Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) 12:59 - Sep 18 with 3544 viewsDr_Parnassus

Humpty, last time you sheepishly refused to have a civil political debate and disappeared for a while. Now it seems you have got a little braver and fallen back into the old swing of things of sniping from the sidelines, abusing people and generally trolling sensible threads.

So we are here again, in order to save threads from you derailing them with your abuse, here we have a thread designed for 10 questions each to be answered in full and in good faith.

You talk about ''good faith'' a lot when the going gets tough as an excuse to not debate, so assuming you are joining these political debates today in good faith and responding directly to me whilst also posting about me, a debate is surely what you will be looking for as I am sure you wouldn't describe yourself as a hypocrite.

So with that in mind, I'll start, this will be one question split into a two subtopics...

1) Where is the oppression in the USA in 2020 and that is a direct result of what policy?

Thanks

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:18 - Sep 18 with 1362 viewsonehunglow

In fairness,Ive had a civil debate with the Hump.Few years ago granted but we didnt end up wanting to kill each other.

He is one of the select few I d like to meet on the flesh one day ,maybe over a Crepe and a small beer

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:26 - Sep 18 with 1349 viewsDr_Parnassus

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:18 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

In fairness,Ive had a civil debate with the Hump.Few years ago granted but we didnt end up wanting to kill each other.

He is one of the select few I d like to meet on the flesh one day ,maybe over a Crepe and a small beer

Well he clearly sees me as a threat, or indeed sees my political position as a threat to his. Either one.

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:33 - Sep 18 with 1345 viewsItchySphincter

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:26 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Well he clearly sees me as a threat, or indeed sees my political position as a threat to his. Either one.

You might need to think about getting another interest? It doesn't look like you're going to get under Humpt's skin.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:35 - Sep 18 with 1340 viewsDr_Parnassus

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:33 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

You might need to think about getting another interest? It doesn't look like you're going to get under Humpt's skin.

Get under his skin? Why ever for?

I would like a civil political debate. Surely that is what he wants too considering he keeps replying to me or posting about me on political subjects. Unless you are accusing your mate of entering them in bad faith?

I do find it cute every time you try and come to his rescue though. You are welcome to stand in his place. The question is there...

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:37 - Sep 18 with 1339 viewsHumpty

I've been using this website and it's predecessors for nigh on two decades now. In all that time I've never been afraid to make my point whether it's popular or not. I can't speak for Neath Jack but I'd say the same about him. I'm also happy to concede a point and admit it when I'm wrong, something that certain others are totally incapable of as their egos will not allow it.

The thought that both of us are happy to engage with everyone but too terrified to debate the mighty Dr is laughable and I'm sure most know it. Debating him is utterly pointless as it's all a game to him where he declares himself the winner. Sod that.

Learn to act like a grown up and you may find more people willing to engage with you.
Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:38 - Sep 18 with 1337 viewsHumpty

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:18 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

Thank you.
Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:42 - Sep 18 with 1335 viewsDr_Parnassus

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:37 - Sep 18 by Humpty

I've been using this website and it's predecessors for nigh on two decades now. In all that time I've never been afraid to make my point whether it's popular or not. I can't speak for Neath Jack but I'd say the same about him. I'm also happy to concede a point and admit it when I'm wrong, something that certain others are totally incapable of as their egos will not allow it.

The thought that both of us are happy to engage with everyone but too terrified to debate the mighty Dr is laughable and I'm sure most know it. Debating him is utterly pointless as it's all a game to him where he declares himself the winner. Sod that.

Learn to act like a grown up and you may find more people willing to engage with you.

But that's just not true.

I don't think I have ever declared myself the winner, only when you revert to type and start abusing is when I make the point that you are only doing so due to lack of belief or courage to debate your point. It is you that then instructs me to ''declare yourself the winner'' - you often do that, accuse someone of doing something that only exists in your mind.

I am giving my views and backing them, you are then coming on and abusing me like a schoolchild. How is it that you are accusing me of not acting like a grown up? You are just looking for every excuse to continue to abuse without the burden of backing your claims. If it was true you are happy to debate points, just not with me... then you wouldn't seek me out on every political thread you enter into. But you do, then get scared when I reply.

This thread is an attempt to take all the childlike quips and abuse out and have a simple 10 question and answer session to be answered in full in order to show that you are indeed on this forum in good faith and not here to just troll as it currently appears you are.

You have twice come up empty. Predictably.

Also for a fact check, your silly point of ''and more people will be willing to engage with you'', the only two people that refuse are yourself and NeathJack. Neathjack has repeatedly called me the best poster on this site and has only recently changed his mind due to my political leanings - we have never had an issue and again you have only developed this issue due to my political leanings.

Ergo - this isn't anything to do with me why you two refuse to enter any meaningful debate and instead choose cowardly insults instead, it is to do with your fear of my political leanings and the facts they are based on.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 14:00]

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:42 - Sep 18 with 1334 viewsItchySphincter

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:35 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Get under his skin? Why ever for?

I would like a civil political debate. Surely that is what he wants too considering he keeps replying to me or posting about me on political subjects. Unless you are accusing your mate of entering them in bad faith?

I do find it cute every time you try and come to his rescue though. You are welcome to stand in his place. The question is there...

You're doing what you always do. It's the reason you've been banned so many times and had so many user names. Debate will happen naturally in the right environment. Trying to goad individuals in to it to satisfy your narcissistic complex is not really going to help you. This is just friendly advice and you will of course ignore it, but maybe trying looking at yourself to see if you're the problem, not the solution.

People are laughing at you mate, unfortunately.

Login to get fewer ads

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:46 - Sep 18 with 1320 viewsDr_Parnassus

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:42 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

You're doing what you always do. It's the reason you've been banned so many times and had so many user names. Debate will happen naturally in the right environment. Trying to goad individuals in to it to satisfy your narcissistic complex is not really going to help you. This is just friendly advice and you will of course ignore it, but maybe trying looking at yourself to see if you're the problem, not the solution.

I didn't engage Humpty, he engaged me. You need to look up the definition of goad.

What I always do is give my opinion and invite sensible debate. Those that feel threatened refuse and instead go down the abuse, smearing and playground route - much like yourself.

As for being banned, I was banned for correctly criticising the Trust. Another example of a cowardly reaction when the other person knows they are on shaky ground. Those that know they have a sound opinion will debate it, with anyone. Those that are fearful will look to avoid it at all costs...

As I said, you are more than welcome to step up to the plate. however history and logic tells me you will also cower away
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 13:48]

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:57 - Sep 18 with 1300 viewsHumpty

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:42 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

Can you imagine the arrogance it takes to believe people are willing to argue with everyone else but too terrified to debate one individual ie himself? A two bob troll? And not just me but NJ as well?

Most people would be too embarrassed to even consider it let alone repeat it over and over. I've no idea what kind of personality disorder he suffers from but bloody hell, he's got it bad.

Pity mun.
Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:01 - Sep 18 with 1291 viewsonehunglow

Why don't people simply post an opinion /comment and just reply accordingly ;not to the person.

I have opinions that I keep to myself-really.

Few can really debate these days.The old Grammar schools were good for that.

The only place for a real debate is face to face.The alternative is simply often a sham.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:03 - Sep 18 with 1289 viewsItchySphincter

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:46 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I didn't engage Humpty, he engaged me. You need to look up the definition of goad.

What I always do is give my opinion and invite sensible debate. Those that feel threatened refuse and instead go down the abuse, smearing and playground route - much like yourself.

As for being banned, I was banned for correctly criticising the Trust. Another example of a cowardly reaction when the other person knows they are on shaky ground. Those that know they have a sound opinion will debate it, with anyone. Those that are fearful will look to avoid it at all costs...

As I said, you are more than welcome to step up to the plate. however history and logic tells me you will also cower away
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 13:48]

Maybe if you didn’t approach every conversation with the intent to have a winner, inevitably you, and a loser maybe more people would engage with you.

Most people couldn’t give a sh!t mate.

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:05 - Sep 18 with 1289 viewsDr_Parnassus

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 13:57 - Sep 18 by Humpty

Can you imagine the arrogance it takes to believe people are willing to argue with everyone else but too terrified to debate one individual ie himself? A two bob troll? And not just me but NJ as well?

Most people would be too embarrassed to even consider it let alone repeat it over and over. I've no idea what kind of personality disorder he suffers from but bloody hell, he's got it bad.

Pity mun.

If it was true that you were willing to debate your point but you just don;t want to with me for whatever mythical reasons you concoct, then you wouldn't go out of your way to seek my posts out on political threads.

You then run away or revert to this type of posting we are seeing now when you get pressed. You call me a troll because I have the ability to make you feel completely and utterly uncomfortable as I don't fall for your nonsense and cut straight through your deflective tactics with direct questions.

You have had about 40 posts to state your position and back it, yet you haven't been able to once. I am the only one that sees that and makes an attempt to ask you, which is why I am persona non grata for the likes of yourself who try and get by using the technique of attacking other peoples opinions whilst non giving reasons why.

I am afraid you wont get a free ride with me and will expose that every single time you try and troll a topic with that kind of behavior.

It takes a special kind of person to be so offended by simple questions.

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:08 - Sep 18 with 1286 viewsDr_Parnassus

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:03 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

Maybe if you didn’t approach every conversation with the intent to have a winner, inevitably you, and a loser maybe more people would engage with you.

Most people couldn’t give a sh!t mate.

That's your interpretation, an incorrect one, but your interpretation all the same.

The only people that tend to mention winners and losers in debate are those refusing to partake in them.

That is the result of a fear of people losing a debate than me wanting to win them, of that there is very little doubt.

What do you mean more people will engage with me? Every single person on this forum engages with me perfectly fine. The only people that refuse to are the 2 I mentioned that are fearful of the outcome, then there is the likes of you that have had a chip on your shoulder for the last decade and come to their rescue.

If you don't want to engage in debate then stop talking to me would be the best advice I could give. Seeking someone out to continually post to or about - that you have no intention of debating with.... is trolling, right?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 14:11]

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:11 - Sep 18 with 1275 viewsHumpty

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:05 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

If it was true that you were willing to debate your point but you just don;t want to with me for whatever mythical reasons you concoct, then you wouldn't go out of your way to seek my posts out on political threads.

You then run away or revert to this type of posting we are seeing now when you get pressed. You call me a troll because I have the ability to make you feel completely and utterly uncomfortable as I don't fall for your nonsense and cut straight through your deflective tactics with direct questions.

You have had about 40 posts to state your position and back it, yet you haven't been able to once. I am the only one that sees that and makes an attempt to ask you, which is why I am persona non grata for the likes of yourself who try and get by using the technique of attacking other peoples opinions whilst non giving reasons why.

I am afraid you wont get a free ride with me and will expose that every single time you try and troll a topic with that kind of behavior.

It takes a special kind of person to be so offended by simple questions.

Yeah. That's right mate.

It's just you though. Only you.

Lol.
Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:12 - Sep 18 with 1274 viewsProfessor

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:01 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

Why don't people simply post an opinion /comment and just reply accordingly ;not to the person.

The only place for a real debate is face to face.The alternative is simply often a sham.

Well that would stop the obscure 'facts' of evidence fished from the internet pretty quickly. Face-to-face. Yes good idea.

I have a date for meeting students face to face. 7/1/2021-subject to pandemics
Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:15 - Sep 18 with 1270 viewsDr_Parnassus

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:11 - Sep 18 by Humpty

Yeah. That's right mate.

It's just you though. Only you.

Lol.

It is indeed.

Show me someone that has asked the direct questions I have to you. Nobody has. The moment you realised I would ask you these questions is when you started pretending to not want to engage.

If you were truly happy to debate anyone apart from me due to whatever reason you have fabricated, then you wouldn't seek me out on these political threads.

I am a threat to you. You wan't the benefit of being able to respond without the burden of the awkward follow up questions. If you didn't want to engage with me then you would simple never mention or not respond to me.

The question is there in the OP, if you can answer or feel a bit braver later on - I am ready when you are....

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:16 - Sep 18 with 1269 viewsHumpty

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:08 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

That's your interpretation, an incorrect one, but your interpretation all the same.

The only people that tend to mention winners and losers in debate are those refusing to partake in them.

That is the result of a fear of people losing a debate than me wanting to win them, of that there is very little doubt.

What do you mean more people will engage with me? Every single person on this forum engages with me perfectly fine. The only people that refuse to are the 2 I mentioned that are fearful of the outcome, then there is the likes of you that have had a chip on your shoulder for the last decade and come to their rescue.

If you don't want to engage in debate then stop talking to me would be the best advice I could give. Seeking someone out to continually post to or about - that you have no intention of debating with.... is trolling, right?

Dear God. Get help.

Anyway, gotta go.

Bye.
Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:20 - Sep 18 with 1265 viewsDr_Parnassus

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:16 - Sep 18 by Humpty

Dear God. Get help.

Anyway, gotta go.

Bye.

The tried and tested troll response of ''get help'', how original.

Humpty, you spend your days trawling this forum looking for posts you can respond to without the burden of expanding. That's either because you have an extreme lack of faith in your own argument or indeed an extreme lack of faith in your own ability to state them.

Going forward, if you have no intention of discussing anything sensibly with me then can you please stop responding to my posts like a love sick puppy, or some Twitter fan stalking their hero.

The minute you want to enter into a sensible intellectual debate about politics I am here to oblige. Although we both know the thought of that puts the fear of God into you. Only a troll seeks out a poster with no intention of debating, remember that.

No doubt ''Challenge 3'' isn't far away, read up on your arguments during this time and who knows you may get your big boy pants on and be brave enough to back them.

Cheers lad.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 14:23]

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:28 - Sep 18 with 1247 viewsGwyn737

FWIW 'debating' on a forum is pointless.

There's no nuance for a start.

A lack of pace in responding means that someone with an experienced or educated view is at the mercy of of an opponent with access to Google.

I've no expertise in this area so I may be about to make a fool of myself, but I reckon the perfect example of this is on the 'Living Planet' thread, where a poster arguing against wind turbines found a link to a site called 'Stopthesethings' to back up a point.

You can't debate that.
Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:29 - Sep 18 with 1246 viewsDr_Parnassus

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:01 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

That one is easy to answer.

People who lack a lot of knowledge in their views naturally try and steer clear of situations where they are pressed on them. That normally comes in the form of attacking others for theirs (when you are attacking, you are not defending). So the focus is on their view not your own.

If you ignore those attacks and concentrate on getting to the route of their opinion, then they run a mile. They either up the intensity of their attacks or run away (or a combination of both). The problem with attacking as opposed to debating is that you instantly set your stall out as not wanting to lose, which is why those that are fearful of losing a debate often are the only ones to talk about ''winning and losing'' debates.

This opinion lark is simple. Put yours forward, if you disagree with another then state why. It's that simple.

Those that don't adhere to that very simple formula are doing it for a reason...

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:31 - Sep 18 with 1243 viewsDr_Parnassus

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:28 - Sep 18 by Gwyn737

FWIW 'debating' on a forum is pointless.

There's no nuance for a start.

A lack of pace in responding means that someone with an experienced or educated view is at the mercy of of an opponent with access to Google.

I've no expertise in this area so I may be about to make a fool of myself, but I reckon the perfect example of this is on the 'Living Planet' thread, where a poster arguing against wind turbines found a link to a site called 'Stopthesethings' to back up a point.

You can't debate that.

No need to use Google unless you are asked for references. It's simple, if you disagree with someone state why. Don't attack them.

It really is that simple unless you are doing it to hide your own lack of knowledge. If you do have a lack of knowledge on the subject then state so, it's not a crime.

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 15:33 - Sep 18 with 1211 viewsbuilthjack

Meet up for a beer, or a coffee. Simple.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 17:10 - Sep 18 with 1175 viewsItchySphincter

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 14:08 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

My interpretation is that you called the thread “ Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2)”...... but you’re not trying to win anything, right?

vs FFS.

(Attempt 2). Definitely not trolling then.

Humpty vs Dr Parnassus The Big Debate Challenge (attempt 2) on 17:39 - Sep 18 with 1158 viewsNeath_Jack

Incredible.

Humpt, how dare you not want to converse with him, bloody scandalous behaviour.

Itch has called this absolutely bang on, right through the thread.

I only wonder which poor forum had to suffer his nonsense during his exile from here.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024