Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? 13:38 - Sep 23 with 1355 viewsSwans9

Look at the difference Brewster made to our team at the end of last season. Even if it's a loan I hope we get someone in.
We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 13:45 - Sep 23 with 1341 viewstrampie

Last I heard the transfer window was Oct 5 for the Prem and Oct 16 for EFL.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 14:00 - Sep 23 with 1324 viewsReslovenSwan1

I had a quick look at a list of free agents and almost all on there had poor seasons last year. Ossuma Niasse, Tamer Hemed were credible names. Hemed was linked a while back but drew a blank last season at Huddesfield but that might be due to the direct style of the Crowleys perhaps?. What about a lower league battler like Padraig Almond? Are these players too far off the level of the championship or the level of a unproven player like Goykeres or Surridge?.

Wise sage since Toshack era

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 17:53 - Sep 23 with 1237 viewsKGriz16

2 games mind.
We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 18:06 - Sep 23 with 1227 viewstrampie

Perhaps we should look at someone from Scottish Prem, Dykes has gone to QPR this window.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 18:21 - Sep 23 with 1211 viewstrampie

Dykes went for 2M, I wonder how much Nesbit of Hibs would be ?, more I would say but who knows, how much would Shankland cost ?, Cosgrove is injured as far as I know, but i would think he would be out of Swans league price wise.

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 18:30 - Sep 23 with 1200 viewstrampie

Ivan Toney apparently went to Brentford for 5M raising to 10M with add on's, strikers don't come cheap.

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 18:43 - Sep 23 with 1184 viewstrampie

I would like to see Cullen getting more and more game time this season he has potential.

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 09:01 - Sep 24 with 1087 viewsSPboy

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 14:00 - Sep 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I had a quick look at a list of free agents and almost all on there had poor seasons last year. Ossuma Niasse, Tamer Hemed were credible names. Hemed was linked a while back but drew a blank last season at Huddesfield but that might be due to the direct style of the Crowleys perhaps?. What about a lower league battler like Padraig Almond? Are these players too far off the level of the championship or the level of a unproven player like Goykeres or Surridge?.

The list of names should start & finish with kids who played under Cooper for England age groups
Login to get fewer ads

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 09:52 - Sep 24 with 1050 viewstrampie

Are the Swans even looking for a bonafide centre forward ?, they might just look for a striker (old inside right/inside left type) that is not a #9.
As the Swans are currently playing a 5-3-2 formation with no focal point up front, that formation requires 3 centre half's and 2 wing backs but not necessarily an out and out centre forward.
Swans buying a centre forward might depend on if Rodon gets sold or not possibly resulting in a change of formation, who knows what the team will look like at the end of this transfer window.

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 13:25 - Sep 24 with 990 viewsReslovenSwan1

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 09:01 - Sep 24 by SPboy

The list of names should start & finish with kids who played under Cooper for England age groups

These include Loader free but wanting big wages, and Victor Ugbo of Chelsea who was signed by our old friend Paul Clement at Cereles Brugges. There is only a finite number of these players. What about Zohore on a 6 month loan? A fast mobile striker that Cooper likes but blows hot and cold. Obviousy a risk.

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 13:39 - Sep 24 with 984 viewsBadlands

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 09:52 - Sep 24 by trampie

Are the Swans even looking for a bonafide centre forward ?, they might just look for a striker (old inside right/inside left type) that is not a #9.
As the Swans are currently playing a 5-3-2 formation with no focal point up front, that formation requires 3 centre half's and 2 wing backs but not necessarily an out and out centre forward.
Swans buying a centre forward might depend on if Rodon gets sold or not possibly resulting in a change of formation, who knows what the team will look like at the end of this transfer window.

If we are playing with wing backs who are encouraged to cross from deeper positions then we need a target player.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 14:05 - Sep 24 with 972 viewstrampie

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 13:39 - Sep 24 by Badlands

If we are playing with wing backs who are encouraged to cross from deeper positions then we need a target player.

There is no need for them to put crosses in as such if we have no target man , they can just play one-two's up the pitch and try and slip one of the front two in on goal.

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 14:28 - Sep 24 with 959 viewsReslovenSwan1

Coopers press conference. He said Swansea is looking for an EXPERIENCED forward. WBA want to move out Zohore and Charlie Austin for example. They would needed to contibute to wages in a big way of course. As the deadline appraoches these guys should get cheaper and cheaper. They do not want them mopping about the place. Swansea will have to make some compromised on Ayews transfer fee to release him offset against wages of WBA players coming in. Everyone happy.

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 14:58 - Sep 24 with 944 viewsChief

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 14:28 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Coopers press conference. He said Swansea is looking for an EXPERIENCED forward. WBA want to move out Zohore and Charlie Austin for example. They would needed to contibute to wages in a big way of course. As the deadline appraoches these guys should get cheaper and cheaper. They do not want them mopping about the place. Swansea will have to make some compromised on Ayews transfer fee to release him offset against wages of WBA players coming in. Everyone happy.

I noticed we are still being linked to Brewster today. He's been linked with permanent moves to prem sides for a while now but it seems Liverpool asking 20mill plus for him. The fact that we're still linked& that we still haven't signed another striker gives me the impression that we are Liverpool's back up plan &is why we haven't signed a striker yet.

My theory could be complete bollox mind.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 15:45 - Sep 24 with 922 viewstrampie

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 14:58 - Sep 24 by Chief

I noticed we are still being linked to Brewster today. He's been linked with permanent moves to prem sides for a while now but it seems Liverpool asking 20mill plus for him. The fact that we're still linked& that we still haven't signed another striker gives me the impression that we are Liverpool's back up plan &is why we haven't signed a striker yet.

Nothing wrong with that thinking at all, might be wishful thinking but still.

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 19:42 - Sep 24 with 851 viewsFlashberryjack

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 14:58 - Sep 24 by Chief

I hope it's not bollox, in fact there's a lot in what you say.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 20:14 - Sep 24 with 828 viewsdobjack2

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 14:28 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Everybody happy unless you don’t rate Zohore (one half decent scoring season with them) and think that Austin’s best years were a good few years ago.
We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 23:06 - Sep 24 with 768 viewstrampie

Brewster was not involved in Liverpool's EFL cup game tonight, perhaps a move is close ?

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 18:37 - Sep 25 with 661 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Latibeaudiere + Gyökeres are both joining Swansea City, will complete their window. Cooper hopes to not lose any more players. Let’s see if the owners ambitions match his.

According to someone who claims to be in the know on Twitter.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 18:44 - Sep 25 with 648 viewstrampie

We need sign a centre forward by Oct 5? on 18:37 - Sep 25 by Joe_bradshaw

Latibeaudiere + Gyökeres are both joining Swansea City, will complete their window. Cooper hopes to not lose any more players. Let’s see if the owners ambitions match his.

According to someone who claims to be in the know on Twitter.

Seems like a young centre half and a quite young striker, apparently both on loan.
Both seem have potential and quality judging by their wiki pages, the striker is likely to feature for us I would guess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024