Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR decide not to take the knee. 20:43 - Sep 18 with 4138 viewsFlashberryjack

QPR decided not to take the knee at tonight's game, although Coventry were happy to to take the knee.

Correct decision or not ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 19:24 - Sep 19 with 901 viewsKeithHaynes

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 19:23 - Sep 19 by hobo

OP said Coventry decided to take the knee, but that twitter link says neither team did?

Absolutely correct.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 20:32 - Sep 19 with 873 viewsLohengrin

Let’s be honest, if crowds were allowed in the grounds this increasingly odd caper wouldn’t have lasted beyond the first fixture. That would have been an end to it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 20:45 - Sep 19 with 863 viewsDr_Parnassus

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 19:23 - Sep 19 by hobo

OP said Coventry decided to take the knee, but that twitter link says neither team did?

The twitter link is actually a 2 minute video showing the hosts in the studio almost incredulous at the decision.

But in it they explain that QPR made it clear they wanted to stop as they also didn’t do it in their last game. Coventry said they were more than happy to, but agreed they wouldn’t.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:40 - Sep 19 with 839 viewsKilkennyjack

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 19:05 - Sep 19 by felixstowe_jack

We came out to cheer the NHS for a couple of months then stopped.
Time taking the knee stopped it has gone on long enough.

The time for taking the knee to stop is when black people are treated with equality.
They should not even have to ask.

I am proud of our Swans for standing up for equality.
Well done lads. ✊🏾

Beware of the Risen People

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:41 - Sep 19 with 839 viewsAndy1300

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 07:03 - Sep 19 by 34dfgdf54

Send a link to that!

Here you go, me and some others saw through the bull from very early on but were abused for saying so.

Number 1 team in Wales

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:42 - Sep 19 with 834 viewsDr_Parnassus

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:40 - Sep 19 by Kilkennyjack

The time for taking the knee to stop is when black people are treated with equality.
They should not even have to ask.

I am proud of our Swans for standing up for equality.
Well done lads. ✊🏾

In what sense do you think they aren’t treated with equality?

Wouldn’t it be better to call out those that don’t?

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:45 - Sep 19 with 831 viewsDr_Parnassus

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:41 - Sep 19 by Andy1300

Here you go, me and some others saw through the bull from very early on but were abused for saying so.

Horrifyingly stupid responses. These are the type of people the movement is designed for, run of the mill morons unable to think for themselves that put following the trend on social media above all.

Truly embarrassing.

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:46 - Sep 19 with 830 viewsNeath_Jack

You threw your toys out of your pram, and others took the piss out of you.

Seems fair enough that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:49 - Sep 19 with 823 viewsAndy1300

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:46 - Sep 19 by Neath_Jack

Seems fair enough that.

The replies were pathetic and I didn’t throw my toys out of the pram I disagreed and stood by my principles
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 21:50]

Number 1 team in Wales

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:50 - Sep 19 with 816 viewsDr_Parnassus

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:46 - Sep 19 by Neath_Jack

Seems fair enough that.

Didn’t you say the other day that you don’t think there is oppression of black people?

You do know that’s what this is all about right? And all the violence and murders happening in its name?

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 10:36 - Sep 20 with 740 viewsNeath_Jack

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:49 - Sep 19 by Andy1300

The replies were pathetic and I didn’t throw my toys out of the pram I disagreed and stood by my principles
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 21:50]

One mans toys out of a pram, is another mans “principles”.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 10:40 - Sep 20 with 738 viewsDr_Parnassus

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 10:36 - Sep 20 by Neath_Jack

One mans toys out of a pram, is another mans “principles”.

Did you decide where the oppression was in the end?

Or still conveniently dodging the question?

Either is fine just trying to be clear.

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 13:50 - Sep 20 with 700 viewsonehunglow

Swansea is ,what ,95% white. Odd to see so many commenting on Race hen most will have no idea as to what living in a multi cultural city is like nor indeed how black people are treated by Police in this country.
Massive signalling and utter hypocrisy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 14:28 - Sep 20 with 686 viewsAndy1300

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 13:50 - Sep 20 by onehunglow

Swansea is ,what ,95% white. Odd to see so many commenting on Race hen most will have no idea as to what living in a multi cultural city is like nor indeed how black people are treated by Police in this country.

I have lived and worked in London, Sunbury on Thames/Kentish Town. I’ve seen how the police work, it doesn’t alter the facts that black kids are more likely to carry knives and kill other black kids, it’s no wonder the black kids get stopped and searched.

Number 1 team in Wales

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 14:44 - Sep 20 with 678 viewsNeath_Jack

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 13:50 - Sep 20 by onehunglow

So by that token, you have to wonder why all the right wingers on here are so worried about what the blacks do, yes?

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 15:43 - Sep 20 with 645 viewsBadlands

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 21:09 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

Tref.
This is where I am.
White footballers are clearly being pressured to take a knee whether they like it or not. Its not overt but its clearly the case.

As regards racial abuse,I believe the captain of a team on hearing a crowd shout racist filth then the ref takes the teams off immediately. They return and if it's repeated,game is forfeited and the club docked 12 points.

No black player should have ever been insulted like they are in the likes of eastern european countries especially Serbia,Croatia,Bulgaria,Romania and Russia. No team should lose because they decide to walk off the pitch after racist chanting.

THAT should have happened long ago.Nothing was done until George Floyd became a cause celebre

And you don't know that, it is your opinion.
Personally - The knee thing is an American affectation and while I'm all in favour with a show of solidarity in support of equality there is no need for this to continue.
There are, as you pointed out, better ways of showing contempt for racists.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 16:27 - Sep 20 with 630 viewsjasper_T

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 15:43 - Sep 20 by Badlands

And you don't know that, it is your opinion.
Personally - The knee thing is an American affectation and while I'm all in favour with a show of solidarity in support of equality there is no need for this to continue.
There are, as you pointed out, better ways of showing contempt for racists.

We can do the better things as well. Not an either/or issue.

An alarming number on here seem very uncomfortable seeing it, but the reasons the movement started are far from solved in the US. The expectation seems to be that people should have a quick, polite protest that upsets no one, and then sit down and shut up forever afterwards. As if being heard was the end goal and not simply the first step in a process towards actual meaningful social change.
QPR decide not to take the knee. on 18:02 - Sep 20 with 603 viewsReslovenSwan1

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 16:27 - Sep 20 by jasper_T

An alarming number on here seem very uncomfortable seeing it, but the reasons the movement started are far from solved in the US. The expectation seems to be that people should have a quick, polite protest that upsets no one, and then sit down and shut up forever afterwards. As if being heard was the end goal and not simply the first step in a process towards actual meaningful social change.

It is correct to say the problems are far from solved in the USA in the inner city Black areas so far as I can see from afar. Similar deprivation is seen in the flavellas of south America and shanty towns in Africa. This is a matter for them and has got nothing to do with my football club other than a few of the players are black and from inner city areas in England which are actually decent places to live.

US people including inner city people have an election in the next few months and can vote in their representatives and BLM concerns will be a consideration I would imagine.

The US Government is the richest in the world and can after being elected enacts policies such as listed below.

- Enforce new ristrictions of gun ownership.
- invest heavily in deprived inner city areas.
- Give tax breaks for married couples with children.
- Increase penalties on drug sales and users.
- Establish localised community self policing.

Its for them to determine for themselves and none of the business of European millionaire footballers.

Wise sage since Toshack era

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 18:54 - Sep 20 with 592 viewsFlashberryjack

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 18:02 - Sep 20 by ReslovenSwan1

It is correct to say the problems are far from solved in the USA in the inner city Black areas so far as I can see from afar. Similar deprivation is seen in the flavellas of south America and shanty towns in Africa. This is a matter for them and has got nothing to do with my football club other than a few of the players are black and from inner city areas in England which are actually decent places to live.

US people including inner city people have an election in the next few months and can vote in their representatives and BLM concerns will be a consideration I would imagine.

The US Government is the richest in the world and can after being elected enacts policies such as listed below.

- Enforce new ristrictions of gun ownership.
- invest heavily in deprived inner city areas.
- Give tax breaks for married couples with children.
- Increase penalties on drug sales and users.
- Establish localised community self policing.

Its for them to determine for themselves and none of the business of European millionaire footballers.

Said it before, and I'll say it again, Keep politics out of sport.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 19:02 - Sep 20 with 585 viewsJack59

I certainly will not renew if this continues.
QPR decide not to take the knee. on 19:22 - Sep 20 with 579 viewsFireboy2

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 19:02 - Sep 20 by Jack59

I certainly will not renew if this continues.

Haha, why dont the pair of you go and climb out of your cots and pick your teddies up, FFS.

Get a life.
QPR decide not to take the knee. on 19:27 - Sep 20 with 574 viewsAndy1300

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 19:22 - Sep 20 by Fireboy2

Haha, why dont the pair of you go and climb out of your cots and pick your teddies up, FFS.

Get a life.

Why don’t you come and pick them up for us, after you’ve been forced to “take the knee” !

Number 1 team in Wales

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 20:11 - Sep 20 with 552 viewsFireboy2

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 19:27 - Sep 20 by Andy1300

Why don’t you come and pick them up for us, after you’ve been forced to “take the knee” !

Knew you would bite

'forced to take the knee'

Why dont you just take a chill pill and calm down?

Things like BLM dont get to me at all.

And it isnt because I'm a snowflake leftie, it's because I am not bothered about things i cannot change.

You want to take note Andrew, it might help your blood pressure.
QPR decide not to take the knee. on 22:44 - Sep 20 with 527 viewsDr_Parnassus

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 14:44 - Sep 20 by Neath_Jack

So by that token, you have to wonder why all the right wingers on here are so worried about what the blacks do, yes?

Who is worried about what black people do? Most views I have seen from these “right wingers” are in support of the black community. Knowing there is no racial difference in police killings and using absolute fact to make that observation doesn’t mean anyone is worried what black people do.

You seem awfully confused by what “the right wingers” are saying. You just seem to label them “right wingers” meaning anything they say you can ignore. Well, it may help if you read the views instead of pretending you understand them.

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 22:48 - Sep 20 with 526 viewsDr_Parnassus

QPR decide not to take the knee. on 16:27 - Sep 20 by jasper_T

Nothing to do with being uncomfortable with it. It’s about knowing that it is not based on reality and is causing unrest in America.

I don’t live in America so it doesn’t affect me to feel comfortable or uncomfortable, but for someone with a huge interest in American politics I can see the damage it is doing for normal people while these mega rich superstars stir the racial pot.

Still not one person has been able to say where the oppression is in the United States for black people. Not a single poster.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024