Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? 11:29 - Sep 27 with 1727 viewsmagicdaps10

In a new striker..... Gone public with it I see!

Not a good sign that he has to go down this route, trying to put the pressure on via the public/press.

The next level! 🤣

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 11:36 - Sep 27 with 1157 viewsjack_lord

Good on him though.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 11:38 - Sep 27 with 1154 viewsBadlands

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 11:36 - Sep 27 by jack_lord

Good on him though.

Trust to stump up 21%?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 11:51 - Sep 27 with 1136 viewsmagicdaps10

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 11:36 - Sep 27 by jack_lord

Good on him though.

Definetly, these yanks need to have the boot up the rear a lot more. Cooper is 100% correct in what he is sting, to push on and show ambition.... A striker or 2 is a must.

Personally I think we should be looking for an older head up top, someone in for a year who has been about and scored goals.. If we can also bring in a younger striker like Brewster then great.

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 11:59 - Sep 27 with 1126 viewstheloneranger

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 11:38 - Sep 27 by Badlands

Trust to stump up 21%?

HJ and MM 10% ??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:01 - Sep 27 with 1125 viewsjasper_T

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 11:51 - Sep 27 by magicdaps10

Definetly, these yanks need to have the boot up the rear a lot more. Cooper is 100% correct in what he is sting, to push on and show ambition.... A striker or 2 is a must.

Personally I think we should be looking for an older head up top, someone in for a year who has been about and scored goals.. If we can also bring in a younger striker like Brewster then great.

So we're just writing off Cullen then?

If we buy a striker we either drop one of Cooper's other new signings and/or change shape. Not sure how we can afford it until Ayew is gone. With covid and the parachute dropping his £5m becomes a bigger and bigger burden on the club.
Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:06 - Sep 27 with 1123 viewsswancity

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:01 - Sep 27 by jasper_T

If we buy a striker we either drop one of Cooper's other new signings and/or change shape. Not sure how we can afford it until Ayew is gone. With covid and the parachute dropping his £5m becomes a bigger and bigger burden on the club.

No one is writing Cullen off, he’s shown promise and will get games. Try to be a bit more positive. You might feel better for it.

But there’s a definite need for another striker at the club. Either a young Premier League player on loan or a punt on someone from a lower league club but it’s essential that the squad is strengthened in that area.

And good on SC for making it public.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:08 - Sep 27 with 1119 viewsmagicdaps10

Cullen is the only recognised centre forward in the squad, I am not writing him off... Just like Cooper I am in the mind set that we have to add support to that area.

Ayew and Lowe are not centre forwards albeit can play there if needs be. Ayew has 9 months left of his contract, I am unsure of his weekly wage but at top end 80k a week? That is not even 3M left to pay, the loan coupled with the few Million received this summer in sales and bonuses would have that covered!
5M you say!? I have already created 2M for Cooper to go out and get reinforcements from the figures and calculations 😁
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 12:09]

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:18 - Sep 27 with 1099 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust to stump up 21%?

The Trust millionaires have gone AWOL on that one. "We are simple folk see butt".
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 12:21]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:21 - Sep 27 with 1094 viewsblaenaugwentjack

The more I think about it the more I see Cooper playing wit bout wing backs because we do not have an out and out centre forward. If we get a striker in, then I wouldn't be surprised to see us revert to a flat back four. I'm not a massive fan of Cooper, but you have give him credit for what he has done so far this season without a recognised striker.
Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:26 - Sep 27 with 1082 viewsonehunglow

I agree although it’s through gritted teeth.

Cooper is restricted by our Owners and he must be frustrated,as we are.We really can and should be looking at returning to Prem League

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:33 - Sep 27 with 1068 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:26 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Cooper is restricted by our Owners and he must be frustrated,as we are.We really can and should be looking at returning to Prem League

The really frustrating thing is we wouldn't need massive investment to make a real to of it for promotion.
Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:48 - Sep 27 with 1059 viewsChief

To clarify OP&others, do you mean you want the majority owners to sanction the purchase of a striker from the football club's funds?
Or do you want the American's to loan the club more money to buy the players?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:56 - Sep 27 with 1046 viewsjasper_T

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:08 - Sep 27 by magicdaps10

Cullen is the only recognised centre forward in the squad, I am not writing him off... Just like Cooper I am in the mind set that we have to add support to that area.

Ayew and Lowe are not centre forwards albeit can play there if needs be. Ayew has 9 months left of his contract, I am unsure of his weekly wage but at top end 80k a week? That is not even 3M left to pay, the loan coupled with the few Million received this summer in sales and bonuses would have that covered!
5M you say!? I have already created 2M for Cooper to go out and get reinforcements from the figures and calculations 😁
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 12:09]

£80k/week basic plus tax and bonuses. 16 goals ain't cheap on top PL rates. But you're right that we're already down 3 months of his annual pay.
Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:58 - Sep 27 with 1042 viewsbuilthjack

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:26 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

A bit of ambition from the owners - give Cooper some funds - and we would get back into the land of milk and honey.
Its a great start to the season but we cant keep it up unless we have the tools to do the job.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 13:01 - Sep 27 with 1038 viewsjasper_T

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:48 - Sep 27 by Chief

To clarify OP&others, do you mean you want the majority owners to sanction the purchase of a striker from the football club's funds?

They want the evil yanks to throw free money at the club to "show ambition".
Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 13:06 - Sep 27 with 1037 viewsChief

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 13:01 - Sep 27 by jasper_T

They want the evil yanks to throw free money at the club to "show ambition".

Well that is against FFP rules&disingenuous to suggest that's what they meant before they have a chance to clarify.

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 13:16 - Sep 27 with 1031 viewsjasper_T

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 13:06 - Sep 27 by Chief

Well that is against FFP rules&disingenuous to suggest that's what they meant before they have a chance to clarify.

It's not against the rules to put money into clubs to cover accounts losses/spending there's just limits on how much.
Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 13:20 - Sep 27 with 1023 viewsjasper_T

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:06 - Sep 27 by swancity

No one is writing Cullen off, he’s shown promise and will get games. Try to be a bit more positive. You might feel better for it.

But there’s a definite need for another striker at the club. Either a young Premier League player on loan or a punt on someone from a lower league club but it’s essential that the squad is strengthened in that area.

And good on SC for making it public.

Cullen's only not a "young PL player" because our seniors got relegated. Came through the system of a PL academy. Two good goalscoring seasons at PL2 level (2nd highest behind Brighton's Connolly season before last).

Bring in two strikers and I don't see how he ever gets a game. Living off scraps as it is. 21 now, needs chances here or elsewhere.
Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 13:27 - Sep 27 with 1013 viewsChief

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 13:16 - Sep 27 by jasper_T

It's not against the rules to put money into clubs to cover accounts losses/spending there's just limits on how much.

Duly noted

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 14:00 - Sep 27 with 992 viewsmagicdaps10

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 12:48 - Sep 27 by Chief

We need a striker....... That is all is needed too be known.

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 14:05 - Sep 27 with 988 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 14:00 - Sep 27 by magicdaps10

We need a striker....... That is all is needed too be known.

Well no. It isn't really.

We've already had to borrow off Jake Silverstein this season, there's no idea when crowds will be allowed back into games again so we're a major income stream down, yet still we have people blithely demanding that we chuck money at a striker.

If we can't find one we can afford then we don't sign one. Cooper will have to deal with it, and so will everyone else.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 14:06]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 14:15 - Sep 27 with 973 viewsmagicdaps10

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 14:05 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston

Well no. It isn't really.

We've already had to borrow off Jake Silverstein this season, there's no idea when crowds will be allowed back into games again so we're a major income stream down, yet still we have people blithely demanding that we chuck money at a striker.

If we can't find one we can afford then we don't sign one. Cooper will have to deal with it, and so will everyone else.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 14:06]

Is it a fact that we are currently in a position that we can't bring anyone in, be it permanently or loan?

Is it a yes, no or you don't know!?!

Without knowing that the club can't 100% bring someone in, surely it is not worth being negative and stating we can't do so.... Without hearing 100% fact that we can't then the priority and need is for a centre forward.
Cooper would surely know the financial position we are in and he is shouting for a new striker! 🤷‍♂️

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 14:17 - Sep 27 with 969 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 14:15 - Sep 27 by magicdaps10

Is it a fact that we are currently in a position that we can't bring anyone in, be it permanently or loan?

Is it a yes, no or you don't know!?!

Without knowing that the club can't 100% bring someone in, surely it is not worth being negative and stating we can't do so.... Without hearing 100% fact that we can't then the priority and need is for a centre forward.
Cooper would surely know the financial position we are in and he is shouting for a new striker! 🤷‍♂️

I didn't state we can't do so. Read it again. Particularly the first line of the last paragraph.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 14:30 - Sep 27 with 955 viewsmagicdaps10

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 14:17 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston

I didn't state we can't do so. Read it again. Particularly the first line of the last paragraph.

Great, let's think positive that we are in a position to do some business on a much needed area... Be it on a good budget or a minimal one, if it is the latter then with a lot of hard work and vision that player/s will be out there.

Well done to Cooper for going public over such a glaringly obvious issue we need to address as a club.

Cooper trying to get the yanks to invest!? on 19:44 - Sep 27 with 846 viewsBillyChong

Trust to stump up 21%?

Since when has the model of supporters trusts involved this? Never.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024