Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money 23:45 - Sep 19 with 2823 viewsKeithHaynes

‘It’s very difficult to get in the players you want when you haven’t got any money’

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 00:57 - Sep 20 with 1908 viewsBillyChong

What’s happened to Silverstein’s investment? Oh yeah it was a two bob loan.
Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 04:23 - Sep 20 with 1875 views34dfgdf54

He said we didn’t have money before be purchased Lowe

We haven’t got loads but we will spend again before the window shuts and a striker on loan, imo.
Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 08:19 - Sep 20 with 1808 viewsKilkennyjack

Step forward our multi million pound Academy.

Beware of the Risen People

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 09:16 - Sep 20 with 1729 viewsGeoffThom

Sorry I don't buy this no money we made massive profits on quiet a few players ,siggy, llorente, james ,ollie,ayew brothers bony,to name a few where's it all gone
Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 09:55 - Sep 20 with 1686 viewsonehunglow

Indeed Geoff.iggy's alone was or should have been enough to see us safe for many years to come.
To me,it seems criminal,literally and we would rather squabble with each other than confront the real villains in all of this.

Oh, and fook off Steve

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 09:58 - Sep 20 with 1681 viewsDr_Parnassus

Come on chaps, think.

We made zero profit on transfers in the PL, not a bean. Plucking out the profits doesn’t do much good when you ignore the losses.

We don’t just not have any money; we are in an extreme deficit.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 10:36 - Sep 20 with 1651 viewsjasper_T

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 09:16 - Sep 20 by GeoffThom

Sorry I don't buy this no money we made massive profits on quiet a few players ,siggy, llorente, james ,ollie,ayew brothers bony,to name a few where's it all gone

Wages, loan fees, transfer fees, bonuses to the players, agents and former clubs when those players were sold. The season we sold Gylfi, Llorente, Cork and Gomis we bought Bony, Clucas, Mesa and Ayew, and loaned in Abraham, King and Sanches (£8m fee for the latter). We weren't banking massive profits in our time in the PL.
Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 11:00 - Sep 20 with 1621 viewsGeoffThom

A lot of these players were bought low prices and sold as absolute premium llorente cost very little and sold for a massive profit bony huge profit gylfi huge profit
I don't buy it
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 11:00 - Sep 20 with 1613 viewsDr_Winston

I would dearly love the experts who keep saying that the club has made millions to go through the published accounts and share with us all where those millions are.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 11:01 - Sep 20 with 1617 viewsBadlands

Look back at the books.
We don't have money and the losses that are going to happen across football this season will have to be repaid somehow.
The problem isn't money, it's Cooper.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 11:04 - Sep 20 with 1612 viewsdemonk

Well we got millon pound coming from man utd after dan played last night. Hopefully can spend some on team.
Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 11:26 - Sep 20 with 1588 viewsjasper_T

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 11:00 - Sep 20 by GeoffThom

A lot of these players were bought low prices and sold as absolute premium llorente cost very little and sold for a massive profit bony huge profit gylfi huge profit
I don't buy it

And we made significant losses on other players. We were spending a higher % of our turnover on wages than any other PL club in the two seasons before relegation.

The profit on the Bony transfer to Man City was spent signing him back.
Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 13:02 - Sep 20 with 1490 viewsReslovenSwan1

The club has money, what it does not have is the ability to balance the books. Next season sees the parachute gone so most of the Celina money has to be kept in the bank. The club has the players on board and the US majority owners will 'sweat the asset'. Guidolin played Ayew as striker in favour of Gomis. Ayew is costing the wages of 4 or 5 strikers. No blame to him he has a contract and fighting for the club. The academy does not produce 'good to go' strikers. The last local through the youth system was Jason Bowen 25-30 odd years ago. Brentford sold their striker Maupay and had no strikers and converted one of their wingers Watkins. Cooper has the tools its up to him. He showed Courtney and Borja the door. Potter used Courtney and he did OK. Peterson and Garrick are 6 ft + skillfull and fast and sitting on the bench. Cooper does not play wingers. If I was the new chairman I would be calling in the academy chief and manager and asking why there are no strikers at the club apart from Liam Cullen and none ready from the academy.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 15:09 - Sep 20 with 1378 viewsjasper_T

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 13:02 - Sep 20 by ReslovenSwan1

The club has money, what it does not have is the ability to balance the books. Next season sees the parachute gone so most of the Celina money has to be kept in the bank. The club has the players on board and the US majority owners will 'sweat the asset'. Guidolin played Ayew as striker in favour of Gomis. Ayew is costing the wages of 4 or 5 strikers. No blame to him he has a contract and fighting for the club. The academy does not produce 'good to go' strikers. The last local through the youth system was Jason Bowen 25-30 odd years ago. Brentford sold their striker Maupay and had no strikers and converted one of their wingers Watkins. Cooper has the tools its up to him. He showed Courtney and Borja the door. Potter used Courtney and he did OK. Peterson and Garrick are 6 ft + skillfull and fast and sitting on the bench. Cooper does not play wingers. If I was the new chairman I would be calling in the academy chief and manager and asking why there are no strikers at the club apart from Liam Cullen and none ready from the academy.

Expecting a bit much to have a second academy striker ready to go after Cullen, who Cooper doesn't seem interested in giving more than 6 or 7 minutes. Liam's been the golden boy here for years, competing with the bought-in players like McBurnie, Biabi and Baker-Richardson.

Garrick was a striker in the u18s from what I remember. Arnor Gudjohnsen didn't work out. Al-Hamadi (18) and Josh Thomas (17) next in line.

Is the academy doing something specific to be bringing through so many right backs and centre halves instead of forwards? Or is that just the luck of the youth development draw?
Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 15:21 - Sep 20 with 1365 viewsDr_Winston

I'd quite like to see Garrick have a go through the middle. His close control is nowhere near good enough at the moment (and may never be) to play out wide but he can finish. With his pace breaking the back line he could be dangerous.

Obviously we'd have to get the ball to him with a bit more urgency and it remains to be seen whether Cooper is up to coaching a team that way.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 15:30 - Sep 20 with 1363 viewsBadlands

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 11:04 - Sep 20 by demonk

Well we got millon pound coming from man utd after dan played last night. Hopefully can spend some on team.

£1 million is roughly 8 or 9 games' revenue over and above ST.

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 15:33 - Sep 20 with 1362 viewsjasper_T

There's no way we weren't already banking on that million coming in when we started our summer business.
Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 15:38 - Sep 20 with 1360 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 15:30 - Sep 20 by Badlands

£1 million is roughly 8 or 9 games' revenue over and above ST.

Thinking as the owners would think. When Potter arrived he wanted wingers and they spent £3-4m on Asoro and McKay both of whom have bombed. Wait a minite what about the promising lad in the academy? James is it?

James was buddy of Cullen and Potter did not use him until January. "Raw and not ready" said Potter. Just what Cooper said yesterday. Putting myself in the Chairman's shoes I would want to have a very good look at Cullen in the first team before spending another £3m on a potential dud. He was trusted v Reading and scored.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 17:10 - Sep 20 with 1300 viewsbuilthjack

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 15:38 - Sep 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Thinking as the owners would think. When Potter arrived he wanted wingers and they spent £3-4m on Asoro and McKay both of whom have bombed. Wait a minite what about the promising lad in the academy? James is it?

James was buddy of Cullen and Potter did not use him until January. "Raw and not ready" said Potter. Just what Cooper said yesterday. Putting myself in the Chairman's shoes I would want to have a very good look at Cullen in the first team before spending another £3m on a potential dud. He was trusted v Reading and scored.

Not sure if this is true but a mate said the other day that Asoro only had 4 starts for us, and 14 sub appearances. £2million.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 17:47 - Sep 20 with 1265 viewsCatullus

We spent the Ayew and Bony money bringing them back, we had a massive wage bill which,on relegation was an Albatross around our necks. Don't forget we had to pay tax on profits, you can't add all those fees together and think we had all that to spend.

Last years accounts showed we made a.......oh here you go,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-chief-re

It comes down to massive wages draining the profits. That's the downside of the EPL.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 17:48 - Sep 20 with 1263 viewsraynor94

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 17:10 - Sep 20 by builthjack

Not sure if this is true but a mate said the other day that Asoro only had 4 starts for us, and 14 sub appearances. £2million.

100% correct

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 18:01 - Sep 20 with 1246 viewsBadlands

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 15:38 - Sep 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Where did you get the from?
Potter plucked James from the under 23s to go on Summer our and played him in the third game of the season - a couple of bench games one out then pretty much a regular from mid-September.

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 18:06 - Sep 20 with 1246 viewsCatullus

Didn't Cullen show enough in his 7 minutes yesterday to desrve a chance at a start? If he's only ever given a few minutes at the end he'll never make it and one day will leave. If we are broke (and I don't dispute it) give our players a chanve before bringing new players in. Better to find out if Cullen can hack it in my opinion. His energy and enthusiasm with Lowe's pace and Ayews nous could just work.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 18:58 - Sep 20 with 1209 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 18:01 - Sep 20 by Badlands

Where did you get the from?
Potter plucked James from the under 23s to go on Summer our and played him in the third game of the season - a couple of bench games one out then pretty much a regular from mid-September.

James was off back out on loan until Potter told him he was part of his plans. He said so himself in interviews.
Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 21:28 - Sep 20 with 1071 viewsKilkennyjack

Steve Cooper : We haven’t got any money on 15:09 - Sep 20 by jasper_T

Expecting a bit much to have a second academy striker ready to go after Cullen, who Cooper doesn't seem interested in giving more than 6 or 7 minutes. Liam's been the golden boy here for years, competing with the bought-in players like McBurnie, Biabi and Baker-Richardson.

Garrick was a striker in the u18s from what I remember. Arnor Gudjohnsen didn't work out. Al-Hamadi (18) and Josh Thomas (17) next in line.

Is the academy doing something specific to be bringing through so many right backs and centre halves instead of forwards? Or is that just the luck of the youth development draw?

Its easier to produce defensive players.
Basically easier to destroy than create.

The only exception is Joey Allen.
Although he played further forward after he left us.

Keepers is another disaster area for the club.
Even Big Dai was a stiff.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024