it. That’s the whole point of it. The amendments were made in the times of the founding fathers, a decade or so after creation in the late 1700’s. Can’t go changing things just because some people don’t like it, that’s unconstitutional.

But as I said, defunding the police won’t improve the crime rate. Gun legislation is a completely seperate topic.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 10:09 - Sep 21 with 833 viewschad

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 00:53 - Sep 21 by DJack

"No, no change it’s absolutely a fundamental building block of the constitution that we have today. "

Er, no! WE are not American, whatever you are may differ but WE on this board are British and therefore that AMMENDMENT is not important to us. That may be OK or awful depending on your view of the government we have the US Constitution and its amendments have no bearing here.

There you go putting yourself forward as spokesperson for this board again. Amusing

As are your false claims, perhaps you should have had them peer reviewed ;)

P.S. here is a clue, we on this board, as a minimum includes everyone who posts here, and should include everyone who uses it. You certainly do not speak for me nor I imagine the person you were conversing with, nor presumably the one you most eloquently called a ‘dull fascist’ etc. etc. etc.

We on this Board are not all British, (neither is our fan base) but thanks for exposing your limited horizons, and your delusions of exclusivity.
Login to get fewer ads

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 10:37 - Sep 21 with 824 viewsHighjack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:51 - Sep 21 by Dr_Parnassus

This thread is about the effects of defunding of police though as opposed to police brutality.

Guns don’t come into it, it’s proven with data globally, including countries with a total ban on guns.

Defund the police = crime rate increases, with or without guns.

Yes but perceived police brutality is one of the driving forces behind the defund the police movement so it’s absolutely relevant in a country where deaths involving police are generally far more prevalent than anywhere else.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 10:46 - Sep 21 with 814 viewsHighjack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 09:44 - Sep 21 by Catullus

It could be changed theoretically but the chances are minuscule. From memory you’d need a huge majority in both houses (Either two thirds or three quarters) and something like 45 out of the 50 states would also have to ratify it.

In short it’s not going to happen for a long long time.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 10:55 - Sep 21 with 810 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 10:37 - Sep 21 by Highjack

Yes but perceived police brutality is one of the driving forces behind the defund the police movement so it’s absolutely relevant in a country where deaths involving police are generally far more prevalent than anywhere else.

But getting rid of guns and the constitution in America is not realistic, it just will never happen. It’s a completely different culture and don’t think it’s for us to say whether they should or shouldn’t have that right. It’s a more violent country and with violent and non violent crime through the roof.

What may well happen however is the defunding of police, and if that does happen, crime rate will only sky rocket as you rightly said in the OP. It’s also important to note that none of the 3 last criminal shootings/killings had guns. 2 had a knife and the other was just high on fentanyl.

One thing is for certain, if I lived in Portland or another Democratic State and I looked out my window and saw people breaking into people’s houses and setting them on fire and attacking people with my wife and kids sleeping upstairs... I’d prefer to have a gun than not. The country is absolutely crazy right now and these people have zero morality when it comes to people’s political beliefs, if you don’t bow to theirs you are fair game to be attacked.

I don’t buy these riots being race related or police brutality related, it was just the excuse for Democratic driven anarchy. Donald Trump being the president is why they are furious, no other reason. It’s just being fuelled by media driven emotional nonsense. As you mentioned before BLM spikes every election year, it’s no coincidence. These riots would be happening one way or another.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 11:00]

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 17:17 - Sep 21 with 772 viewsonehunglow

We are in no position to assume any higher ground here in UK.We release cop killers,child molesters,rapists,professional drug dealers and armed robbers back out on to the streets whilst they are still able to pick up where they left off.

Our family unit has broken down and young kids have kids as it seems "cool" and they get a house in the process.

We hate our veterans ,out former statesmen,and our old people.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 19:29 - Sep 21 with 736 viewsCatullus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 10:46 - Sep 21 by Highjack

It could be changed theoretically but the chances are minuscule. From memory you’d need a huge majority in both houses (Either two thirds or three quarters) and something like 45 out of the 50 states would also have to ratify it.

In short it’s not going to happen for a long long time.

I agree, it won't happen but Dr P just wont accept that it even could if the people wanted it and the political will was there.

In a democracy, if the people show an overwhelming support for something it should be taken on by the politicians and they should act.

The constitution of the USA is not untouchable, legally or politically. It was last amended in 1992, the 27th Amendment. It can be done.

Maybe one day but no, not fot a long, long time.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 19:53 - Sep 21 with 726 viewsonehunglow

Hump.

You in a nutshell.

What are you on about man.

I do not hate barristers simply question what sort of individual does what they do.

I do detest the legal system and our justice system.

I want people to feel they will be justice if giving evidence and not bullied in the witness box.

Barristers will do their level best for their clients,no matter what. I know many. Too many.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 20:21 - Sep 21 with 710 viewsSwanjaxs

Hats off to the thin blue line.

Without these dedicated men and women we'd be truly f#@ked 💙

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 21:19 - Sep 21 with 690 viewsHumpty

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 19:53 - Sep 21 by onehunglow

Hump.

You in a nutshell.

What are you on about man.

I do not hate barristers simply question what sort of individual does what they do.

I do detest the legal system and our justice system.

I want people to feel they will be justice if giving evidence and not bullied in the witness box.

Barristers will do their level best for their clients,no matter what. I know many. Too many.

WTF are you on about now?

Have you been drinking Richard? You're on form tonight.
“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 21:37 - Sep 21 with 680 viewsWingstandwood

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 20:21 - Sep 21 by Swanjaxs

Hats off to the thin blue line.

Without these dedicated men and women we'd be truly f#@ked 💙

These are the very people who run towards danger, who run towards knife wielding terrorists, who run into the midst a of terrorist outrage knowing all too well that a secondary 'come-on' bomb is a genuine possibility when in harms way. Ditto for our NHS ambulance crews and other emergency responders who do exactly the same in similar circumstances.

HERO's!

Argus!

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 21:49 - Sep 21 with 669 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 19:29 - Sep 21 by Catullus

I agree, it won't happen but Dr P just wont accept that it even could if the people wanted it and the political will was there.

In a democracy, if the people show an overwhelming support for something it should be taken on by the politicians and they should act.

The constitution of the USA is not untouchable, legally or politically. It was last amended in 1992, the 27th Amendment. It can be done.

Maybe one day but no, not fot a long, long time.

I just think it’s a pointless conversation, we are discussing defunding the police. Revoking their rights isn’t going to happen, again it’s a fundamental part of the constitution. The 27th amendment is about congress salary, it’s hardly a comparison.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:31 - Sep 21 with 650 viewsDJack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 10:09 - Sep 21 by chad

There you go putting yourself forward as spokesperson for this board again. Amusing

P.S. here is a clue, we on this board, as a minimum includes everyone who posts here, and should include everyone who uses it. You certainly do not speak for me nor I imagine the person you were conversing with, nor presumably the one you most eloquently called a ‘dull fascist’ etc. etc. etc.

We on this Board are not all British, (neither is our fan base) but thanks for exposing your limited horizons, and your delusions of exclusivity.

Hi Chod.

When conservative posters on this board make sweeping statements you are either nowhere to be seen or you act as their fluffer. You NEVER accuse them of appointing themselves "spokesperson".

On many times on this board I've welcomed and defended our fans from outside Wales when others have questioned their "right" to call themselves Jacks/Swamns fans etc

Dr P posted this
"No, no change it’s absolutely a fundamental building block of the constitution that we have today. "

GENERALLY SPEAKING we dont have a constitution ...that is not exclusivity, it is generally a fact for this board and it's posters.

You knew full well what I meant but you chose to be a snidey point scoring turd.

Wishing you sex and travel.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:50 - Sep 21 with 640 viewsonehunglow

When you say conservative ,do you mean those who vote for a party or simply those who offer more prosaic comments.

As I say, if one is seen as a Conservative voter one is demonised on her.

As is obvious.

As I see it, Labour is no better .

I respect Labour voters as I do Conservative voters. We would be a lot better if we all felt that way instead of filth,vile,scum,Kents being normal adjectives used on here for anyone not voting Labour or not being seen to do.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 23:00 - Sep 21 with 633 viewsHumpty

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:50 - Sep 21 by onehunglow

When you say conservative ,do you mean those who vote for a party or simply those who offer more prosaic comments.

As is obvious.

I respect Labour voters as I do Conservative voters. We would be a lot better if we all felt that way instead of filth,vile,scum,Kents being normal adjectives used on here for anyone not voting Labour or not being seen to do.

Richard, do you actually read the forum?

Every day there's umpteen new threads basically saying how evil "the left" is. Have a read.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 23:07]
“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 23:08 - Sep 21 with 624 viewsDJack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:50 - Sep 21 by onehunglow

As is obvious.

conservative with a small c

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 23:49 - Sep 21 with 613 viewsDJack

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 10:09 - Sep 21 by chad

The poster I called "dull fascist" was often posting racist/prejudiced stuff which they would delete the next morning...This included saying that some lady "go back to Africa".

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 00:03 - Sep 22 with 611 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 22:31 - Sep 21 by DJack

Hi Chod.

When conservative posters on this board make sweeping statements you are either nowhere to be seen or you act as their fluffer. You NEVER accuse them of appointing themselves "spokesperson".

On many times on this board I've welcomed and defended our fans from outside Wales when others have questioned their "right" to call themselves Jacks/Swamns fans etc

Dr P posted this

GENERALLY SPEAKING we dont have a constitution ...that is not exclusivity, it is generally a fact for this board and it's posters.

You knew full well what I meant but you chose to be a snidey point scoring turd.

Wishing you sex and travel.

Of course we do. That constitution is everybody's that enjoys the freedom in America. Many people, including myself, are affected by the constitution be that past future or present.

I’m unsure why it’s important whether you think it applies to you or not though.

What point does that have on the discussion of the constitution. It not affecting you doesn’t change the validity of it.

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 00:05 - Sep 22 with 610 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Where the hell are the police we defunded???” on 23:49 - Sep 21 by DJack

The poster I called "dull fascist" was often posting racist/prejudiced stuff which they would delete the next morning...This included saying that some lady "go back to Africa".

That doesn’t sound like fascism, that sounds like racism.

This is the issue with the left in 2020, they use words they don’t understand and they become meaningless.

A black reporter was accused by a BLM fanatic of having white privilege not so long ago. It’s embarrassing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024