Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP 22:15 - Sep 21 with 2643 viewsSwanjaxs

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 12:46 - Sep 22 with 876 viewsonehunglow

If we ever get back to crowds in stadia,Celtic Park would be one trip to avoid.

To even consider having these animals let loose from all points of the compass into Englih and Welsh towns is madness.

Only positive is to see them both brought down to size.

The likes of Norwich and Bournemouth would trash both every day of the week

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 12:47 - Sep 22 with 876 viewsLohengrin

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 12:42 - Sep 22 by Highjack

They’ve got massive issues in Scotland as a whole I’ve found. I do love the place but you have to be on your guard in a lot of places.

I don’t know about “as a whole” so much but the deprived areas are as bad as anywhere in Europe that I’ve encountered.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 12:51 - Sep 22 with 873 viewsLohengrin

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 12:46 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

If we ever get back to crowds in stadia,Celtic Park would be one trip to avoid.

To even consider having these animals let loose from all points of the compass into Englih and Welsh towns is madness.

Only positive is to see them both brought down to size.

The likes of Norwich and Bournemouth would trash both every day of the week

If either had access to Sky funding on the Premier League scale they’d take flight.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 13:06 - Sep 22 with 864 viewsonehunglow

BTW,Im going to email davillon when I have a chance.

He sent me a signed copy of Epidictus which I read regularly.

Badly missed by me anyway

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 13:06 - Sep 22 with 863 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Neither. But especially not Celtic.

Why should the English league want a team whose identity is Irish and with a support base that hates everything British ? That has songs celebrating the beheading of a British soldier?

They neither have the courage of their hateful convictions or self respect? If they did they’d be playing Shamrock Robers twice a season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 13:11 - Sep 22 with 858 viewsHumpty

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 08:31 - Sep 22 by Whiterockin

I have no objection to them being included in the English pyramid system. But they would have to start at the bottom, to expect them to come straight into the second tier would be unfair to any other club that had to start at the bottom.

Agree with this. If they want to join they should do what clubs like Wimbledon had to do. I'd still prefer it if they stayed where they are.
Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 13:27 - Sep 22 with 843 viewsonehunglow

I have always found it odd that a Scottish club playing in a Scottish league should have the Irish tricolour as its main flag of support.
The reason for this is simply political and remains so. The club is a cancer that would simply spread is hate to all parts and see the thugs of London,Newcasle,Liverpool,Manchester and the Midlands digging out their Doc Martens for a last hurrah.

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 13:46 - Sep 22 with 827 viewsHighjack

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 13:27 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

I have always found it odd that a Scottish club playing in a Scottish league should have the Irish tricolour as its main flag of support.
The reason for this is simply political and remains so. The club is a cancer that would simply spread is hate to all parts and see the thugs of London,Newcasle,Liverpool,Manchester and the Midlands digging out their Doc Martens for a last hurrah.

It’s more historical than political. The club was formed by Irish immigrants as were many others like Hibs and Dundee Utd. The political side came a lot later.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 13:49 - Sep 22 with 826 viewsonehunglow

Thanks.

Not sure I agree with you but there we are.

Now,it most certainly is and its in the DNA of Heart Hibs Rangers and Celtic.

I had the misfortune once to work in Glasgow and got it full pelt. It aint pleasant and it doesnt take drink to start it off.

The songs of both sides fill me with contempt.

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 13:54 - Sep 22 with 822 viewsHighjack

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 13:49 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

Thanks.

Not sure I agree with you but there we are.

Now,it most certainly is and its in the DNA of Heart Hibs Rangers and Celtic.

I had the misfortune once to work in Glasgow and got it full pelt. It aint pleasant and it doesnt take drink to start it off.

The songs of both sides fill me with contempt.

Well you asked why Celtic use the tricolour flag. It’s the exact same reason why the Boston Celtics play in green and have a shamrock and a leprechaun on their badge. It’s a nod to their foundation.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 13:55 - Sep 22 with 821 viewsonehunglow

Yes ,but.

Have a nice afternoon.

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 15:25 - Sep 22 with 794 viewsBadlands

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 08:54 - Sep 22 by Whiterockin

Because they are not British based. Welsh clubs play in the pyramid system as did Scottish club Gretna until about 20 years ago. Berwick (an English club) play in the Scottish league. The only rule is that you can't play in your own countries cup.

Nor will Scottish football teams for much longer.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 18:15 - Sep 22 with 755 viewswestwalesed

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:58 - Sep 21 by BarrySwan

Have you ever lived in Scotland?

I have for a number of years, great place, great people in general.

Does however contain two clubs that must never be allowed to get anywhere near English and Welsh domestic football. If you need to ask why then you clearly have no knowledge or experience of Scottish football.

Same, lived in Scotland for almost a decade fro 18-28, never been as scared at a football match as at an Old Firm derby. I was only 22 though, I'd probably love it now!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 18:32 - Sep 22 with 732 viewsTim_Harry

An absolute emphatic no from me.

Barring major political upheaval involving a change of borders, I don't think any club should be allowed to change the nation in which they compete domestically.

This has only really been a topic of discussion since the Prem became the big money league it is today. Only a few years ago it was more profitable for the Glasgow clubs to stay in the Scottish set up and take advantage of the virtually guaranteed European qualification that came with it.

So what if we allowed them into the English leagues now and in a few years time the financial situation changed back to what it was? Obviously they would want to return to Scotland if it was to their advantage. And who could deny them a return to their own national league?

You could have a farcical situation where two clubs are moving between leagues based on what is in their best financial interests at the time!

Pick a league and stay there. We picked the English league and therefore that's where we belong. Celtic and Rangers belong in Scotland.
Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 19:53 - Sep 22 with 685 viewsCatullus

If we are going to invite these two in (and no I wouldn't) then it'd be only fair to invite Linfield and Glentoran too!

Of course they should all have to start at the very bottom, I reckon they'd enjoy their trip to FC United of Manchester.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 21:40 - Sep 22 with 647 viewstrampie

Would love to see them in the Premier League, they would be top six within a few years, two of the biggest clubs in the World who dwarf nearly ever English team for support and stature.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:11 - Sep 22 with 621 viewsKilkennyjack

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 21:40 - Sep 22 by trampie

Would love to see them in the Premier League, they would be top six within a few years, two of the biggest clubs in the World who dwarf nearly ever English team for support and stature.

Correct.

As i said bigger than Spurs, Newcastle, and Leeds.

Beware of the Risen People

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:15 - Sep 22 with 615 viewsKilkennyjack

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 13:54 - Sep 22 by Highjack

Well you asked why Celtic use the tricolour flag. It’s the exact same reason why the Boston Celtics play in green and have a shamrock and a leprechaun on their badge. It’s a nod to their foundation.

Exactly so. Its history.

Celtic Football Club was formally constituted at a meeting in St. Mary's church hall in East Rose Street (now Forbes Street), Calton, Glasgow, by Irish Marist Brother Walfrid[3] on 6 November 1887, with the purpose of alleviating poverty in the East End of Glasgow by raising money for the charity Walfrid had instituted, the Poor Children's Dinner Table.[4]

Walfrid's move to establish the club as a means of fund-raising was largely inspired by the example of Hibernian, which was formed out of the immigrant Irish population a few years earlier in Edinburgh.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀 in a row.

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:18 - Sep 22 with 611 viewsTreforys_Jack

Jacko, you're a very naughty boy
Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:19 - Sep 22 with 611 viewsNotLoyal

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:11 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

Correct.

As i said bigger than Spurs, Newcastle, and Leeds.

Bigger than most clubs bar man utd, Liverpool, barca and R. Madrid.
Doesn't give them any entitlement though.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:21 - Sep 22 with 607 viewstrampie

In fairly recent times Rangers took 200,000 fans to Manchester and Celtic took 80,000 fans out to Seville.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 23:22]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:27 - Sep 22 with 598 viewsNotLoyal

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:21 - Sep 22 by trampie

In fairly recent times Rangers took 200,000 fans to Manchester and Celtic took 80,000 fans out to Seville.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 23:22]

Maybe both clubs have a shout regards fanbase, still doesn't give them any entitlement to skip the league ladder. Rangers, well they are used to starting at the bottom.

OK I've changed it.

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:30 - Sep 22 with 595 viewsKilkennyjack

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:19 - Sep 22 by NotLoyal

Bigger than most clubs bar man utd, Liverpool, barca and R. Madrid.
Doesn't give them any entitlement though.

Fair enough.

Lack of entitlement usually gets trumped by money though....

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:33 - Sep 22 with 594 viewsNotLoyal

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 23:30 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

Fair enough.

Lack of entitlement usually gets trumped by money though....

I'm not sure they could buy themselves in to the premier league, a league where no amount of money could buy the riches they would get. Unless there's corruption afoot.

OK I've changed it.

Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP on 11:41 - Sep 23 with 533 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The blues have it!!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024