Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New rich American owners for Wrexham 22:32 - Sep 23 with 1665 viewsKilkennyjack

Sound familiar at all .... ?

Next level ....

Beware of the Risen People

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 22:49 - Sep 23 with 1642 viewsReslovenSwan1

They would be wise not to allow the Wrexham Trust any shareholding to the club given the way the Swansea Trust has behaved. Swansea being sued by its own Trust will be the Test case proving supporters Trust do not work in the UK where the club is a sucess.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 22:55 - Sep 23 with 1636 viewsKilkennyjack

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 22:49 - Sep 23 by ReslovenSwan1

They would be wise not to allow the Wrexham Trust any shareholding to the club given the way the Swansea Trust has behaved. Swansea being sued by its own Trust will be the Test case proving supporters Trust do not work in the UK where the club is a sucess.

Any idea why the Trust might be sueing ?

Beware of the Risen People

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 23:21 - Sep 23 with 1622 viewschad

Or perhaps the test case proving that cheating and lying to stuff your pockets at the expense of another major shareholder, is unacceptable behaviour and a very expensive jaunt, which people might think twice about taking in future.
New rich American owners for Wrexham on 23:40 - Sep 23 with 1613 viewsReslovenSwan1

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 23:21 - Sep 23 by chad

Or perhaps the test case proving that cheating and lying to stuff your pockets at the expense of another major shareholder, is unacceptable behaviour and a very expensive jaunt, which people might think twice about taking in future.

Even if your dubous narrative is true, why take the chance?

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 00:05 - Sep 24 with 1604 viewsTreforys_Jack

Unbelievable !!!!!
New rich American owners for Wrexham on 01:29 - Sep 24 with 1589 viewsNotLoyal

Wrexham beware.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 07:17 - Sep 24 with 1548 viewsChief

The supporters trust are suing Swansea?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 08:16 - Sep 24 with 1495 viewsswancity

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 07:17 - Sep 24 by Chief

The supporters trust are suing Swansea?

Try to ignore him

It’s better that way.

On the Wrexham situation; their Trust are asking for a vote from their membership as to whether to accept the investment. There are pros and cons but given their situation ( a Conference Club now for more than 10 years ) it may well be the best way forward for them.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 10:00 - Sep 24 with 1445 viewsonehunglow

Every time I pass near the Racecourse,I ask myself how appalling this great old club is playing the likes of Solihull fookn Motors as a league fixture

It is nothing less than shameful

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 11:04 - Sep 24 with 1409 viewsChief

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 08:16 - Sep 24 by swancity

Try to ignore him

It’s better that way.

On the Wrexham situation; their Trust are asking for a vote from their membership as to whether to accept the investment. There are pros and cons but given their situation ( a Conference Club now for more than 10 years ) it may well be the best way forward for them.

It's ok, i find it interesting to find out other fans viewpoints.

If I ignored points like they do with one's that don't suit their agenda / completely unbalanced view, it would make me as bad as them.

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 12:30 - Sep 24 with 1369 viewsBillyChong

If anything our example is a word of warning to the Wrexham Supporters Trust.
New rich American owners for Wrexham on 12:53 - Sep 24 with 1368 viewsReslovenSwan1

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 11:04 - Sep 24 by Chief

It's ok, i find it interesting to find out other fans viewpoints.

If I ignored points like they do with one's that don't suit their agenda / completely unbalanced view, it would make me as bad as them.

There is nothing odd about my views. They are out of kilter with most posters on this forum which was once owned by a Trust notable. SCFC2 was also owned by a Trust notable before he sold up. This forum itself had period of independence and now is firmly in the grip of the same gentleman it seems. The relationship is so close in the gentleman's post he refered to 'Phil and I' when he meant 'Keith and I'.

My views are independent. I think the Trust is badly run due to a failure of networking at board level, obsessed with adminsitration aspects with an absence of long strategy and a gross disregard for financial and investment aspects. A little parochial with a deep distrust of foreigners particluarly Americans arising out of a long standing South Wales political heritage. Had they managed their affairs properly with a clear philosophy they would not need to pay third parties a penny.

Thank you for your "tolerance" Chief. My personal ethos is not to abuse other posters even if they call me mentally deranged. I might go as far to suggest they are a little bit dim but that is it.

Wrexham is a fully owned fans club that was side by side with Swansea in league 2. I remember watching Swansea hanging on for a draw after Andy Morrell missed a hatful of chances at the Vetch. Had he scored Swansea would have gone to the National league.

Wrexham were bought be Alex Hamilton who wanted to build flats on the clubs land and Swansea were taken over by people labelled 'sellouts' despite the fact the main drivers are still shareholders with influence. At that point their fates went in opposite direction. Wrexham engrossed in years of legal wrangling about ownership have struggled while Swansea prospered.

Wrexham Trust appears an honourable institution but severely limimited in what it can do and unable to borrow much or buy themselves back into the league. This could easily be Swansea city in the future. A Trust owned Swansea is will be the the National league to league 1. Like Wrexham will see all its best players taken away. Swansea academy have at least two Wrexham prospects. A lump sum of say £10m which seems like a lot to an average punters will year by year be devalued to a point of irrelevance.

I would not be too surprised if the actors know Kaplan and Levien who have their own Hollywood A lister associate. I have always wanted Swansea to associate itself with Welsh clubs rather than Yeovil for example. Wrexham were playing good football on the deck way before Swansea were and Brian Flynn started the Swansea revolution after his long spell at Wrexham. He lost a FA cup quarter final to Chesterfield of all people that had Kevin Davies at CF and Sean Dyche at CB.

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 14:26 - Sep 24 with 1324 viewsChief

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 12:53 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

There is nothing odd about my views. They are out of kilter with most posters on this forum which was once owned by a Trust notable. SCFC2 was also owned by a Trust notable before he sold up. This forum itself had period of independence and now is firmly in the grip of the same gentleman it seems. The relationship is so close in the gentleman's post he refered to 'Phil and I' when he meant 'Keith and I'.

My views are independent. I think the Trust is badly run due to a failure of networking at board level, obsessed with adminsitration aspects with an absence of long strategy and a gross disregard for financial and investment aspects. A little parochial with a deep distrust of foreigners particluarly Americans arising out of a long standing South Wales political heritage. Had they managed their affairs properly with a clear philosophy they would not need to pay third parties a penny.

Thank you for your "tolerance" Chief. My personal ethos is not to abuse other posters even if they call me mentally deranged. I might go as far to suggest they are a little bit dim but that is it.

Wrexham is a fully owned fans club that was side by side with Swansea in league 2. I remember watching Swansea hanging on for a draw after Andy Morrell missed a hatful of chances at the Vetch. Had he scored Swansea would have gone to the National league.

Wrexham were bought be Alex Hamilton who wanted to build flats on the clubs land and Swansea were taken over by people labelled 'sellouts' despite the fact the main drivers are still shareholders with influence. At that point their fates went in opposite direction. Wrexham engrossed in years of legal wrangling about ownership have struggled while Swansea prospered.

Wrexham Trust appears an honourable institution but severely limimited in what it can do and unable to borrow much or buy themselves back into the league. This could easily be Swansea city in the future. A Trust owned Swansea is will be the the National league to league 1. Like Wrexham will see all its best players taken away. Swansea academy have at least two Wrexham prospects. A lump sum of say £10m which seems like a lot to an average punters will year by year be devalued to a point of irrelevance.

I would not be too surprised if the actors know Kaplan and Levien who have their own Hollywood A lister associate. I have always wanted Swansea to associate itself with Welsh clubs rather than Yeovil for example. Wrexham were playing good football on the deck way before Swansea were and Brian Flynn started the Swansea revolution after his long spell at Wrexham. He lost a FA cup quarter final to Chesterfield of all people that had Kevin Davies at CF and Sean Dyche at CB.

Well I didn't say your views are odd just that they are unbalanced to the point that you come across as having a personal vendetta instead of assessing events on their own merits.
The fact that certain forums are run by people associated with the trust is of no real interest to me. I'll post on all of them depending on topic.
-Your networking point I can't agree with, the trust was even criticised for being too close to the owners under coozes time&since the trust has repeatedly said they what to be consulted on matters (they even acknowledged improvement under Birch).
-again if you have nous in investments why not put your ideas forward instead of badmouthing volunteers..
- the nationality is of consequence - Tony Petty was English / Ozzie and the trust was right to oppose him.
-they weren't labelled as sellouts when they took over, their actions since have lead to that.
- struggling to see your point on Wrexhams trust - you think they're honorable but that they shouldn't be part of the club? They're involved in their club during Wrexhams worst ever period, yet our trust who've been involved right through our most successful evert time are a failure?

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 15:58 - Sep 24 with 1294 viewsReslovenSwan1

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 14:26 - Sep 24 by Chief

Well I didn't say your views are odd just that they are unbalanced to the point that you come across as having a personal vendetta instead of assessing events on their own merits.
The fact that certain forums are run by people associated with the trust is of no real interest to me. I'll post on all of them depending on topic.
-Your networking point I can't agree with, the trust was even criticised for being too close to the owners under coozes time&since the trust has repeatedly said they what to be consulted on matters (they even acknowledged improvement under Birch).
-again if you have nous in investments why not put your ideas forward instead of badmouthing volunteers..
- the nationality is of consequence - Tony Petty was English / Ozzie and the trust was right to oppose him.
-they weren't labelled as sellouts when they took over, their actions since have lead to that.
- struggling to see your point on Wrexhams trust - you think they're honorable but that they shouldn't be part of the club? They're involved in their club during Wrexhams worst ever period, yet our trust who've been involved right through our most successful evert time are a failure?

Swansea's Trust is a failure because they failed to sell in the Premier league. The board member at the time stated they would 'never sell' and reluctance to sell was reiterated after he left. This was a networking failure as all the other shareholders did want to sell and the issue was not dealt with in the boardroom. The shizim was caused by the Trust from what I can see. In my view the others had a right to sell if that was their wish.

Had the Trust wanted to sell all matters to adminstation documentation would be irrelevant.

They have chosen to go down a very risky litigation route which in itself is a failure as third parties should not be profiting form the Swansea Trust. They are preparing a legal route to do what they should have done in 2016 that is sell some of their shares to a proportion chosen by them. They will only recieve roughly half of the money they would have got in 2016 due to the high costs. Abject failure costing millions.

If the Trust was owned by me I would never consider this option. The decision making is slack because no one owns the shares and the only beneficiaries are the legal funders, agents and advisors. Comments on forums indicate the motivation is not money (becuase they have no idea what to to with the money).

It would be far better to patch up arrangements with the US people and wait for a return to the Premier league. They could even agree a price with the US people in advance below the PL market price but well above the value they get from legal action.

I have never had to stand up in court under oath and i would imagine it would be very stressfull. I doubt I would get much sleep that week. I would never want to stand up in courts and defend the Trust's case, not in a million years. Putting ordinary people under the spotlight like this can have poor outcomes.

The investment issue is plain common sense. Have cash - get advice. My financial advisor would pull her hair out if she reviewed the Trust 'risk profile'. There are experienced people on the Trust board who do not need my advice. Having 95% of your assets in a struggling football team for years with a x100 asset gain is frankly beyond bonkers. The only possible excuse it that forming a balance protfolio is not permitted under the constitution.

I would not be surprised to see a familar face or two turn up at Wrexham. Flynn Trundle Cooper all did time at Wrexham and some of Swansea's shareholders have experience of lower legaue football and are known to be on the lookout for a clean slate with potential. The actors will be looking for people to do the day to day stuff. You can be sure if Swansea people will be involved there will be no Wrexham Trust involvement. This is the legacy of the Swansea Trust travails which were and still are avoidable.

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 16:37 - Sep 24 with 1279 viewsNotLoyal

Are they Americans?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 17:00 - Sep 24 with 1265 viewsChief

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 15:58 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea's Trust is a failure because they failed to sell in the Premier league. The board member at the time stated they would 'never sell' and reluctance to sell was reiterated after he left. This was a networking failure as all the other shareholders did want to sell and the issue was not dealt with in the boardroom. The shizim was caused by the Trust from what I can see. In my view the others had a right to sell if that was their wish.

Had the Trust wanted to sell all matters to adminstation documentation would be irrelevant.

They have chosen to go down a very risky litigation route which in itself is a failure as third parties should not be profiting form the Swansea Trust. They are preparing a legal route to do what they should have done in 2016 that is sell some of their shares to a proportion chosen by them. They will only recieve roughly half of the money they would have got in 2016 due to the high costs. Abject failure costing millions.

If the Trust was owned by me I would never consider this option. The decision making is slack because no one owns the shares and the only beneficiaries are the legal funders, agents and advisors. Comments on forums indicate the motivation is not money (becuase they have no idea what to to with the money).

It would be far better to patch up arrangements with the US people and wait for a return to the Premier league. They could even agree a price with the US people in advance below the PL market price but well above the value they get from legal action.

I have never had to stand up in court under oath and i would imagine it would be very stressfull. I doubt I would get much sleep that week. I would never want to stand up in courts and defend the Trust's case, not in a million years. Putting ordinary people under the spotlight like this can have poor outcomes.

The investment issue is plain common sense. Have cash - get advice. My financial advisor would pull her hair out if she reviewed the Trust 'risk profile'. There are experienced people on the Trust board who do not need my advice. Having 95% of your assets in a struggling football team for years with a x100 asset gain is frankly beyond bonkers. The only possible excuse it that forming a balance protfolio is not permitted under the constitution.

I would not be surprised to see a familar face or two turn up at Wrexham. Flynn Trundle Cooper all did time at Wrexham and some of Swansea's shareholders have experience of lower legaue football and are known to be on the lookout for a clean slate with potential. The actors will be looking for people to do the day to day stuff. You can be sure if Swansea people will be involved there will be no Wrexham Trust involvement. This is the legacy of the Swansea Trust travails which were and still are avoidable.

By networking failure what you actually mean is meaningfully deceived by the sell outs who after the failure of the Noell bid where the trust did have input. They weren't going to let another opportunity slip by. They had the right to sell yea, but whether they fulfilled their legal obligations through that we'll see.
Sell to who in 2016? Noell? He didn't buy any shares, what makes you think he'd buy the trust's alone?.
You know full well but are ignoring the fact that trust has tried to come to agreement previously so 'patching up ' failure is at the Americans door.

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 17:13 - Sep 24 with 1256 viewsReslovenSwan1

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 10:00 - Sep 24 by onehunglow

Every time I pass near the Racecourse,I ask myself how appalling this great old club is playing the likes of Solihull fookn Motors as a league fixture

Run by a Supporters trust what do you expect.? They make bad decisions all the time.

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 18:05 - Sep 24 with 1240 viewsChief

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 17:13 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Run by a Supporters trust what do you expect.? They make bad decisions all the time.

Oh yea nothing to do with the previous owner at all then?

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 19:01 - Sep 24 with 1217 viewsReslovenSwan1

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 18:05 - Sep 24 by Chief

Oh yea nothing to do with the previous owner at all then?

Not really they have been in charge since 2011 and suspect took over with no significant debts to pay. In that perioid they only got close to promotion once losing to Newport County in the play off despite getting very good gates.

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 19:11 - Sep 24 with 1211 viewsChief

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 19:01 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Not really they have been in charge since 2011 and suspect took over with no significant debts to pay. In that perioid they only got close to promotion once losing to Newport County in the play off despite getting very good gates.

Although the club survived and still play in the English pyramid system and at their historic home.

The fact that there's even a club for Ryan Reynolds to invest into is testament to their good work.

New rich American owners for Wrexham (n/t) on 21:40 - Sep 24 with 1194 viewsThrasher6

[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 21:43]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 21:42 - Sep 24 with 1190 viewsThrasher6

New rich American owners for Wrexham on 10:00 - Sep 24 by onehunglow

Wave a magic wand at it....ffs...

It's called reality......most people don't populate it...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024